The Summer's Lost Rose

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

The Summer's Lost Rose

Postby blackberrycandy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:23 am

Hi, here's my story, I hope you enjoy. Comments and crit are welcome, as well as suggestions for the name. c:

Prologue
They
Said
You'll
Be
Fine,
Your
Heart
Will
Mend
But
It
Never
Did.

Sighing softly, I traced her name into the bark of the willow tree, again and again.
Rose. Rose. Rose. Rose. Rose. Rose.
The wind whistled gently through the leaves and they seemed to sing a soft lullaby, adding to my heartbreak. How could life still be so beautiful? How could the birds still sing? How could people still live in this world? This world without Rose.

Last edited by blackberrycandy on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm currently on a semi-hiatus, so it will be a while before I respond to PM's, trades ect. Sorry c:
Link to my PPS Cocoon auction!
blackberrycandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Currently No Title c:

Postby Thundyfly » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:25 am

That's so bittersweet! :')
Thundyfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackberrycandy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:26 am

Frostwillow wrote:That's so bittersweet! :')

Thanks, ill try and get the first chapter done soon c:
I'm currently on a semi-hiatus, so it will be a while before I respond to PM's, trades ect. Sorry c:
blackberrycandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackberrycandy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:33 am

Chapter 1
Rose
Yes?
Why do you think the birds sing?
No idea. What do you think?
I dunno really.
I guess they must have a reason.
Like me and my art.
Yup, and like me and my acting.
Do you think they'll ever stop singing?
Maybe. When their sun fades I guess.
What do you mean their sun?
Their happiness.
So what's your sun?
You.
Night Rose.
Night Summer.

It's the morning now, and I have to face another day. Another day without Rose. School is still on, but I don't want to go back. To the sympathetic smiles, the sad looks and the sad words. They'll tell me that she's in my heart, but I don't want her there. I want her in my life, with me. I want her to wake me up, to make me giggle, to help me through the bad times. I want her to be standing in the bathroom with me, making funny faces in the mirror. I want her to be making me pancakes in the kitchen, making a colossal mess then laughing. I want her to be swimming in the river with me, and picking roses, to put in a basket to give to Mum. Then Mum would laugh and hug us and say we’re her best girls then make pizza for dinner. I want my old life back. The safe, happy secure life, where I had Rose. But she’s gone now and there’s nothing I can do anymore.

I get up and go downstairs. Mum is already in the shed, where she does all her painting. Music drifts softly outside and it’s a sad and slow classical piece that Rose used to play before one of her big performances in drama. She said it calmed her down but I don’t think it’s having the same effect on Mum. Even from here, I can hear her crying and I know her heart is broken, like mine. She used to like Capital and pop music but since Rose died, classical is all she ever listens to. It breaks my heart, over and over, that Rose’s death had such a big impact on our entire life. It breaks my heart more though, to know she’s gone. I grab an apple, before going back upstairs, where I hide in our wardrobe. It’s full of Rose’s clothes, which smell of her. They have such a sweet scent and they remind me of her so much. I curl up in a ball and smell her soft scent. Even the smell of her perfume drifts in the wardrobe and I feel so close to her, like she’s curled up next to me, chatting. Eventually, I know I have to get up. Pushing the doors open, I step outside and into our room. She had the bed by the window, because she liked the fresh air and the sunlight that would pour in. I slept in the bed next to her, by the wall. I didn’t mind. I was happy where I slept, because it meant I was always near to Rose, and I could always hear her breathing and talking, and sometimes even singing in her sleep. All of that is gone now though, but the memories are still fresh in my mind. They’ll always be there, although they hold pain too. But still I cling to them, because they have Rose in.
Last edited by blackberrycandy on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
blackberrycandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thundyfly » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 am

That's amazing!
Thundyfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackberrycandy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:40 am

Frostwillow wrote:That's amazing!

Thanks, I have to sleep now but the rest should be posted by tomorrow evening c: any suggestions for its title? c:
I'm thinking sort if names like,
After The Storm
The One Way Road
Walking Alone
Ect c:
blackberrycandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thundyfly » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:58 am

Ok!
I like after the storm
Maybe, after the storm I walk alone or something
Thundyfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sophiebella » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:50 am

Wow this is so cool. I can't wait to see what it's like.
I'm vaguely back from a hiatus - looking for horses I missed.

The best
people in
life are the
people who
think about
the good
things they
have, rather
than the
amazing
things they
don't have.
Sophiebella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackberrycandy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:49 am

Frostwillow wrote:Ok!
I like after the storm
Maybe, after the storm I walk alone or something

Cool, thanks, Im going to try and think of some other suggestions then maybe have a poll.

Sophiebella wrote:Wow this is so cool. I can't wait to see what it's like.

Thanks, I've added the first chapter in now c:
blackberrycandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackberrycandy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:21 pm

Edited it abit c: who does everyone like it?
blackberrycandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me