There's Populars & Unpopulars. Then there's Katey

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

There's Populars & Unpopulars. Then there's Katey

Postby PaintLily » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:08 am

There's Populars & Unpopulars.
Then there's Katey

Introduction:

This is the story of Katey, she isn't a popular, but she isn't an unpopular either, what is she? I'm not sure, you'll have to find out for yourself. Populars respect her, or at least some do, but don't consider her a popular, but she's not a snob, unpopulars like her, and most of her friends are unpopulars, however, many people are rude to her and treat her just like an unpopular. Just like most 16 year old girls, she has a crush, but there's one problem, he's a popular, she's not.
Last edited by PaintLily on Thur Feb 34, 1492 2:18 am, edited 567 times in total.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am a Christian. │ My avatar was drawn by BlueOrca2000

MMMMIMagic,
MMMMIStatic,
MICall me a fanatic.
MIIt's our world!
MMMI~ Skillet

MI(Song: The Resistance)

^ By emblo ^ v By Sparkleparty v
iIYou can take my heart,
iiYou can take my breath,
iWhen you pry it from
iimy cold, dead chest.

MMMMn~ Skillet

MMMMl(Song: The Resistance)

~Please Click my Babies~
Also, if you could click anybody
Mihere, I would appreciate it

MMMMMnMy foxerflies. >>
MMMHuman Tano - winter.sunset
MMIQuad Tano - PeanutButterRum
MMiiBouncy Pixels & Couple Art of
MMMMMyawahn & Roi - Lunar.
PaintLily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: There's Populars & Unpopulars. Then there's Katey

Postby PaintLily » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:44 am

(Description for characters mentioned on this post are at the bottom)

Book 1:
How high school began

Chapter 1:
High school ain't easy

Katey was walking down the hallway when she was pushed to the ground by a popular. "You think just because your popular you can do anything!" Katey screamed at the popular, Jake, as she got up. Jake looked at Katey as if to say something but Katey had already walked away and he sighed.
As Katey continued down the hall the bell rang for geometry and Katey hurried to class and sat in her seat, an Jake sat in his own, the one right next to Katey's. As class went on, Jake tried to pass her a note but Katey ignored him and focused on what the teacher was saying.
After class, Jake tapped Katey on the shoulder "What?!" Katey said angrily as she turned to him "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to push you down, I only meant for it to be playful, sometimes I forget my own strength." he replied
"All I hear are excuses." Katey said and walked away.
Jake only sighed and let a tear flow down his cheek. Katey went to lunch and was looking for Sierra when someone tapped her on the back, Katey jumped and looked behind her "Sierra you scared me!" she said.
"Sorry." Sierra said and frowned, then smiled and said "Where shall we sit?" "Anywhere but near Jake." Katey grumbled.
"Okey!" Sierra said and chose a spot next to Karen and Katelyn. "Hi Karen, Hi Katelyn. Where is Jordan?" Katey said "I don't know." Karen said "I'm gonna go look for him." Katelyn said and was about to get up when Jordan walked over and sat down by Katelyn, they all gasped.
"Jordan what happened to your eye?" Katelyn asked, staring at Jordan's black eye.
"Some bully punched me in the eye, but it's no big deal." Jordan replied. After lunch the five teens went to P.E., Language, and Algebra. After that Jordan and Katelyn went to football practice, Karen and Sierra went to writing club, and Katey went to theater club, where Jake would be.
At theater club, the teacher said "The next play we will be doing was written by Karen and Sierra. It's called 'A Mermaid and an Ordinary Boy' and it's about a teenage boy and mermaid, though she appears human when out of water, who fall in love, auditions will be in two weeks." and she handed everyone a script, Katey wanted to play the mermaid.
After they were dismissed and Katey walked out a bully grabbed her, pulled her into a closet, and began to beat her up. Katey struggled to get free but she couldn't. Just as she was blindfolded someone came in and rescued her, she got out and took the blindfold off but whoever it was was already gone.

Name: Katey
Hair: Straight, Brown hair that goes down to about the middle of her back
Skin Color: White
Eyes: shimmering eyes, vibrant blue
Freckles: Some on her cheeks
Height: 6 foot 4
Role: Main Character

Name: Jake
Hair: Short, Straight, Black hair
Eyes: Brown
Freckles: none
Height: 6 foot 5
Role: One of the main populars

Name: Sierra
Hair: Straight, blonde hair that goes just past her shoulders
Eyes: Emerald green
Freckles: lots on her cheeks and some on her arms
Height: 6 feet tall
Role: Katey's BFF, an unpopular

Name: Karen
Hair: Curly, Red hair that goes down to her knees
Skin Color: tan
Eyes: Very Dark Brown eyes
Freckles: some here and there
Height: 5 foot 10
Role: One of Katey's friends, an unpopular, Katelyn's twin sister

Name: Jordan
Hair: Short, Straight, Brown hair
Eyes: Ice Blue
Height: 6 foot 2
Role: One of Katey's friends, an unpopular

Name: Katelyn
Hair: Wavy, Red hair the goes down about a quarter of her back
Eyes: Hazel
Role: One of Katey's friends, an unpopular, Karen's twin sister
Last edited by PaintLily on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Last edited by PaintLily on Thur Feb 34, 1492 2:18 am, edited 567 times in total.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MMMMIMagic,
MMMMIStatic,
MICall me a fanatic.
MIIt's our world!
MMMI~ Skillet

iIYou can take my heart,
iWhen you pry it from
iimy cold, dead chest.

MMMMn~ Skillet

~Please Click my Babies~

MMMMMnMy foxerflies. >>
PaintLily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roonil Wazlib » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:51 pm

PaintLily wrote:

Book 1:
How high school began

Chapter 1:
High school ain't easy

Katey was walking down the hallway when she was pushed to the ground by a popular. "You think just because your popular you can do anything!" Katey screamed Wait, I'm kind of confused...why would any of the populars like her if she screams at them? Also, I really don't think people scream in schools. Maybe said loudly? Muttered so only he could hear? Also, why doesn't she consider the possibility that it might've been an accident? at the popular, Jake, as she got up. Jake looked at Katey as if to say something but Katey had already walked away and he sighed.
As Katey continued down the hall, the bell rang for geometry and Katey hurried to class. and She sat in her seat, and Jake sat in his own which was, the one right next to Katey's. As class went on, Jake tried to pass her a note but Katey ignored him and focused on what the teacher was saying. After class, Jake tapped Katey on the shoulder
"What do you want." Katey said angrily as she turned to him
"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to push you down, I only meant for it to be playful. Most people are playful like that when they're really close friends. If they were, I'm assuming Katey would know he didn't mean to hurt her, but judging by her reaction she didn't know him at all. So why did he do it?Sometimes I forget my own strength." he replied
Jake only sighed and let a tear flow down his cheek. He's crying about a girl he offended in the first place? He might be a little upset, but what I get from it is that he barely knows her, so it's not enough for him to cry about.Katey went to lunch and was looking for Sierra when someone tapped her on the back. Katey jumped and looked behind her.
"Sierra you scared me!" she said
"Sorry." Sierra said and frowned, then smiled and said "Where shall should (Shall is a bit outdated) we sit?" "Anywhere but near away from Jake." Katey grumbled
"Okay." Sierra said and chose a spot next to Karen and Katelyn. "Hi Karen, Hi Katelyn. Where's Jordan?" Katey said
"I don't know." Karen said "I'm gonna go look for him." Katelyn said and was about to get up when Jordan walked over and sat down by Katelyn. They all gasped.
"Jordan what happened to your eye?" Katelyn asked, staring at Jordan's black eye.
"Some bully punched me in the eye, but it's no big deal." Jordan replied. After lunch the 5 five teens went to P.E., Language, and Algebra. After that, Jordan and Katelyn went to football practice, Karen and Sierra went to writing club, and Katey went to theater club, where Jake would be Maybe you should change this sentence around...it sounds strange when you say it out loud..
At theater club, the teacher Maybe you should give the teacher's namesaid "The next play we will be doing was written by Karen and Sierra. It's called 'A Mermaid and an Ordinary Boy' and it's about a teenage boy and mermaid, though she appears human when out of water,who fall in love. Auditions will be in two weeks." and She handed everyone there a script. Katey wanted to play the mermaid.
After they were dismissed and Katey walked out a bully grabbed her, pulled her into a closet, and began to beat her up. Katey struggled to get free but she couldn't. Just as she was blindfolded someone came in and rescued her, she got out and took the blindfold off but whoever it was was already gone.

So, the overall concept of the story is a good idea, but the plot line moves really fast. You don't give us any insight into what Katey's feeling, what she's thinking. You're not showing us the story, you're just telling it to us. Katey's character right now is rather two dimensional- she seems unreal. If you gave us insight into her mind, that would probably fix the problem. Besides that, we don't really know anything about Katey. What does she like? What does she dislike? Why do people like her so much? I don't see anything good about her in the passage so far. She basically just screams at people for accidents and avoids populars, even though you claim in the introduction that some of them like her. I do understand that this is only the first part, but there's a lot of contradicting statements and plot holes.
How is Jake and Katey's relationship? Is he a friend, total stranger or an enemy? From what I gathered Jake thinks Katey's his friend but she doesn't like him as much. He's clearly more comfortable with her, as he was teasing her.
One last thing: You really need to work on your grammar. Remember to start a new paragraph every time a new character speaks or the story shifts to a new scene. People are intimidated by big walls of text and it will be easier to read when it's separated into paragraphs. There's a lot of missing periods too. You forget to add a period right before quotes start. If you say something like 'Katey said "Hey!" then you don't need a period, but if you're saying 'Katey tripped. "Hey!" she said.' then you need to put a period after the sentence before it.
Another thing I noticed is that you use way too many commas when you could split it up into several short sentences. A lot of people have this problem, so it's no big deal. There's also some other issues, but I think I covered most of them.
I hope I wasn't too harsh!
BLACK LIVES MATTER
Image Image Image
Roonil Wazlib

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PaintLily » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:54 pm

Electra Heart wrote:
PaintLily wrote:

Book 1:
How high school began

Chapter 1:
High school ain't easy

Katey was walking down the hallway when she was pushed to the ground by a popular. "You think just because your popular you can do anything!" Katey screamed Wait, I'm kind of confused...why would any of the populars like her if she screams at them? Also, I really don't think people scream in schools. Maybe said loudly? Muttered so only he could hear? Also, why doesn't she consider the possibility that it might've been an accident? at the popular, Jake, as she got up. Jake looked at Katey as if to say something but Katey had already walked away and he sighed.
As Katey continued down the hall, the bell rang for geometry and Katey hurried to class. and She sat in her seat, and Jake sat in his own which was, the one right next to Katey's. As class went on, Jake tried to pass her a note but Katey ignored him and focused on what the teacher was saying. After class, Jake tapped Katey on the shoulder
"What do you want." Katey said angrily as she turned to him
"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to push you down, I only meant for it to be playful. Most people are playful like that when they're really close friends. If they were, I'm assuming Katey would know he didn't mean to hurt her, but judging by her reaction she didn't know him at all. So why did he do it?Sometimes I forget my own strength." he replied
Jake only sighed and let a tear flow down his cheek. He's crying about a girl he offended in the first place? He might be a little upset, but what I get from it is that he barely knows her, so it's not enough for him to cry about.Katey went to lunch and was looking for Sierra when someone tapped her on the back. Katey jumped and looked behind her.
"Sierra you scared me!" she said
"Sorry." Sierra said and frowned, then smiled and said "Where shall should (Shall is a bit outdated) we sit?" "Anywhere but near away from Jake." Katey grumbled
"Okay." Sierra said and chose a spot next to Karen and Katelyn. "Hi Karen, Hi Katelyn. Where's Jordan?" Katey said
"I don't know." Karen said "I'm gonna go look for him." Katelyn said and was about to get up when Jordan walked over and sat down by Katelyn. They all gasped.
"Some bully punched me in the eye, but it's no big deal." Jordan replied. After lunch the 5 five teens went to P.E., Language, and Algebra. After that, Jordan and Katelyn went to football practice, Karen and Sierra went to writing club, and Katey went to theater club, where Jake would be Maybe you should change this sentence around...it sounds strange when you say it out loud..
At theater club, the teacher Maybe you should give the teacher's namesaid "The next play we will be doing was written by Karen and Sierra. It's called 'A Mermaid and an Ordinary Boy' and it's about a teenage boy and mermaid, though she appears human when out of water,who fall in love. Auditions will be in two weeks." and She handed everyone there a script. Katey wanted to play the mermaid.

So, the overall concept of the story is a good idea, but the plot line moves really fast. You don't give us any insight into what Katey's feeling, what she's thinking. You're not showing us the story, you're just telling it to us. Katey's character right now is rather two dimensional- she seems unreal. If you gave us insight into her mind, that would probably fix the problem. Besides that, we don't really know anything about Katey. What does she like? What does she dislike? Why do people like her so much? I don't see anything good about her in the passage so far. She basically just screams at people for accidents and avoids populars, even though you claim in the introduction that some of them like her. I do understand that this is only the first part, but there's a lot of contradicting statements and plot holes.
How is Jake and Katey's relationship? Is he a friend, total stranger or an enemy? From what I gathered Jake thinks Katey's his friend but she doesn't like him as much. He's clearly more comfortable with her, as he was teasing her.
One last thing: You really need to work on your grammar. Remember to start a new paragraph every time a new character speaks or the story shifts to a new scene. People are intimidated by big walls of text and it will be easier to read when it's separated into paragraphs. There's a lot of missing periods too. You forget to add a period right before quotes start. If you say something like 'Katey said "Hey!" then you don't need a period, but if you're saying 'Katey tripped. "Hey!" she said.' then you need to put a period after the sentence before it.
Another thing I noticed is that you use way too many commas when you could split it up into several short sentences. A lot of people have this problem, so it's no big deal. There's also some other issues, but I think I covered most of them.
I hope I wasn't too harsh!

As for her screaming, she over-reacted and didn't think before she spoke, it happens, and just because she screamed at one doesn't mean she screamed at all of them, and for the playfulness, I'd say but it would spoil the story, same with the tear that rolled down his cheek, the teacher, well I guess I didn't really bother to name her because she isn't really that important, the paragraph stuff, I have a lot of trouble knowing when to change to a new paragraph, and I really do wish I had never asked for critique, I'm just too sensitive to be able to handle it well, I get mad or sad about things I shouldn't and feel hurt a lot, I try to stay calm but that's not the easiest thing for me, frankly I'm fine at grammar when I'm actually working at it but when I'm writing I want enjoy it and not be stressed about grammar, the comma thing I suppose is kind of hard for me and I hate admitting it, and I almost want to either burst out crying or punch something, I'm too easily made mad or sad and never should of asked for critique, and please don't bother me because this post right here is one big stupid sentence, or should I say, a Run-on.

MMMMIMagic,
MMMMIStatic,
MICall me a fanatic.
MIIt's our world!
MMMI~ Skillet

iIYou can take my heart,
iWhen you pry it from
iimy cold, dead chest.

MMMMn~ Skillet

~Please Click my Babies~

MMMMMnMy foxerflies. >>
PaintLily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roonil Wazlib » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 pm

I'm really sorry that I hurt your feelings, but you did ask for a critique and I did warn you that I might be a bit harsh. I was just trying to help.
BLACK LIVES MATTER
Image Image Image
Roonil Wazlib

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PaintLily » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:00 am

Yes I know you meant well, and It was stupid of me to ask for it, I should of known it would only hurt my feelings, though thank you I suppose, you pointed out things that I might never have thought of on my own, especially with the paragraphs, I was not blaming you at all, I'm sorry if it sounded like that.

MMMMIMagic,
MMMMIStatic,
MICall me a fanatic.
MIIt's our world!
MMMI~ Skillet

iIYou can take my heart,
iWhen you pry it from
iimy cold, dead chest.

MMMMn~ Skillet

~Please Click my Babies~

MMMMMnMy foxerflies. >>
PaintLily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roonil Wazlib » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:53 am

That's fine :) I hope you continue with the story
BLACK LIVES MATTER
Image Image Image
Roonil Wazlib

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorWhoCrazy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:11 am

I would think that you'd give a slight description. I know that this is the first bit, bit you could add something like 'Katey looked up and saw Jake before her. Her heart involuntarily sped up as she saw his short black hair. Well, he almost made her blush, even though she had no feelings for him. No wonder he was a popular.'
The beating up bit is a bit rushed. It's under explained. You could mention how she felt. Like 'a low gasp escaped her lips as she felt hands grab her. She was terrified, and the feeling was intensified as she was slammed into... etc.'
Apart from that its great, and sorry if I'm a bit harsh.
Last edited by DoctorWhoCrazy on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quitting! Take up to 20 pets!
DoctorWhoCrazy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PaintLily » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:13 am

(Description for characters mentioned on this post are at the bottom. Things that are not actually part of the story but are just my comment on something will be in parenthesize and will be this blue)

Chapter 2:
Sudden Change and a Sleep-over

As Katey was walking down the hallway the most popular kid in school, Eleanor, tapped Katey on the shoulder. "Okay, something is wrong, you're tapping me on the shoulder, why?" Katey said calmly.
"We heard what you did." Eleanor said as her two companions, AJ and JJ, walked up behind her "Pretty brave if you ask me." At this Katey was very confused.
"What are you talking about?" She said, staring at the trio in confused. 'First she tapped me on the shoulder, then she talked to me, about something brave that I did? She must have the wrong girl, Eleanor has always hated me, not to mention obviously tripping me on purpose many a time and stealing my lunch often.' she thought.
"Don't act like you don't know." AJ spoke up looking Katey in the eye, making her very nervous, "We all know you screamed at a popular, you've gut guts, kid, and when did you start wearing such fabulous clothes."
"I over-reacted and your praising me for it?" Katey said.
"It's not really the over-reacting part, it's more the guts, very respectable If you ask me, plus you almost always nice to use when we're complete jerks to you." JJ said cheerfully and then the bell for lunch rang.
At lunch Katey sat with Jordan, Karen, Katelyn, and Sierra as usual, but today she had some unusual news. "You guys are not going to believe what happened to be today, and I don't think I like it..." she said.
"What?" the other four said in unison, wondering what was so unbelievable.
"Eleanor, AJ, and JJ talked to me, Eleanor just came up and tapped me on the shoulder. I mean since when does that happen? Apparently today, they called me brave for screaming at Jake when he pushed me to the ground yesterday, as far as I'm concerned he's just a normal kid who thinks he's something special. Oh yeah and yesterday after geometry class he said he only meant it playfully and that sometimes he forgets his own strength. We barely know each other, why would he playfully nudge me? That's something friends do, and Jake, if anything, is my enemy." Katey said
"Eleanor talked to you! That's just unreal!" Sierra said with a look of surprise on her face.
"Maybe Jake sees you as a friend and not an enemy." Jordan said calmly.
"I know, right?!" Katey said to Sierra "And Jordan, he is a popular, I'm just an unpopular (I've decided that she starts out as an unpopular), why would he consider me a friend?"
"I don't know, but he doesn't seem like the sort of person who would push someone down on purpose." Jordan replied "In fact I think I saw him rescue some girl from a bully." Just then the bell rang and they went to their usual classes and club meeting, Katey occasionally being greeted by a popular.
After School Katey went home, went up stairs and into her room, and practiced for the part of the mermaid (I have not made up the play as of yet, just the title and the storyline, and this little thing coming up.) "A love so strong, but so unreachable. I'm a mermaid, he's a human, I want to be with him, but can it really work? and can I trust him with my secret?" Katey sang with her beautiful voice, then her phone rang and she quickly answered it, "Yes?" she said.
"Hey, Katey, wanna come over to my house? I'm having a sleep-over, Jenny is gonna be here even!" Sierra said excitedly.
"Let me ask my parents." Katey said and asked her parents if she could go, then after being told she could, she told Sierra "Sure, I'll be there, what time?"
"In about an hour." Sierra said before hanging up to call some of her other friends and invite them.
After practicing for the part of the mermaid some more, Katey got ready for the sleep-over and then left to go there..
At the sleep-over were Jenny, Jordan, Karen, Katelyn, Katey, and of course, Sierra, and they all went to Sierra's bedroom. Sierra's bedroom was very large and comfy, the walls were purple, the floor was wood and had several rugs spread out on it, there was a desk and a chair, a lamp, and three bunk-beds. As they talked they smelled bacon and eggs being cooked.
"So, Jenny, long time no see, where have you been?" Karen asked.
"Here and there, almost everywhere, you know how it is with my family, traveling all the time, living in a different apartment almost every day." Jenny replied.
"That must be pretty hard, not having any permanent home and all." Katelyn said
"Yeah I guess, but it's also kind of fun." Jenny replied but then changed the subject "How about we play truth or dare?"
"Okay, you start, Jen." Sierra said.
"Okay, Katelyn, Truth or dare?" Jenny said.
"Truth" Katelyn replied, avoiding a dare at all cost.
"Do you have a crush on anyone? If so who?" Jenny said.
"Yes." Katelyn replied, refusing to say who.
"Well who then?" Jenny said.
"I absolutely will not say." Katelyn replied.
"Katey, truth or dare?" Jordan said, trying to stop a fight before it started.
"Dare me." Katey said with a sparkle of mischief in her eye.
"Talk to Jake next time you see him." Jordan replied, at this, Katey cringed 'There is no way I am going to talk to him, just no way.' she thought.
"Not happening." Katey said firmly.
"Alright then, then we can say you backed out on a dare on Truth or Dare." Jordan says, knowing this would work, "Do you went to lose your reputation of never backing down to a dare?"
"Alright fine." Katey grumbled, it was just about then that Sierra's mom came in with bacon and eggs for everyone and everyone thanked her and began to eat.
After they ate they went to the living room and played monopoly, life, and began to play charades, you would've laughed if you had seen Karen dancing crazily with a huge smile and a crazy look on her face. Can you guess what the word was? Well... it was, crazy, yes, crazy was the word. they all had a wonderful time, and played princess, oh and Jordan was a prince. In the end the sleep-over was a big success, and they were all fast asleep in the beds.

Name: Eleanor
Hair: long, straight black hair
Eyes: Brilliant green eyes
Height: 7 feet tall
Role: The most popular teen in school

Name: AJ
Hair: straight but curved at the ends, Red hair that goes down to her knees
Eyes: hazel eyes
Height: 5 foot 11 1/2
Role: one of Eleanor's friends

Name: JJ
Hair: Wavy Black hair that goes down to her shoulders
Eyes: Sapphire Blue

Name: Jenny
Hair: Straight, Black hair that goes down to waist
Skin Color: Black
Eyes: Light blue-ish brown
Height: 5 foot 11 3/4
Role: One of Katey's friends

MMMMIMagic,
MMMMIStatic,
MICall me a fanatic.
MIIt's our world!
MMMI~ Skillet

iIYou can take my heart,
iWhen you pry it from
iimy cold, dead chest.

MMMMn~ Skillet

~Please Click my Babies~

MMMMMnMy foxerflies. >>
PaintLily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PaintLily » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:25 pm

(Description for characters mentioned on this post are at the bottom. Things that are not actually part of the story but are just my comment on something will be in parenthesize and will be this blue)

Chapter 3:
A Strange feeling

Katey was at school again, wondering if she'd have to talk to Jake today or if she wouldn't see him and wouldn't have to, then she turned around and there he was walking down the hall "Jake." she said slowly.
"Yes?" Jake said as he turned to face her 'This is your chance, it's no use, she doesn't feel the same way.' he thought as he stared into Katey's beautiful blue eyes
"Um... hi." Katey said, seeing his brown eyes and feeling her heart begin to beat faster she couldn't help but feel happy. (Thanks for the idea DoctorWhoCrazy) 'Get a grip, he's a jerk.' she thought and shook herself out of it, but the though was quickly swept from her mind as she couldn't help but let her gaze fall on him.
"Hi..." Jake said, still gazing into Katey's eyes "I thought you hated me?" he said, confused as to why she was talking to him but happy 'Maybe this is the turning point... Maybe she'll at least be my friend.' he thought but his thought were interrupted by Eleanor.
"Come on, Jake, let's go." Eleanor said and grabbed Jake's arm but Jake pulled his arm away and waited for Katey to reply.
"I di- do." Katey replied and stopped looking at Jake "I'm only talking to you because of a dare."
"Oh." Jake said and sighed, he turned around and walked away, sad.
Katey went to Geometry when the bell rang for it and tried to concentrate but thoughts of Jake pushed there way in, it didn't help him sitting right next to her, and it seemed as if she heard the clock ticking loudly. (sometimes ideas come from the strangest of things, for instance, this idea came from listening to the ticking of the second-hand on my watch because I love the sound of it, it is rather soothing) Nonetheless Katey managed to get through Geometry and go to lunch.
At lunch the first thing that was said was "Well, did you talk to him?", asked by the always curious, Jenny, who had somehow managed to get permission to stay with Sierra and her family for a week.
"Yes, I talked to him." Katey replied "And how are you still here, hmm?"
"I talked mom and dad into let me stay with Sierra and her family for the week." Jenny answered he question, though Katey should have known "And how about the talk, how did that go, hmm?" she said, imitating Katey saying 'hmm?'.
"It was very short, in the end he seemed sad when he walked away." Katey replied, giggling at Jenny throwing the 'hmm?' right back at her.
"Alright, well let's talk about the play, can you believe that the play Karen and I wrote was actually chosen to be the next play our school will put on?" Sierra said "Karen and I will be directing it and judging the auditions, along with the theater club teacher."
"I know, that's great! I couldn't believe me ears at first, but the title and what it was about was the same, so I knew I wasn't imagining it." Katey said "Though I can't say I knew you'd be directing and judging the auditions."
"I am too excited to explain, I have helped write the play that will be put on by our school!" Karen said excitedly.
"I always knew you had it in you, sis, same goes to you Sierra." Katelyn said.
"Wow, good for you, say, Katey, who are you gonna audition for?" Jordan asked.
"The mermaid." Katey said
"I thought you would if it was the one the school put on, so I made perfect for you." Sierra said.
"Really? Wow thanks! but what about the singing?" Katey says.
"I know you have the best voice in school and you certainly are the best at singing in the entire school" Sierra says. Suddenly out of no where AJ and JJ came there, led by Eleanor.
"Come sit with us, Katey." Eleanor said
"No thanks, I'd rather sit her with my friends then with people I barely know." Katey replied. Shrugging the three girls left.
After School Katey went home and practiced for the part of the mermaid for hours and hours, then looked through her clothes, and he phone started ringing. "Hello?" Katey said.
"Um... Katey, do you wanna hang out?" came the voice of Jake through the phone.
"Sure I guess." Katey said and hung up thinking 'What are you doing?', but either way she got ready and left to go hang out with Jake.
They went to the Ice-cream shop and got Ice-cream, "Katey?" Jake said.
"Yeah?" Katey replied and looked at Jake, feeling her heart beat harder.
"Why do you hate me and if you hate me then why did you agree to hang out with me." Jake asked.
"Because your a jerk and as for why I agreed to hang out with you I have no clue." Katey answered, Hearing this Jake felt hurt 'Why does she think I'm a jerk? all this time I've been being nice to her, or at least trying to, what gives her the notion that I am one?' Jake thought.
"I've got to go." Katey said and before waiting for Jake to reply went home, trying not to sob.

Name: Eleanor
Hair: long, straight black hair
Eyes: Brilliant green eyes
Height: 7 feet tall
Role: The most popular teen in school

Name: AJ
Hair: straight but curved at the ends, Red hair that goes down to her knees
Eyes: hazel eyes
Height: 5 foot 11 1/2

Name: JJ
Hair: Wavy Black hair that goes down to her shoulders
Eyes: Sapphire Blue

Name: Jenny
Hair: Straight, Black hair that goes down to waist
Skin Color: Black
Eyes: Light blue-ish brown
Height: 5 foot 11 3/4
Role: One of Katey's friends

MMMMIMagic,
MMMMIStatic,
MICall me a fanatic.
MIIt's our world!
MMMI~ Skillet

iIYou can take my heart,
iWhen you pry it from
iimy cold, dead chest.