SILVER THREADS

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

What do think of the characters?

They are cute
60%
They are okay, I guess
10%
They are okay, but needs some work!
20%
They are so ugly :(
10%

Total votes : 10

SILVER THREADS

Postby rainy.txt » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:48 am

ImageImage

Silver Threads is set in a the Victorian time period in London, England. Pandora Alicia is a girl who lives in a large household in London. She has a special ability to see inside dreams, going to places called dream worlds (aka dream spaces, a space which you create in your mind). Dream worlds are never actually peaceful-some have chaos rumbling inside them. Pandora and her friends must go into the world of dreams to find the "mirror image", or else known as Lacie the wishing star, the forgotten and lost twin sister of the mysterious maiden Pandora always sees in her dreams.

Prologue
Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Posting is okay, but PLEASE remove signature when posting!
Last edited by rainy.txt on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 15 times in total.
rainy.txt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SILVER THREADS wip

Postby rainy.txt » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:06 am

Characters
All characters are COPYRIGHT TO ME:. Don't even try to steal them.

Lacie
Merely a reflection

I seem to be forgotten... Droven deep down into the darkness. A star that used to shine so bright?

Mithi
The lost kitten

Mithi will protect Pandora as long as Mithi lives!
(note: she only has cat ears when she appears in the dream world. In the real world she is just a normal girl.)

Pandora Alicia
One eyed butterfly

I might have only one eye, but I see the world clearly than you.

Bell
The wishing star

I can make your wishes come true, yet I cannot make my own come true.
(note: the girl on the RIGHT is Bell. Lacie is on the left. Bell's name is written above her head.)

WIP
Last edited by rainy.txt on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
under construction
rainy.txt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SILVER THREADS wip

Postby rainy.txt » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:11 am

Prologue
Awakening

Written in Lacie's POV

plop.
I opened my eyes, looking around. What is this place? I thought. The bigger question is, who am I? I don't seem to remember a thing.
I sat up, and noticed that I am floating above a small pond. Well, at least I think it is a pond. I look up. Darkness. I am surrounded by darkness. I tried to fly higher, maybe I can reach a opening of some sort... But I was held back.
I was held back by ribbons. Ribbons are all over me-my arms, my legs, everywhere. It seemed to be keeping my afloat. By then I just noticed I am holding something in my hand. A stuffed rabbit. It's very dirty, and the features seemed to be a bit blurred. I look down at the pond, staring at an odd reflection. Is there someone down there?
After a while of staring, I noticed it was just my own reflection. How stupid of me. I am a odd girl-beige hair, and mismatched eyes. One is a soft shade of blue, the other is an light shade of red. How odd. My right eye-the blue one, had a star in it. Its light yellow, but it seems a bit dull. I stared at my self. I still cannot remember a thing. Well, maybe except one thing. My name is Lacie.
Last edited by rainy.txt on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
under construction
rainy.txt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SILVER THREADS

Postby rainy.txt » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:18 am

Chapter 1
Mother and the pocket watch

Written in Pandora's POV

"Oh god oh god oh god." I mumbled, as a paced in my room. "If mother hears of this-I am so dead." I sat down on the window sill, and stared outside at the busy streets of London. I sighed. If only I did not take out my pocketwatch and play around with it. Now I lost it. What am I going to tell mother?
Knock Knock Knock
I turned to look at my beige colored door. “Who's there?" I asked. "Mrs. Cailin, Pandora." Mrs. Cailin said. "Come in." Ms. Cailin opened the door and stepped into my messy room. "My Pandora, what did you do to your room?" She said, hands on her hips. I sighed, and stared at my room. The pillows on my bed are thrown to the ground, the books on the shelves are placed randomly, a spilled set of tea on the floor... "I don't know." I replied simply. Mrs. Cailin sighed. "You'd better clean up your room before Mrs. Alicia comes home tonight." My eyes lit up at the mention of my mother. "mother is coming home today?" "yes." I jumped off my chair immediately. "I must clean my room-" and froze. "Oh dear." I said. "what's wrong?" "I lost the pocket watch." Mrs. Cailin stared at me, her glasses askew. "say that again." she said, closing her eyes. "I lost my pocket watch." I said slowly. "Pandora, you know how important that pocket watch is, don't you?" I nodded. "You know, that it is the only remains of your father?" She raised an eyebrow. I nodded again. "Find it." She said, and walked towards the door. Before leaving, she added, "Before 7 o'clock." And closed the door behind her.
I stared at the ticking clock. "I have two hours to find it..." I said, and face palmed myself. I took off my eyepatch-I only do it in private, since it is very embarassing, or"in-appropriate" in Mrs. Cailin's words-to do it in public. I opened that eye. I can't see anything, but it feels better to open it anyways. I stared at my room. "Better look for it first." I said, and started my search for the pocket watch
After an hour of searching, I still can't find it. I sat on my bed, defeated. Knock Knock Knock. "Who's there?" I called at the door, not even bothering to walk towards it. "Mrs. Cailin and Mithi." Mrs. Cailin said. "Come in." Mrs.Cailin came in with few candles and Mithi. Mithi jumped onto my bed and sat next to me. "It's getting dark." Mrs. Cailin said as she lit the candles. I nodded. "Mithi wanted to play with you." I stared at the young girl. She smiled at me. I smiled back. "I will call you once Mrs. Alicia arrives." Mrs. Cailin said, and walked out the door. Mithi made sure Mrs. Cailin is gone, before she handed my something. "Huh?" I said, and stared at it. Suddenly, it hit me-the pocket watch! "thank you Mithi! How did you find it?!" "I found it in the garden." She said, kicking her legs into the air. "It fell out of a window." I hugged her. "thank you!" I said. "Now, I just need to clean my room..."
After what seems like eternity, the room is clean. I sat on the couch. "phew! that was close!" I said. Mithi played with a ball on the floor. "Mother is going to arrive soon, but I just really... Want to sleep..." I murmured, and fell asleep.
Last edited by rainy.txt on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
under construction
rainy.txt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainy.txt » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 am

Chapter 2
Who's that maiden in the mist?

Written in Pandora's POV

I woke up in a dream world. This dream is odd... I thought, as I stood up. Its misty. I can't see much in front of me. I am basically trapped in mist.
After a while of waving my arms in the air like a lunatic trying to clear the mist, the mist cleared by itself. I looked around me. Its a meadow of some sort... A few trees and bushes here and there, but its a meadow for sure. The sky is navy blue, dotted with stars. Should be around 6: 30 right now... I thought. Wait, mom is coming back at 7. God, why did I even go to sleep? I mentally slapped myself 50 times. Wake up Pandora WAKE UP THIS INSTANT! I shouted in my brain. I squeezed my eyes shut, praying that I am awake. No use. I'm still here. I sighed.
"are you alright?"
I opened my eyes, and saw a girl floating in the air, staring at me, her head tilted slightly. "SQUEE!" I shrieked and fell backwards, inching away from her. "W-who are you?" I said in a shaky voice. She floated towards me, her face inches from mine. I studied her. She has mismatched eyes, and a small star in one of them. She also has soft beige colored hair and bow on her head. The odd thing about her is that she has this blank look in her eyes, and a ribbon floating around her. "I'm Bell." She said. "Bell the wishing star."
"Bell? I'm, um, Pandora." I said, and reached out a hand. She didn't shake it. I took it back awkwardly. "So uh, where am I?" Bell lifted her head, and stares at the sky. "My dream world." She said. "Or, in other words, my dream space." I got up, and studied her dream world. Its calm and peaceful, full of nature. But it is very silent-no birds chirping, no nothing. Only the sound of our breathing and the sound of the breeze. "Pandora?" She suddenly turned towards me. "Y-yes?" "Can you do a favor for me?" I raised an eyebrow. "A favor? What favor?" I asked. "Can you help me find my sister?"
I stared at her, my mind blank. "Huh? Your sister?" She nodded. "My sister. She's gone, I can't find her. Since that day..." "Which day?" "The day of the tragedy in Reimsing." "Reimsing? Where's that?" "Reimsing is-" Before she could've finished, however, I snapped awake. "Wake up, Pandora!" Mithi was shaking me. I grunted, and stretched, my neck aching from sleeping on the couch. "Your mother is here!"
under construction
rainy.txt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainy.txt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:34 am

Chapter 3
Re-union and Hopeless Feelings

Written in Pandora's POV

I quickly jumped off the couch. "Really?" "Yes." Mithi replied, un-enthusiastically. "Come on Mithi, act more enthusiastic! Mother is only back for a few days, once in a month, sometimes even longer. Don't you even miss her at all?" I asked. "No." Mithi replied flatly, and continued playing with the ball. I sighed. Mithi is an adopted child. I still remember that day...
It was a fine day, many years ago, I was reading in the study. Suddenly, Mrs. Cailin appeared at the door.
"Pandora! I've got a surprise for you!" She said. I looked up from my book. "Hmm?" Behind Mrs. Cailin's back was a small girl, she is wounded with scratches on her face and a bandage around her head. "My!" I said, and out down my book. "This girl is Mithi." Mrs. Cailin explained. "We found her in a tree in our backyard. Now, she will be your little sister!" Mithi stared at me, her eyes wide with fear. "Hi Mithi!" I said, a smile on my face. "My name is Pandora."

Years later, we are best friends forever. But Mithi never took a liking in mother. She never greets her. She rarely looks at her. For some reason, I have no idea.
I quickly dressed into cleaner clothes, and put on my eye patch. I slipped on a pair of shoes and walked towards Mithi, the pocket watch in my hand. "Come on Mithi! Lets go downstairs to greet mother!" Mithi just grunted, and stood up, trailing behind me as I lef the room.
I walked-well, we might as well say ran-down the stairs. "Mother!" I cried as I saw her, and flung myself at her for a hug. "My my Pandora, you sure have grown!" Mother said with a chuckle. I smiled at her. "And look at little Mithi, she sure is a cutie!" Mother tried to give Mithi a hug, but was rejected. She sighed, but quickly regained her usual happiness. Mother is a strong woman, but she is always very cheerful. "Pandora, have you seen Joel?" Just to mention-Joel is my brother. My twin brother, to be exact, but he is older than me. "I have no idea." I said with a shrug. No one really knows what Joel does each day, but usually he hangs around in the library, reading books. "We can ask Mrs. Cailin to find him." I offered. "Okay. Lets go have dinner first." Mother walks towards the dining room. "Come on Mithi!" I grabbed her hand and dragged her along.
We had a fine time at dinner. We talked about what mother did when she was away, and all the things that happened here at the mansion. Halfway through dinner, Mrs. Cailin managed to bring Joel to the table. But with a pile of books in his hands. We all laughed when he tried to read while eating. It was hilarious. "Joel, put that book down. Table manners." Mrs. Cailin said, and shook her head. Mother just chuckled. "Its fine. Let him read-knowledge is very important."
After dinner, we sat by the fire place and played board games. Mother and Joel had a game of chess, Mithi and I watched them play. Its always great when you have family by your side...

{Switching to Lacie's POV}

I felt a weak ray of light shining through the darkness. And I hear something too. Laughter, is that what it is? And talking. I listened to the sound, and I almost wanted to cry. I had no memory whatsoever, but these sounds-they are very familiar... These sounds can be called the sounds of a family, I guess? Something that I would never have. Ever.
I curled in the ball, and held the bunny close to my chest. I feel time ticking away, yet I am still locked in this darkness.
under construction
rainy.txt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me