I never asked to be a hero

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Postby cujo. » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 pm

lyrics (c) Bon Jovi - It's My Life | image (c) rightful owners
It's my life
-ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀʏ
It's now or never-
ᴡʜʏ ɪsɴ'ᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ?
I ain't gonna live
forever
-
ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍᴇ
It's my life-
ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇᴛ?
My heart is like
an open highway
-
ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʜɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ
Like Frankie said-
ᴡʜʏ ᴅɪᴅ ʜᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ?
I did it my way-
ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ᴡᴀʏ
I just wanna live
while I'm alive
-
ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀsᴋᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜɪs
It's my life-
ɪᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀʏ ...
Last edited by cujo. on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

pay attention

Postby cujo. » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:31 pm

image (c) rightful owners, found on tumblr
This story is completely mine and mine alone. I do not appreticate someone 'borrowing' my story; any part of it. It is not charming, it is not I love your writing! I wanted to be just like you! No it is not flattering. This is plagrisim my dears and very much illegal, if I see my story duplicated anywhere I won't hesistate to report you.

I only ask one thing of you. If you post on the thread, please, please, please unattach your signature! If you check there's a box labelled Options beneath this preview/submit buttons, click the ticked attach a signature to unattach your sig, thank you c:
Last edited by cujo. on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cujo. » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:01 am

we're all losing our minds here
image (c) rightful owners, found on tumblr

haracter list
laylist
hapter one
hapter two
hapter three
Last edited by cujo. on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:21 am, edited 9 times in total.
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

character list

Postby cujo. » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:26 am

Hero's and Villians; cat and mouse

dogs

The New One
This dog is the new boy. The Mad One mutters constantly that he is the their saviour and the others have begun paying mild attention to him just to keep the Mad One happy. He hates the looks he feels on himself constantly and then looking up to find eyes slipping away from him. He reacts very badly to tests and beening handled from his stray past.

Blake | (♂) | australian shepherd

The Aggressive One
This dog is seven eights wolf. It is unknown how excaltly she came around to being in the Facility but there are plenty of rumours to support her arrival. She's a lean mean fighting machine and most generally just try to stay out of her way. Some call her bi-polar, she can go from calm to attack mode in a split second. She's basically numb to whatever test is thrown her way from everything which has been done before to her.

Jason | (♀) | ⅛ german shepherd ⅞ wolf

The Mad One
This dog hasn't excalty got all his marbles accounted for. No one's sure how he got to the Facility or if he was always a little 'tapped'. He was given his name from a character out of a book one of the scientists adored as a child. He's the one who's started all this hero bussiness. Most of the time the others just do what they can to keep him happy since they all have a slight soft spot for him.

Ratwiddle | (♂) | aidi

The Lady
This dog was once a show dog. She was bred with papers, a fine specimen of her breed. She was an agility dog as well as beauty. One day her mistress went out and she was stolen during that brief time. She was passed on cheaply to the Facility and is known for her stubborn, bossy attitude.

Jezebel | (♀) | Rough Collie

The Strong One
This dog owns the term 'brute strength'. He's a crossbreed of a Bernese Mountain Dog and who knows what else. He came from an acceidental litter too large for his breeder to handle so it ended up with a 'free puppy' sign outside the house. He's a loyal dog and most are terrifed of him in fear of his size, he is very protective of the innocent one and and views her as a little sister.

Brutus | (♂) | Bernese Mountain Dog mix |⚤ Pregnant One

The Innocent One
This dog is doe-eyed wonder of the group. She's beautiful and graceful, but oh so innocent. While not being the youngest overall she's definitely down there. It's hard not to have a soft spot for her, she doesn't even realise her beauty. She was born in Facility and has never gotten to experience the outside world.

Ridge | (♀) | ½ german shepherd ½ rhodesian ridgeback

The Immature One
This dog is a bigger pup than Youngest One. He is the brother to the Pregnant One is still an overly puppish, and often gets into trouble with the scientist but they also hold a soft spot for him. He is protective of his little sister, but most of the dogs tend to dislike him because of his trust with the humans. He doesn't seem to realise it though, and often taunts the other dogs to the point of attack.

Shep | (♂) | border collie mix

The Pregnant One
This dog is kept as a breeder. No one is sure of her purpose excatly, and everyone dreads the day they'll find out. She's still a very young and immature dog, indeed the Immature One is her brother. She was bred with the Strong One during her last heat and now is expecting her first litter. She's still very childish and innocent at times and the Strong One can barely contain his worry.

Jess | (♀) | border collie mix | ⚤ Strong One - expecting litter

The Translator
This dog is a cat. Like many here few are sure of how he came to be at the Facility, and his story changes everytime he's asked. One thing is clear, he's been around humans for almost all his life. He can often translate for the Others words they don't understand. He's let roam the building and the Others guess he belongs to a human. Most of the Others tend to like him, he's just one of those one-of-a-kinds.

Dusk | (♂) | cat - moggy

humans

The Cold Woman
This human is the boss. The rest of the Workers and Scientists respect her word. None of the dogs are sure of her job at the Facility, she gives nothing about herself away. Dark and beautiful, some of the male staff tend to stutter - to her great amusement - whenever she's near. She is cold and harsh, but seems to have a great soft spot for the Aggressive One.

Name unknown | (♀) | job unknown
Last edited by cujo. on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:24 am, edited 17 times in total.
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hero's soundtrack

Postby cujo. » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:41 am

we're all mad here

image (c) rightful owners, found on tumblr, songs (c) rightful owners
These songs are the inspiration for the story, chapters or charactrers.

Theme Songs
Jason
Numb ~ Linkin Park
Numb ~ Linkin Park - Instrumental
Last edited by cujo. on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

one | Blake

Postby cujo. » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:40 am

If looks could kill, he'd be long dead.
That was what Blake thought to himself as he lifted his eyes - one blue, one brown - to the owners of the staring pair. But they were gone and he couldn't place just who had been staring at him. There was too many to narrow it down to one single perpetrator and so with a sigh the dog lowered his head down between his paws to once again stare at the wall.
The glass had a shine off it, and his breath had fogged it up terribly but still the dog could make the grey-brick wall behind the glass. If he turned around however he would see the cages of the many other testing dogs he shared his 'home' with. Never once in his short life in the Facility as it was called had he not awoken to find eyes on him. At first they had been glances at the 'new one,' the one who could take just a little bit of testing time off you to being the rumour of the 'hero.' Blake wasn't sure of the name of the dog who had started the rumours but he had a feelin it it was something like Ratwiddle, named off some children's book one of the scientists had been fond of.
There were no eyes on him now, and for that he was grateful enough to let his tense mucles loose. He panted, his mismatched eyes drifting to the empty steel water bowl bolted close to the entrance of his 'kennel.' There wasn't even a drop left in it, and despite his thirst a feeling of dread arose in him at the thoughs of what may happpen the next time it was filled. His food bowl was just as empty, but the thoughts of food turned the young dog's stomach. He wondered if it was something which he had been given, some shot to make him not feel food until later in the day.
It seemed so long ago since Blake had fallen asleep at the foot of his dear Emily’s bed, tuckered out as a pup. She’d have nightmares and cry; so common her parents barely awoke. But she always had her Blake. The pup who wriggle his way under the blankets, pressing himself to her until he came out the other side where she’d hug him and cry into his fur as he licked away her tears until she giggled.
But then Emily began to have problems. She’d walk into things right in front of her, problems with her eyes with big long fancy words neither her nor Blake understood. But then one day, so suddenly, when Emily woke up and screamed. Unable to see; blind. Completely blind. Her parents had worried and before long a new dog was gotten for Emily. Centurion he was called, a large Newfoundland guide dog. While he and Centurion got along well her parents fretted over feeding two dogs, and so one night Blake had found himself being led to the jeep. Hours passed, his mistress’s father cried once. Just once shortly before their destination and he whispered ever so softly to the confused pup: “
I am so, so sorry. Stay, my good boy ... Stay.” And then he opened the door, Blake got out as usual to wait for him to get out and start their walk but the passenger door slammed to a close and sped off. He sat and waited, a good dog he stayed like had been requested of him. It had rained all that day but Blake could not be moved, car and after car splashing him with dirty water from puddles. He wasn’t sure when it clicked in, maybe it was when the cold and stillness made his joints sore and stiff or when his thirst made even the oily puddle-water look appealing did he realise they weren’t coming back for him. He realised he wasn’t going home.
And from that day on Blake was a stray, he lost all faith in mankind. But he never stopped caring for Emily, not even now. Wrong place, wrong time and he’d ended up with a catching pole around his neck and a one way trip to the Facility.
How fun, he thought to himself.
The sounds of footsteps, heavy and limping, brought him around from his thoughts. The dog twisted his head; crouching, lips raised in a snarl, but the Worker had already gone by. Not to far down the row of cages he could hear the angry, brutal barks of Jason. She was led by him, her back legs dragging as she threw everything against the Workers - for three more had also joined the first - and their catchpoles. But it was useless, and she was dragged away past his cage. Her choking, spluttering coughts echoed down the hall before there ws a soft click of a door being closed which was shortly followed by an almighty bang.
Blake rested his head on his paws, panting in fear, a single thought ringing like a bell in his head.
Would the maddness ever end?
Last edited by cujo. on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

two | Jason

Postby cujo. » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:49 am

Her world was black.
The pain was excruciating, enough to make a weaker dog's legs buckle beneath them. But Jason was not weak, nor was she any ordinary dog. The droplets burned her eyes, she could tell she was blinking her eyes but her world was blank. Black. If humans were half of what they used to be they would have smelt her fear-scent, but that was an involuntary reaction. For Jason was a beast who had been bred for testing, or at least it was all she could remember in her short life. Pain, pain and even more pain. She was deadly, brutal beast because of this. Through no fault of her own.
She was a proud beast; more wolf than dog. Indeed, almost all the dog had been breed out of her but there was still some. Feral, not tame like some of the pets brought into the Facility. The one's who were obident to the human monsters before their first tests.
She felt one place his hand on her shoulder, her head twisted; teeth snapping at the air in which had once occupied his hand. He mutter something quietly and it made Jason growl. She understood a great of the human language, but their mutters of long foreign words disturbed her. After all they were about her, would she die beacuse of this test? Some part of her wanted to die, most test subjects did. A crash made her turn as far as the cold, metal straps around her midsection would allow. Her eyes were sightless, flashes of deep purples giving the slight indictation to shapes in places.The smog from whatever had broken was vile, it burned her nose, throat and lungs so much it made her legs quiver. The Scientists were shouting, violent yelps she couldn't understand though her pain.
She stood still, rejecting her pain in a silent protest, her nostrils flared at the lime scent of the smog. A woman's voice, harsh and clipped, echoed around the room. Jason knew this woman. She demaned respect and was a cold as ice. Her words, which Jason missed, caused fumbling around her and the cutting metal was released from her. She dropped to her knees with a growl, the smog made her head swim. Two pairs of hands moved in quick succession to lift her from the cold metal treadmill-like machine which had held her strong frame. The two pairs handed her over the one pair; the woman. She smelt of vanilla and roses, Jason was like a ragdoll in her arms. The woman carried her out of the room, and the smells slowly forced back the still-strong smell of the fog. She was back in the kennel room, and before long in her own cage. Sight had returned to her slowly at some point and she stared at the woman.
Her black hair fell in waves down her back, her pale skin and blood red lips made her look like some freaky Snow White look alike. She wore a black labcoat, a matching midnight skirt suit and knee high boots. She reached forward with pianist fingers to run them through the wolf-dog's course coat fearlessly. "
What have them done to you then, my pretty girl?" she murmerd quitely. What does it look like? Jason thought darkly, but she could not even find the strength to raise her lips into a snarl and instead found herself drifting into an uneasy sleep. Her gaze still locked with the indecisive blue eyes of the Cold Woman.
Last edited by cujo. on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I never asked to be a hero

Postby Meredare » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:56 am

Hey... I noticed you haven't continued... Please continue ^^
Meredare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cujo. » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:48 pm

{Thank you for the comment, it is very much appreciated =3 Finished chapter two, it's still quite rough but over time they'll be redone and redone until I'm really happy with them.

~ Lou
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meredare » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:02 pm

It really good.