WATCHING || A NOVEL

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

WATCHING || A NOVEL

Postby . silent » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:29 am

]]-- Welcome to my thread, Watching, everyone! Hello there, and I see you have traveled upon my tiny thread between all of those wonderful stories, and now I feel so special! Well, since you came here, you must be interested in my book, and that's just what I'm going to write for you. You are allowed to post, but please no spamming, and I respect critique - helpful - and compliments on my work. Please, no hating, because if you do, I will technically...virtually boot you from this story thread.
    Now, when you do post, I would like to ask you to not attach your signatures; they take up a lot of space. Now, I have come up with this story all by myself, so DO NOT come to me saying I stole your work, am copying, blah blah blah, because I haven't. Don't even try. If I do see a story similar to this surfing itself around the writing forum, I will report you immediately, no questions asked.
    Here is one warning though: If you do not like any scary, creepy, violent like stories, then I suggest you leave. This story is meant to be sort of creepy, with some violence and eerie crap, but not too much. You are free to stalk, but it is not my fault if you freak out and die or something, clear? Get it? Got it? Good. Now sit back, relax, and prepared to be...
    WATCHED.
Last edited by . silent on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
. silent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| CHAPTERS

Postby . silent » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:33 am

CHAPTERS

• || chapter one
    • || chapter two
Last edited by . silent on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
. silent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

WATCHING || A NOVEL || chapter one

Postby . silent » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:23 am

word count;; 3,335

---------Things could be different. Not the crappy, boring different where the only thing changing is your hair, your appearance, or your grades. No, something more exciting; something more adventurous. Like aliens attacking the city, or everyone finding out that they have super powers. Like the movie The Avengers, or something similar to that kind of plot. Things in the city New York, Manhattan were way too boring, way too normal for my likings. I’m not like those other prissy city girls who always got what they wanted. All they had to is plead maybe five times with an over-exaggerated puppy dog face and then the parents broke - cracked like a 1000 year old vase that had been sitting in an old, dusty, unsafe library for centuries.

---------My parents weren’t like that. Or should I say parent. My mother died when I was only five years old, eleven years ago. I’m sixteen now, stuck living in a giant house with my father, who was always away on business. It was like he didn’t even care about me anymore, after my mom died. Even though mt father was away, he still wouldn’t let me do, or get, everything I wanted. Though my father may be strict when there, he was weary and oblivious to the things I did when he was gone. This wasn’t because I was an original badass, but it was because the maid, Kate, always let me get away with things. It was like Victoria and Willow, my only best friends, and the maid herself, were my only family. I had stopped caring about my father, just like he had stopped caring for me.

ϟ ϟ ϟ

---------“She’s ready for you,” the office secretary lisped, setting down the white phone which had just been pressed up to her ear, words quiet and jumbled. I, Spencer, sitting down on one of the hard office chairs with one leg crossed over the other, bit my nail and raised one eyebrow to the women who had just spoke. I had completely no idea of why I was even here; sitting in one of the ‘bad kid’ chairs waiting for the principal of Wilton High to speak to me. No one would even speak to me as I made my way down the hallway. When I smiled at Dylan, one of the jocks of the school, he just gave me a weird, jumbled look and uneasily shuffled out of her way. Okay then… I had thought.

---------“Excuse me? I didn't do anything! Why am I even getting called down here for something I don’t even know about?” I growled, suddenly getting up and heading towards the office desk, leafy green eyes narrowed. But the secretary just stared at me, eyes dark behind her glasses.

---------“Miss West, don’t argue. We all know that you’re pretty sure of what we’re talking about.” Her eyes told me that she didn't want any more crap, because apparently I was the one always causing it. Rolling my eyes, I slammed a fist down on the desk, knocking over a pencil holder, and then turned and sauntered around the corner and down the hall to the principal’s office. I hesitated before knocking, and my hand rose to let the principal know I was waiting. But instead, I sighed, lowering my hand and just shoving the door open, eyes dark with annoyance. There sat the principal, her eyes cloudy and hair in a tight bun. Disgusted, I let my gaze travel around the large room. I had been here many times, actually, for playing pranks with my friends. Not any normal pranks, no. Awesome pranks. One time we had put a fake but realistic looking dead body in the girls’ bathroom, with fake blood spread around the floor. Police came, and the school got the day off. It was a total blast, but soon after sampling and investigating, people caught on.

---------The familiar, loathing eyes of Mrs. Taperburn were practically burning a hole in my long, wavy dirty blonde hair. “Sit,” she growled shortly, gesturing a hand towards one of the cushioned seats sitting in front of her desk. Right, I didn't do anything, so don’t listen to a word she says. I stayed quiet and adjusted my position to fit into the chair before her. “Now, I’m pretty sure why you know why you are here, sitting in my office, once again?” the principal snipped, making a sarcastic note at the end of her sentence.

---------Rolling my eyes, I leaned forward. “Actually, no, I don’t,” I said in a mimicking tone of Mrs. Taperburn’s, slipping a note of sing-song and annoyance between my sharp words. The principal let out a heavy sigh that made my stomach tumble forward with annoyance, and leaned back, her eyes still intently set on me, like I was her prey, and she was the approaching wolf ready to pounce.

---------“Alright, fine. Then does anything mentioning a car running into the building across the road seem familiar to you?” she exasperated, her lips pursed. My mind felt jumbled up, like it was a shaken up jigsaw puzzle just waiting to be put together. After a few, long moments, I slowly shook my head, eyes narrowed, as if daring Mrs. Taperburn to counter it. I would never do a prank like that! Okay, maybe I would, but never without my friends; and I hadn’t done it this time. My grip tightened of the arm rest. If I hadn’t done it, the only people who could have were Victoria or Willow. It was the rules to never do a prank without anyone in the group, unless it was towards one of the people in the group themselves!

---------Then, Mrs. Taperburn stood up and walked to the window, her black heels making a clopping sound as she moved over the floor. As she halted, her body turned, gesturing me to look outside. Confused, I stood up and moved the curtain out of my view to glance outside. What I saw was definitely not what I expected. There was the vice principal’s car, being towed out of something that was like a giant hole in the large brick wall of the building across the street. The car was in flames, and police and fire trucks were surrounding the area. My mouth dropped open in astonishment. “I swear – I would never do something like that!” I gawked, eyes wide.

---------“Mhm…” the principal hummed, in a tone that told me that she didn’t believe a word I said. Mrs. Taperburn tugged on her black necklace with a grey skull dangling, which I had never noticed before. Its eyes were hollow and black, and it sent a shiver down my spine as I narrowed my eyes in confusion, staring at it. As I looked at it, it seemed to bring back a familiar feeling, but I didn’t quite know what.

---------“Where did you get that necklace?” I asked, voice sinking in confusion. Mrs. Taperburn narrowed her eyes sharply and quickly hid the necklace from my sight, movements quick and shaky.

---------“None of your business,” the woman growled, voice taught, as if she had been knocked off guard. Shrugging slightly, my eyes followed Mrs. Taperburn as she walked to her desk once again and sat down. Her eyes were now lowered, glasses starting to slowly slip down her nose from their original spot on the bridge of her nose. It was strange how the principal had just jerked herself into a little bubble; I had only asked about the necklace, and Mrs. Taperburn had acted just like I had asked her if she had ever vandalized all of the school bathrooms. It was just a necklace; but right now it seemed a bit more than a single chain resting on the neck of my school principal. It seemed…mysterious. It had felt like the necklace had a connection with me. But I just shrugged it off and turned to face the principal’s desk, my mind now focused on what I had seen outside.

---------“I just hope you know that I didn’t crash that car into the building,” I hissed, and walked forward until I was practically hovering over Mrs. Taperburn. The woman had been shuffling strange papers in her hands, moving quickly around as if she hadn’t wanted to be caught. Like a ten year old stealing something out of the refrigerator and not wanting to get in trouble by their parents. I looked over Mrs. Taperburn’s shoulder and saw a piece of paper with two pictures on it. I saw a flash of a photograph that looked like a skull…and the other one was of a person with blonde hair. Squinting, I desperately tried to catch closer sight of it, but Mrs. Taperburn snatched it away and narrowed her dark, yellow fox eyes at me.

---------Then, her tense gaze relaxed, and she waved her hand dismissively. “Yeah, yeah, just go. I guess I’ll tell the police that it was a wandering college student getting into trouble.” Then she stood, dropping the papers in a simple brown drawer on the other side of the room, locked it, and then walked out the door before I could get a simple protesting word in. I shook my head, trying to gather up what had just happened. Mrs. Taperburn had never let me or my friends off as easy as that. But those papers…

ϟ ϟ ϟ

---------“Hey [censored],” I snipped as I sat down at the lunch table in the school’s cafeteria. Though my tone was light, teasing, and in my usual snobby way, it felt as if my purse was full of weights, tugging me down. Confusion still swirled in my mind, but that was enough thinking of a stupid junky necklace. Not only was it that – it was my [censored] school principal’s. But as I sat down my tray, Willow and Victoria just stared at her, perfectly plucked eyebrows raised at their friend. I looked at them, raising my eyebrows in a snotty way, mocking them. “Well? No hi? Okay then, I might as well go sit at a table where you can look like idiots staring at me from here.” I made a clucking sound at the back of my throat and stood up to leave.

---------“No!” the two yelped together. They seemed strange, which made me set down my tray and slowly sit down once again.

---------“Okay…so what’s up with you two?” I wondered. Willow and Victoria glanced at each other, shuffling on their feet nervously. My teeth clenched together, causing me to bite my tongue. I cursed under my breath, at my tongue, and my best friends. Silence swirled around the air at our table, until finally, I spoke. “Holy [censored]. So you did run the Vice Principle’s car into the building next door!” I shook my head, muttering, “I can’t believe you guys.” Willow let out a sharp squeak, eyes starting to go wide. Victoria tugged at her wavy black hair, her head shaking.

---------“Oh my god,” Willow finally spoke. “No we didn’t! So you didn’t either?”

---------“Um…no.”

---------“That’s so freaking strange! We thought you did it without us…but it turns out you didn’t?” Victoria piped in, her voice high and afraid. I shook my head. “Then…who else would want to do this?” she questioned, mostly to herself.

---------“Well, we now definitely know that it’s neither of us, so who else in this school seems to enjoy pulling pranks like that?” I looked at the two, eyes glazed with confusion. We all said nothing for a few minutes, murmuring to ourselves as we ate.

---------“Dylan.” The name popped out from Victoria’s mouth, while her bright turquoise, long nails shimmered as she pushed back her cuticles.

---------I felt my eyes roll, and sarcasm dripped like poison from my tongue. “Oh, really? Dylan would so run the vice principal’s car into the building next door, be back in like, what, five minutes, without a scratch on him? Oh, and in the hallway, perfectly alright, while I walk the walk of “shame” down to the principal’s office.” The gesture that I made for the “walk of shame” was air quotes, definitely in a dramatic state. Willow and Victoria both let out a deep, drooping sigh as they gave me, “the look.”

---------“Look, seriously Spence, just because you like Dylan doesn't mean you have to go all ‘defense witch,’ for him. He’s not interested in you, no offence, so why are you trying to defend him when he’s done nothing for you?” Willow asked, slightly hesitated at the not interested part, wincing at the end of that sentence like she regretted everything she just said. Victoria, who was nodding, slowly clenched her hands around her clear water bottle, a look of thought on her face. Wait…did Willow, one of my other best friends for years on end, just say that offending statement to me? I couldn't believe it.

---------“I’m not interested in who?” a voice sounded behind us, which caused my blood to quickly turn to ice.

---------We all let out a nervous, short and uneasy laugh, all with strange and nervous smiles plastered on our faces. “Um, Dylan…” I said. “H-hi…” There was Dylan, a jock of our school. His eyes were a chocolaty brown that seemed to have milky swirls within them, with soft and silky, shaggy brown hair. On his head he wore one of those flat hats that said, New York GIANTS on it, and in his hand was a bottle of Coke. As I spoke to him, his face went in a strange way that made me turn around and rest my chin on the palm of my hand, letting my long hair hide my red face.

---------A moment’s silent rested upon the group, until finally, Dylan spoke once more. “I’m not interested in who?” he repeated, in a more annoyed voice. Victoria and Willow glanced at each other and in a crack though my hair, I saw Willow nervously twitch her jaw.

---------“Uh, Dylan, you wouldn’t have any idea who could of caused that accident across the school, would you?” Willow stammered uneasily. Now, Willow was usually one of the people in our group who stood up for a lot of people in our school. She was the nice one, as you might call it. Victoria was more of the rebel, and me? I’m not sure…I guess I’m more of the Queen Bee. I don’t really give myself labels. Now, I didn’t really give a crap of what people thought about me in my school, Lakeshore High. Everyone thought different; some thought I was a [censored], really nice, stubborn, snobby, and much more. Like I said, I only care about what ones I care about think of me. I moved my face out from my hair and glanced at the boy behind me.

---------Dylan’s expression was just plain confused. His eyes shifted dizzily over to my face, their chocolate depths wandering through my mind. Unsure, I moved my gaze away from his and looked down at my salad, nibbling slightly at the bacon bits resting on the lettuce. Then, he spoke, “Uh, I thought Spencer did it. That’s why she got called down to the office, right?” Dylan moved his shoulder bag from one shoulder to his other one, biting his lip slightly. A grin then spread on his face. “Wait, unless this was just a whole prank to get back at Tyler for trying to get into Victoria’s pants?”

---------“What?” I yelped, my green eyes widening in pure shock. Tori was my best friend, and she didn’t tell me? But who was to care? Tori was the type of girl to do bad things…but from Dylan’s expression, his friend had gotten rejected - badly. Victoria’s tan face went bright red, and as she sent a killer glare towards Dylan, stuttered words started spilling from her mouth, but I interrupted. “Whatever, Tori, its fine!” I clenched my fist in a strange, uncertain way before looking down once more.

---------“No, it’s not fine!” Willow snipped, her own eyes wide as a two dollar coin. She sent a shocked look towards her other friend. “You should have told us-,”

---------“I said it’s fine, Willow!” I shrieked, standing up quickly from the table. The lights, strangely, started to flicker, causing the whole cafeteria to turn and stare at me. My face was scrunched up in anger as I turned to look at Dylan, whose face was starting to get creeped out. “Dylan, forget about it, okay?” As I turned to go, someone I just did not want to see was facing me, with a tray full of juice and cold soup.

---------“Awe, going somewhere, Spence?” Dakota whined in a fake tone. Yes, Dakota. She, technically, was at the very top of the school. Popular, beautiful, snobby, with the perfect body and all the boys she can get. Her hair was down to her back, golden brown and curled neatly, resting on her shoulders. She pursed her glossed lips in a tight grin, holding out the tray towards me. Flanking her was her two “best friends”, Chloe and Janelle. My eyes narrowed, their glossy green depths flashing with pure sarcasm and hatred at the same time.

---------Then, with a tight smile, which was easily shown as fake, I said in a sickly sweet way, "Yes, actually. Somewhere to get away from that awful smell..." I put my index finger to my lips and leaved forward, taking in an exaggerated sniff. "Oh wait," I said sarcastically, "it's just you." Dakota's eyes widened as though she wanted to walk away, but then glanced around at the flickering cafeteria before raising her chin slightly.

---------She let out a bark of laughter. "Nice one, West. Hungry?" she purred, nudging her with the tray. "Or should I say, thirsty?" In a matter of seconds, Spencer was suddenly drenched in a mix of liquids. She cringed, wiping some soup and juice from her face. Something, she didn't know exactly what, rumbled from the back of her throat. Janelle and Chloe leaned in together, snickering about something she couldn't make out. The cafeteria burst into laughter, some people hanging back, some people shocked, as if they didn't know what just happened.

---------I felt my insides boil up, like a mix of baking powder and vinegar, about to blow. My fists were clenched, and I gritted my teeth together to keep from screaming out a battle cry. Dakota had dropped the tray, her head tilted back in uprising laughter. Suddenly, my hair starting swaying, as if there was a solid wind picking up inside the school, but mine was the only one blowing, while the lights still flickered. The laughter was slowing down, but it still continued. No one had ever laughed at me like this, and I had never been so humiliated in my life, and Dakota would pay.

---------The people around us seemed to go eerily silent. Outside it started to rain, pounding steadily on the glass windows that surrounded the school cafeteria. For some strange reason, I couldn't pick up on my this was all starting to happen with my mood changing. Ignoring all that, though, I stepped forward, narrowing my eyes sharply at Dakota. She instantly stopped laughing, her face going still, eyes dancing with pure confusion. My hair dripped with juice, but the sticky feeling felt like nothing at the moment. All of a sudden, Dakota was thrown across the room, as I could sense her shock and fear. She was slammed against the wall by...nothing. I hadn't even touched her, but it seemed as if wherever my eyes went, she went.

---------Then her body slammed through the windows, shattering glass all around the room. Students screamed in fear, and I could hear jumbled, "Freak!"s and "What the [censored]?!"s as they ran from the room. Dakota slammed into the ground, motionless, while I felt my vision slipping away. My eyes felt heavy, while something stung my arm. Then, silence.
. silent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WATCHING || A NOVEL

Postby Charias » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:44 am

{ This is amazing. It's really, really good. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Charias

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby . silent » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:14 am

]]-- Thank you so much! That encourages me even more! (:
    The next chapter probably won't be up for a while, though, since it takes me a long time to write them, but I'll try to get it up as fast as possible. Again, thank you!
. silent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby . silent » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:33 am

]]-- Bump! Bump!
. silent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby . silent » Wed May 01, 2013 9:34 am

. silent wrote:
    ]]-- Bump! Bump!
. silent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moskow » Wed May 01, 2013 11:10 am

{This is just wonderful! I can't wait untill the next chapter comes out <3

You're on a different road
I'm in the Milky Way
You want me down on Earth,
but I am up in space

I will not bow
I will not break
I will shut the world away
I will not fall
I will not fade
I will take your breath away
Moskow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby . silent » Sun May 05, 2013 11:29 am

]]-- Why, thank you!
    Bump!
    The chapter won't be up for a while. I've been quite busy, and I've not been feeling the greatest. Also, my own exhaustion is starting to kick in, unfortunately...
. silent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lennon » Mon May 06, 2013 7:19 am

Wow, this is wonderful! : )
I will be watching, waiting for the second chapter.
looking for some basic equine art
please pm me
will pay well

"whatever you are, be a good one."

young adult on the west coast
animal enthusiast = border collies, horses, reptiles
music lover = PA!D, NF, Rainbow Kitten Suprise
collecting all rats
donations appreciated

trade✼howrse✼want art of my dog✼Flight Rising✼
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx