We Were Both Young - MLP Fanfic

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

We Were Both Young - MLP Fanfic

Postby sapiosexual » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:04 am

This fanfic is based off of how Cadance and Shining Armor met. Respectful critique is highly appreciated c:
I know it is spelled as Cadance, but my auto-correct changes it to Cadence without me knowing :c Sorry!

----------

"Cadance?" The white stallion called in confusion, watching the pink mare step through the doors of his home with her hair up in a ponytail. He latched his saddlebag on and approached her, admiration shining in his eyes. "I haven't seen you since filly school!"
Cadance looked up, her violet eyes meeting his. "Shining Armor!" She exclaimed. "I didn't know that Twilight was your younger sister- I didn't even know that you even had a younger sister!" The two conversed while little Twilight sat in the back, head tilted as she watched them. What a pretty pony.. Plus, she's a princess! How did Shining Armor know her in filly school? She thought. She returned to reality when Shining Armor hugged her. "I'm going to my Royal Guard tryouts," he said. "Cadence is here to foalsit you." At that, Twilight's eyes grew large in admiration. She began hopping around. "My foalsitter is a princess! She's going to be the best foal sitter ever!"
The pink pony laughed gently, watching as Shining Armor left with a last glance back at them. Cadence sat, reading a moment through her checklist of things, mentally laughing at how the small filly was gawking at her. "Twilight Sparkle. Such a lovely name." Cadence smiled at her and used her magic to fold up the paper and levitate it into her saddlebag. "Would you like to go to the park?"

--

At the park, Cadence pushed Twilight on the swing at her request. "I am soooo lucky to have you as my foalsitter!" Twilight exclaimed.
Cadence smiled gently. "No, I'm the lucky one."
"But you're a princess! I'm just a regular old unicorn!"
"You are anything but a regular old unicorn." The two then hopped towards the ground, leaping and doing a jig while singing, "sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake!" The two laughed and rolled to the ground, then returned home. Two ponies were arguing at a dinner table. Cadence smiled at Twilight, then bright hearts arose from her horn and surrounded the ponies. Immediately, they stopped arguing and looked into each others eyes. Twilight beamed up at the princess. I'm so lucky!

--
sapiosexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me