Life as Pixies })i({ A Tinkerbell Fan Fic

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Life as Pixies })i({ A Tinkerbell Fan Fic

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:40 pm

This is a Tinkerbell fan fiction, I guess. It traces the history of pixies, which is just another name for fairies and sparrow men.

My Rules:
*Be respectful. I don't mind constructive criticism, but if you are just going to say you didn't like my story or you hate Tinkerbell then you can leave it out of here.
*Don't hesitate to point out punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors. I don't mind be corrected if its done nicely.
*Feel free to post ideas and advice. I will take it all into consideration when I write other stories or add to this one.
*Only post about this story in this thread. You can comment on my other stories in their respective threads. They are checked multiple times a day.
*Follow all of my rules. They are not asking you to build a mountain out of pebbles, just asking you to be respectful.

Thank you.

Contents:
First Post: introduction, rules and contents. (you are here)
Second Post: Characters
Third Post: Pixie History
Fourth Post: Types of Pixies
Fifth Post: Prologue
Sixth Post: Chapter 1
Seventh Post: Chapter 2
Eight Post: Chapter 3
Ninth Post: Chapter 4
Tenth Post: Chapter 5
Comments are not permitted at this time.
Comments are allowed and encouraged as long as they follow my rules.
Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:14 pm, edited 9 times in total.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

The Pumpkin Queen | ∑a∂ µa††er | DolphinGirl4Ever
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Life as Pixies

Characters:

Queen Aida: Leader of the pixies, garden element, mother of Prince Kenneth. She wears a shimmering white gown with a golden crown and has golden wings that look like a butterfly's wings. Her hair is golden, turning pink as it flows down her back.
Prince Kenneth: Fire element, married to Diondra, father of Kiran. He wears a red tunic and red pants. He has a yellow vest and yellow shoes to show the element of his son,which is light. His hair is a dark red with dark blue bangs and he has red wings.
Princess Diondra: Water element, married to Prince Kenneth, mother of Kiran. She wears a light blue dress that gradually turns yellow to symbolize the marriage between her and Prince Kenneth. Her hair is light yellow and becomes a frosty white at the bottom. She has a frosty blue tiara and light blue wings.
Kiran: Son of Princess Diondra and Prince Kenneth. Light element. He has dark red hair like his father and sleeps in a golden cradle, with a golden leaf blanket. This shows he is royal, as well as a light element.
Akitla: Diondra's sister, a snow pixie, mother of Dylan. She wears a snow white dress with light gray fringe and a light blue snowflake belt. She has very light blonde hair that slowly fades to white.
Cole: A collier pixie, he wears gray pants and a gray shirt with a dark brown apron when working around his fires. He is married to Akitla and is the father of Dylan.
Dylan: Son of Cole and Akitla, he is a young water pixie with frosty white hair. He sleeps in a white cradle with a light blue leaf blanket because he is a water pixie born of snow.
Aella: Mother of Diondra and Akitla. She is an air pixie. She wears a white dress and a light gold shawl aroung her shoulders. She has blonde hair that is turning gray and glasses. Her wings are the classic white.
Fira: A fire pixie who often works with prince Kenneth. She wears a dark pink shirt and skirt, with dark pink boots and even darker pink gloves to match. She has red hair that gets a little darker near the ends. Her wings are dark pink.
Rian: one of the most powerful mermaids, she was the previous kings daughter and rightful heir to the throne. She does not flaunt her riches because she thinks it makes her seem stuck-up. She has a sea-green tail and light blue swirling tattoos on her arms and belly button. Her hair is ginger, and her eyes a bright blue. The only jewelry she wears is a white tiara and a glove with shells on it. Her best friend is a seahorse.
Nerva: the evil sea witch that took over the depths where mermaids live. She has seaweed green tentacles for hair. Her tail is black and scaly with red spots and hideous red fins. She has glowing red eyes with no soul that search only for power. She forces people to do her will with lightning that she can control. she despises pixies
Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 12 times in total.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

History of Pixies:

There were originally four elemental pixies. Fire, water, earth, and air. From those original pixies came light, garden, snow and wind pixies. Now, there are many types of pixies, all descended from the four different pixies that originally existed. Each has special powers that usually involves something in nature.

Back in the time of the four elemental pixies, there was great conflict. They all wanted to be the leader. Each went their separate ways to opposite sides of a place called Neverland. These are the elements' stories.

Water watched over the Winter Woods. The air was too cold for her to make dew drops, so she made snowflakes instead. This is how snow was created, and snow pixies were instructed. Every once and a while, a water pixie would be sent to the winter woods to learn how to make frost and snow.

Fire went to Summer Glade. He made it very warm, but there was not a specific source for the warmth to come from, so he made a ball of fire and threw it into the sky. It became the sun, and from its rays came small particles of dust that formed into pixies. They had the ability to move light from the sun and create warmth in the coldest of places.

Earth found her way to Springtime Orchard. There were many amazing plants growing from the soil. Seeds fell from these plants and lay all over the ground. They were all being eaten by animals and not growing into more flowers. Earth saw this and was devastated. She dug holes in the soil and placed a single seed in each. From these seeds grew garden pixies. They repeated Earth's process until the Orchard was filled with beautiful flowers once again.

Air somehow found a place called Autumn Forest. It was very quiet, and Air liked noise. He used his abilities to bend the air so it rustled the leaves of all the trees. A few leaves fell down and turned into wind pixies. They used currents of air to create wind and sound among the leaves, which pleased Air.

Each element wanted to boast to the others about their accomplishments, so they met at a great tree in the middle of Neverland. It produced a bright dust that helped them fly faster, so they called it Pixie Dust, and, respectively, the tree was called the Pixie Dust Tree. When all the pixies got together and saw what the others had 'created', they wanted to see what they could do if they worked together.

Fire and Earth created collier pixies by an amazing process. When Fire heated the soil, it hardened into metal. Earth then formed figures out of this metal when it was softened slightly by Fire. The figures turned into pixies, and started to heat the soil with fire and formed many useful things with the metal they created.

Water and Air made theater and literature pixies by weaving grass into sheets, then marking it with berry juice. Their markings were strange and resembled themselves in an abstract way. These drawings turned into the first literature and theater pixies. The literature pixie would write a story, and the theater pixie acted it out.

But they still needed a pixie to watch over the animals. All the pixies gathered at the Pixie Dust Tree, and discussed this issue. They pondered what to do about the animals. Since they could not figure out what to do, they flew to Springtime Orchard to observe the animals' behavior. Some animals lost a bit of fur to brambles, and some young birds' downy feathers floated from nests in the trees.. This fur and these feathers were collected and used to build a sculpture out of twigs and berries that some pixies were building for fun. When they were added, a pixie appeared. This pixie flew over to a baby bird that was trying to fly, and taught it how in an instant. Then she gathered a couple acorns from the high branches of a tree and gave them to a baby squirrel waking up from a nap.

They had done it! They had created pixies to watch over plants, animals and weather. With this, the elements flew back to the Pixie Dust Tree and divided their duties among the seasons. Air went back to Autumn Forest to watch the wind pixies. Earth went to Springtime Orchard to help the garden pixies with the flowers. Fire went back to Summer Glade to help the light fairies monitor the heat the sun was producing. And finally, Water went back to the Winter Woods to train the snow fairies.
Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:12 am, edited 9 times in total.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Types of Pixies:

Fire Pixies - control fire and heat
Water Pixies - responsible for dew, rain and helping make rainbows
Earth Pixies - create rocks by compressing soil. they could also preserve bones and turn them into fossils
Air Pixies - monitor the air conditions, made easier by collier pixies with and invention though many still choose to monitor air conditions the traditional way
Garden Pixies - grow plants and paint flowers
Animal Pixies - can talk to animals. they paint insects like butterflies and ladybugs. they feed animals after hibernation
Snow Pixies - they create frost and snowflakes for winter
Wind Pixies - control wind direction and can create wind with a wave of their hand
Light Pixies - control all form of light, dimming and brightening it. they can also make rainbows with the aid of water pixies
Collier Pixies - can make almost anything out of metal
Literature Pixies - write books for other fairies to read and enjoy
Theater Pixies - they perform plays once a season for the other pixies to show off their talents
Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Some people call them fairies,which is actually very accurate. The definition of fairy is a small imaginary being of human form with magical powers. Pixies are tiny and look like humans. They have magical powers, but are not imaginary. The reason people say they are imaginary is because they do not let themselves be seen. Have you ever wondered why fairies use a magic powder called pixie dust? Its because they are really pixies, but people see them as fairies because they do not think they exist and are imaginary.

The life of a pixie is not unlike your own. They go to school to learn how to use their powers just like we learn the powers of writing. They create things from almost nowhere. Rainbows are an example. Whenever you see one, pixies are not very far away. Two pixies work together to make each rainbow.

Think of the season pixies as teams. Each one has a job to do, but only together can they make the seasons beautiful. This involves teamwork, which is taught to all pixies while they are in school through group activities. These activities vary between the pixies, but have the same basic idea. For example, garden pixies have to grow gardens. They must work together to create a beautiful garden by discussing which flowers to include and growing them together. Light and water pixies have to learn to create rainbows by making rain from a stream and moving light to catch in the raindrops.

So, pixies are not unlike you and me. They must learn teamwork and how to use their powers, while we must learn how to use the power of writing to create magical places like pixie gardens.
Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 1

It was an unusually stormy night in Pixie Hollow. Queen Aida was very worried about the weather conditions. There were never storms in Pixie Hollow. Not even when the elemental pixies had been in conflict had there been such great anger in the weather. She had sent air pixies to monitor changes in atmospheric pressure. What could be causing this? she thought.

Just then, her son burst into the throne room. "What is it Kenneth?" she asked with concern in her voice. Her son seem flustered.

"The air pixies are reporting that the pressure readings are normal. What could this mean mother?"

"I don't know, Kenneth. I simply don't know." She thought for a moment, then asked, "What about Diondra? Could she help us?"

"She might be able to. I will fetch her. If I am swift and careful we can be back here in no time."

"Remember to take an umbrella with you. This storm will severely damage your wings if they get wet. The raindrops are five times the normal size of a Pixie Hollow rain."

"Of course mother," he said, flying out of the room.

I hope Diondra can help us, thought the queen. She is our last hope of understanding this storm

Meanwhile, Diondra was caring for Kiran. She was startled slightly, but prepared when Prince Kenneth knocked on her door. "Hello Kenneth," she said.

"Hello Diondra," replied the prince. "Do you know why I'm here?"

"Let me guess," she said as she sat on a stool by Kiran. "Your mother wants to see if I know anything about this storm."

"Right, as usual."

"Well, its unlike anything I've ever seen, for starters. No water pixie could have created this. Even if we all joined together this would be practically impossible."

"Hmm," murmured Kenneth as he picked up his son. "Do you have any idea how we can stop it? Pixies could get hurt, especially if their wings get wet. I haven't seen many out, but eventually they will have to get back to preparing for the seasons."

"We need to figure out what's causing this before we can try to stop it. What have the air pixies found out?"

"The air pressure is normal. This storm has to be magical if the air pressure isn't changing, right?"

"Yes," Diondra paused as she thought for a moment. "A storm of this size would have to have been caused by a very powerful, magical creature. Mermaids come to mind, though we are great friends with them and they would never harm us."

"I heard that the mermaids have a new ruler who hates pixies. Maybe they are doing this because they are forced to."

"We should discuss this with your mother. She would know whether or not the mermaids have fallen under new power."

"I agree," said Kenneth as he handed his son to Diondra. "We should go right now."

Diondra wrapped up Kiran to keep him warm, then she and Kenneth flew to the Pixie Dust Tree where they met the Queen. She was in the throne room, watching the storm. Approaching quietly so they didn't startle her, Prince Kenneth and Princess Diondra entered the throne room with Kiran. She seemed lost in thought, so Kenneth was whispering when he said, "Mother, we have a question to ask you."

"Yes, what is it?"

"Do the mermaids have a new leader?" asked Diondra.

"I believe so, why?"

"Mermaids are the only beings powerful enough to create a storm this ferocious."

"But they would never hurt us," put in Kenneth, "so we think the new leader is forcing them to do this in an attempt to harm us."

"Who would be so evil that they would harm a friend?"

"Someone who doesn't like us. It is rumored that the new leader despises pixies."

"That actually makes a lot of sense. Thank you for your input. Now, the only question is: How do we stop the storm?"

Diondra spoke once more. "With the help of air pixies, I think I could create some bubbles for a few water pixies to use."

"What could they possibly do to stop a storm?" asked Kenneth. He was genuinely curious now. "Surely you don't mean..."

"Yes, that is exactly what I mean."

"But it isn't proven. How would we test it?" now the queen was certain where this was heading, and she didn't like it.

"If it is done right, the bubble will trap air and allow the pixies to swim to the depths where mermaids dwell without getting their wings wet."

"Who would be willing to take such a risk?"

"If no one volunteers, I will gladly step up and go to the depths to convince the leader of the mermaids to stop the storm."

"Diondra, you can't do that!" exclaimed Kenneth. "What would happen to Kiran and I if something happened to you?"

"My sister would be able to watch Kiran. He and Dylan get along very well. You know that, Kenneth. And besides, we can't be sure it will even work. Many tests will be performed on an empty bubble to make sure it is safe for pixies before any action is taken."

"I think we should at least try," said the queen, who had been silent during their short dispute.

"But mother, surely it is dangerous?"

"Of course it is, my dear, but sometimes things need to be done that aren't entirely safe."

"Yes, but we can recruit some other water pixie, can't we?"

Ignoring her son, the queen turned to Diondra. "Diondra," she said, "I give you permission to attempt to create a water-proof bubble for pixies to travel under the sea with. But if you are unsuccessful, we will have to find another way to try stop this storm. Is that understood?"

"Of course. I will find my mother and have her help me with this project. We will keep it quiet until absolutely necessary."

"Thank you. And Kenneth,"

"Yes mother?"

"Will you help Diondra and her mother as well? I can find another fire pixie to aid the collier pixies during your absence."

"Of course. Might I suggest Fira? She is a trustworthy pixie and has helped me many a time with the fires of colliers."

"As soon as you have left, I will call her in and see if she is up to the task. Now you must go and ready the plans for your adventure."

With that, Kenneth and Diondra stepped out of the throne room and started to leave. Kenneth stopped Diondra before the pixie dust falls, and pecked her on the cheek. "What was that for?" she asked teasingly.

"Just to tell you I love you."
Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:51 am

Chapter 2

Diondra and Kenneth flew to Aella's house. As they were flying, they passed Fira on her way to the Pixie Dust Tree. Knowing why she was being called there, they simply said hello and continued on their way. "I hope your mother thinks she will be able to take over for you for a short while." said Diondra

"I hope so too. She is a good pixie, and knows exactly how the colliers pixies that I work with like their fires."

Aella lived on the border between the Winter Woods and Autumn Forest. In the pouring rain, it was a somewhat long flight. What would have taken them maybe ten minutes on a bright sunny day had taken them closer to a half hour. The wind was getting stronger, and the rain was falling harder. They constantly tried to dodge raindrops, which was very difficult because they were everywhere.

At one point, Diondra handed Kiran to Kenneth in hopes that she might be able to clear a path in front of them through the rain. Her efforts were fruitless, so she took Kiran back and sighed. They had stopped in the branches of a tree to rest for a while. "This is going to take forever."

"I agree. It is getting late, but if we start flying again soon we should be at your mother's in no time." said Kenneth.

"I have been meaning to see her and just haven't had the time. Now I wish it were under different circumstances."

"Me too, but we have to do this. If we don't stop the storm soon all the seasonal preparations will be lost."

"Maybe we should also get my sister Akitla involved in this project. She may be able to help us create a stronger bubble, and she can watch Kiran while we're working."

"We'll see. But first, let's get to your mother's so we can get Kiran out of the cold."

"We should be going then. It will be getting darker soon, and I don't want to get lost."

Diondra knew these woods like the back of her hand, its where she grew up after all, but she was still uneasy about flying here after dark. There were many dangers after nightfall. And in a storm, they could be unpredictable. Hurrying to stretch out her wings, she stood and handed Kenneth the umbrella. They then flew off into the storm in the direction of Aella's house.

Aella was very surprised to hear a knock on her door just before dark. The storm was ferocious and no one should have been out during it. "Diondra! Kenneth!" she exclaimed when she opened the door.

"Mother!" exclaimed Diondra.

Handing Kiran to Kenneth, she ran to her mother and gave her a hug. "Its so nice to see you."

"Same here," her mother replied. "But what were you doing flying in this storm? Surely you weren't just coming to pay me a visit."

"We need your help, actually." put in Kenneth. "My mother has given Diondra permission to attempt to create a bubble that pixies can use to swim to the depths and talk to the new leader of the mermaids."

"And you need me to help build this bubble because it needs to be waterproof and hold air. I see, and it is important. The way this storm has been going, it won't let up soon and we have to get ready for spring."

"That's why we flew all the way here. We thought it would be best if we kept it quiet and hidden from the other pixies."

Diondra reentered the conversation. "We thought we might include Akitla, but she would be the only other person who would know."

"She could be very helpful." Aella thought for a moment, "Yes, we should include her in this project. But first, you should sit and relax. You both look exhausted from your flight. It must have ben hard avoiding those raindrops."

"It was." replied Diondra. "Why don't we wait until tomorrow to start on this project. I need a good night's sleep before I can even think about designing the bubble."

"I'll set up rooms for you, Kenneth and Kiran, then you can all get some rest."

"Thank you." Diondra and Kenneth replied sleepily.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:41 am

Chapter 3

Did the queen just ask me to take over for Kenneth? thought Fira. Me, of all pixies?

She was shocked. How could she take over for the best fire pixie there was? Its true she knew how all his collier pixies liked their fires, but she didn't think she was ready to take over. She had told the queen this when she heard why she was being called. The queen simply replied 'It is only for a short time, and it is because you do not think you are ready that I know you are.'

Now Fira was flying home, dodging raindrops the size of pennies. She had just been told she was taking over for Kenneth. The colliers needed to keep their fires going, and they could for a short time, but come tomorrow they would need to be started again with the help of the fire pixies. How was one small pixie supposed to start all those fires by herself? She had been taught well, but she knew she couldn't do it.

I must try. she thought. The queen is counting on me and I can't let her down.

With this thought, Fira reached her house and went to bed. She was prepared to rise early the next morning, rain or downpour. She knew this storm was going to last for a while, so what was the point in trying to believe otherwise? She drifted off to sleep and dreamt of warm sunny days that were hopefully soon to come.

Diondra was putting Kiran to bed in her old crib. As she tucked him in, she remembered growing up in this small cottage with her twin sister Akitla. Then one day, Akitla and her were separated. They saw each other less and less now. And all because of pixie school. Diondra went to school in Summer Meadows and met Kenneth, while Diondra went to school in the winter woods to train with colliers.

Strange, she thought, that fire pixies train in summer, while colliers train in winter; yet, somehow, they get along well.

As she thought this, Kenneth walked in. He put his hands on her shoulders and gave her a small kiss on the cheek. "Ready for bed?" he asked.

She nodded. All the memories faded as she pulled her hand away from the crib and started to walk out of the room. When she reached the room she and her sister had shared as girls, she wanted to cry. Everything was still there as it had been the day they left, never to return to their own beds as young girls again. "I'm just down the hall if you need me." whispered Kenneth before he said good night.

She slowly walked around the room. All their amateurish drawings of flowers, snowflakes and rainbows hung on the walls. They had been so carefree then, and now they knew very little of each other's lives. They saw each other now and again, but hardly ever really. The last time they had seen each other was a season after Kiran and Dylan had been born. Winter was coming, so the snow pixies were gathering in Springtime Orchard to get ready to head to the mainland. Akitla had gotten permission to stay back that time to care for Dylan, but she came to the send off anyway to show that she wished she could be going too.

That was two seasons ago. Now Diondra feared she wouldn't be able to see her sister because of this storm. There were short summer storms every year, but this one had lasted for days and would continue for many days more. I do hope she brings Dylan and Cole with her when she comes. It would be nice for Kiran to get to know Dylan more, and I've only briefly met Cole once.

This thought brought back more memories. She had gone with Kenneth one day because he said some of his rounds took him to the Winter Woods. She had been hoping to see her sister, but had met Cole instead. He was a kind collier, thought most of them were, and seemed to enjoy having someone around to talk to for a short while. 'It gets pretty lonely up here.' he had said,

Looking back on that day made Diondra smile. She settled down in bed and curled up under the covers. Their warmth was soothing and she was asleep in no time, listening to the sounds of the storm and dreaming of a happy Pixie Hollow once again.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Life as Pixies })i({ A Tinkerbell Fan Fic

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:59 am

Chapter 4

The next morning, Diondra got up and went to check on Kiran. She found Kenneth cradling their son in his arms. "How is he?" she asked quietly as she walked forward.

"Sleeping soundly once again." replied Kenneth.

Diondra gave him a kiss. "Why don't we leave him here with my mother while we go find Akitla? He'll be fine with her," she whispered so as not to wake the baby.

"That sounds like a good idea. Maybe I could also start the fires for the colliers I help in the Winter Woods to help Fira out."

"Sounds like a plan. Let's get breakfast, and I'll have my mother pack us lunch for later just in case."

Kenneth put Kiran back in the crib and started to head towards the kitchen when he had a sudden impulse to ask Diondra something. "What happened to your father?"

He knew nothing about Diondra's father. She had never really told him and she was dreading this question. "He was a water pixie. One time, some mermaids needed a little help. Not thinking about his safety, he formed a small bubble barely large enough for himself and plunged into the water."

"Oh." replied Kenneth. He knew where this story was headed.

Diondra was starting to tear up as she said the last bit. "The bubble burst as he got about halfway down, it just wasn't strong enough. His wings were horribly damaged and it was all he could do to get to the surface before he drowned. He just couldn't survive without wings." she started to sniffle a little.

Seeing her starting to break down, Kenneth wrapped her in his arms. "Its okay. I shouldn't have asked."

She calmed down in his warm embrace, but she couldn't stop a tear from escaping. It trailed down her cheek as she pulled away. Kenneth brushed it aside with his thumb, but couldn't stop himself from asking one last question. "Why do you wan't to try to swim to the depths, then?"

"I feel like I owe it to my father to at least try," she said softly.

Akitla was holding Dylan when she suddenly got a funny feeling. 'Twin Sense'. That was what she and Diondra had called it when they were little. They could feel what the other was feeling, and right now, Akitla felt like crying. Diondra has been either talking or thinking about father, she thought.

She knew her sister very well, and that was one of the few things that could make her cry. It was still hard for her after all these years because their father had been a water pixie like Diondra. She had an urge to go comfort her, but knew not where she was. The feeling seemed pretty close, but she didn't want to go out in the storm to find her. She hugged Dylan tightly, wrapped him up, and set out to see Cole. He would be working at his fire, like always, and he could probably use someone to talk to like she could right about now.

Diondra and Kenneth were getting ready to leave when she felt her sister's sentiment. So twin sense still works, even after all these years. thought Diondra. Losing their father had been hard on the twins, harder on Diondra then Akitla could probably have imagined though. Deciding to put the sad thoughts away for a while, she said goodbye to her mother and headed out to where Kenneth was waiting. "What was that about?" he asked.

"Just twin sense. But I don't have time to explain. We need to start looking for my sister."

"Agreed," said Kenneth. And with that, they flew off into the morning storm.

More darkness seemed to rise from the ground as they made their way through the Autumn Forest into the Winter Woods. It had once been forbidden that pixies could cross the border, but it was necessary for some that they cross and the law was removed. Diondra was glad for this, because it made it easier to see her sister. She would be devastated if they could only see each other from across the border.

"Lets go visit Cole first, she might be there. From what I sensed, she needs someone to talk to and he would be just the pixie she'd see."

"Sounds okay with me. He's one of my regulars and it would help Fira out if I helped him get his fire going again."

The two pixies took of towards Cole's fire. They arrived to find Akitla sitting there with Cole and Dylan. "Diondra!" she exclaimed.

"Akitla!"

The two pixies flew up and gave each other a hug. "I thought you'd be here," said Diondra.

"I'm so glad to see you, and glad to know that twin sense still works." replied Akitla.

"I need your help." said Diondra.

"Does it have something to do with the storm and father?"

"In a way, yes. Mostly the storm part though."

"Well, come by the fire. You must be a little cold, it is winter here after all."

"Thank you." said Diondra.

After they had sat and talked for a while, including the subject of the storm (though not much was said other then the queen had asked Diondra to do something and she needed Akitla's help), Kenneth, Diondra, Akitla and Dylan headed back to Aella's house. The flight there was pretty silent, except for the occasional breeze blowing through the leaves. The wind had practically ceased, but the storm raged on. The mermaids must be getting too tired to maintain wind and rain, thought Diondra as they reached Aella's house.
Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Life as Pixies })i({ A Tinkerbell Fan Fic

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Chapter 5

Rian's job was not only to help with the rain, but create gale force winds. She was getting very tired, and could only create breezes every once and a while because the main part of the storm was the rain. No one had gotten much sleep since they were commanded to start the storm roughly a week ago.

Exhausted, Rian broke from the group and went to talk to Nerva again. She had taken the throne from Rian and was forcing the mermaids to potentially harm their friends, the pixies. It was very upsetting and no one wanted to do it, but they were more afraid of Nerva's lightning then harming their friends. "Nerva, you need to stop this." cried Rian over the sound of tired mermaids and mermen.

"Why would I do that, dearie?" Nerva asked with false cheerfulness.

"You know we would never do something like this. The pixies are sure to get suspicious and come prepared to fight."

"They can't come down here. You know that as well as I do."

"They'll find a way, and then you better be prepared. They have more power as us if they join together. We won't be able to stop them if they declare war."

"They will never find a way to reach the depths. There is too much pressure for them to survive."

"They'll find a way."

Then the conversation changed completely. "Have you moved your things out of the palace yet?"

"No, you've been forcing me to work and I haven't had the time."

"Well, now you can clean out your room. Just be sure to keep the winds going while you do so."

"Whatever you say Nerva." Rian said with her fingers crossed. "I'll keep the winds going."

Rian went to her room to start clearing it out, but before she started she dug out her magic pearl. It was used by the mermaids to contact water pixies, and the queen of course. She knew Diondra would be trying to do something about this, and she knew Diondra would feel her trying to contact her. She called Diondra. When Diondra answered she simply said, "I know a way I can help you. Meet me at Palm Tree Cove tomorrow at noon. Bring Akitla and Kenneth with you."

"Okay," replied Diondra, then Rian hung up.

She cleaned out her things, including the pearl. She wasn't going to leave that anywhere Nerva might find it. Where will I go now? she thought.

That was strange. thought Diondra after Rian had hung up. She had gone to her old room when she received the call from Rian. I wonder what she can do to help.

Just then, Akitla walked in. "Is something wrong?" she asked.

"Can you get Kenneth for me? I need to tell you both something."

"Sure. I'll be right back."

A few minutes later, Kenneth and Akitla walked back into the room. Diondra was still sitting on the bed, pondering the meaning behind Rian's message. "What do you need?" asked Kenneth.

He sat beside her as she said, "I just got a message from Rian. She sounded scared and nervous."

"Shouldn't Rian be the leader of the depths?" asked Akitla. She was thoroughly confuse now.

"She should be, but she didn't say why she wasn't."

"What did she say, then?"

"She said the three of us are to meet her at Palm Tree Cove tomorrow at noon. That normally wouldn't worry me, but considering the storm and the way she said it I think she's in trouble."

"If someone took the throne from her, she probably is. And the rest of the mermaids probably are too." said Kenneth.

"We shouldn't worry about this right now." said Akitla. "We need to start working on the bubble so we can try to stop this storm."

"Agreed." said Diondra and Kenneth in unison.

After Akitla left the room, Diondra said, "I'm worried about her Kenneth. What could have happened to have made her sound so distressed?"

"I'm guessing the evil sea witch Nerva has taken over. She hates us, and she could care less about anyone but herself."

"It makes sense, and it worries me even more that she might be the cause of this."

"Never mind that right now, then. We have a bubble to create."

"You always know how to make me feel better, Kenneth. I love you." she said before giving him a quick kiss.

"I love you, too."

They walked out of the room to see Aella and Akitla sitting at the kitchen table with a large sheet of paper unfolded in front of them. They were staring at it as if it held a secret and wasn't giving it up. Looking over their shoulders, Diondra saw that it was a design for a bubble. Her father's signature was at the bottom. This must be a quick design of his from before he plunged into the depths. she thought before sitting beside her sister. Kenneth sat beside her, and they started looking at the design like Aella and Akitla were.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---