The S.M.I.L.E.S Project (No Posting!)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

The S.M.I.L.E.S Project (No Posting!)

Postby chupacabras » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:16 pm

Blurry shapes dance and twist around my vision, and I struggle to focus. There's something important I'm supposed to remember... But the thought slips out of my head as soon as it enters. My head feels so heavy, maybe I could just rest it here on the cool metal. My eyelids are like 2-ton blocks, and I can't keep them up. I've gotta remember, gotta fight...
    The clatter of metal on metal rings out, jerking my eyes open from their descent into sleep. My arms jerk up involuntarily, but they can't. Clamps are biting into them whichever way I move, and my head is clear now, oh yes. Whipping my head around, I see the metal table I'm strapped to, a door, and... in the corner, the darkest corner... light is reflecting off eyes, or goggles, or whatever they are. I can't see the owner of said eyes, and I'm not sure I want to. Do I want to?
    But, oh, here it comes, a paw slides out of the shadows, and next a ruined snout. Googles dominate the top half of it's face, but the bottom half is horrible enough. Huge fangs jut out at a slight angle, protruding from a mouth that looks permanently twisted into a smile. The thing approaches closer, and I see the stitches then. The ears don't match, and are tattered into the point of ripping halfway through. After it's head appears out of the darkness, legs, or I should say a leg, follows. The other "leg" is more like a stump with fur hanging off, and the stitching is visible around it. Next, the back legs. Thumping ensues as a hoofed leg and some sort of robotic appendage are moved with some huffing from the creature. If I weren't strapped down to a metal table, it would have been almost comical.
    And still it approaches.
    The creature reaches me, and I can practically taste it's hot, humid breath. Fear presses against my insides, twisting and twirling them around like spaghetti on a fork. A whimper escapes my tightly pressed lips, and as it sounds in the oddly quiet room, The ever-present grin on this thing's face seems to grow wider.
    In one solid movement, it sweeps it's googles off. Harsh lighting reveals his mad eyes, one large and blue, the other just a pinprick of a pupil, both staring at me with utmost interest.
    "Hello."
---------------------------------------
Would love some critique on this! If you have any, please pm it to me c:
You will remember me for centuries
chupacabras

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The S.M.I.L.E.S Project Chapter 2

Postby chupacabras » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:05 pm

My breathe catches in my throat. This is not a voice coming out of him (the voice can only be described as masculine), this is a primal growl with a slight english accent. An English accent, of all things. Hilarious. I think flatly. I find my voice, and it comes out cracked and squeaky.
    "What are you?" My eyes dart all around, taking it all in. He smiles.
    "Me? Well, well, a curious test subject for once. Usually you little guys just shiver and occasionally vomit. The fun ones try to escape. As for what I am... well, nobody knows that but my creator, and I think you can guess what happened to him." The thing winked. "Since I'm hoping you'll be one of our... long term guests, you may call me Smiley."
    "S-smiley?" I ask cautiously. "Ok, Smiley, why am I here? You said test subjects?"
    "Why do you expect me to tell you why you exist on the earth?' he grins, apparently pleased with his avoidance of my question. "I suppose you'll find out about our other guests eventually, but not now." He pinched my cheek in a teasing gesture, almost drawing blood. "But how about instead of meeting all those new friends, I'll introduce you to my friend instead." Looking towards the metal door I had noticed before, Smiley trots over, walking stiffly on his robotic leg. Opening the door, he peeks his head out and shouts, "Watch! Come on in, our newest guest is awake!"
    And in enters the strangest dog I have ever laid my eyes on. He stumbles in, green eyes glowing, and looks me over. "A bit on the scrawny side, eh Watch?" he mutters. "No matter." A luminescent green watch swings from his neck. my eyes are drawn to it, and I can't seem to stop looking at it... But no, I pull my eyes away. The odd wolf's two tails whip from side to side, and he approaches me and circles, poking and prodding me. "Yes, No matter, it'll do for the S.M.I.L.E.S program."
    "W-what? What is the Smiles program?' I ask, alarmed. Will I end up like Smiley? "Is the Smiles program bad?"
    "Oh yes." Watch replies, not even looking at my face.
    "Why?"
    "Well, my dear subject..." Watch and Smiley synchronize their voice uncannily, it's almost frightening. Smiley grins excitedly.
    "Once you're in the S.M.I.L.E.S Program, you're never leaving."
chupacabras

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The S.M.I.L.E.S Project Chapter 3

Postby chupacabras » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Smiley sighs.
"It's almost a waste of meat, but it's for the sake of scientific exploration." He pauses, looking towards a clock hanging from a nail on the wall. "And, on that note, it seems to be time for you to discover your new housings and to meet a new friend. Oh, Cyborg!" he calls. A slight clanging follows, and the door opens. The dim lighting shows nothing but a one-eared head peering from behind the door. Cyborg enters, and it's not hard to tell why they call her that. She timidly comes and produces a rag from a tray on the opposite side of the cart. I can guess what she's going to do, I can see it in her guilt-ridden eyes.
The purple and green cyborg creature presses the rag to my nose. I try and swat it away, forgetting my arms are cuffed. They become heavier and heavier...my head is filled thick wool, muffling my thoughts. My eyes close, just for a second.

I'm waking up, not like last time, I can remember what happened, but it's just like how hard getting up for school on a cold morning in a warm bed. But I'm not on a warm bed, I'm in a large metal cage covered only by a thin hospital gown. When I sit up, I bang my head on the ceiling. It makes a loud noise. A cacophony of frightened noises burst out from surrounding cages, enveloping me temporarily in a blanket of sound. I have a headache. I study the room I am in, but there is not much to take note of. Cages identical to mine line the walls, some occupied, some not. It's too dark to see most of the inhabitants, and the parts of the ones I can see make me wonder what exactly is going on here.
I sink into a kind of stupor, where I am aware of my surroundings but do not care enough to pay much attention to them. Watch, Smiley, and Cyborg occasionally come in to deposit or collect a "guest". Some make noise, some whimper in fear, some are as silent as a skeleton. Some look like skeletons. Maybe that's what I'll end up as, a skeleton.
My mind is wandering, and my thoughts are free, but my body is most definitely not.
chupacabras

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The S.M.I.L.E.S Project Chapter 4

Postby chupacabras » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Tap, tap
Taptaptap

Huh? I raise my head, looking around for the source of the tapping. There it goes again, to my left. I look into the opposite cage and find a slightly chubby-looking dog scratching at the bars, looking at me. In the dim light, I can't tell much more. "What do you want?" I ask, my voice surprisingly rough and somewhat scratchy.
"You gonna eat that?" He asks with a slightly squeaky voice, pointing towards a small bolt on the floor of my cage.
"Of course not!" I exclaim.
"Good, 'cuz I will if you won't" I handed it over wordlessly. He bit into it as if it was a gummy bear, ripping off the head of it and chewing voraciously. A groan sounded from the cage to my right, and I look over and find a small, cat-like creature splayed out on the floor of the metal crate.
"Don't listen to that pig, all Chubs ever does is eat. He'd eat out of his cage if he wasn't so stupid. I'm Bat, by the way. Don't introduce yourself, you'll end up getting a new name by the time Smiley's done with you. Unfortunately, he dislikes just using numbers, and isn't terribly original. I think you can guess why my name is Bat." She spreads out her small bat-like wings and looks towards me, swiveling her metal ears towards me.
Just then, the door clangs open. Smiley stumbles in, and the room goes quiet. He murmurs to himself as he peruses the stacks, looking for a specific subject. "Ah-hah!" He stops at my kennel. I cringe, hoping I am not chosen. But no, Smiley grins and reaches for the latch on my container. He lifts me out with one front leg, and I try and struggle away from him.
"Now, now, there's no use in struggling. If you do, I might just perform this operation with you awake." He snarls, looking more insane than ever, eyes blazing with his mouth still quirked into the ever-present smile.
"We're going to have... an adventure."
chupacabras

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The S.M.I.L.E.S Project Chapter 5

Postby chupacabras » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:09 pm

I am carried into the room where I woke up originally, and put on the same cold table. Smiley grabs his goggles from a table, pushing a tray of assorted knives and sharp implements. The table is really more of a dentist's chair, now that I'm strapped in. Smiley runs through a checklist of needed things, half of which I have no idea what they are. While he mutters distractedly and paws through his stack of supplies, the door opens. I expect Cyborg or Watch to walk in, but instead a small creature tiptoes in. It sneaks behind Smiley, a computerized mask over it's strangely flat face displaying a variety of changing emotions. My eyes follow it around the room, watching it open up the small refrigerator on one wall. The sharp sound caused by the fridge door pricks up Smiley's ears, and he jerks around, glaring at the small creature.
"You!" He hisses vehemently. He seems overly mad today. "Get out, shoo, shoo!" he chases the creature out. Surprised and frightened faces flash over the mask, and the creature flees, tail between legs. Smiley returns to the table, lugging his supplies with him. "Now then, now that I've taken care of that annoying Faceless, we can begin. I suppose I'll sedate you so I won't have to spend too much time on this." He draws out a large needle, and inserts it in my arm. Not again... I am getting tired of all these sedatives. My eye droop and I count backwards, waiting for the inevitable darkness to overcome me.

....I wake up in my cage. My entire body hurts, and I can't do anything but lay there on the floor and moan. I can't feel my limbs, it's too much of a struggle to lift my head and open my eyes to make sure I still have limbs.
What has he done to me?
chupacabras

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The S.M.I.L.E.S Project Chapter 6

Postby chupacabras » Tue May 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Talk about a splitting headache.
Sitting up in my cage after hours,maybe days of being unable to move, I stretch my legs as far as they can go in the enclosed space. A clang met my ears as my feet meet the metal mesh of the door. Strange. The dim lighting doesn't help me out at all when trying to discern my bodily changes. So instead, I try and focus on how I feel. Slightly itchy, but warm. It's almost like I'm wrapped in a thick blanket. I know I'm still only wearing the thin hospital gown, so how am I so warm? I raise my arms, reaching towards my feet. I try and run my fingers over my toes, seeking each small indent where they meet. I find nothing but a hard surface, almost like bone or fingernails. Okay. Not good. At all.
My heart is in my throat, beating like a wild bird trapped in a cage. I reach up, over my feet. Fur. Honest to God fur. Not hair, it's too wiry and stiff. Now I think I know what my headache is. I gulp back tears. Pull it together. No weakness. My hands part curly hair only slightly different from the fur on my legs, finding two slightly curved horns sticking up out of my head.
My slightly muffled sobs must have awakened Bat, for she paws through the bars and reaches towards me. I jerk at her touch.
"Hey" She assures me, patting me slightly. "Almost didn't recognize you when they wheeled you back in here. I thought some poor little goat caught a tranquilizer to the head." She pauses for a moment. "But I guess it looks a little better than when you came in. Still have a basic human shape, don't you?" She gestures towards my body. I sniff, nodding. She sound pretty inexperienced at pep talks, but hey, it's still a pep talk.
The rest of our conversation is interrupted by the clanging that precedes the arrival of Smiley. And, just as predicted, the door clangs open, startling all the captives.
"Ah," he murmurs, his perpetual grin shining even in the darkness. "So our guest is awake."
chupacabras

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me