The story of a broken memory

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

The story of a broken memory

Postby BlairNya! :3 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:20 am

(this is a book about a girl who has had a lot of miserable things happen in life. I am not sure if i should continue with this storyline so suggestions please?)

I never meant to hurt anyone. I just do things when I get mad. I don’t even know what I do. All I know is that when I get mad… people get hurt. It was May. I always hated May the most because it had three letters. Everything bad happens in threes.
“Kenai! Come on! I need to get to the apartment before Mom gets home!” Darian was always worrying. His Mom was mean to him and his little brother. “If I don’t get home before her… You know what will happen to Alex.” He looked down. I tried not to remember the time me and him got back from a party after his mom got home and found her trying to choke his 5 year-old brother. His mom was someone we tried not to get mad. He was the only one who ever kept her happy. I remember the first time I saw it. We had gone to the movies with a few friends. Remember him telling me we had to leave. Then him begging. We finally leave and I get to his house. He is crying and he runs from the car, me running after him saying I’m sorry but he ignored me and ran inside. I ran after him and I will never forget the view I saw, tried to stop seeing as he knew how much pain I had been through, my father abusing me and my mother until she died. When I saw that woman choking his brother I nearly snapped, every memory of my father flooded back, every pain I had felt I wanted that woman to feel, every misery I had suffered I wanted her to suffer. Then I remember waking up on his couch, his mother gone and his brother hugging me tightly, asleep. I never ask what he does or why he still lives with her but I am just glad that she never goes after me. Not for my own safety… but for hers. “Kenai… you okay?” I must have nodded off a little because I veer back into my lane and glance at him.
“Huh? What? Oh… yeah… I’m fine.” I glance at my hands and my knuckles have turned white against the steering wheel. I stare ahead and pull into his driveway. “Here we are.” I look around and don’t see another car. “She isn’t back yet. Do you want me to come in with you?” I look over at him. His black hair had been died every color imaginable and his bangs covered his eyes. He wore his black jacket over his Whitechapel band-tee. I had known Darian for as long as I could remember and for as long as I could remember we have been rebellious little devils. He shrugged and shoved the door open.
“I don’t care as long as you don’t break anything… again.” I snicker at the memory of when I came inside with him and when I left I had broken two lamps and a vase. He turned and glared at me, I molded my smirk into a calm neutral expression. “If you touch ANYTHING that isn’t mine I swear I will break all of your fingers… one by one.” He threatened.
I shrug. “I gotta give it to you… you really have brushed up on your threats.” I say, stepping out of the car and onto the dirt driveway. My black band tee hugged my frame and I was constantly adjusting it. My baggy jeans had every chain I owned hanging off of the various loops and buckles and they clinked as I walked, along with the clinking of the chains was the soft thudding of my combat boots hitting the stone sidewalk. The clanging of my various phone charms, along with my hair was dyed neon green and hot pink, at the moment, and hung loosely around my shoulders as my “emo” bangs covered my left eye. It covered my eye because it was the eye I was unable to see out of. I felt my pocket and heard the crumple of paper from the newspaper 13 years ago. I sighed with relief softly and he looked back at me.
“Still carrying that old piece of paper?” He asked with a soft tone. I was always amazed he could do that since his voice was typically so gruff. He held out his hand like he always did when he noticed what I was checking it. “Let me read it.” He said and as always I took it out and handed it to him. I don’t understand why it just felt right to give it to him. His voice echoed in my ears and his eyes stared right into mine. He took the piece of paper and read it over again. I don’t see why he does this but it is the same thing he does every time. He nodded and handed it back to me and gave me a knowing smile.
A smile that I knew would last in my brain forever and it would. I smiled back but a tear ran down my face knowing what was to come next, I wanted to change it this time but if I did I was afraid of what would become of it. I was afraid of the affects. I was afraid but I did it anyway. As I saw him begin to turn I knew I had but a moment to get him out of the way so I pounced on him and tackled him to the ground, feeling a piercing pain send a jolting shutter through my being I clung to Darian as if my life depended on it. He tried to get me off but I stayed there, clinging to his arm.
“What are you doing?! I can’t breathe! You are KILLING me!” He gasped and I let go. He got up and brushed off his shoulder
My original name was Midnightshadow. DONT STEAL IT OR I WILL HAUNT YOUUUUU

BlairNya! :3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me