. S u m m e r . D a y s .

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

. S u m m e r . D a y s .

Postby FoxerOwl » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Summer Days

By : FoxerOwl

Prolouge

I was just a normal teenage girl. I had friends, was popular in school, and had a decent life. That all changed... when this new guy came to school. He was shabby and looked like an outcast. Of course, everyone avoided him. He avoided everyone. Except... me. I had guessed he liked me, because he always hung out with me. Drove my friends away, that guy. I didn't appreciate what he was doing at first, but... after a while, he was truly nice. Charming, if you must say. Once he opened up to me, I opened up to him. It's like we were made for each other. He was my best friend, and by now all my other friends were jealous. Why? I'm not sure. Well, school ended and the guy and me still hung out. It felt normal; right. But, as we neared the end of May, he seemed... different. He seemed to be thinking and planning something all the time. He wouldn't talk to me; if he ever did his expression was blank. One day, he took me to an abandoned building. He said it was haunted, and I'm a sucker for haunted buildings. Ghosts interest me and creep me out, which I like. Anyways, he led me far into the old house. I was scared; this wasn't like him. Then, he did something to me. Something strange. He raised his palm. On it was a glowing green star, bright enough to blind my eyes. That's what he wanted. When I squinted my eyes, he pressed his palm to my forehead and I blacked out.

When I woke up, I was on a strange, big island. I didn't know how or when I got there and why I was there. I stood up and tested for broken bones. Nothing. But when I searched for fresh water, I was holding a pan. A pot of cold water appeared there. Bewildered, I contemplated why it was. A couple of other strange things happened, of which I cannot explain. It seemed... it seemed I had control of the elements.
foxer :: any pronouns :: mostly inactive on here
DA :: FR
by B-lackhusky @ DA
FoxerOwl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: . S u m m e r . D a y s .

Postby FoxerOwl » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:16 pm

About the Character

Form by: FoxerOwl, please do not use it or formatting without consulting me first.

Skylar Rae Brooke

Wʜᴏ Aᴍ I?

Hello, sweetie! To be honest, sometimes I don't even know myself! But I have to tell ya, right? So let's hop to it!

Nᴀᴍᴇ

Firstly, my name is Skylar Rae Brooke. You can call me Sky, Skylar, Rae, Brooke, or whatever you can come up with!

Aɢᴇ

Now comes to age. I honestly won't lie to ya, because I don't really care! I'm 23, meaning I'm allowed to drink, smoke, to have FUN! It's truly freedom. I feel bad to the teenagers, longing for some boos or somethin'.

Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀ

Oh, geez! That's rude. Looks like it's a burn for me. Anyways, it's cool. I hope I don't look like a guy... I mean, would a guy have long, wavy hair and carry a purse? Well, I guess, maybe a drag queen... Although, we're getting off track. I am a female. Woman. Girl. You get it now, sugar? But if you ever wanna check, just in case, hit me up, 'kay?

Mʏ Mᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ Rᴇᴄᴏʀᴅs Sᴀʏ...

I haven't looked at 'em in a while, so I'm just guessing here, 'kay?

Hᴇɪɢʜᴛ

5'6, 5 feet, six inches

Wᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Well, I'm not fat, but I'm not overly skinny. I think I'm just the right size and weight, at 118 lbs.

Hᴀɪʀ

My hair is a dark, chocolate brown, and it goes all the way to the middle of my back. It's very wavy and can sometimes curl at the ends.

Eʏᴇs

My eyes are a hazel, but sometimes they appear more blue, but they'll be a dull blue. My eyes aren't too pretty, I s'pose.

Sᴋɪɴ Tᴏɴᴇ

My skin is a bit pale, but I can and will tan. I just don't go out in the sun much, being in rainy London. But now I'm going to a sunny beach, so I packed extra sun screen, just in case!

Sᴄᴀʀs

I have one on my hip and thigh, and one at the bottom of my back. I'm not saying where I got 'em, though!

Pɪᴇʀᴄɪɴɢs

I have two ear piercings on each ear, and one cartilage piercing on my right ear. It looks pretty snazzy, too. And I have my belly button pierced, and my bottom lip pierced on the right side, but I barely wear the ring.

Tᴀᴛᴛᴏᴏs

I have two. Butterfly Wolf The butterfly is on the left side of my back, and the wolf is on the side of my right thigh.

Mᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ Cᴏɴᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴs

None. I am perfectly healthy.

Dɪɢɢɪɴ' Dᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ

So, let's see what we can uncover, shall we?

Pᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ Lɪᴋᴇs Dɪsʟɪᴋᴇs

People say I'm pretty nice and sweet. I can be pretty funny at times, cracking jokes at times when they feel bleak, but it doesn't mean anyone likes 'em. I'm a sweet old country girl, and so I am naturally understanding. Although I can be impatient at times, I try to push my annoyance away and have a good time!

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ

My history was bleak at first, like most's, but that doesn't mean I won't talk about it. Feels good to let it out, ya know? It gets better along the way. Anyways, my mother always wanted a girl. Always. I was born on October 26th, at 5:55 pm on a rainy, fall night. I was born in Texas, a country girl. My dad didn't much care for me, see, so once I was born he started drinking. A lot. He wouldn't beat me or nothin', because my mom always protected me. When I was six, once, see, he almost slapped me in his drunken rages. I didn't know better, and I guess I kinda got on his nerves. But my mother came in and slapped him instead. That got into a fight, and, my mom crying, she took me and all her possessions and money and left him, and we moved to London. Far away from him. Soon after she divorced him, taking some of his money. That gave us a little push, and bought our own house. Or her own house, I should say. When I was 10, she finally married this other man and I liked him. He was nice, but he wasn't rich or poor. Just in the middle. He was nice and helped my mother out a lot with her emotional problems. I went to school, graduated, and finally realized: I was free to do whatever I wanted! I wanted to go to college, but I wanted some freedom first.

Hᴏʙʙɪᴇs

I like to dance, run, race, anything within that league, really. I like sewing by hand, but I have little patience with that stuff. I like walking in the forest, walking in the rain, jumping on the trampoline, talking, and making friends! I like coloring and drawing. Sometimes I make my own fashion clothes, but I never make them into fabric. If you want to know more hobbies, ask me!

Lᴏᴠᴇ

Wanna know my history of family and friends? Well, fine, here, but it's not exciting.

Fᴀᴍɪʟʏ

My mother is still alive, and so is my stepfather. My real father, I'm not quite sure. Haven't seen him since I was six. I was an only child, too. All my other cousins, aunts, uncles, and more are back in London. That's the main reason my mom and I moved there, for family.

Fʀɪᴇɴᴅs

They're all back in London.

Oʀɪᴇɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

I am straight. Haven't really been interested in women, see, past friends.

Cʀᴜsʜ

None, yet. If I did have one, would I be telling ya?

Sᴛᴀᴛᴜs

I am single. A single pringle, out in the sea, nobody knows where I'm gonna wash up on shore.

Exᴛʀᴀ Iɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

I like taking pictures of myself and pets. Here are some extra pics of me : One Two Three I even look good in a sweatshirt! Five Six Seven Eight

And here's Daisy, my beagle dog :
Daisy

All pictures belong to owners.
by B-lackhusky @ DA
FoxerOwl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoxerOwl » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Chapter One

Water

It seemed I had control of an element. But what if I could take control of all of them? I better find out now, I thought, or end up torching someone accidentally. With that thought in mind, I went out of the straw hut I ended up in. Holding the pan full of clear water, I searched the island. I was surrounded by water to my left and right, but I couldn't see the edges of the waves north or south. I finally spotted a dense net of trees set to the south, and gripped my pot. I entered the jungle cautiously. What if a monkey dropped a coconut on my head? As the thought rolled through my head, I laughed weakly. I grabbed some small twigs and some logs. I was just lucky to have logs around, or else I would have to chop some palm trees down, which was bad for two reasons: One, I didn't currently have an ax available. And two, palm tree bark burns fast and creates a horrid smell and a lot of smoke, and I did not want to be discovered without testing my capabilities first. I placed them in the order I had learned in camp; Yes, I was a nerd, I went to summer camp. But it sure turned out handy right now. I took a couple of rocks and striked them against one, trying multiple until I spotted a spark. It jumped off the rock and onto the logs, and it created a dull fire. Satisfied, I put the pan of water into my lap and focused on the rippling edges. I closed my eyes and summoned water silently. My mind ached with the process. Without opening my eyes, I echoed into my own mind, "Move forward onto the fire." I heard a dull splash. An acrid smell rose to my nose, and I knew it was time to open my eyes. A pleasant sight greeted them. I had moved a cup of the water into the air, and close to the fire. A little splash had erupted onto half of the fire, but the remaining flames soon took the logs again. The acrid smell came from water dumped on fire, as I had hoped. Well, that definitely confirmed one thing: I had control of the water element. But... what about fire?
by B-lackhusky @ DA
FoxerOwl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoxerOwl » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:16 pm

Chapter Two

Flames

I stared at the fire in front of me, roaring against the charred logs. I gathered more twigs for kindle and took two more logs from the pile by the hut, slowly feeding the fire. Once it was done, I smiled in satisfaction. I put the half-filled pot of water to the side of me, then got palm tree leaves and put them opposite of me across the fire. Only palm tree bark burns fast and makes a lot of smoke, while the leaves burn slowly and create only a trill of smoke. I sat down on the boulder I had found, replacing a stool or chair. Then, this time, I kept my eyes wide open and looked into the glaring flames. It hurt my eyes terribly, but the wind was blowing the smoke away from me. Besides, what if I had to use fire in a battle of some sort? I highly doubted it, but if I did end up in a battle, I would have to summon fire, if it was one of the elements I could control, with my eyes open quickly. I couldn't risk closing my eyes, or else my enemy would spear me easily. I shook my head to clear the horrible thoughts, then focused on the fire once again. My eyes watered, but I kept them clear open. Then, speaking to my mind again, I said, "Place the flames on the palm tree leaves in front of me." I had to be very specific, I had guessed, or else the flames would go on the leaves behind me or something. I nodded slightly, my blue eyes moving upward to focus intently on the leaves. But what I awaited did not come. When I looked around, I realized I had missed the targeted leaves by several meters. Now one of the jungle trees burned furiously, the flames eating its way up the trunk. Frantic, I snatched my pot of water by the handle and threw it onto the flames. It worked a little, but the flames were soon climbing up the wet bark again. I closed my eyes and directed my head towards the pan again and summoned water. I heard a dull splash and my eyes were opened to a sight of cold water, filled to the brim of the pan. A slight smile was placed on my lips, but quickly turned to a concentrating frown. I threw the water onto the burning bark again. It worked this time, silencing the flames. I had just been lucky, because I had more water than the first time. But I soon started to feel the weariness. Apparently, when I summoned the elements, it drained part of my energy level. I felt dizzy. I sat down on the huge rock I had found, sticking my head between my knees, taking deep breaths. Once the dizziness subsided and I gained my energy, I sat up and looked at the untouched palm leaves, and then the burned bark of the palm tree. The middle of the tree was stripped clean of bark, because flames overtook it exceptionally fast, exposing the tan brown heartwood. I sighed and nodded to myself, finally realizing the good outcome of this situation. I could obviously control the element fire. But... I needed a little practice with summoning it.
by B-lackhusky @ DA
FoxerOwl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoxerOwl » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Chapter Three

Let the Winds Blow

I decided to practice on my second element later. Right now, I had to figure out if I could possess a different element: wind.WIIIIIPPPPP
by B-lackhusky @ DA
FoxerOwl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me