-Free- - Laugh's Story

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

-Free- - Laugh's Story

Postby Alnitak » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:44 am

I have wrote quite a lot of stories. Several I have not posted, nor made a commitment to, so this one, I have decided I will. It is a pet journal. So I give you, the begining of
'-Free-'.

ImageImage
Dear Journal,
Ok, I don't know WHY I chose to write in you, because what if someone caught me with this? My life wouldn't be worth living. I found this at the back of the old barn. It was dusty. So I cleaned it up with a rag.

Oh! Let me introduce myself. My name is Laugh. Yeah, I know, stupid name. Deal. With. It.

-----------------

Woke up early in the morning, not really wanting to leave the warmth of my bed. But, dad insisted. Oh, here's a picture of dad.
I groaned, staring at the stable and the animal pens.
Yeah, I live on a farm.
I grabbed the food for each of the animals and threw it into each animals pen.
'Papa says you shouldn't feed the animals like that.' My little sister, Rosie, scolded in a babyish voice, even though she doesn't really speak like that, she said it like that just to torment me. I felt like grabbing her by the jumper and throwing her into the pig feed, but I held back, beacuse dad was watching from the window, and it didn't look pretty.
Rosie gave an evil-ish smirk and padded inside.
I groaned, throwing potato peelings at her back. She burst out crying, running inside.
I rolled my eyes and plodded inside, dad picking the potato peelings off Rosie's back, mom giving me an angry glare.
I slumped down on the scratched sofa, both cats lounging on it, without a care in the world. One of them, Shadow crawled onto my knee, and I sighed and stroked him.
ImageImageImage
Shadow (The black cat) mewed, leaping from my knee and lapping up some water from the bowl. Cheshire mewed, leaping on my knee, but not sitting down, she leant over, and began lapping at the milk from my cereal bowl. I shooed her off and dumped my cereal in the bin. There was no way I was gonna eat THAT.
'What have I told you about being mean to your sister?' Mom scolded, after a looonnnggg silence.
'What? She was mean to me.' I snapped filling up that cats' food bowls.
'No she wasn't. She's only 3.' She told, lifting Rosie up.
'She can be 12 for all I care.' I growled, picking up my school bag and stuffing my coat on, running to the door. 'Laugh! Apologise to your sister.'
'No! She is a spoiled brat.' I snapped, running out the door, leaping onto the bus just in time and paying for my fare.
'Hah! Look! The farm girl is late again.' Laughed Star.
She is the most popular in school, and she's annoying.
'Whats the matter, Laugh? Don't know how to laugh? Hahhaha!'
I growled. I grabbed my textbook from my backpack, spun around, and slapped her in the face with it. I got off early, and walked the rest of the way to school.
'Stupid. Stupid Star. Haha. Stupid Star. Genius. I'm gonna call her that all month. See how SHE likes it.' I told myself.
'Hum.'
I spun around. 'Must be loosing my mind.' I told myself.
'Hum. Hum.'
There it was again. I growled, pulling out my dads earplugs from my pocket at stuffing them in my ears.
'HUM HUM.'
I growled, and ran to school.
I got inside early, and put everything away, placing my books on the desk.
'Hum hum hum hum HUM.'
'THATS IT. SHOW YOURSELF!'
'Geez no need to yell.
A young girl stepped out.
'Wh... who are you?' I asked.
Last edited by Alnitak on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"Go out in the world, start over again and again,
As many times as you can."
Alnitak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: -Free- - Laugh's Story

Postby Alnitak » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:43 am

Dear Journal,

'I am War.'
'War? Like, World War?'
'Yes.'
'Oh.'

That was mainly the only conversation I had all day. I'm not too much the chatty type. I prefer to lay low, and not draw any attention to myself, even though I'm probably the smartest in school. Star would most likely say that it means i'm 'Geeky.' I'm not a geek. I just pay attention in class.

So, school finished up pretty quickly, 'cause around lunch time it started snowing, and wasn't showing any signs of stopping. Students were instructed to go home, and prevent being snowed in. Everyone was pretty pleased, me especially. War and I have become good friends today, at lunch and break, and we made arrangments for her to come to my place once school was finished.
'So, is your house far away? 'Cause this snow is getting pretty heavy.' She asked, on the walk home. I pulled my umbrella from my backpack. It was solid black with a silver bar and golden painted handle. I handed it to her, and pulled my hood up. It was hard to speak the snow was heavy, but it was just low enough to be able to speak. If you shout.
'I still can't believe its snowing in Febuary.' I called. 'I mean, winter's OVER.'
'Yeah, I know right? Anyway, it getting heavy, and I'm getting a mouthful of snow.' She replied.
After that we both shut up, because our mouths were going cold.

It ended up so cold we went into a small coffee shop in a nearby village. The truth is, school is like 20 miles from my home. We ended up so cold we could barely move our paws. In fact, War was so cold, she couldn't let go of the umbrella I gave him, and the Coffee shop lady had to get her off it. It was pretty funny. While we there we got some hot chocolate, and I phoned dad to pick us up. He was mad because he was in the middle of watching his football match, and wondered why we were not in school. Dad must have thought I'd been ditching school, because when he pulled up he yelled at me for ditching school. War tried to explain that school had closed because of the blizzard, but dad didn't want to hear it. So we just bundled into the car, but not before I nagged dad to turn the heating on. It was pretty warm in the car, and we were home in half an hour, and would have been two HOURS if we'd walked.

I guess War wasn't expecting me to live on a farm, because she had a pretty big shock. 'Y... You live on a farm.'
'Yeah. Oh, my parants are loosers, and shouty.' I told her.
'Hey!' Dad growled, slapping my shoulder.
I groaned.
'Bring the animals in before you come in.' Dad instructed.
'What? Why me?'
'Because.'
'Humph.'
I grabbed the animal feed, feeding all the animals, which took half an hour and then led them into their indoor enclosures. Before I started feeding them, I told War she could go inside and grab a mug of hot chocolate.
Well I wish I hadn't. While I was freezing my paws off, she was sat by the fire, drinking a nice warm mug of hot cocoa. I pounded my boots on the driveway and doormat, angrily trying to get rid of the snow, I accidently broke one of moms plantpots. I realised there was one exactly the same on the other side of the doorway, and grabbed them both, stuffing them at the very back of the stable, with the pile of broken equipment.

Last bumped by Alnitak on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:43 am.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"Go out in the world, start over again and again,
As many times as you can."
Alnitak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me