Symbiote's Sting (An Avengers Fanfic) (Please Critique)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Which guy should Chelsea end up in a relationship with?

Hawkeye AKA. Clint Barton (Okay they already have feelings or each other but may be harder to do considering where the story line is going)
25%
Venom AKA. Eddie Brock (This is one that I would like to work out as it sounds fun and interesting)
75%
New Goblin AKA. Harry Osborn (Same as with Venom I would love to work with it and develop both caracters)
No votes
Other (Please post below who you think if you choose this option)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Symbiote's Sting (An Avengers Fanfic) (Please Critique)

Postby Nocturnal Creatures » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:56 am

Rules:
1. Please give advice but don't be overly mean or overly harsh this is only my first attempt.
2. Don't argue with me or with others on this thread.
3. Please do give some advice on how the story could progress but be aware I have a rough idea of what will happen.
4. Please enjoy the story and have fun!!

Characters- Yes I am using an RP form but that is what I do to keep track of characters. Also I do not own all of these characters. As I said this is a Fanfic and my only character so far that is not cannon is Chelsea but the story inside is completly original as far as I am aware. Also many of the cannons are made younger to suit my story so don't complain about their ages as I know they are completly messed up.

Code: Select all
 [b]Name:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Codename:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Age:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Gender:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Looks:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Clothes:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Powers:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]History:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Personality:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Crush:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]BF/GF:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Other:[/b] [i][/i]

Main- These are the characters that we will be following. Well that is why they are called MAIN characters is it not. Some characters may become main over time and some may be demoted to secondary characters over time.

Name: Chelsea Ward
Codename: Wolfcry
Looks: Chelsea has short spiked up brown hair that has streaks of a lighter more blonde brown running through it. Her eyes are dark brown with a slight greenish tinge. She is about 5ft 6" and is of a fairly average build. The left side of her face is covered in scars from when she was attacked as a small child by a wolf. Her skin is fairly dark olive coloured and she never burns or tans in the sun.
Clothes: Her superhero costume is a lot like Hawkeye's but instead of the purple it is black and red. It also contains a very light but hard metal coating throughout the entire costume making it fairly bulletproof and fireproof. When she isn't in her costume she normally wears a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a variety of different shirts. Her favourites are a black top with a wolf howling at the moon and a creamy brown top with a leopard on it.
Powers: She has the ability to shift into a wolf and many other animals. She also has increase senses and strength.
History: She was abbandoned as a child and raised by a couple who found her abanndoned on their doorstep. When she was four she was attacked in the woods behind their house by a wolf and still has the scars to this day. At the age of 12 she enlisted to join SHIELD as the couple that raised her both worked there. She was trained in SHIELD for a two years and then one day she voulenteered for an experiment they were doing. They only just allowed her to do it as even though she was to young she had the strength to do it. The experiment was to see what the effects of a new version of the super soldier serum would be on the human body. This version of the serum contained a fairly large amount of the same kind of alien symbiote that is attached to Venom. SHIELD had no idea that the serum contained the symbiote as they did not know that there was a spy inside SHIELD. Out of the ten voulenteers they had only three lived but Chelsea was the only one who ended up with superhuman abilities. She gained the ability to shapshift into a variety of different animals. There was one problem though, the serum increased the anger levels of Chelsea and she became unpredictable. She began to shift uncontolably and ended up killing seven people. Two of them being the people who raised her. Nick Fury ordered her to be killed but the Avengers stepped in and offered to take her and train her to calm her down. She has now been with the Avengers for three years and is now mostly able to control her powers. She still has problems sometimes but it isn't nearly as bad as before. She has no idea that the symbiote is inside her but she has her suspicions that she wasn't told about everything that was contained in the serum.
Personality: She has always had a very good temperment but she now tends to snap out angrily for no reason. She is very friendly with all of the Avengers but she also very strongly dislikes SHIELD because of the part they played in turning her into a monster. She loves to get into fights and is pretty headstrong which often leads her to trouble that the Avengers have to get her out of.
Crush: None so far.
BF/GF: None so far.
Other: Nope

Name: Eddie Brock
Codename: Venom
Looks: Image

Clothes: Just everyday clothes the kind of top he is wearing in the picture and black trousers or dark jeans.
Powers: Enhanced speed and strength provided by the symbiote that is bonded to him. He can also shoot black webs like spider man. Also has limited shifting abilities eg. creating spikes and slightly altering form but not fully changing his form.
History: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Brock
Personality: Look in link above.
Other: Sorry for the GIGANTACO picture XP.

Name: Clinton 'Clint' Barton
Codename: Hawkeye
Looks: Image
Clothes: He will normally wear his black costume (shown above) or his purple costume with the head piece. Whenhe isn't wearing either of them he will usually just wear a pair of light blue jeans and a regualr T-shirt.
Powers: Has excellent skills with a bow and arrow and also has very good acrobatic skills. He doesn't have any real superpowers but does appear to have superhuman agility and acrobatic skills.
History: He was orphaned as a small boy and was raised in a circus where he was trained as an acrobat and was also trained to use a bow and arrow. He now has a wide range of different arrows he can use from EMP arrows to gas releasing arrows to just normal arrows. You name it he probably has an arrow for it. He used to work for SHIELD but left when he was accused of working for Hydra. He went to the Avengers for help to tell them the truth about what had happened saying how he had been betrayed by the Black Widow who was the one working for Hydra. He was accepted into the Avengers and soon his innocence was proved. Also the entire plot behind that has been resolved but he won't go back to SHIELD because they accused him of being a traitor.
Personality: He can be very sarcastic and often finds ways to tease the villians and usually p*ss*s them off a lot. He is also very fun to be around but he can get quite annoyed when things get to serious or when he gets told off for doing something wrong.
Other: Nope.

Name: Harry Osborn
Codename: New Goblin/Goblin
Looks:
Clothes: Just everyday regular clothes unless he is wearing the New Goblin suit.
Powers: Goblin serum inhaled and injected into his system gives him enhanced intelligence and superhuman physical attributes identical to that of the Green Goblin. Also uses goblin-themed weapons and a glider similar to the original Goblins. The glider also has two swords that Harry uses.
History: Harry was Peter Parker's closest friend. He flunked out of multiple private schools and wishing to have his wealth and privilege downplayed to classmates. He constantly tried to impress his father, who is very invested in his work, and he eventually grew jealous of Peter Parker's close relationship with him. After his father's death as the Green Goblin, Harry believed that his father was murdered by Spider-Man, and sought revenge on Spider-Man Harry took over Oscorp and formed an alliance with Doctor Octopus to get his revenge, providing Octopus with a rare element he needs to complete his fusion reactor in exchange for Octopus capturing Spider-Man. Although the plan fails, he learns that Peter is Spider-Man when he unmasks the hero in preparation to kill him. Afterwards, he begins to hallucinate, seeing his father's image in a mirror which demands that Harry avenge him. He refuses and smashes the mirror only to find a hidden room with the Green Goblin equipment and serum behind it and realize that his father was the infamous Green Goblin. Becoming the New Goblin he still vows his revenge on Spider-Man and Peter Parker.
Personality: He can be quite nice sometimes but other times he can be horrible. Before he became the New Goblin he was really fun loving though he was often very jealous of Peter for many reasons. He hates Peter and many of the superheroes that help him.
Other: None so far.

Secondary Characters- These are the characters that may appear in the story quite a lot but the main plot of the story won't follow them. Also they will not have a full character description.
Avengers: (Also includes Clint and Chelsea)
Iron Man AKA. Anthony 'Tony' Stark Age: 23
Hulk AKA. Bruce Banner Age: 25
Captain America AKA. Steven 'Steve' Rodgers Age: 22 (actually about 80)
Thor Age: 24 (actually thousands of years old)
Spider-Man AKA. Peter Parker Age: 18

Main Super Villian Group: (Includes Venom and yea it needs a cooler name but I have no idea what to call it XP)
New Goblin AKA. Harry Osborn Age: 18
Lizard AKA. Curtis 'Curt' Connors Age: 30
Loki Age: 23 (actually thousands of years old)
Abomination AKA. Emil Blonsky Age: 27

Other Characters:
Nick Fury Age: 29
Maria Hill Age: 25

There will be other characters added as the story goes on.

Table of Contents:
Chapter 1 - Page 1
Chapter 2 - Page 1
Chapter 3 - Page 1
Chapter 4 - Page 2
Chapter 5 - Page 2
Chapter 6 - Page 2
Chapter 7 - Page 2
Last edited by Nocturnal Creatures on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:57 am, edited 8 times in total.
Hey Guys!
Female || Zoologist by Trade || Scottish
INTJ || Bisexual || Aries

Bird enthusiast. Come talk to me about them.

Back here after 4 years, looking for friends.

LOLO
Treats Given: 269
Treats Recieved: 117
Nocturnal Creatures

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Superhero Fanfic (Need help with catchy title)

Postby Nocturnal Creatures » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:16 am

Chapter 1- Chapters may end up being small and many as one chapter will be one post and how much I am able to write at that given time.

It was a regular and fairly average day for a superhero. There had been one attack on the citizens of New York today but that was nothing. Just a minor villian whipping up some trouble. Chelsea was in the Avengers mansion resting up. It may have been average but that didn't mean that she wasn't tired out! She was sitting in the front room of the mansion with the TV on watching herself and some of the others saving the day again. She sighed as she flicked off the TV and stood up.
She walked out of the front room and looked around the halls of the mansion. She saw Clint walking towards the comunications room and ran to catch up with him.
"Hey Clint!" Chelsea said with a bright smile showing her white teeth, "Taken down any good bad guys lately?" She asked jokingly.
"Yea of course I took down Whirlwind again today! I mean seriously can't that guy just give it a rest? He gets caught every single time he escapes! What is with that guy?" Clint asked her with a small laugh.
"Why are you heading to the Com room? Is there a meeting or something?" She asked him, "I thought all of you guys were out and I was left behind on guard duty for the day." She gave him a questioning look.
"The others are out I just came back to keep you company. I know how much you love me!" He said with a teasing laugh as Chelsea shoved him, "Hey watch it! I am a very delicate person you wouldn't want to hurt me!"
"Whatever you say Clint," she said rolling her eyes, "Now tell me the real reason that you are back! And don't give me one of you stupid teasing excuse they do get really annoying sometimes." She said smiling at him.
"How could I ever be annoying?" He asked her pretending to be hurt, "And wasn't the reason I gave you enough? I wanted to keep you company." He gave her a soft warm smile as he said it.
"Look Clint we've been through this. I do care for you a lot but I couldn't bare it if I snapped and hurt you." Chelsea said looking at him sadly regret in her eyes.
Clint just looked at her. Suddenly Chelsea got a very bad feeling that there was something a little off with Clint. He seemed different. Not the kind of different he was when Loki took over him but something not far off it....
"Finally figured it out have you?" Clint asked as he noticed the look in Chelsea's eyes. Suddenly the figure that was Clint became Loki. Chelsea stumbled back and fell.
"Loki!" She spat out anger and disgust high in her voice.
"Ah my dear Chelsea. I never thought that you would be so easy to fool, but then again most superheroes aren't that clever now are they?" Loki said snidely with a cruel smile. Chelsea's eyes widened as more villians appeared beside Loki. Goblin, Venom, Abomination,Lizard. This certainly wasn't going to be as normal a day as she thought...
Hey Guys!

LOLO
Nocturnal Creatures

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nocturnal Creatures » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:32 am

NOW OPEN TO COMMENTS AND POSTING
Hey Guys!

LOLO
Nocturnal Creatures

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nocturnal Creatures » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:15 am

Small bump
Hey Guys!

LOLO
Nocturnal Creatures

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby born again » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:31 am

I LOVE IT!! Please continue!!
" MY H A T E IS THE LIFEBLOOD THAT P U L S E S THROUGH THE
V E I N S OF YOUR U N I V E R S E...
ImageImageImage
...IT IS MY G I F T TO YOU. YOU'RE W E L C O M E FOR T H A T. "

born again

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nocturnal Creatures » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:33 am

Lol I would but I am on my iPod and about to go to bed soon so unfortunately I can't DX
Hey Guys!

LOLO
Nocturnal Creatures

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nocturnal Creatures » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:40 am

Chapter 2

"So. What are you going to do then?" Chelsea asked them spitefully, "Are you going to kill me, torture me what?"
"I don't think we ever quite decided on that." Loki said thoughtfully. He laughed and started to walk away and as he did so Chelsea felt someone hit her in the back of the head and her vision went blank and she fell to the ground unconcious.
"Well I guess that's what happens when you choose the wrong side." Harry said grinning. He walked over to Chelsea and picked her up and put her over his shoulder. They all followed Loki out of the mansion where he teleported them all back to their base.
"Take the girl to her room will you Goblin and stay there with her. We'll talk to her when she wakes up." Loki said before walking away. The rest of the villians dispersed into the base leaving Harry all on his own with Chelsea. Harry sighed wondering why it was always him left with the boring jobs of guarding the prisoner. He walked down the hallway to the cells and placed Chelsea inside of one before walking out and locking the door behind him. He stood outside and leaned against the wall feeling bored already.
~

A few hours later Chelsea's eyes flickered open. At first she wondered where she was as a damp smell hit her nose. Then she remembered about what had happened. She sat up and looked around the cell. It was dark and only dimly lit. She stood up, her legs feeling shaky, and walked over to the door of the cell banging on it.
"Hey let me out!" She called anger and fury rising high in her voice. She kept on banging against the dor calling loudly until she heard the door unlock. She stood back and glared as Loki, Eddie and Harry walked in.
"Let me go!" She spat out forcefully.
"Now now my dear don't you want to hear what we have to say first?" Loki asked grinning.
"Depends on what you have to say." She said her angry eyes passing over the three of them.
"Well what if I could say that we knew something about why your powers are so unpredictable?" Eddie said stepping forwards slightly. His teeth were sharp as he liked to keep them. They helped him to terrify his enemies.
"You couldn't give me a guarentee that you were telling the truth though could you?" She said thrown a little off balance about what they wanted to talk to her about.
Loki started to speak "Even so we-"
"Look guys just tell her the truth!" Harry interupted getting annoyed with them, "Stop playing your mind games and tell her about her powers and the serum!" He said glaring at them both. Chelsea's eyes widened with shock as Harry started to get angry. She was also surprised by the fact that he was brave enough to stand up to the both of them even though they were stronger than him.
Eddie glared at Harry, "Maybe you should treat us with respect boy! You never know when one of my claws might acidentaly slit your throat!"
"Boy!? I'm only a year younger than you Eddie now just tell her!" The two guys glared at each other till Loki stepped in.
"Fine, fine I'll stop playing mind games. But just calm down both of you!" He said with an annoyed sigh. He turned to look back at Chelsea, "The serum that SHIELD distributed wasn't the one they created. It was one we created to kill off members of SHIELD. Or turn them unpredictable and dangerous. That is what happened to you."
Chelsea just looked at him in disbeliefe, "What was in it?" She asked afraid to hear the answer.
"Now that is where it gets interesting." Eddie said with a malicious grin.
Hey Guys!

LOLO
Nocturnal Creatures

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JourneyMaster » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:59 am

This is great! I really enjoy reading it. I'm exited to see what will happen next.
Hi all! I'm (hopefully) back from a very long absence. So sorry for leaving you all hanging! I won't be online as often as I used to, but I'll be around :)

It is my goal to collect every butterfly wolf, please send me a trade to help me reach this goal!

Pân i valt law thilia,
Law pain i reviar mistar aen;
Iaur i vell law thinnatha,
O lith naur echuiathar aen,
Calad od dúath thuiatha;
Adamminen i vagol vreithannen,
Pen-thôl ad echannen i aran.
JourneyMaster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nocturnal Creatures » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:52 am

Chapter 3

Chelsea looked at Eddie wondering why he was saying that, "So why is it interesting?" She asked. The three villians passed a look between the three of them.
"Well we had Eddie here add some of the symbiote, the stuff that covers him when he is Venom, into the serum and it was designed to either kill off those that were to weak or to make those who survived to unpredictable to be allowed to live." Harry said to Chelsea waiting for her reaction.
"What!?" Chelsea asked shocked. She couldn't belive what they were saying was true yet she knew deep down inside of her that it was, "You're saying I had some of that disgusting black sludge injected into me!"
"Who are you calling disgusting!?" Eddie said viciously thrusting his head into Chelsea's face. She shoved him away angrily.
"Get out of my face!" She spat at him venom in her voice. Eddie advanced on her, his body tense with anger.
"Why should I?" He asked his voice dangerously soft. Chelsea's eyes gleamed with a reddish tint.
"Because if you don't, then I'll make you." She said her voice equally as dangerous.
"Ha! I'd like to see you try!" Eddie replied his body slowly changing into Venom. Chelsea was rigid with anger and ferocity. She shifted into a large black wolf her lips curled in a snarl.
"Well you asked for it!" She said. She lept at him her teeth bared at him throat but he knocked her aside easily his sharp black claws digging into her side. As she landed on the ground with a thud she became human again and as she tried to sit up Venom was on top of her.
"I only asked for it because I knew how easy you would be to beat." He snarled into her face. She moved back from under him but her back hit the wall and she closed her eyes as he progressed towards her his sharp white teeth inching towards her throat. She let out a small wimper of fear.
"That's enough!" Loki said hitting his staff against the ground. Venom looked back and then stood up becomeing Eddie again who clicked his neck before grinning down at Chelsea.
"I may have actually asked for it but the fact that you're a hero, means that you are always asking for it." He said before pulling Chelsea back up to stand and walking over to the wall next to the door and leaning against it grinning.
"Enough!" Loki said angrily, "And yes we really are telling you that you had that "disgusting black sludge" injected into you." He continued with a sigh. Chelsea shook her head unable to belive any of it. She may have finally learned why she was the way she was but she really wished she hadn't. Her life felt like it had been turned upside down and she now had great fear of what she would say to the Avengers. If she ever got out of here.
"Are you okay?" Harry asked her a slightly worried tone in her voice. She wondered why he was being so kind to her when the others hated her but she didn't ask questions.
"No! Why would I be okay? You basically destroyed my life by doing that! You made me kill the people who raised me and loved me all my life!" Chelsea said a small tear running down the olive skin of her face.
"Destroyed your life? I think I would say that we drastically improved it!" Eddie exclaimed with a smile, "What's so great about being normal anyway?"
"I lived most of my life being normal and I enjoyed it! You had no right to destroy it!" She said taking a step towards him angrily. her way was blocked by Harry who stepped in her way. She glared up at him angrily.
"Just remember you voulenteered to take the serum in the first place! It's not our fault that they have terrible security." Eddie said trying his best to antagonize her.
"Eddie stop it, leave her alone." Loki said getting annoyed with Eddie again. Chelsea glared at Eddie over Harry's shoulder before walking back and taking a few deep breaths to calm herself.
"Anything else you guys want to tell me?" Chelsea asked them all.
"Not really. Unless you want to know a secret that your superhero friends have been keeping from you for years." Eddie said casually.
"Eddie! Don't tell her that yet!" Harry said turning around to face Eddie. There was a trace of desperation in his voice that gave away his fear at Chelsea finding out whatever it was they were keeping from her.
"What? Don't tell me what yet?" She asked confusion and curiosity in her brown eyes. Loki gave a sigh on exhaustion.
"Look Chelsea you really don't want to know this yet..." He said his eyes looking away.
"What. What is it?" She asked getting worried now. She needed to know but she feared what she would find out.
Hey Guys!

LOLO
Nocturnal Creatures

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Symbiote's Sting (An Avengers Fanfic) (Please Critique)

Postby Nocturnal Creatures » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:36 am

And that will be all for today! Please enjoy guys I am on my iPod now so that is all the chapters that you will be getting till tomorrow.
Hey Guys!

LOLO
Nocturnal Creatures

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me