Writing Pieces ||Free posting!||

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Postby Meredare » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:42 pm

Hello! I'm Meredare. It's a pleasure that you're reading this. I hope you enjoy what is below and on other pages. ^^

I'm going to be honest with you guys: Yes, I only made this to create one story BUT I know I'm going to need more writing practice and short stories and posting them here sounds like a great idea to me.
I have a goal now too! My goal is to post a writing piece everyday AND get better each post.
Please do not post your own writing pieces or URLs to your pieces unless I give permission to or I ask for it. <- Please ask for permission either through the PM system or on the most current page.

Grading Policy:
This policy has been recently upgraded so please view the policy again before submitting my grade because I want to know my actual grade.
Be honest when posting my grade because if you don't I don't improve and that's the whole point of this thread.
I do grade my own work, but you do not need to agree with my grade. If you do, I guess that's great?
You don't necessarily need to grade it on what I wrote after each smiley. You only have to grade about how high or low it is on this chart.
Also, I recommend either memorizing this chart or keeping it up in another tab because this is a really random chart. xD Sorry, I guess.

:ugeek: = Awesomest thing I have EVER read!!!!!!
:geek: = You could have improved but just a little but nothing could rival your writing!!!!!
8-) = I loved it but quite a few improvements could've be made!!!!
:idea: = Your idea was so great, that is gave ME a writing idea!!!
:clap: = Very good!!
:lol: = Great!
:D = Okay.
:) = Meh... Needs improvement.
:oops: = "It was just a little mistake. Nothing to be embarrassed over!"
:roll: = "Yeah, that mistake was horrible~." *sarcastic*
:/ = Needs a lot of improvement..
:o = Did you get off the wrong side of the ROOF this morning!?
:what: = What the...
:shock: = I don't understand....
:? = "Can you please explain to me this..... Are you feeling okay?"
:( = This isn't your best work by far......
:cry: = This is your WORST piece of work....... Please work on it!

Now below is telling what writing piece is on what page:
The titles that are underlined are mine. If they are not underlined then an author was granted permission to post an excerpt of a story of theirs.

On page 1: Why does the Moon disappear? | When the wind changed... So did my world | "Why?" | Murder... Love... This all made no sense... | Hopscotch | Lords and Mistresses | Not just a friend, Annabeth
On page 2: Pink Blanket | Bacon!!! | Friends in Hell | Flying~ | History of Pixies | Her Heart Was Locked Away | Moonlight Path
Last edited by Meredare on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:56 am, edited 10 times in total.
I am SO sorry for the long time I was off: The softball season started a while ago (We're currently undefeated!!!) and end of the year tests have been going on and craziness and everything else thrown into my small but wonderful little life.

My Stuff
Past Life ||Memory Erasal, Future, Love|| Story
Collaboration Story (Accepting! PLEASE join!)

Music: Owl City, He Is We, Sky Sailing, Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flats. (Do you like these artists? What artists do you like?)
Anime: Almost Anything (Currently Beach/One Piece/Fairy Tail/Fullmetal Alchemist/Pandora Hearts)
Books: Finishing up "Vampire Academy" series by Richelle Mead. (I recommend other people read this series: It is NOT a cheesy vampire story.)
Meredare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Why does the moon disappear?

Postby Meredare » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Folktale: Why does the moon disappear?

Before humans existed. Before dinosaurs existed. Before dinosaurs were even thought off, there were four things that had the closest relationship: Earth, Sun, Moon, and Space.
The Earth was the one that usually was the neutral one that stopped fights between the Sun and the Moon. The Sun was the "popular" one and lived in light. The Moon was a helpful one, but he didn't appreciate the Sun as much as he should have especially since back then, he was a full moon every day. The Space usually didn't bother with them at all because Space didn't want the trouble of stopping them for eternity or more.
One time billions of years ago, the Sun was doing his usual, bragging about how sunny the Sun was and they weren't; being the only one in the Solar System that shone so bright. The Moon was tired of it so he stormed off.
The Moon met up with Space. The Space, however, wanted nothing to do with the Sun's and the Moon's quarrels so the Space ignored the Moon.
The Moon tried his best to avoid the Sun, resulting in the Moon's revolution to be slightly off every rotation. The Earth really didn't want to get into this, so the Moon went back to the Space.
"Oh, my greatest request!" The Moon was in the middle of his daily begging to the Space. "The Space, please do this one thing for me!"
"I do not wish to grant your request." The Space said simply and precise.
The Moon was desperate. "I'll cut a deal with you then!" The Moon added. "You're exhausted of the Sun's endless bragging aren't you!?"
The Space said, "I am under no obligation to tell you." even though the moment the Moon mentioned a deal, the Space suddenly got interested.
The Moon somehow got a deal out of the Space.
The benefit came soon enough. It was a normal increment of time to these bodies when Moon came on time revolving around the Earth. The Earth sensed something was different, but couldn't tell what, not did the Earth say anything; especially not to the Sun.
The Sun was already talking about itself none stop. "I am so bright, bright, bright. No one can shine brighter than I. I am the shiniest!" The Moon approached the Sun with no regret.
When the Moon was perfectly aligned with the Sun and the Earth, something amazing happened. The Space stretched over the Moon, so the Earth didn't see anything. Just a few Earth days later, the Moon slowly started to appear again; a crescent, half-way, a gibbous; before turning back to normal: a bright full moon.
The very moment the Moon became full again, the Moon went off to the Space to sign off on the agreement. The agreement was that everytime the Moon got closer to the Sun, the Space would take over a little at a time- at least to the Earth's view- therefore being more appreciated and then when the Moon got farther away from the Sun, he would appear once again.

(I'll tell you my grade when I get it!)
My sorry grade for this is between :o and :what: at least to me it is. I don't know if I want to go back and fix it; that's how sad it is.
Last edited by Meredare on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am SO sorry for the long time I was off: The softball season started a while ago (We're currently undefeated!!!) and end of the year tests have been going on and craziness and everything else thrown into my small but wonderful little life.

My Stuff

Music: Owl City, He Is We, Sky Sailing, Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flats. (Do you like these artists? What artists do you like?)
Anime: Almost Anything (Currently Beach/One Piece/Fairy Tail/Fullmetal Alchemist/Pandora Hearts)
Books: Finishing up "Vampire Academy" series by Richelle Mead. (I recommend other people read this series: It is NOT a cheesy vampire story.)
Meredare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Writing Peices ||Free posting!||

Postby Princess Finaqua » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:46 am

:) I realize that you said you have already turned it in, but if you like I could edit it for you and improve it a bit, maybe ask your teacher if you could turn in a revised version. Some will allow you to do so. I have a bit of experience in beta-reading and have greatly improved some very, very bad writing. This isn't awful but I will suggest that if you wish your writing to improve then read A LOT of novels. Divergent was a great one that I recently read and the Left Behind series is incredibly. Some parts have made me forget to breathe as I worried about certain characters and the cliff-hangers leave a reader begging for more. I'm telling you this because I have noted that in your signature you ask for suggestions. Thank you for reading all that I have written and I hope that you consider my advice. Have a great day!
The girl you just called fat?... She is overdosing on diet pills. The girl you just called ugly?... She spends hours putting makeup on hoping people will like her. The boy you just tripped?... He is abused enough at home. That guy you just made fun of for crying?... His mother is dying. Put this in your signature if you're against bullying. I bet 95% of you won't re-post, but I'm sure the people with heart and backbone will. This is the signature of someone who has, more than once, attempted suicide as a result of being abused everywhere she went. Bullies murder. Don't stoop that low.

Somewhere, everywhere, there's pain where'er I go. I thought life couldn't get any worse but wait - I just hit a new low. Why do I have to hurt so much, why the need to cry? All the ways people treat me, I just want to die. What's the point of asking why, anymore? All people do is lie.

"I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing With a broken heart that's still beating." Broken by Lifehouse.
Image[/url]
Princess Finaqua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reply to Princess Finaqua's comment

Postby Meredare » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Thanks. And sorry I wasn't on yesterday... I kinda took a nap that lasted through the night o.O and I have school so yeah...
And thanks for commenting. I would ask to rewrite it, but that was for my SCIENCE teacher anyway, so I don't think it mattered much. In fact, I wish I could edit it. xD Haven't got my gotten my grade yet...
(But a MUCH WORSE story was put up and it got a 100 so I THINK I'm good xD)
Last edited by Meredare on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Stuff

Meredare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

When the wind changed... So did my world...

Postby Meredare » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Haven't been on in a while, but we'll see where this leads.

"Run..." The rasped voice made out, barely audible. Energy surged through the voice with each attempt. "Run. Run! RUN AWAY, Raini! RAINI, RUN!!!!!" That's my first memory. Me running away; running away from the family, friends,.... home, and everything else I held dear.
The image of my older sister pushing me out the door. Even though moments later, the house blew up in flames. Something I wish I could delete from history, the bloody image of my father, spitting out blood and shouting at me to run despite his injuries... despite that it wasn't my life that was about to end...

I lived on our old farm after this. All alone besides the animals.
But when the wind changed...
The wind blew through my long golden hair. I wiped my forehead and took the scrunchie off my arm to put up my hair. I was putting clothes up on the clothes line. I looked up into the sunny day. "Looks like you'll have no problem drying them today." I smiled at the clothes line that was now full.
So did my world...
"Beep! Beep!" came from the front of the house.
I started a slow jog to the sound. "Coming!"
I reached the front quickly enough, wondering the whole time over who would come to see me, especially today: Sunday.

A guy was leaning against his car by the time I finally arrived. "Hey!" He called over to me. "You're Raini, right? Raini Wilds, the only survivor of the rebel massacre?"
"Yeah, I guess." I responded, still walking over. Forcing to keep my voice straight as I recovered from cringing at his last two words.
"Great. I'm writing an article in the newspaper and I wanted to do it on..." He stretched his word out as if waiting for me to guess. "you!"
I looked away, pretending to be blinded by the sun when of course he just asked me if I wanted to see my nightmare in real life. Telling the world about my story...

I looked back at him and realized it was about my age- maybe a little older. Maybe the sun had been affecting my vision. He wasn't even wearing a suit. He looked more relaxed in loose shorts and a red muscle shirt- looked comfortable in this heat.

Well, I don't know exactly were I was going with this, but if this turn into a story: the main character would develop a crush on the dude. Been obsessed with romantic pieces so I've been trying to create my own...
My first grade on this is: :oops: I will go back and edit it when time is available and most likely bring it up to a :) afterwards.
Last edited by Meredare on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

My Stuff

Meredare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

"Why?"

Postby Meredare » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Created this in spare time. Hope you like it. This is a treat because I forgot to post for a while.
Not the best at poetry. But *shrugs* why not give it a try?
*Like my other pieces, I will try to edit more, when I have a clear mind such as a day from now and try to add to it. As well as add a new writing piece: I'll try to post a new piece each day. Yay, goals!

"Why?"

The rain fell
fast but hard.
On this lonely night
we were but one.
"Why?"
The only question I could ask.
"Why?"
The only thing
echoing in my mind.
The rain fell,
pouring off my face.
You must give,
in order to gain.
Equal.
So equal.
Yet, is it really fair?
You give your heart,
only to gain nothing
but break.

I believe I got a :oops: on this MAYBE a :) but most likely the first one.
Last edited by Meredare on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

My Stuff

Meredare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Murder... Love... This all made no sense...

Postby Meredare » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:33 pm

"But he's..." A feminine voice was talking. Well, not talking exactly. She was frantic and cautious like being told to do something wrong. "a... a... murderer!" She put energy into the last word, causing it only to cling in the air.
Another, different feminine voice responded, cool and sure. "But does that change who he is!?"
"N..no. At least is shouldn't." The first voice was now noticeably shaking. "But how can you be sure... that he still loves me!?!?"
"Only seeing him can prove that, inside your heart." The second voice responded yet again. "Everyone has their reasons..."

I stood there, my feet planted to the hard cement below me. My mind couldn't comprehend what I just overheard. Through my worry, I couldn't hear anything else. Murder... Love... This all made no sense.....
I should've ran. I should've left what wasn't mine alone... But I didn't. That was one of the moments that caused me to be not what I had in mind when I was older. One conversation that I overheard changed my life...
The ruthless sun beat its rays down on me causing only discomfort. My blue eyes stared at the ground while my blond hair blew in the non-cooling wind. Sweat drops appeared on my face and neck.
The only thing that stopped my roll of thoughts was the slam of a door swinging open and hitting the wall outside. I realized then that the conversation really did end. One girl stormed out and looked like she had just been in a fight. She saw me and immediately grabbed for my white button-down shirt's collar. "What are you doing, girl!?"
The other girl then ran out of the building at this and raised her voice to slightly under a yell. "Stop it!" She shrunk to her knees. "I don't want anything to do with more violence..."
"It's okay." Her hold released and she quickly went to comfort her friend. "I'm right here." The girl looked up with passion in her golden brown eyes. "What are we going to do? She knows too much."
"I, uh, didn't hear much..." I mumbled out a sorry excuse of a life saver.
The girl that fell to her knees looked up. "No. It's okay. You'll just have to come with us..."
My adventure began that day. An adventure that first seemed very hostile. An adventure that caused me to wonder what true friendship was...

So, I don't know what is up with this one. This one, if turned into a complete story, would be about the main female character which would go on a journey with these two girls, eventually befriending them and finding out about love and their history with a murderer. I, of course, would also add in some crazy factor that the main character was born a humanoid, not full human and having weird attributes and not understanding complete human emotions.
I think my grade on this is a :roll: or a :/ .
Last edited by Meredare on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Stuff

Meredare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hopscotch

Postby Meredare » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:39 pm

"One!"
"Two!" I call out the numbers with each hop, but then abruptly stop on one foot.
A young boy, seemingly about my age but noticeably younger, races around the corner of the nearby red-bricked building. "How dare you!" The boy was full of rage.
I smile a crooked smile at the boy. "Ah, Joshua. It seems you found my present." I turn away. "Three! Four!" I hop again. "Five!" My black dress was rimmed in lace and had a big pink bow near the chest area.
"That was no present!" Joshua screams. "You killed my sister!!" His sister. His lovely sister, Rosemarie. She always wore the brightest pink dresses and smiled with the biggest smiles.
"Oh, but you mistake it." I turn my head and smile at him. "I put you out of your misery. Your sister was getting all the attention." He looks at me with distrust in his eyes, and I know he knows where I'm going. "You said, "That Rosemarie, I... I feel like killing her!" " I feint a scared little child's voice when I quote him.
His eyes widen. "N...no! I never said that!!"
"Or did you...?" My smile twists into something more sinister and evil. I turn and hop. "Six." Hop. "Seven. Eight."
Joshua holds his head in his hands while he stares at the cement. "N...n...no!"
"Nine!" I yell. I then whisper. "You better run~." I hop. In a louder voice I shout. "Ten! Ready or not here I come!"
Joshua flinches, but then realizes he has no chance to escape. "Libbi!"
I walk away. Blood coats the front of my dress. Joshua lays on the cement; blood draining from his head. My hand clutches a knife that glitters in the sunlight dripping with blood.

Yes, this is in the point of view of a murderer. Actually, I didn't know the main character was going to be a murderer but I got to go with the flow of my writing. First time writing in the view of a murderer which is good practice for me. Also first time doing it in this sense of tense. I usually use past tense, so hope you like this vicious murderer.
Note: The main character's full name, Libitina, meaning is a roman myth name of a goddess of corpses, funerals, and the dead. Her name was synonymous with the word "death."
My grade on this: Um... I think this is pretty good, but I will go back and edit some. I think I got a.... :lol: unless that is crediting myself too much. Or maybe it's a... :D It's more up to the readers about what the grade is.

My Stuff

Meredare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lords and Mistresses

Postby Meredare » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:10 pm

"Lord! You need to stop and get dressed for the ceremony!" I chastised the young blond-haired lad running down the hall. He made a quick turn. "My lord!" I stopped for a moment, gasping for breath, before continuing the chase of the young lord.
My skirted dress tried to dance everywhere, including under my feet so I held up as much as I could with my hands. Today wasn't the day that I could waste time with my dresses; today was the day of Lord Thomas' taking of the throne.
After a little while longer, the blonde stopped and turned around only to stick his tongue out at me. "I'm Jonathon!" He yelled.
This realization only caused me to worry more. Jonathon and Thomas were twins. Thomas was born a few seconds before Jonathon so therefore called the older one. That didn't change the fact that they looked the same! The only difference was that Thomas had just a few centimeters on Jonathon- a thing that caused several times of teasing. "Wh-where is Lord Thomas!?" The only reply was that the youngest putting a finger to his lips and running away.
Hours of worrying later, I check his room. Sure enough, Thomas is almost completely in his ceremony gown and was finishing up. "Mistress Melanie! Are you okay?"
"Y-yeah." I nodded like a maniac, crazy with relief, even though the improperness of it was embarrassing if anyone else saw. "I- I couldn't find you! I looked everywhere!"
He looked at me with those bright jade eyes that said that everything would be okay. There were times like this that I knew that Lord Thomas was the one worthy of the throne, so mature and sturdy, practically an adult despite his young age. At those times, he made me completely forget that his parents were brutally murdered right in front of him and he would always carry the weight of being to young and too small to do something- anything to save his parents.

My Stuff

Meredare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Not JUST a friend, Annabeth

Postby Meredare » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:16 pm

Sorry for the wait...

He opened the crumpled up ball of paper and was surprised at what he read.
"Dear John,"
His heart skipped a beat at his name.
"I wish to indite my feelings towards you. I feel flustered when I'm around you and cannot find my proper speech. I do not know what I wish to accomplish by writing this letter besides to get you to simply notice me. My heart is beating so fast while just writing this. I almost think it will fly out of my chest.
Not just a friend,
Annabeth"

He almost dropped the paper. He... he knew an Annabeth. He more than knew her; they were best friends. She even sits across from him in English class- which she excelled at. He didn't know what he should do because his brain did a power shut down on him.
Then Annabeth walked over, carrying loose papers in one hand. John tried his best to shove the paper into his pocket, but Annabeth caught the movement. Guilty was the verdict, caught red-handed. "Whatcha' got there, John?"
John pulled out the paper, reluctantly and handed it to Annabeth. With a tinge of pink on his cheeks, he added, "I, uh, believe this belongs to you..."
Her cheeks grew hot, so she looked away, afraid they would betray her worse than the stupid trashcan. "So..." She looked back at John with a fierce determination in them. "What are you going to do about it?"
"Huh?"
Annabeth examined his blue eyes and black hair. "I mean, you owe me!"
"Oh..." She noticed the guilt flood in to his features. "Um, what do you want then...?"
"I want..." She knew what she wanted but didn't know how to say it, so she looked down at the traitorous trashcan just staring at it and working up the guts... She then looked up at him. One second later, she dove for a quick kiss; one she did so quickly her mind couldn't second guess her decision.
Annabeth was the one that broke the kiss off, and she was far from sad. In fact, she was so overjoyed, she practically leapt to the door. She only paused to wiggle her fingers as a wave to John before quickly speeding off to her next class.
John was completely and utterly confused by what happened, but when he noticed his English teacher smiling at him, he couldn't help himself but blush. That action only caused the teacher's smile to widen.
He walked out in to the hallway before asking himself. "But what did she want!?"

Romance, yes just as I told you guys. I added a little because I edited as I typed it up. The last paragraph was one of the additions added for humor purposes.
Also, I may end up delaying a few more for a while because tests have been coming up at school... But I PROMISE that I will write something everyday and post it when I have the time. ^^

My Stuff

Meredare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me