End is Here {story}

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

End is Here {story}

Postby Azalaya » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:18 am

{This story is my CampNanoWriMo entry...hopefully you guys like}

My family sat around the fire. Laughter filled the cold,still air. It was the day of my 15th birthday,when everything changed. The trees fell around us and the world turned dark. A blood,curling scream escaped my throat.

I sat up suddenly and glanced around. My clothes were tight against my skin from sweat. Tears welded up in my eyes as I remembered my dream. It wasn't just a dream,it was a memory of what happened a year ago. Life had been different since that day for me. I had solid,black hair,golden,brown eyes,and a more slimmer body. Much different from the way I was before The Light. Standing up,I muttered,"Another day of hell and fighting to survive." It was a hard life,you never knew if you would survive the day,or die a horrible death.

My feet ached as I started to walk around. My eyes burned as I watched the sun rise. It wasn't until I heard a rustle,when I noticed the wolf. His dark,red eyes glared at me. Creeping towards me,I growled like an animal. A wolf was the last thing I needed today. The wolf lunged at my throat and I ducked. Grabbing it's neck,I brought it down. "It's a fight survival. You made a mistake picking your victim." I said as I killed the poor wolf. It wasn't like I wanted to. My life was just to important to me. The Light had caused destruction and killed millions. Since then,I couldn't find any other survivors.There was only me... A little girl who used to be scared of her own shadow.

Picking up the wolf,I headed towards the river. My knife bounced against my skin as I walked. It was nearly dark by the time I had gotten to the river. Setting the wolf down,I grabbed my knife and started cutting the pelt off. Being my first kill,I wasn't as skilled in cutting it off. The pelt layed on the ground,tore from my "attempts" to cut it off. Finally giving up,I curled into a ball and fell asleep. Unaware that I was being watched.

When I woke up,my hands were tied behind my back.Struggling,I yelled,"Who's there?" In responce,I got a grunt."Fine,don't tell me,it's not like you tied me up when I was sleeping."Laughter filled the room and a boy,my age,stepped out.My eyes widened and I looked down.He was well built,had bright,blue eyes,and dark,creamy brown hair.His voice went with it all,"Okay kitty,explain to me this.Why did I find you with a knife and sleeping on a dead wolf pelt?"My face burned red,"Easy,I killed the wolf,attempted to get the pelt,and ended up falling asleep.Wait,did you just call me kitty?"The boy smiled,"Sounds about normal.Oh I"m Dagger Justin Delign."he said ignoring my question.I huffed,"Raven Marie Silence."Dagger nodded and untied my hands.His eyes constantly meeting mine and making me blush.My whole body shivered and I stood up,"It was great to meet you Dagger,but I have to go."Walking towards the door,I saw him reach over and grab my hand."Wait,I need some company.It's been a year and you're the first other human I have seen"

Hesitation flooded over me.He was right after all.After 1 year,he was the only other human I had seen."Fine,I'll stay,but let me make one thing clear.DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO."Dagger smiled,"Okay kitty,whatever you say shall be my command."Crossing my arms,I actually took time and glanced around.An old MP3 player caught my eye.Turning it on,music started to play.Dagger walked over and started singing to me,"I'm so addicted to,all the things you do..."Smiling,I sat down and watched him carefully.Before I knew it,he was sitting beside me.Blushing,I looked down at the wood floor.His eyes looked at me concerned and he lifted my head up.Looking into my eyes,he said,"Listen Raven,you can leave if you want.It was just overwhelming meeting another person.I guess I let myself slip and needed to be around more people."

My reply was a little to fast."NO!I mean I don't mind being here."I said and watched him.He brushed back my hair,"Oh good,for you I mean.You have a new protector."He said hugging me.Pushing him back,I held my arms.Fear crossed my eyes from the friendly gesture."Sorry,I'm used to being alone." Dagger nodded and sighed,"Sorry kitty."Darkness filled the room and I pulled my feet up."Good night Dagger."I said and went to sleep.

The morning started out normally.Except for the fact I had Dagger tagging along.He watched me carefully,almost like a dog watching a cat."Excuse me Dagger but can you please stop that?" Freezing,Dagger looked at me,"Oh sorry,just trying to learn more about you."A smile crept across my face as I walked over to him.My face turned a bright red as I spoke."Dagger tell me about you." "Okay what do you want to know?" he asked. "How old are you?" "17,a year older than you." "Okay,did you ever have a girlfriend?I mean before The Light." "No,I never did.Unless you are interested." This answer surprised me the most.Taking a breath,I shook my head."Dagger,I am not looking for a relationship yet.The Light has changed everything and it's everyone for themselves.Don't thing that it's you,because I REALLY like you."I sighed.Dagger looked down,"Kitty,I understand I really do.You clearly had trouble telling me that too"I growled,"It's been a day since you kidnapped me and begged me to stay.I'm clearly having trouble from holding back the urge to kill you!"I snapped.

My hand shot up to my mouth as soon as I said it.Shaking my head,I squeked out,"Dagger I didn't mean it."His cold gaze looked straight through me."Don't come back kitty or next time I will kill you."he growled.I stood there stunned as he turned and left.My feet got heavy and I dropped to the ground.Once again I was a weak,helpless,little girl who bit off to much than she could chew.Night slowly drawled in as I sat there for hours.Wishing I could reverse the clock and get Dagger back.It was impossible to do that though.Well that's what I thought until I saw a spark of flame erupt from my hand.It bounced to a stick and flickered softly.It was out as quickly as it was lit and I sighed.It was a simple trick of the eye,and it managed to fool me.

╔═══════════╗
Vet Tech Student
Cat Mom to Luna
Click the Moon&Stars
╚══════════════╝

Azalaya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups