Be My Escape ♥ FINISHED! Fell free to post your reviews!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Be My Escape ♥ FINISHED! Fell free to post your reviews!

Postby S~B » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:04 am

{Tjis story is an entry in a contest.}
{It is based on a song called be my escape by relient k}

NO STEALING, ABSULUTELY NO STEALING ATALL!

Prologue

Im afraid that this land, is far past dead. In toxicated by those poisoned by evil. We all want survival here, dont say you are a peacemaker. Its either eat, or be eaten. If you wish to live, its best not to stand out. Im fine, I blend in. Nobody has ever escaped. The sad thing about this place is the fact that we cannpt die properly. When we are killed we do not die but take place in the toxic dust. Toxic dust, is the dust of our bones, our flesh, and pur spirit. We do not leave, we do not see anything once we are dead. We smell and we eat when we die. The dead are practically the ones who eat the waste, who eat the none important or the too important.

Only the lucky ones manage to live to this day. One day, even the D Cavalry shall become dust floating in an endless hunt for the lost souls. But of course, the D cavalry dont accept that. They dont care for others. Thats for sure. Only one has been known to care for others.

The D cavalry is deadly. They are a collection of putrid wolves who kill without thought.

Every wolf tries to get out of here. But we are stuck inside this world we fell into by mistake.

The only way to survive is to protect yourself, kill those around you.

All I was trying to do was save my own skin.

But I failed in doing so.

Nobody makes it out...

But there was four wolves who tried.
Last edited by S~B on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
I USED TO BE WILDPAWPROPHECY, DO NOT STEAL!

Mood: frustrated
Activity: studying
-_-'

ImageImageImage
S~B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Be My Escape ♥ wip, no posting please.

Postby S~B » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:25 am

C H A P T E R 1
LOCKED INSIDE THAT HOUSE

"Morning!" Luna barked happily.
"How do you know it's morning?" Scar groaned, looking up at the dark purple sky that swirled as if he had been stung with a poisonous nashua.
"Get up Scar!" Lantern yelped at him, her dark brown fur gleaming as she nudged the black wolf to get up. Luna, the white wolf continued to shout at him. She poked him with one of her black paws. Her bright hazel eyes glittered with humor at the old moaning lump.
"Scar, we better hurry." Lantern said. "I will get him up, you wake howl." She barked to Luna.

"HOWL GET UP!" Luna yowled at the sleeping, light brown wolf.
"Why? All we are going to do is walk around like we did yesterday, and the day before that." Howl murmured.
"The cavalry will track us down." Luna objected.
"Let them!" Howl snarled. Luna continued to nudge the glossy wolf with her black muzzle. Eventually she shuffled quietly down to his tail and clamped her teeth arpund it.
"Gaaaaa!?" Howl leapt up in suprise.
"Finaly, that got you moving."

The four wolves wandered the land. In that land, the grass was dry, dead. Wood was moldy and damp, slug like creatures chewing at the sodden mess. Water was scarce and all living creatures were mostly dead. Thats why everything dies so quickly. But some wolves have managed to adapt to not eating and only drinking small amounts of water that was dirty and toxic.

"I hate it." Howl snarled at the sky, his light brown fur rustling in a dead, non-existence breeze.
"You say that every day." Scar said, his old paws began to slow before he collapsed to the ground.
"Scar!" The three other wolves yelped and rushed towards the wolf.
"Are you okay!?" Luna gulped her doubts down into her empty stomach.
"Im probably just tired." Scar huffed. He then turned his yellow eyes to the sky. "Even though I only can see through one eye. I can see that we cannot stay locked up here, in this land." Scar whispered, loud enough for the other wolves to hear.
"What do you mean!? Its not like we can go anywhere!" Luna said.
"Im fed up. Im gonna escape."

-_-'

ImageImageImage
S~B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S~B » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:24 am

HOUSING ALL THIS DOUBT AND INSECURITY
“Ha!” Howl let out a laugh. “Trust me, if there was even the slightest possibility to get out. I would have found a way!” Howl said.
“Well, I`ve never tried!” Luna barked, her tail beginning to wag faintly.
“Me neither.” Lantern whispered.
“Well I`m going to find a way! If I`m going to die, it`s not going to be here.” Scar barked and struggled to his paws.
“You`re going to lead us to death you know.” Howl growled.
“Well we are going to die soon anyway, I`m planning to die trying.”Scar announced, his eyes lit with new hope.
“Idiot. Come on Luna.”Howl barked at the white wolf who stood admiring the strong, old wolf Scar.
“I- I`m going with him. I`m not going to sit here, be eaten by dust or slaughtered by the cavalry.” Luna said and bounded after Scar. Lantern followed Luna, obediently.
“Fine then...” Howl muttered and sauntered off in a different direction.
Luna couldn`t help but look back at the light brown wolf.

Eventually the three wolves’ paws began to grow sore.
Luna`s eyes glittered with new hope, but they also housed a quantity of doubt and insecurity.
~ Will we ever actually escape. I`m not sure. Why didn`t I just follow Howl? Scar probably doesn`t even know where he’s going! ~ Luna thought.

Sighing, she continued, her eyes glowed in the dark light. There was no moon nor sun here. There was something which acted as a sun. A huge green thing, that looked like a cats’ eye.

Lantern picked up a small scent of blood. Her eye’s widened in horror.
“What`s wrong!?” Scar hissed.
“Massacre! I smell it!” Lantern said quietly.
“I smell it too, we should move quickly!” Scar ordered.

Luna`s hazel eyes snapped wide as the scent of blood flushed her nose.
~ I hate that smell ~
“We have to help them!” Luna yelped.
“What!? Help those wolves which are probably dead!”Scar growled.
“He has a point Luna.” Lantern whispered.
“Listen!? There might be survivors!” The young white wolf objected before dashing to the scent of blood.

“LUNA!” Scar howled but she shrugged it off and continued to bound across the dead grass. She gasped at the scene...

A dead pack of about 20 lay, drenched in blood...
“No...” Luna began to shake. But her ears pricked at the sound of light groaning. She followed the moans to find a survivor. A small and frail wolf. His coat was surely once black and white. The same kind of pattern as a husky. Luna came to the small wolfs aid.
“Are you okay!?” She found herself blurting out. Luckily the cavalry had gone.
The wolf struggled to his paws. And nodded.
“I managed to fight off one, but after that I ran.” The wolf said.
“What is your name? Mines is Luna.”
“Clive.”

Suddenly Scar and Lantern came rushing to them.
“A survivor!?” Lantern gasped.
“I told you!” Luna said trying to sound triumphant but instead sounded weak and shaky.
Scar trotted toward Clive and nodded before turning away.
“Wait! We cannot leave him!” Luna barked.
“Why not!” Scar growled.
“Why should we leave him! The more the merrier!”
“Aye, but sometimes its better to blend in without strutting around in a huge group.”
“It`s not a huge group, it`s only four!”
“But if you invite him then you might get an impression it`s a parade and invite everyone around you!”

Lantern and Clive sat and watched the old and young wolf snarl at each other.
“We are not leaving him! That is final!” Luna growled.
“Who died and made you alpha!” Scar snarled.
“An alpha doesn’t leave anyone behind!”
And with that, a silence began as Scar nodded giving in to the fight.

-_-'

ImageImageImage
S~B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S~B » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:25 am

C H A P T E R 3
DYING TO GET OUT

The D cavalry trudged along the dead land. Barren the black wolf led them. Blood splattered his muzzle. “Barren!” A small wolf called and ran up to his leaders side. “It has been heard that a small back of four have been wanting to find a way to get out.”The small wolf panted. The cavalry always had eyes and ears everywhere, to know what was happening.
“Who does this group exist of.” Barren spat, his black coat shimmering.
“It has been identified that Lantern, Scar and Luna split up with Howl.”
“Howls alone now...” Barren smirked.
“What will we do?”
“Find him! Abort the mission on finding Ruth. We must find Howl.” Barren spat.
“Yes sir!” The little wolf nodded and turned round to spread orders.
“And bring him back alive!”

Luna walked with Clive while Lantern and Scar took lead.
“Finding a way out? But isn`t that impossible?” Clive asked.
“Well supposedly it`s not.” Luna shrugged. “We might aswell.”
“Yeah but wont the D cavalry come hunt you down.” Clive asked yet another question. It was all he was doing, asking questions.
“I guess, but they want the same thing as us.” Luna said.
“But isn`t it true that only a few can break out?”
“Yes, that is why they want to kill us but probably won`t try until we have practically led them to it.”
“But isn`t that bad!?”
“I guess it is. But it`s better than being-“ Luna gulped down the word.
“Massacred, I know.” Clive said.
“Scar do you know where we are actually going!” Luna barked, instantly changing the subject.
“Yes, as a matter of fact I do.”Scar called back. Luna was taken a-back. She didn`t expect him to actually know where he was leading them. Everything looked the same so how could it be expected for anybody to know where they were going.
“How!?” She shouted.
“DUST!” Scar yowled!
“What!?” Clive said wide eyed.
The wolves then saw the huge purplish deep blue cloud wafting toward them like tiny insects. The wolves immediately turned around and ran. They panted heavily while striding across the dry grass.
“Runrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrun-“ Luna shouted as she galloped across the fields. Soon the dust would hopefully lose interest. Dust ate everything alive but wouldn`t chase for long. Finally the threat shrunk back.

The wolves stopped long after they had noticed the dust stopped chasing them. They didn’t want to take any chances.
“What the?” Clive tilted his head in puzzlement.
“Have you never seen dust before?” Luna asked surprised.
“N-no not really...” Clive said.
“Well that`s rare.” Scar barked before moving on.
“So Scar. How is it you know where we are headed?” Luna asked.
“I can smell it.” He grunted. Luna`s eyes widened.
“Y-you can!?” She asked in bewilderment. Scar nodded.
“I can smell the breeze.” Scar said.
“H-how can`t I smell it?” Luna asked.
“I don`t know. It`s because I remember it dearly and dream about it day and night maybe?” Scar paused.
“Every wolf dreams about it.”Luna remarked.
“Ah, but every other wolfs` dream ends in nightmare.” Scar said. Luna shrunk back, she couldn`t help but admit that every dream she had ended in a terrible nightmare.
“Wait! How do you know!?” She barked but Scar ignored it.

-_-'

ImageImageImage
S~B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S~B » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:31 am

C H A P T E R 4
I AM A HOSTAGE

Howl trudged along the dreaded path that seemed never ending and probably was never ending.
“There`s no way of knowing where to go!” Howl grunted to himself. His paws stung from endless walking.
~ I don`t even know how long I`ve been walking, I wish we could tell if it`s day or night!~
Howl thought looking at the sky.
Suddenly he heard sudden rustling in the bushes.
He crouched low into a defensive position. A shady wolf leaped out of the bushes but Howl twisted back and bit the attacker’s throat and threw it to the ground. Another soldier growled and lurched into battle. Howl grinned, noticing this wolf. He opened his mouth to form a strange ball of dark redness. It pierced the dead air in a huge laser – like beam and knocked the soldier down dead.
“I see you remember your magic.” A wolf grinned in the darkness. Howl looked up but while he was caught off guard other wolves pinned him down.
“Barren!” Howl snarled. Barren simply sneered. “What do you want!?” Howl growled.
“What do I want!? What does every wolf want! A way out!” Barren barked in a slight laugh.
“And how does capturing me help!?” Howl asked, still hostile to his old general.
“Because I heard your friends with the little group of wolves trying to escape.” Barren smiled evilly.
“DON`T YOU TOUCH THEM!” Howl snarled loudly.
“Oh not yet. You are going to lead us to them, and then they will lead us out.”Barren said.
“And how do you know they are on the right path.”
“Because Scar is with them.”
“What makes Scar so special.”
“Because he knows how to get out.”Barren laughed. Howl gasped.
~ The key to escape was right in front of me the whole time? ~ Howl thought.
“You will lead us to them.” Barren said leaning in close to Howl, piercing his soul with his glowing yellow eyes.
“Why should I!?” Howl opposed.
“Unless I will kill you all.”
“You`re going to do that anyway.” Howl snarled.
“Slowly.” Barren added.
“What?”
“I will kill you and your little friends slowly, torture you all to death. Then you will see the pain and the most hurtful of all, the regret.” Barren growled. Howl gulped and then nodded.

-_-'

ImageImageImage
S~B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S~B » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:57 am

C H A P T E R 5
TO LIVE YOU MUST GIVE A LIFE AWAY

Ruth ran through the land. Her muscles tense. Her nose was on their scent. The grey and white wolf didn`t care about the dust that tried to chew at him. He went so fast the dust didn`t get near.
“Scar!”She howled as he leapt onto his old friend.
“Ruth!?” Scar said puzzled.
“Scar! The D cavalry are tracking you down!” Ruth yelped.
“What? Get off of me!” Scar barked. Ruth nodded and stepped back.
“Listen. They`ve got Howl! They are tracking you down this moment!”Ruth said. Scar opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by Luna.
“They`ve got Howl! We have to save him!” Luna yelped.
“Luna, calm down. How did you find this out Ruth?” Scar asked. Ruth sat down on the mouldy dirt to explain.
“The D cavalry were coming for me. I don`t know why they suddenly want me back. But I was expecting them, I tracked them down when they didn`t come, you know me, always about adventure! Anyhow, I managed to stumble upon them talking to Howl. He was one of them Scar. Like us!” Ruth said.
“What!?”Luna gasped, her eyes wide and paws trembling. She was the only one with enough courage to speak.
“You haven’t told them?” Ruth asked Scar. Scar nodded.
“Explain Scar.” Luna said.
“I was once one of the D cavalry. Ruth was too. Until we noticed how evil it was. So we left. Simple enough?” Scar explained.
“H-Howl was one too?” Luna asked.
“I didn`t know that.” Scar looked at his paws.
“Either way, we have to get him.” Luna barked.
“Why!? He`s a traitor!” Lantern growled. There was a sudden silence. The wolves stared at the supposedly timid and shy wolf who had suddenly snapped.
“Ehem. Lantern is right.” Scar nodded and began to walk on towards the destination.
“No! He`s obviously being forced against his will! We have to save him!” Luna growled before trotting toward Ruth. “Where is he?” Luna asked.
“Well, they are right on your tracks so if you just head the way you came.” Ruth said.
“Thank you.” Luna said before rushing in the direction they came.
“Dangit! That girl.” Scar muttered before chasing after her. The rest followed close behind.
“Ruth, why did you come all the way here to endanger yourself.” Scar asked in-between pants.
Ruth shrugged. “To live you must give a life away.”
Last edited by S~B on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

-_-'

ImageImageImage
S~B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S~B » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:12 am

C H A P T E R 6
WHILE YOU HOLD THE KEY

The cavalry where sleeping when the wolves got there. Apart from a few guards that Ruth and Scar took down immediately.
They found Howl laying awake on the ground, guarded by three wolves. Luna growled. Snarling she lunged into the first guard which was weak and fragile. She ripped out the throat of the enemy and threw its light and limp body into the second guard. Luna then turned on the last guard. She pounced on him. Knocking him into the dirt. He opened his mouth to alert the others sleeping but was stopped by Luna`s gleaming teeth clenching on his neck.
“Luna!” Howl said in a hushed voice.
“Come on.” She said to Howl before darting after the other wolves.
They had been like silent assassins. Ninja`s nearly. They would have killed Barren but he was protected by a circle of other wolves so it would`ve been an impossible challenge to assassinate him without waking the whole cavalry.
“We are nearly at the gateway.”Scar said speeding across the dead land.
“Wait! Scar! You never told me, your the key to get out.” Howl said running after him. Scar skidded to a halt at a place where the dark purple sky met the ground in what seemed a wall. He turned to face Howl and grinned.
“Because I`m not.”

-_-'

ImageImageImage
S~B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S~B » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:35 am

C H A P T E R 7
THE FINAL CHAPTER
ALL I WAS TRYING TO DO WAS SAVE MY OWN SKIN

The wolves stared at Scar, all except Ruth who knew all along.
Scar opened his mouth to speak but was broken by the laughing of Barren.
“Oh Scar. Telling lies are you?” Barren chuckled.
“Humph. Brother, I am telling the truth.” Scar said with a faint smile.
Barrens mouth opened in surprise.
He then smiled and closed his eyes.
“Brother, I haven`t heard you use that word in a long time Scar.” Barren said, his eyes snapped open.
Scar smiled.
“Luna is the key.” Scar grinned triumphantly.

“What!?” Barren said, eyes wide. Scar nodded.
“Now brother, may we settle this the old way.” Scar grinned.
Barren broke into a rough growl.
“Certainly.”
The two wolves lurched into a fight.
The cavalry hugely outnumbered the rest, by atleast 20 odd. The cavalry was coming on strong on the others, but the others came on stronger.
Howl thrashed at his old allies and new enemies. He clawed at them, not caring if it was his best friend he killed.
Clive despite his small size chased off plenty of the soldiers to only watch them collapse further away on a pool of splattered blood.
Lantern ripped at the enemies. Her shy side now hidden beneath her vicious outbreak.
Ruth ripped out the throats of any who challenged to come near him.
Luna fought, her heart and spirit strong.
Scar fought his own brother, Barren.
“You will die the way you lived.” Scar growled. His claws gently tingling Barrens face. Scar had managed to pin Barren down.
“I fought you for so long, I should have let you in. All I was trying to do was save my own skin.” Barren said, still smiling but not a smile of hostility. One of truth.
Scar growled. His claw about to smash in Barrens face.#
“But so were you.” Barren said just before death.

Luna had opened the door to reality.
“Quick!”Luna yelped to the others who were already limping toward her.
Scar nodded . He took a look at his limp brother and raced after Luna and the rest.

It was sunset.
The sky was bright pink and a peaceful orange and purple.
“Scar, why did you kill him?” Luna asked Scar.
“I didn`t, he died before I managed to.” Scar said.

The wolves sat on the hills and watched the sunset. They felt the breeze and smelt the scent of life.
~ Finally ~

-_-'

ImageImageImage
S~B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S~B » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:37 am

"Be My Escape"
I’ve given up on giving up slowly, I’m blending in so
You won’t even know me apart from this whole world that shares my fate
This one last bullet you mention is my one last shot at redemption
because I know to live you must give your life away
And I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity and
I’ve been locked inside that house all the while You hold the key
And I’ve been dying to get out and that might be the death of me
And even though, there’s no way in knowing where to go, promise I’m going because
I gotta get outta here
I’m stuck inside this rut that I fell into by mistake
I gotta get outta here
And I’m begging You, I’m begging You, I’m begging You to be my escape.

I’m giving up on doing this alone now
Cause I’ve failed and I’m ready to be shown how
He’s told me the way and I’m trying to get there
And this life sentence that I’m serving
I admit that I’m every bit deserving
But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

Cause I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity and
I’ve been locked inside that house all the while You hold the key
And even though, there’s no way in knowing where to go, promise I’m going because
I gotta get outta here
Cause I’m afraid that this complacency is something I can’t shake
I gotta get outta here
And I’m begging You, I’m begging You, I’m begging You to be my escape.

I am a hostage to my own humanity
Self detained and forced to live in this mess I’ve made
And all I’m asking is for You to do what You can with me
But I can’t ask You to give what You already gave

Cause I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity and
I’ve been locked inside that house all the while you hold the key
I’ve gotta get outta here
I’m stuck inside this rut that I fell into by mistake
I’ve gotta get outta here
And I’m begging You, I’m begging You, I’m begging
You to be my escape.

I fought you for so long
I should have let you in
Oh how we regret those things we do
and all I was trying to do was save my own skin
But so were You

So were You

This is the song I got my inspiration from. The chapters are all words from the song. I really love the song.

-_-'

ImageImageImage
S~B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S~B » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:40 am

Okay, im finished

This story is an entry ifor a contest. { DO NOT STEAL OR YOU WILL BE REPORTED TO WHEREVER YOU REPOST THIS ON! I CAN CHECK USING A WEBSITE THAT SEARCHES THE WEB FOR ANYTHING SIMILAR TO THIS! }

Im pretty impressed at how it turned out. If there is anything wrong with it feel free to point it out and post how much you like/dislike it. I may be doing a sequel... but that depends on how many reviews I get.

-_-'

ImageImageImage
S~B

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me