Story - Need Title!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Story - Need Title!

Postby Fortunea » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:26 am

Hi,
This is a story I'm starting to write. Please comment, and feel free to give me a few tips. Please don't be too harsh as last time I did something like this I got put off for a bit. Thanks! :D Oh, and I don't have a title yet, so further on if you have any ideas feel free to tell me. ;)
Thanks,
Fortunea!

Title ideas:
Forget It: Friday Morning, Riding Lessons!

Laura waited anxiously in the car for her mum to finish her lecture on horse safety. “... make sure you wear your helmet always...” This was Laura’s first time riding, and her mother had taken the time to take a “preparation speech”. “Ok, ok!” Laura exclaimed, shaking her head. “I get the idea.” Laura’s mum, Angela, sighed. She knew she would never convince Laura to miss her first go riding, even with all the lectures in the world. “Alright,” said Angela, admitting defeat. Laura jumped out the car and was racing to the stables before her mum could say “have fun”.

When Laura’s mum had asked her if she wanted riding lessons last week, Laura had been excited ever since. Even at school her teachers had to remind her to listen and work, as she was always daydreaming about ponies. Her friends Olivia, Rebecca and Sarah had said that she didn’t live on earth, she lived on Planet Pony. Laura didn’t mind, though. Laura and her friends all looked different, but made great friends. Laura had long, straight, blond hair and bright blue eyes; Olivia had curly light brown hair that cascaded over her shoulders; Rebecca had black hair that was cut into layers and chocolate brown eyes and Sarah had curly ginger hair with sparkling emerald eyes. All four girls liked horses, but only Rebecca took lessons. “You’ll love it,” she had told Laura the other day. “It’s the best thing in the world!”

A few minutes later, Laura was so absorbed in the stallion that she didn’t notice footsteps coming behind her. “Amazing,” a woman said behind her. Laura spun around to face the woman. Slightly startled by the movement, Midnight retreated back into his stall. “Hello,” said the woman. “My name is Sophie, and I’m your instructor for today.” The woman, or Sophie, had a kind smile and mousey brown hair. “The horse you were patting there, Midnight, hasn’t let anyone near him since he arrived here. What did you do?” Sophie asked, looking at Laura. “Well, nothing really...” Laura explained, fiddling with her gloves. Sophie, seeing Laura’s discomfort, changed the subject. “Let’s get you ready for your lesson then ... sorry, what’s your name?”
“Laura,” Laura replied, looking at Sophie. Sophie went over to a piece of paper stuck to the wall. “Ah, here we go!” she said, pointing at Laura’s name. “You’re on Happy today.” Sophie strode into the tack room and emerged with Happy’s bridle. She grinned. “I’ll teach you how to put on a bridle,” she said, still smiling. Laura grinned back, following Sophie down the grand stable block.

“Here we are.” Sophie announced, opening the stable door. Inside was a small dapple grey pony with so much fluffy mane you could only just see his eyes. “This is Happy,” Sophie began, taking his worn rug off. “He’s what we call a bombproof pony. Do you know what that means?” Laura nodded. She had read in a book that a bombproof pony was a pony that was scared or spooked by very little. They were best for people who had never ridden before. Sophie put the reins over Happy’s head and slipped the halter off. She then slipped the bit into his mouth, put his ears through it and did up the noseband and throat latch. Quickly checking the girth and stirrup length, Sophie led Happy out of the stable. Laura grinned and followed.
Last edited by Fortunea on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
:)
Fortunea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: My story-comments and critique welcome

Postby Fortunea » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:08 am

Bump. Please comment!
Fortunea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fortunea » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:37 am

Bump...
Fortunea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellie! » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:55 am

Hullo, I appreciate the beginning of your story, as much as it's written. I just have a little comment: I look exactly like Rebecca is described!!! Again, the story's great. Bloomin' great. And I have an idea for a title, although I'm unsure if it fits. "Friday morning, riding lessons!"

~Forget It~
-------------------------------
i've been really inactive for the last 2 or 3 years,
but i regularly check my pms. if you need any
help, please send me a message! i'll be glad to
do anything i can to help. <3

-------------------------------
ellie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fortunea » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:51 am

@ Forget It, thanks! I look like Rebecca in my story too, just with hazel eyes. :lol: Though the girl I know called Rebecca looks nothing like that... Thanks for the title idea, I'll note it down!

Third Paragraph coming soon!
Fortunea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fortunea » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:50 pm