Scripts for ~yet to be named~

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Scripts for ~yet to be named~

Postby Small Child » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:05 pm

This is where I will be posting the scripts for a zombie mini-series I will be doing with a few friends, three of which are here on CS.
Riley is played by me.
Alisha is played by hazel;
Sheena is played by Wolf of the forest.
And Amy will be played by kayc rox.

You may make comments on what you do and do not like, but do not be rude, we don't need that. I know the format is not proper for a series script, but we have only worked with stage scripts, and I find that this is consise and easy to read. Enjoy!
Any name suggestions would also be very helpful.
Small Child

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Scripts for ~yet to be named~ first ep wip

Postby Small Child » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Character descriptions;
Riley-
Riley is a full hardy, quick to anger, disconcerted girl. Due to this apocalypse, she has become cold, officious, and discourteous, not caring for the emotional state of others. If her well-being, or the group’s safety, is compromised, she will take a stand, and strike out anyone who does something wrong. It’s not unlikely that she kill you. She has dark brown hair that throws off red high lights in the sun, she is thin, and of average height. She has freckles, and dark eyes, and a full mouth. She has an expressive face, and is not one for smiling these days.
Sheena-
Sheena is shy, quiet and not one to talk much, always thinking ahead and trying to think things through before doing anything. Not the best runner, but if she knows what she is doing, you can guarantee it done. Sheena knows how to survive in tough conditions, she even knows first aid.

Alisha –
A real sarcastic jokester who laughs at almost anything. Since the zombie outbreak, she has become much more serious and is very questioning about everything. She is extremely cold to new people in the group, they have to prove themselves before she respects them. Although she lost her sense of humour because of the outbreak, she still gives out sarcastic remarks when they're not needed. She gives you this weird stare when she disapproves of something, her scary blue eyes don't help in making the expression any less cold, either.
Last edited by Small Child on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Small Child

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Scripts for ~yet to be named~ 1st episode

Postby Small Child » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:48 am

First Episode run-down
Introduction to the apocalypse. Sheena and Alisha are walking to school, and turn the corner at the top of the street. There they run into Riley, who promptly aims a gun at them, asking ‘Are either of you bit?’
The two don’t know about it yet, as it has not hit this area at all, and has not been advertised as an outbreak, rather massacres. Riley asks them to take her to their home, either one, and they do, fearing danger. Once off Alisha’s street, Riley manages to take own a walker, which frightens the other two. They get into Alisha’s house, where her younger step-siblings are. They have been turned, and Riley gets rid of them making Alisha upset. Riley closes and locks windows and doors, and explains what is happening. The other two urge her to tell her what has happened to her, and she does, saying she was in the CBD, and the outbreak occurred, people going crazy on the streets, screams and horror. She only managed to escape by taking the guns off of a police man who was already dead.
She made it here by some miracle, but it appears the outbreak had come this way too. Sheena comes up with a plan to get her brother’s rifle from her place, and says that they should head towards the bush. They all agree, and Riley gives one of the pistols to Alisha.
They start to make their way to the bush, going down Rebecca’s street, to pick up the rifle. She comes out with it, and they turn a corner at the park. Episode cuts off with the three of them turning a corner, and running into a boy.

EPISODE ONE
Alisha and Sheena are in Alisha’s house. It is clean and tidy, and the girls are laughing. Slow pan across to where they are sitting, playing with a cat. The ginger and white cat is scratching at their hands, and they are putting them over her. Sheena looks at her phone, and stands up, grabbing at her bag. Camera angle is on their side.
SHEENA: We’re going to be late for school if we don’t go now.
ALISHA: Who needs school? I have a stupid math test today, so….
SHEENA: Lisha, come on. I don’t want to be late.
ALISHA: Then you go.
SHEENA: I’ll sit on you.
ALISHA: (Looks up at SHEENA, before rolling her eyes) Oh, boo hoo.
SHEENA: (Sits on ALISHA) Come on!
ALISHA: Get off you fat lump! I need to be able to breath to get to school! (Pushes off SHEENA, and stand up.) Let’s go then. If it’s so important to you.
SHEENA: I always win.
ALISHA: Only because of your fat butt.
SHEENA: Play nice, now, or I’ll get Willow to eat you.
ALISHA: (Pushing open the front door) Please, the thing would eat herself if she could!
SHEENA: True, true. She’s got bipolar or something, though. She’s as nuts as her owner.
ALISHA: (Punches SHEENA)
SHEENA: Was that supposed to hurt?
ALISHA: Shut up!
(There is a pause at the end of the street, before they turn the corner. It is quiet, and Alisha readjusts her bag straps. A figure is seen walking behind them, stumbling, but the girls do not realise.)
ALISHA: It’s… too quiet. Do you reckon something’s going to happen?
SHEENA: (Looks at ALISHA as though she’s crazy.) You’re crazy. It’s just our area for you. You’re too used to the city noises.
ALISHA: (Thinks for a moment.) I… I think I like it out here. It feels like it has been more than a month, but I guess the city had rubbed off on me.
SHEENA: Yeah, stupid city slickers in fast cars.
ALISHA: Suburban hicks and their horses.
SHEENA: We don’t ride horses!
(They turn a corner, and see a girl running down the street, with what appears to be dirt and blood over her body. The two drop their bags, calling out, asking if she’s okay, but she raises a gun on them.)
RILEY: Are either of you bit?!
SHEENA: What? Bit?
ALISHA: Put the gun down, now. (Raises her hands) We are no threat! It’s okay!
SHEENA: What do you mean? Why are you covered in blood?
RILEY: Just tell me if you have been bitten by a roamer!? Scratched, chewed, anything?! (Aims the gun at one, then the other)
SHEENA: (Steps towards her, hands raised) Hey, what are you talking about?
RILEY: (Somewhat hysterical) Have you been attacked by any of the roamers?!
ALISHA: What’s a roamer? (Almost laughing)
SHEENA: Don’t laugh, you might provoke her…
RILEY: dammit! Just tell me if you’ve been attacked?
ALISHA: No, not by anyone but you, at least.
RILEY: (Sighs, and drops gun.) Is your house secure?
SHEENA: Well, ALISHA’s would be
RILEY: Take me to it. Now.
ALISHA: I’m not taking some loon to my house!
RILEY: You will want this loon around when the walkers show up. (Gets into her face, dark and angry)
SHEENA: Okay, calm down. We can’t right now, we have to get to school. Come with us, if you want, we can get you a taxi, or a bus some-where. Where are you headed?
Riley: (Looking around for zombies.) Uh, anywhere safe. This area, though populated, is a lot less dense, and away, from the city. The CBD is overrun.
ALISHA: Wait, what do you mean?
RILEY: Walkers everywhere… (She makes her way down the road) I’m guessing you’re headed for the highschool? It’s been taken over, I wanted to see if I could get supplies from the canteen. You don’t want to go in there.
SHEENA: (Look at ALISHA and shrug.) The loony needs to give us some kind of an explanation, and we should probably call her a doctor or something.
ALISHA: So long as I don’t have to go to school! Hey, loony! (Runs to catch up with her) What are you planning on doing once you get in my house?
(Riley pauses, and turns to her.)
RILEY: Are there any people in your house? Mother, father maybe?
(Sheena catches up, and points down ALISHA’s drive way, which RILEY heads down, gun up.)
ALISHA: Um, my step siblings are there, for sure. Mum, probably not.
(A walker stumbles out towards them, and ALISHA & SHEENA scream, stepping back.)
Riley: Oh, hell no. They’ve come out this far? (Raises gun, and blasts the walker)
[Side view of the shooting and the walker actor squeezes the pipe when they hear the cap blast]
SHEENA: You just shot that guy! Are you insane?!
Riley: (Turn to face the girls, a scowl on her face.) Keep your voice down, that blast is going to draw in more roamers. If he came out of your house, your siblings may be infected. Keep your voice down, and you- (Points to ALISHA)- take this gun, and you stand here, if any walkers come, just shoot. That was no man. He was dead.
SHEENA: But he was moving!
RILEY: (Clamps hand over her mouth, and shoves her against the fence.) [Camera is in on her face, near SHEENA’s head.] I said keep your voice down. Do you want to die? These are not men, they are walkers, roamers, zombies, whatever the hell tickles your fancy, but they. Are not. Men. Get behind me, and stay low.
(SHEENA nods, and the two walk towards the front door, avoiding the windows. The front door is slightly ajar, and RILEY gently pulls it open. Inside, you can hear the moaning sounds of the children, though more demonic than any human. RILEY waves her hand back, as if by doing so, she is telling SHEENA to stay there. She then proceeds to walk into the room. [Camera angle switches. It is now on her walking in the door, possible positioned at the back door.] She continues in, and pauses by the kitchen, where the moaning sound is coming from. [Camera angle changes, and is now on her opposite side.] She removes a coin from her pocket, and tosses it across the room, where it clatters against the floor. [Camera angle changes, now across the room, so that you can see the children in the kitchen, and RILEY by the ‘hall’. RILEY steps out when both have passed, and shoots them. [The kids will squeeze the balloons here, the pipes being attached to the back of their heads.] SHEENA and ALISHA rush into the room, and ALISHA cries out at the sight of her younger siblings, dropping the pistol. [Camera angle changed to that the children are not in sight, and when ALISHA kneels down, you cannot see her.] She rushes over to them, [changed angle, so that you see ALISHA and the children] and cradles the younger girl to her chest, getting the blood on her shirt. [Camera angle changed, following RILEY.] RILEY walks to the front door and shuts it. She then draws all blinds, and turns off any lights. ()
RILEY: Keep your voice low, those gun shots will draw out any walkers in the area. We might be lucky, and not have many, since we only saw the one. It must have only just reached you out here…
SHEENA: [Camera angle changes to face SHEENA] (Somewhat hysterical.) Stop! You are killing everyone, and you don’t even seem to care!
RILEY: [camera angle changes to see RILEY’s face, which is angry, and her hand raises to hold the gun towards SHEENA] I am not killing people. They are already dead! Now, you keep you-
SHEENA: Voice down, I know! You can’t waltz in here and expect us all to be okay with what you’re doing! You can’t order us around! You’re a murderer and I am calling the cops! (Runs to landline phone, and lifts it to her ear) [Camera angle on her face, panning outwards] (Her face changes from angry to scared/shocked.) The phones don’t work…
ALISHA: (Tearfully, looking up from her siblings)[Camera angle is now on her] What?
SHEENA: [camera switch] The phone isn’t working… Alisha… Get that gun… (Eyes on RILEY)
[camera angle is now low, to see ALISHA’s hand, and the gun near it. RILEY and SHEENA can be seen, SHEENA taking tentative steps away from RILEY.]
ALISHA: What? [Camera is now on her, but switches back to the previous angle upon next line of dialogue.]
SHEENA: Get… the gun… (Eyes still fixed on RILEY)
ALISHA: [switches to previous angle] (Reaches for the gun, and aims it at RILEY)
[View is now behind the standing ALISHA, so the hand holding the gun is seen, and RILEY is seen.]
RILEY: (Hands up) You’re just killing yourselves. Believe me. I’ve seen what those… things do. I’m not stupid. I need to prove it now don’t I?
[Camera angle switches to SHEENA’s face, to ALISHA’s]
SHEENA: How?
[Camera is now on RILEY.]
RILEY: Have you caught the news lately? About the so-called massacres? They aren’t massacres. They’re the feastings. Check YouTube.
[Camera angle changes to follow SHEENA as she pulls out her laptop, and presses keys randomly. Screaming is heard from it, and SHEENA looks up at RILEY, then to SHEENA. She nods, and ALISHA drops the gun.]
ALISHA: You mean…?
RILEY: [Angle on her face] Welcome to the apocalypse girls.
[Angle changes to follow ALISHA as she walks over to SHEENA, and watches the video.]
ALISHA: That’s… How?
[Camera angle is now on RILEY, as she sits on the floor, resting against the bench. She puts her knees up, and drapes her arms across them, her face sort of sad.]
RILEY: Two weeks ago, I was in school. An alarm went off, and we were told to get under the desks, y’know, a lock down. We heard guns, and firing, and… My friend Amy, she stood up. Stupid girl. I told her not to. I told her to stay with me. But she stood up. One of those things came into the class room. She dropped back down to me, but it had seen her. It came over, and grabbed her. I tried to hold her, I did, but it had her, had her tight. I didn’t want to let her die. But her hand slipped out of mine, and I screamed. I stood, I ran. I grabbed a school bag, don’t even know whose. I went to the manual arts block first. People were panicking, and people were dying. I was numb to it, though. She’d died, and I couldn’t stop seeing that thing drag her away from me. I don’t know, I guess I was in shock or something. I took as many tools from the shed there as possible, and I found her. I’d spent so much time panicking, I hadn’t heard her walk in. She looked like it now. Her hair was all… loose, and her face a gash in it, and I knew she’d probably kill me. So I ran… I didn’t have the heart to kill her. I couldn’t do that. She was my best friend.
I found a house, and I stayed in there for a while. The radio was on, and it said that Russia had developed a… necrotic. It killed people, ate at their flesh, and killed their brain cells. It was a mutated form of Krokodile. I have killed so many of those things. I can’t even begin to think how many people are dead…
**See next scene for flash back**
[camera angle now on the other two, ALISHA slowly closes the laptop]
ALISHA: You’re not lying, are you?
[camera angle on RILEY]
RILEY: If I had anything to gain from coming all the way out here, it’s a group to survive with. Lying isn’t going to get me anywhere.
[angle on the other girls]
SHEENA: Are you hurt? By the things?
RILEY: No. [angle changes] (Smirks) I’m not stupid.
SHEENA: Okay…
ALISHA: We’re sorry.
[On RILEY]
RILEY: You can’t do anything about it. But you can help me now. What are you girls good at?
[On the girls, who look at each other.]
SHEENA: I know first aide, and how to survive in the bush for a while. I did scouts.
ALISHA: I’m book smart, if that helps. I can tell you what’s what.
[on RILEY]
RILEY: That’ll work. Either of you know how to fire a gun?
[On girls, who both shake their heads. Back to RILEY.]
RILEY: We’ll fix that later. Right now we need to get supplies together, and secure this place. (Stands and grabs her bag, opening the cupboard in the kitchen, pulling out dry foods and things.)
[On ALISHA]
ALISHA: What? You can’t take my food!
[On SHEENA]
SHEENA: Maybe we should listen to her. You saw the video. She seems to know what she is doing.
ALISHA: But… we can’t stay here.
[On RILEY, who turns.]
RILEY: What do you mean?
ALISHA: It’s too small. If those things get in there, we’re screwed. There is no back exit, and we don’t have a view of the street. We won’t be able to see the… things.
RILEY: (pause.) I guess you’re right, but what do you suggest?
[On SHEENA]
SHEENA: We go bush.
[RILEY and ALISHA]
RILEY: What?
ALISHA: Actually, that’s a good idea. We could get high, and build some kind of tree house, or something.
RILEY: Again, what?
{On SHEENA}
SHEENA: We go into the bushland down near my street. There’s a mulberry tree there, and it’s Summer. We’ll have food from that. Plus, there would be other plants we could eat, and animals to catch.
[On RILEY]
RILEY: We’ll need lots of supplies. What have you two got in your school bags?
ALISHA: Books, laptops, food, pens?
RILEY: Keep it all. We’ll save the energy on your laptops for light, and internet access. Keep us up to date. We could burn your books in a fire. Pens… We’ll figure something out, but the food is obvious. We should also take tools, non-perishable foods…
[on SHEENA]
SHEENA: What about my brother’s rifle? And there are loads of tools and things at my place.
[On ALISHA]
ALISHA: We’ll take what we need, and what we can carry. Let’s grab clothes too, and lots of water bottles.
RILEY: Right. And lighters or matches. Have you got any?
(ALISHA nods.)
ALISHA: There’s a lighter around here somewhere.
RILEY: Good. Start packing. You (points at SHEENA) too. We’ll head to your place later, get that rifle. Get any rounds?
[On SHEENA, who is stuffing the laptop back into the bag]
SHEENA: I don’t know, probably. My dad has a box full somewhere. Maybe some hand gun rounds, I don’t know.
(The next few scenes are spent on the girls packing. RILEY is washing her arms and face off in the bathroom, when the girls walk in.)
RILEY: (Pushing hair back) What?
SHEENA: Who are you?
RILEY: Someone trying to survive.
ALISHA: What’s your name?
RILEY: (pauses.) RILEY ARMADAS. What’re your names? (Turn to face them)
SHEENA: SHEENA NATEY.
ALISHA: ALISHA WARY.
RILEY: There, we have names. What’d you really come in her for?
ALISHA & SHEENA: (Pause)
RILEY: (Stand up and face them properly.) Spit it out, we haven’t got all day. They come out at night.
[Angle is now on the two girls in the door way, who are shuffling awkwardly. Eventually SHEENA steps forwards]
SHEENA: Well… we wanted to know… what you are going to do if you ever see Amy.
[Camera is now on RILEY, who is stony faced, and she glances to the roof for a minute]
RILEY: I’ll kill her. She’s not Amy anymore. Get out of my way, and stop lazing around. We need to move.
[RILEY pushes out between them, muttering about how they should leave, [which is seen as the camera on her as she storms out of the bathroom] and the two girls remain in the room for a second.]
ALISHA: Smooth moves jackass.
SHEENA: What?
ALISHA: The chick is crazy, it’s kind of easy to think she’ll kill us.
SHEENA: What the hell? Dude, chill. Let’s go.
(Both exit. [Camera angle is now out the front door, where RILEY exits, backpack on, and gun in hands, stooped.] The other two follow, SHEENA empty handed. All three have back packs on. [Camera follows them as they exit down the drive way, but changes to watch them make their way down the road. They stop at the road. RILEY stared down both ends, and turns back to SHEENA. Camera is on RILEY.]
RILEY: Your house is down that narrow street?
[On SHEENA, who is standing next to ALISHA.]
SHEENA: Yeah, why?
[RILEY]
RILEY: If we run into a herd, it could be trouble…
[Back on the two.]
ALISHA: Herd? I thought they were zombies? (Joking inflection, she is smiling)
[RILEY]
RILEY: (Glaring) I’m not talking about cattle, smart one, they travel in groups. (Shakes her head, and turns to move off.)
[Camera now on the three of them moving, further down Frawley, RILEY in the front. SHEENA points to an area off camera, and RILEY nods. SHEENA runs out of camera sight to pick up cap rifle which is on the ground somewhere nearby for easy access. Camera is now on the two outside, ALISHA close to RILEY.]
ALISHA: I came from the city. (Attempting to imply something)
RILEY: (Looks at her) Good for you. (Expression is sort of angry, and her head turns back to face where SHEENA stands off camera, waiting for the cue.)
ALISHA: I mean, I was there recently.
RILEY: (Still not looking at her) Again, good for you. Why should I care?
ALISHA: (Looks at ground, subtext being whether she is going to ask the question or not. She looks back up to where SHEENA stands, and sighs.) Do you believe in miracles? Or fate?
RILEY: (Smirks, before frowning again.) Not anymore. Look at what’s happening. I don’t know how you two are so comfortable with it so soon.
ALISHA: I think it hasn’t set in yet… We haven’t come to terms with the fact that dead people are walking around, ha… (Half laughs and looks to the ground again, before lifting her head to RILEY) How long did it take you to be comfortable with it?
[Camera changes to follow SHEENA jog over with rifle in hand. It changes back to RILEY]
RILEY: Who said I was? (Walk out of camera sight. Camera now on SHEENA, who steps up to ALISHA)
SHEENA: What did you say to piss her off? Further, I mean, if that’s possible.
ALISHA: I asked her if she believed in miracles.
[Camera changes to follow them as they walk through the trees. RILEY is aiming the gun around, but stops and leans against a tree. Camera angle on RILEY, but some feet away, so that ALISHA and SHEENA are still in shot.]
RILEY: Okay, now we’re out here, we better set up some kind of camp… Maybe, further into the trees, in some kind of clearing?
SHEENA: There’s one that way. (Points with rifle, which RILEY scowls at.)
RILEY: Let’s go then. [All set off. Camera is now on them walking through the patchy bit next to ALISHA’s drive. The come around the tree, running into AIDEN, causing one of the girls to cry out, and RILEY to raise the gun to his face. He raises his hands, and it is silent. Camera swaps from his face to the girls’.]

END

Last bumped by Small Child on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:48 am.
Small Child

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me