One Day, I Will Find You... | Please Comment!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Do you like my writing? Give me some ideas also.

Yes, your a good writer!
80%
Meh, it's okay
20%
No, I don't think your a very good writer...
No votes
I will pm you some ideas
No votes
More detail
No votes

Total votes : 5

One Day, I Will Find You... | Please Comment!

Postby phyliss99 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Well, please read the whole thing... if you like it please post your comments!

Prolouge

have always dreamed of finding my best friend once more. I've roamed the forest searching for him since I was a young pup. I left my family all because of one wolf... there is no point in giving up now. My family is long gone, they left me. I changed. They blamed me. His family thought I pushed him into the roaring water, they though I forced him onto the branch that he fell from. They though I was the one who watched him float away, thrashing in the rushing water that took him away from me. Well I didn't. They were wrong. I had tried to help him. I tried to save him. We were pups, stupid, young pups. It wasn't my fault he fell. It wasn't. This was two years ago but I still see it vividly:

"Race you to the river!" my best friend, Ren, called to me.
I looked down at the ground nervously. "But my Mama said it was flooded and really dangerous today." It was true. The river had risen over the past few days because of heavy rainfall. Ren and my family had been forced to move to high grounds.
"Sissy, sissy, Icelily's a sissy." Ren taunted.
"Hey!" I squealed and leapt at him. He was too quick though and before I knew it he was heading to the river and I was following. That day had been particularly nice and sunny. The first none rainy day in a while. It was early spring and the temperatures were still cold. When I saw the river I skidded to a halt. It was roaring, it was ringing in my ears. "I don't think that's a good idea Ren..." I called to him as he headed towards a branch the stretched across the whole river. The river was
huge. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. The branch seemed to have been rotting in the middle where the current was the strongest. "Don't go out there, please!" I begged but he continued moving forward. "Ren!" I shouted as he ignored me.
"Calm down Icelily. It's perfectly fine."

Crack!
"Ren!" I pleaded. I looked towards the center where the branch was cracking. He was heading strait towards it.
Ren began to look nervous. "Woah," he muttered, getting thrown off balance by the shaking branch.
"Ren!" I cried out and I raced onto the branch. I had to help him before he was thrown into the water. "Ren, walk towards me!" I told him, fear shaking my voice. "Please, I don't want you to die."
He seemed to know what would happen next because he smiled at me and said, "Good bye, Icelily." With that the trunk snapped and he was thrown into the icy water.
"Ren!" I cried in pain and agony.
I saw nothing in the water, no head. Nothing. But one thing I knew for a fact. He was out there and I knew it. He had somehow survived, at least I could feel it. I looked around and Ren parents raced towards the branch.
"Where's Ren?" they asked.
I could only stare, tears swelling up in my eyes as I stared at the water.
"Icelily, where's Ren?"
I still didn't reply.
"You killed him didn't you!?" his mom howled at me. I watched his fathers fur stand on end.
"No! Never!" I stammered surprised.
"Icelily!" It was a relief when I saw my parents push their way past Ren's parents too me. They helped me off the branch.

That's when I changed. That's when I became the way I am today. But that was 2 years ago. But I was 4 months old at the time. Why wouldn't that changed a 4 month old pup?
Last edited by phyliss99 on Tue May 07, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phyliss99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: One Day, I Will Find You... | Please Comment!

Postby phyliss99 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:29 pm

- bump! -
phyliss99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phyliss99 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

- I won't post first chapter until I get some comments c: -
phyliss99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phyliss99 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:51 pm

- Please comment! -
phyliss99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phyliss99 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:39 am

- bump please comment! I won't post chapter 1 if I don't get at least 1 comment! -
phyliss99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sporemon » Wed May 08, 2013 11:41 am

It's really good! And it draws the reader in very well! Nice job! ^w^
Icon by lu-audrey !
sporemon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phyliss99 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:02 pm

- Thanks c: I will post chapter 1 shortly! -
phyliss99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phyliss99 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:48 pm

Chapter 1

As I trudge along in the forest, I scent the air momentarily, catching the scent of a deer. It's smell hung in my nose, making my mouth water. Almost there, I thought to myself. The scent was getting stronger and I could see the deer in the distance. I quickly slowed to a walk. As I neared the deer I crouched down low, slowly slinking forward. With a well thought out leap I land square on the deer's back.
I bit into the back of it's neck but it only slows it down a little. As it bucks I slide of the side and lunge at it's throat. As my teeth sink in I feel a warm drizzle of blood run down my muzzle as the deer falls lifeless. I drag the deer into the bushes and take a bite.

When I finish, I lick my lips and stand up, stretching my muscles. I soon remember a stream that runs near where I am. I begin pelting towards it, my strides long and smooth. Reaching the stream I drink the water, the cool, delicious water. Licking my chops I decide to follow the stream and see where it leads. As I pad along I think of Ren. Ever since the incident I felt it was my duty to find him. We were best friend and he would have done the same thing for me.
Focusing my mind on following the stream I squint, spotting a wolf up ahead. I can tell it's a brute but I don't know where he is looking. I walk closer, is he looking at me? Walking up to him he nods.
Strange. This wolf isn't territorial and doesn't seem to be aggresive. I know he isn't Ren though. Ren had black fur, this wolf has gray. I nod to him. "Hello,"
"Hello."
His voice is strong and confident. "Icelily, you?" I say trying not to let my nervousness show. I hadn't spoken to anyone in a while. For a second I dodn't think I could or even remembered how to speak.
"Smoke, where you heading?" He turned to face me.
"Just walking down stream. I've never seen you around, are you knew here?" I was already beginning to like him. He seemed strong, I could see his muscles rippling as he shuffled his paws.
Wait? Shuffling his paws. Was he nervous too?"
"Er- ya, I'm kind of new. I passed through here a while ago when I was a pup. I live up north."
"Ah, I see. Do you need me to show you around?"
"Sure."
I nod and we begin to walk. I can see me and him, us. Us with a family. Now I just have to get him to like me. Our future could be excellent if we both make the right choices.
phyliss99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sporemon » Thu May 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Awesome! Keep it going :D
Icon by lu-audrey !
sporemon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Thu May 09, 2013 7:29 pm

keep it up, this is great.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi