Needs A Title - WiP - Please, No Posting

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Needs A Title - WiP - Please, No Posting

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Pony by day, alicorn by night. When one special horse meets a special girl, will the bond they hold be enough to save them and their kind?

Buttercup is not your average pony. As the sun fades she begins her transformation into something magical. Her coat becomes lighter and the hair near her hooves grows longer. Her mane and tail become golden and curly. She sprouts wings and a horn while the ribbon on her tail turns to flowers and settles in her flowing mane and tail. Can this one pony save all the magical creatures? Maybe, but only with the help of a special girl named Lilly.

With the sunrise she becomes a horse again. Her horn and wings vanish and her coat darkens. Her mane and tail shorten themselves and darken, while the flowers that rested in them turn back to a bright blue ribbon again. Her blue eyes fade to brown and in this form she is discovered by Lilly, but why?

A young girl by day, a sweet fairy by night. Can Lilly and Buttercup really save their kind?

Lilly thought she was normal, until her twelfth birthday. On that night something magical happened. As the sun went down she sprouted pink wings and her simple dress became a gown. Her slippers and gloves went from white to pink and she was visited by two creatures like herself. She was presented with a snow-white tiara and told that she was the fairy princess. What was this young fairy’s destiny? Only one pony could help her discover the truth.

As the night faded Lilly became herself again. Her wings disappeared and her gloves and slippers faded back to white. Her gown returned to a simple dress, and her tiara vanished before her eyes. What could this mean? Was she destined for greatness or was she cursed for all eternity to live as a fairy by night alone?

Please do not post comments here. PM me with any input you have. Thank you.
PM me any title suggestions as well.
Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

The Pumpkin Queen | ∑a∂ µa††er | DolphinGirl4Ever
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Needs A Title - WiP - Please, No Posting

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:24 pm

Chapter 1

Buttercup was resting in the forest, awaiting her transformation. I must be special, she thought. I become an alicorn at sundown. Most horses here become either unicorns or pegasi, but not alicorns. Am I the ruler of these horses?

No, she thought. I can’t be the ruler of them, can I? Maybe I have a special purpose that requires me to be an alicorn. But what could it be? The sun was slowing dipping behind the trees. Dusk was arriving and Buttercup was transforming.

That’s better, she thought as her earthy brown coat faded to white. There’s nothing wrong with my coat during the day, but I do prefer to be white. I find it more beautiful. She did look beautiful. With a shimmering white coat and golden hair that almost glowed in the moonlight, she looked like a princess.

Once her wings and horn had appeared, she galloped into the forest. There was to be a gathering tonight, but she didn’t know why. Something very important must be going on. she thought as she raced through the trees. This gathering was called only yesterday, and they are usually called at least a week in advance for magical beings that are on trips.

There were many regions in the enchanted forest where Buttercup lived. In fact, the forest surrounded the entire nearby town of Moonstone. It was a large town compared to some that bordered the other side of the forest. Magical beings would often scout these towns to watch for any signs of trouble. There was often none, so magical beings were free to change when the sun went down, but not before.

By now, Buttercup had reached the gathering. Almost every being was there. There were elves, fairies, unicorns and pegasi, but Buttercup was the only alicorn. She felt singled out as she walked to her place in the ancient circle. I wish I wasn’t different. she thought, then she changed her mind quickly. But being different is a good thing, I should embrace it. And embrace it she did.

As she finished her thoughts, the council leaders approached the circle. They discussed something for a short while, then the head counselor made an announcement. “The fairy princess has been found.” he said.

The fairy princess? thought Buttercup. I didn’t know there was such a thing. Once everyone had settled down, for some were quite excited at this news, the head counselor dismissed them. “Except for you, Buttercup,” he said as she turned to go.

“Yes, counselor?”

“You have been chosen to meet the fairy princess.”

“How will I know it is her?”

“You will know. She will come to you in a few days’ time. You must be ready to fulfill your destiny.” he spoke with clarity and wisdom.

“I am ready.” replied Buttercup.

With that, the counselors dismissed her and she returned to her favorite spot for the rest of the night. What is my destiny? she thought as she drifted off to sleep, dreaming of a fairy princess.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

The Pumpkin Queen | ∑a∂ µa††er | DolphinGirl4Ever
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Needs A Title - WiP - Please, No Posting

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:27 pm

Chapter 2

Lilly was sitting in a small garden. She had spent another birthday alone. Her parents were always too busy for her, they didn’t even really care about her. They weren’t even her real parents. She never knew her parents; they had deserted her as a baby.

The garden was her favorite place to go when she felt lonely. She would sit in the shade of a tree surrounded by irises, roses and lilies of all different colors. Most of the time, she would imagine she was a fairy flying among the flowers. It brightened her day every time, especially on her birthday.

Lilly had a strange feeling about this birthday, though. She didn’t understand the feeling, but it was there and there was no ignoring it. She didn’t feel like pretending to be a fairy anymore, she wanted to be one. In fact, she felt like she was one.

The sun would be going down soon, so Lilly raced into the small cottage and up to her room. She locked the door for the night to keep out her little brothers. With a sigh, she flopped onto her bed. She had started to pull off her gloves when a winged creature appeared.

"Lilly." I said. "You are the fairy princess, found at last."

He pulled out a silver tiara and placed it gently on her head. Immediately, she started to transform. The sun was setting behind her as she sprouted pink wings. Sparkles surrounded her as her simple dress became a gown and her gloves and slippers became pink. All the while, she was staring at her tiara in the mirror. "What do you mean?" she asked, shocked.

"You are the fairy princess, found after twelve years of searching. You have a destiny to fulfill." said the winged creature that had given her the tiara. "Be safe, my princess." he said before vanishing as the last rays of sun disappeared on the horizon.

How can I be the fairy princess? she wondered. She laid her head on her pillow and drifted off to sleep with her tiara still placed delicately on her head.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---