Moon Seekers ~DO NOT POST~

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Moon Seekers ~DO NOT POST~

Postby Folmes » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:05 am

Summary

WIP

Pack

Alphas

Luna {Black she-wolf}
Cody {Dark brown with tan- Male}

Pack Members

June {White she-wolf}
Glacier {Black with specks of while- Male}
Brian {Dark brown with tan- Male}

Omegas

Paige {Light brown with white underbelly- Female}

Pack Family Trees

Pack Family Trees as of Chapter 1
Pack Family Trees as of Chapter 2

Guide

Chapter 1 {New Home}
Chapter 2 {The New Generation}
Last edited by Folmes on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImage
rose kingdom (my characters)
my toyhou.se
✦ she/they ✦ adult ✦ er vet tech ✦ type 1 diabetic ✦
✦ artist for range trotters & skullies & sveldala walkers
♥ avatar by sleepyDandy
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

New Home

Postby Folmes » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:28 pm

~ New Home ~

The white wolf ran through the snow, fresh powder flying behind her. She swiftly dodged tall pine trees, feeling her soft pelt brush them as she ran. She breathed in the chilled air, the breathing out in a white cloud. Her paws became numb as she ran through the dark forest, getting closer and closer to her destination. She panted as the trees rushed past her and the cool breeze chilled her fur.

She was sent ahead by her pack to scout for other threats, making sure everything was safe. The alpha female of the pack, Luna, was expecting puppies soon. While her pack of six was far behind her in the snow, the white wolf had slowed down to a walk. She smelt the ground, smelling a stale fox scent. She dashed up a small hill to a large hallow which was surrounded by thick trees and brush. This would be great for the pack. She thought, smelling the clearing. She spotted a dark hole in one of the largest pine trees she had ever seen, and it was hallow, just the right size for a large alpha and her puppies. It was well hidden from the elements and predators.

“There you are June.” A familiar voice came from behind the white wolf. June turned fur on end.

“Oh,” her fur relaxed as she greeted the strange wolf, “it’s only you Glacier.” June walked over to her pack mate. “You frightened me.” She said licking his chin. He licked her forehead in return.

“Hm,” Glacier mocked his friend a bit, “Luna sent me ahead to accompany you in your search. She says her puppies are getting more and more restless.” He smelt the ground and noticed the hallow tree. “But I can see you don’t need any help finding us a place to stay.” He turned back to June, “let’s go tell the others.” He smiled at bit at the she-wolf and walked past her, letting his pelt brush up against hers. She nodded happily and followed him back through the thick forest.

They started to sprint, racing each other, dodging the thick pine trees, the fresh, powdery snow, once again, fly up behind them. They began to walk again as June scented her pack mates, one of them rushing up to them. Neither June nor Glacier could see through the flurry of snow. As the wolf got closer, June made out her light brown fur. It was Paige, the omega of the pack. “Oh, I’m glad you two are back. Luna has been getting more and more anxious.” She reported to June and Glacier as she shook in the cold.

“Is she alright though?” June asked in sudden concern for her alpha.

“Yes, she is fine for now. But I do hope you found a good spot for us.” Paige said, still shaking. June nodded and trotted past the skinny wolf to the rest of her pack, Glacier following her. She shook her snow covered fur and walked over to her alphas and sat down. Luna was laying in the fresh snow, looking exhausted and breathing heavily. Glacier had come up behind June and sat next to her. Luna opened her eyes and said, "Please tell me you have found a spot for us."

June nodded to her, "We found a clearing not far from here. There is a large hallow tree for you too." Luna's ears pircked up at the news.

"Good. Go tell Cody; the pack must move quickly." she said, panting again. June and Glacier nodded to her and June stood, facing Glacier.

"Tell the others we are leaving soon." she barked at him through the snow. He nodded happily and stood, trotting to the pack, spreading the news. June watched her old friend walk away, leaving her shivering in the flurry of snow. Beining to walk, she searched for Cody, who was the alpha male. She soon spotted the massive black wolf and trotted over to him.

"Hello June." Cody said to June as the chiled wind ruffled up his pelt.

"Hello Cody. Glacier and I have found a fairly large clearing not far from here. It is surrounded by trees and has plenty of cover." June explained to him proudly. He nodded and stood, going over to Luna, getting the she wolf to her feet. The rest of the pack has stood by now, prepared to travel.

Luna spoke quietly, "June and Glacier, you found this place. You will lead us too it." Gritted her teeth in pain she added, "quickly." She stated calmly. June and Glacier moved quickly to the front of the pack that now had Luna in the center of them. The pack traveled through the thick snow, and the dense trees and finally had reached the massive clearing June and Glacier had been before. The wolves could feel the sudden cover front the elements. Cody was the first to move around the clearing, smelling every stick and leaf. He had made a complete circle around the hallow and returned to the pack.

"It is clear. You did well June and Glacier." He said nodding to them, then went back over to Luna, who was now struggling to stand under the weight of herself and her unborn puppies. Together, they moved to the hallow tree and Cody layed Luna down in it.

Paige was the first to move of the four of the pack that were left at the entrance of the clearing, swiftly going in and out of holes in the bushes. “There is covering under here.” She said to her pack members whose curiosity had gotten the best of them and began to move around their new-found camp. June twitched her ear as she slipped into the hole that Paige had explored. Inside the covering of the brush, she noticed there was only room for three wolves at the most. I can just stay watch… she thinks to herself. Especially with the alpha female expecting puppies. She smelt the inside walls of the den and crawled back outside to the snowy clearing.

The other wolves in her pack looked at her, “There is only enough room for three wolves at the most.” Her pack mates ears and tails twitched uncomfortably. “But I’m offering to stay out and stand guard.”

“I am staying with Luna tonight.” Cody added quickly and walked back over to Luna, licking her head. The pack twitched their ears to their alphas and turned back to June.

“No. You need to sleep.” Glacier stepped in, touching Junes forehead with his nose. June nodded, happy to be relieved to rest.

“Thank you.” June said to Glacier thankfully and continued, “We can hunt in the morning.” She said as June and her pack mates slipped into the new den, curling up together into a warm ball, they dozed off to sleep.
Last edited by Folmes on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
my toyhou.se
♥ avatar by sleepyDandy
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

New Generation

Postby Folmes » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:38 am

~ The New Generation ~

June woke to hear the small yelps of puppies. Jumping from her warm spot in the den she woke her pack mates. She darted out of the brush, ramming into Brian, one of her pack mates. “Hey! Watch where you’re running!” Brian yelped as June’s body collided with his.

June shook her head groggily and stood quickly. “I’m so sorry Brian. Can’t you hear the puppies?” June asked looking around the clearing towards the large, hollow tree where Luna was. Glaicer and Paige appeared form out of the brush.

“What’s going on June?” Paige asked anxiously, shaking a bit.

"I thought I heard puppies." June said, her tail drooping to the cold ground.

"You did." Cody's deep voice came up behind the pack from Luna's den. June's tail wagged a bit a the news. "She has already given birth to two beautiful puppies. She suspects there are more, but only time will tell." He said happily to them. Luna yelped in pain from the den, making Cody's ears pin back to his head. The rest of the pack looked at him curiously. "She will not let me see her. She says she needs to do this alone." His tail fell to the ground and he layed down in the snow.

June looked around, longing to see the new members of the pack. Luna called Cody from her the tree-den. Cody hopped from his spot rushing over to his mate. The rest of the pack gathered around the den, listening to the puppies cries.

After a few moments, Cody returned from inside then den, carrying a small bundle of limp fur in his mouth. June’s heart sank as he laid it on the ground. “One of her pups did not make it through birth. We have named her Abby.” Cody said grimly to them.

“May her soul rest with the stars.” Brain said, then stepping up to the body of the pup, touching his nose to her flank. June waited for him to step away from Abby, then moved towards her and touched her own nose to the pup’s pelt. She was soon followed by Glacier and Paige.

“There are three others alive and well though.” Cody said to his pack then grabbed the puppy in his mouth again. Brian accompanied his brother to bury the pup and they slipped away into the darkness of the forest.

June hung her head low as she watched them disappear into the forest. Glacier came up next to her, his head and tail dropping a bit. “Lets go see her.” He said to her, smiling a bit, he guided June over to Luna’s den. They came to the opening of the tree den, she could hear from the inside, the sound of the other pups wines and cries.

“Luna?” Glacier asked through the thick brush covering the mouth of the den. “May we come and see you?”

“Of course. One at a time though, it can get crowded in here.” Luna said back from inside the den. June could hear the weakness in her voice as she nodded for Glacier to slip into the den.

Last bumped by Folmes on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:38 am.
ImageImage
my toyhou.se
♥ avatar by sleepyDandy
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes