🐚 Hidden Hermits 🐚 [RAFFLE CLOSED]

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

🐚 Hidden Hermits 🐚 [RAFFLE CLOSED]

Postby NoProperTea » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:08 pm

[Welcome Banner Here]

Hermit Co Lore wrote: Have you ever wondered where your hair tie disappeared to? Or maybe why you're constantly running out of your favorite drawing pens?

Chances are, you fell victim to a Hidden Hermit! These pesky creatures are known for their thievery and elusive nature. They hide in the shadows, looking for their favorite items, and when they find one, they lay in waiting until they can snatch it!

We at Hermit Co are still learning about these wonderful creatures, but feel free to volunteer! Grab an item from the adoption zone (if any are available), and see if you can lure a Hermit yourself! If you manage to find a Hermit, it means it trusts you! Take it with you, use it as an oc, or put it in your forum signature! These loyal friends are ready for adventure.
Last edited by NoProperTea on Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:37 pm, edited 23 times in total.
NoProperTea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🐚 Rules 🐚

Postby NoProperTea » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:23 pm

Hermit Co Rules wrote:We at Hermit Co have a few basic rules for owner conduct and adoption. Failure to follow these rules could result in the repossession of your Hermit(s), but we know that no one is perfect and will try to be lenient with said rules.

1) You may use your Hermit anywhere and for anything. If you own them, they are yours.

2) If you submit a form to claim an item from the adoption center and find that someone else got it before you, please make a NEW POST. Do not edit your old/incorrect post.

3) Please credit a Hermit's artist for their design when appropriate. (You don't have to yell out the name of their artist all the time, but it would be nice to include a ToyHouse credit or something similar wherever you can!)

4) Do not claim Hermits you don't own.

5) Do not edit Hermits or their lineart in any way.

6) Do not create fake Hermits. If you are not a Hermit Co Artist, then you are not permitted to color the Hidden Hermit lineart and claim the designs as official Hidden Hermits. Users caught with fake Hermits may be banned.

7) If you have questions, please contact Hermit Co CEO, NoProperTea.
Last edited by NoProperTea on Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:37 am, edited 16 times in total.
NoProperTea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🐚 Adopt 🐚

Postby NoProperTea » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:26 pm

Hermit Co Lore wrote:Great news! Hermit Co is happy to announce a new batch of Hermits has been spotted nearby. Now, these little guys are quite nervous and need some convincing to come out of hiding.

To lure a Hidden Hermit, please take an item from the adoption center (if any are available) and wait for a Hidden Hermit to approach you. Once all items have been claimed, Hermit Co will release a list of all the newly discovered Hermits and their owners.

Oh, and you may have realized - you will not know what your Hermit looks like until you've already adopted it! Still, their favorite items seem to correlate with their designs. Hidden Hermits may be vain creatures, preferring items that look like them! I do so enjoy learning new things about these little guys.

Hermit Co Help wrote:To grab an item, please fill out one of the forms below. You may QUOTE your form and change the item you're grabbing if someone else gets to it first. We have two different types of items here at Hermit Co - FCFS (First Come, First Serve) items and Raffle Items. Be sure to grab the correct form for the item you want!

FCFS Form wrote:
Username + ID Number:
Item Number:
Batch Name: Lovely Hermits
Raffle Form wrote:Username + ID Number:
Raffle Number(s):
Batch Name: Lovely Hermits

Flavor Text wrote:Valentine's Day is coming up, and many, many letters (perhaps love notes?) have been coming through Hermit Co, and we just can't keep! We dropped a whole stack of them - stamps and sweet hearts scattered everywhere! Hurry, pick one up before the Hermits get them first!

FCFS Hermits will be posted as soon as all stamps have been picked up.

ACTION END DATE: February 12

FCFS Items wrote:0001

RaffleItems wrote:

Last edited by NoProperTea on Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:37 am, edited 22 times in total.
NoProperTea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🐚 Shelter 🐚

Postby NoProperTea » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:30 pm

Hermit Co Lore wrote:Once a Hidden Hermit has adapted to life alongside humans, they'll never want to be alone again.

That is to say, unwanted Hermits will need to find new owners once their original ones are ready to move on. That's perfectly okay, and we at Hermit Co are here to help these secondhand Hermits find their new homes!

Adoption Rules wrote:1) Adoptions are all FCFS.

2) You may only adopt one Hermit from the shelter each week.

3) If your repossessed Hermit is up for adoption here, you may not apply to readopt it.

Abailable Hermits wrote:There are no Hermits available for adoption right now!

Adoption Form wrote:I want to adopt a Hidden Hermit from the shelter!
Username + ID Number:
Hermit ID:

Donation Form wrote:I want to leave my Hidden Hermit at the shelter!
Username + ID Number:
Hermit: (put an image of your Hermit, link to their original post, or paste their ID here)
Last edited by NoProperTea on Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:06 am, edited 7 times in total.
NoProperTea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🐚 Events 🐚

Postby NoProperTea » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:34 pm

Hermit Co wrote:The first batch is coming!

The CEO of Hermit Co is preparing the first batch of Hermits right now. Their wiggly wigglers and pinching pincers are being tested, and they all seem to be in good health! While we all wait for their arrival, though, can I ask a favor of you, potential owners?

I need inspiration, desperately. We are still learning about these little guys and testing to see what items may lure Hermits out of hiding. So far, I've tested glitter gel pens, a pearl necklace, peppermint candies, and a paint brush among other things. Hermits seem to like small items that they can easily drag somewhere and hide with. So, what do you think we should try? What are some items Hermits might enjoy?

To participate in this prompt, use the form below. I may use your responses to create future Hermits, and I will pick FIVE participants to win custom Hermits via a random number generator!

Prompt Form wrote:I know what Hermits like!
Username + ID Number:
Item Idea(s):
Your Favorite Color:
Last edited by NoProperTea on Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
NoProperTea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🐚 Breeding + Customs 🐚

Postby NoProperTea » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:40 pm

Get a Custom Hermit wrote:So, you have an idea for a Hermit, and you need an artist to make it! Great!

Here's what you need to know:
+ Each Hermit Co Artist Sets Their Own Prices

+ Rare Traits Cost More Than More Common Ones

+ If your custom design is not completed within a week, please contact Hermit Co CEO NoProperTea, and he will resolve the issue or do the custom design instead of your initial artist.

+ No offensive or inappropriate designs will be approved by Hermit Co, and requesting harmful designs may result in a ban from Hermit Co.

+ To order a design, find an artist with open commission slots, fill out the commission form (at the bottom of this post), and send your payment as a ready-to-accept trade. Make sure your artist knows the payment is for a custom.

Available Artists:
NoProperTea wrote:
NoProperTea

Customs: OPEN

Slot 1: Empty
Slot 2: Empty
Slot 3: Empty

My Prices:
As these are the very early days of Hermit Co, I am taking bribes - offer anything.
I will accept custom commissions that I find interesting or have payments I can't resist.

Custom Form:
Custom Form wrote:I Want a Custom Hermit!
Username + ID Number:
Desired Artist:
Custom Concept:
An Item Your Hermit Would Like:
Link to Payment:
Last edited by NoProperTea on Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
NoProperTea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🐚 Active Artists 🐚

Postby NoProperTea » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:43 pm

Hermit Co wrote:
Hermit Co CEO:
NoProperTea

Active Artists:
NoProperTea
(Please Apply if Interested.)
Last edited by NoProperTea on Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
NoProperTea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🐚 Become an Artist 🐚

Postby NoProperTea » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:46 pm

HERMIT CO WANTS YOU TO BE AN ARTIST

Artist Requirements wrote:+ Must be At Least 18 Years Old
This may change in the future, depending on who applies to be artists.

+ Must Have Access to Photo-Editing Softare
MS Paint or similar software is acceptable, you just need to be able to color provided lineart.

+ Must be Willing to Work Collaboratively with All Hermit Co Employees
Hermit Co CEO will not tolerate drama, fighting, or mean behavior among employees.

+ Must Join the Hermit Co Discord

+ Must Like Hidden Hermits

Artist Agreement wrote:+ By applying to work at Hermit Co, please understand that you will not be paid any real-world money for the designs you create.
However, you may take as many custom design commissions as you would like and charge whatever amount of C$ or Rare+ Pets you deem fair for your work.

+ As an artist at Hermit Co, you may be asked to create free batches of Hermit designs.
You will never be asked to create more than 16 designs for any one batch, often fewer. These designs will not be paid for, but these free batches are what keep Hermit Co up and running. Hermits need homes!

+ As an artist, you must not abuse your position to steal art / Hermits belonging to other people.

+ All design work must be your own and not stollen from other artists or directly from AI.

+ Hermit Co Artists earn a custom design from Hermit Co CEO for each free batch they create. Artists may also choose to create their own custom design instead, if so desired.

To apply to become an artist, please fill out the following form and post it here in the forum:

Application Form wrote:I Want to Work for Hermit Co!
Username + ID Number:
Why? :
Examples of Your Art: (Attach some examples, post a link, whatever.)
Are You Sure? :

Hermit Co CEO will be very picky choosing artists in the early days of Hermit Co, so please be patient. I appreciate any and all applications. Thank you for your time and being interested in working for Hermit Co!
Last edited by NoProperTea on Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:44 am, edited 7 times in total.
NoProperTea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🐚 Rarity Guide 🐚

Postby NoProperTea » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:48 pm

I will put the rarity guide here once I know what I'm doing.

For now, here is an example of a completely normal Hermit. When commissioning a custom, feel free to ask for changes to this design.

Aspects That Can Be Changed:
Ears
Shell
Mouth
Eye Shine
Last edited by NoProperTea on Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
NoProperTea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🐚 Shop 🐚

Postby NoProperTea » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:49 pm

I'll put a shop here eventually. Hopefully.
Last edited by NoProperTea on Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
NoProperTea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me