Tracker Dogs

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Tracker Dogs

Postby DoctorDraca » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:40 pm

The new batch of Tracker is live! This time your mission is to write a full story about your chosen Tracker. Whether that be long or short is entirely up to you! I've added some info to each dog to make it easier, but feel free to deviate from the given profile.

The writing contest is 2 weeks to give everyone plenty of time. :)

I'm very proud of some of these designs, so I can't wait to see what you all come up with!
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tracker Dogs (new batch!)

Postby FleaTea » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:04 am

I want to claim a Tracker Dog!
Username: FleaTea
Tracker ID: #014

Dog's name: Aloe
Story:
Aloe sleeps in her kennel most of the time. After she lost her owner, she hasn't felt the motivation to do anything but sleep. She doesn't even prick her ears at the sound of footsteps coming down the hall of the kennel, but slightly lifts her head as she hears the soft words of a person talking to her. When gentle fingers touch Aloe's head, the voice promising something about a good new home and good care, she is met with a flashback:

Aloe and Tora, her owner, were out on a mission. After a new type plant scientists were growing and experimenting with was stolen, Tora had been called to help them find it.
The plant was extremely valuble and dangerous, as it responds differently to kinds of sounds, specifically music. As long as it has gentle sounds to listen to, it will stay dormant. But when it gets no music for a while, or angry and rough music, it becomes dangerous. As seen in studies, it tends to locate the person or device making the sounds, and crush or strangle it. If the people that took the plant was unaware of this, could be in grave danger.
Tora placed her hand on Aloe's head and let her taste the scent of a leaf that fell off and was left behind. Eventually they found the thieves' car where it was parked and left on the sidewalk. It was already night time, and further down the hill next to the road was a little tent set up.
The detectives slowly approached the tent, only to hear a father playing with his son.
Apparently one of the newer scientists had left the plant outside the greenery when it was throwing a tantrum and forgot it there. When a father walked by, he thought the "neglected" plant would be a perfect gift for his nature-loving son, whose birthday would be the following day.
When Tora heard this story, she promised to find another gift for the son and that she would buy it, since the small family did not have the money.
Tora paid the scientists for a small subspecies of the plant. It only responds to happy music. Other music will simply make it dormant. When she gave it to the little boy the next day, his joy was worth every coin spent. After they played with Aloe for a bit, Tora and her Tracker went home again, her soft touch assured Aloe that they would stay best friends forever.

Aloe jumps up, the ache in her chest slowly making space for hope. When she is led out of the kennel, she suddenly realises that Tora would not have wanted her to sleep and be sad all the time, but rather live a happy life with a new owner. This is what she would want :]

Sorry if this is very long haha I got carried away. Great work on the litter, they're all so beautiful!
FleaTea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a_dreemurr » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:03 pm

Username: a_dreemurr
Tracker ID: #017

Dog's name: Ichor
Story: (with song! Lights - Ellie Goulding (cover by Omar Rodríguez-López)

In this alley, the soft drip of rain off of awnings and railings into the puddles below was becoming maddening. Ichor heard each drop fall from the edge of his makeshift canopy of tarp like stones into the water; his heavy growl of a sigh marking his lack of enthusiasm for this wet noisiness. These ears caught every drip, drop, and splash as they happened, welling into a cacaphony that made the tracker tuck his head under his front paws in an attempt to subdue it at all. Even worse, this constant rain was stifling his sense of smell. He couldn't roam around in this even if he wanted to.

The last thing that Ichor would've expected, two small, soft hands came over his ears. He pulled back instantly, a snarl ripping from his throat and pulling a gasp from the culprit as they stumbled backwards. The little oof as they fell back onto the pavement made him pause, however. That sounded like... He moved his head forward again to take a deep sniff, earning a giggle in response and something that, through the rain, sounded akin to "good doggie." A child. Of course.

Ichor would never hurt a child, but he certainly didn't want to deal with the trouble that having one around could cause. He gave his best attempt at a growl, one that must've been pitiful enough through his pain to warrant another giggle and the child once again stepping forward to cover his ears with their little hands.

It didn't stop the sound entirely, but it made it... more bearable. He sighed in defeat. Maybe, just for now, he would allow this little thing to help him since they seemed so intent on it. And maybe, a VERY tentative maybe, he would walk them wherever they needed to go once this rain was over. Just to be sure. But for now, he could finally close his eyes. Ichor could finally find some rest.

(what a wonderful batch of pups!! we really needed to take our time deciding who we wanted to enter for, we also really loved #011, #012, #016, + #020!! ^^)
angus | adult | they/it
collecting all spiders! (80/84) :)
a_dreemurr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby medimedes » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:23 pm

Username: RammuIsWeird
Tracker ID: 17

Dog's name: Aurum
Story:

As Aurum stepped from the facility into the bright, warm sun, he lifted his nose to smell the air. It smelled sweet, but fresh. As he tentatively touched the ground with his paw, he recoiled! He was not used to the nice texture under his feet. As he stepped slowly into the outside world, a rush of joy went through him. He started to run though the field, he was so happy! His golden accents were glinting on the sun, making him look ethereal. He rolled in the soft grass until he heard it crunch about a yard away. He whipped his head up and smelled the air. It was a human, but it didn’t smell of the ones from the facility. He mustered up a snarl and made himself look big.
“Hey, I won’t hurt you,” a soft voice from the human rang out like bells in a church. He calmed down, this human seemed nicer than the ones in the facility.
“Come here, you look hungry,” the human spoke again, accompanied by the sound of a package rustling. After a ripping noise, the smell of spicy meat overwhelmed Aurum’s senses. The human waved it in front of him, and he gently grabbed it with his teeth. It tasted nice, and he felt happier around the human. Aurum got a little nervous when he felt the human’s hand around his head, but he soon realized that it was a nice feeling. He pushed his head into the human’s hand. After petting him, they got up with a grunt and started to walk away. Aurum let out a whine and the human made a suprised noise.
“Do you want to come home with me little dude?” The human asked. Of course, Aurum didn’t know what they were saying, but he followed them anyway. Soon they were inside a warm room. He got sleepy and soon curled on a soft material. He was happy and content.
Last edited by medimedes on Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi I'm Thalimule
Im an artist
I enjoy Tf2 greatly!
Those are my Tf2 ocs! Refresh to see a new one :]
2 years on cs!
pm me with a silly photo of your pet and ill try to draw them
medimedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heartofilum » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:07 pm

Username: heartofilum
Tracker ID: #011

Dog's name: Alvar (Viper when last returned to kennels)
Story:

Branches whipped past, hardly leaving a sting on Viper's hide, they had broken out. They were tired of waiting around for some silly human to pick them only to be returned again. Viper had been through six homes by now. Every time they disobeyed a ridiculous order their previous owners got more and more frustrated until they inevitably ended up back in the shelter.

Viper felt a hollow feeling in their chest as they followed the scent of a hidden trail, slinking through ally ways, backyards, and finally into the woods where they broke into a sprint. That's where they were now, running with no direction and a sense of loss.

"Help! Ple-" a sharp cry was cut off and Viper dug their claws into the ground and pivoted to the right without a thought. The scent was soon picked up and Viper ran even faster. The shadowy figure didn't even have time to register the flashes of red in the trees before Viper had knocked him down and against a tree, leaving the man unconscious.

The Tracker turned to the sound of some sniffles behind them, lowering themself to the ground, Viper slowely shuffled forward on their belly.

The sounds of crying got louder. Viper stopped and let out a whine, ears down and tail wagging, showing they were friendly to this person. Even going as far as resting their head on the ground and letting their tongue flick about.

Whoever this person was, their crying slowly stopped, replaced by a wet giggle, "h-hello there, did you come to help me?"
At that Viper wagged their tail faster and perked their ears up.
"Well.. thank you? I'm not from around here you could say..." The person slowly leaned forward and held their hand out, allowing Viper to close the gap.

Their skin.. it didn't feel like a human hand? There were five fingers but it felt different somehow. Viper curiously shuffled forward and allowed this person to stroke their head, the rough texture oddly soothing. Now this was someone Viper wanted to stay with, this person seemed interesting.

"Hmm..." The being made as thoughtful sound "I should be getting back home, this place seems to think I'm a monster of some sort. Would you like to come with me?"

Viper didn't hesitant to agree, pushing their head into the beings hand, nuzzling closer, long tongue curling up to lick the beings face.

"Alright, sounds good to me!" The being said, "I should give you a name, how about... Alvar?"
heartofilum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Beezhivez » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:09 pm

Username: Beezhivez
Tracker ID: #020

Dog's name: Gunner
Story:

Not for the light of heart, Gunner has been on many a mission dealing with those deemed too dangerous for society. Once a military dog, Gunner has a routine etched into his mind like an engraving on a plaque. He was once known for intimidating those who held those hostage into backing down, but now? Here he was, waiting for a new owner. He used to have an owner at first, at least in his mind. A gruff, deep-voiced man who gave him orders with ease on whatever field they ran on. He thought that was the one he would stay with.

Apparently not.

The one that stepped into the room smelled.. different. Not all sweat and muscle. Lighter, friendly. they were different. He didn't know if he liked different.

"So, you've had a Tracker before?" The voice of an employee, he's found, not too nasally but enough to make his ears twitch and teeth tap. He didn't like his voice.

"Not have, I have one. Safaia, he's my first." Their voice was.. newer. Softer, sweet even, slow like they thought about their words before speaking. "I got him a while back, he enjoys running around the large yard we have. Originally we fostered working dogs before being adopted out. We also occasionally go hunting, if that helps." Gunner's ears perked up at that, hunting? He had never been hunting, but the sound of chasing down prey and bringing it back to be congratulated sounded nice.

"You also said the acres you live on have a farm as well?" The employee asked. The possible owner turned, possibly towards him.

"Yeah, it's small, but we have a herd of sheep and goats that he can work on if he's more of a herding dog." They said. Gunner heard the tell-tale scratch of a pen on a clipboard.

"Gunner's been through extensive training for rescue missions and is high-energy, legally I have to remind you that Tracker Dogs are working dogs, they aren't made to lounge around in a house all day. They're known to tear up anything and everything if they're bored." The spines on the Tracker rattled with annoyance, Gunner was getting tired of the employee's voice in his ear. He straightened up when he heard a presence in front of him though, the new scent stronger, in front of his nose.

He flinched when a warm hand came down upon his head, gentle as he was pet. This was.. new. The only times he was pet was when he did a good job on a mission, so being rewarded without doing.. anything, made his tail wag, just slightly. A huff of a laugh came from.. his new owner, he'd decided.

"I think he'll be fine at my house. Could I sign the papers?"
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

bB
bE
bE
bZ
bH
bI
bV
bE
bZ

bbbbImage

bbbbbbbTHIS CREEPING, SEEPING, SICKLY, SWEEPING

⛈ Bee or Beezhivez
⛈ Any Neopronouns
⛈ Nonbinary
⛈ Artist
⛈ Writer

I promise I'm not scary, please interact! :]

bbbbImage
bbbbPAIN AND HEARTACHE . . .

Beezhivez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heartofilum » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:24 pm

may I updated twoTracker Dogs?
Tracker ID: lost (lost in 2011)

Dog's name: Ghoul
Image: spent time digging up lost OCS

Dog's name: Velvet
Image: and the second
heartofilum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:24 am

heartofilum wrote:may I updated twoTracker Dogs?

Dog's name: Ghoul
Image: spent time digging up lost OCS

Dog's name: Velvet
Image: and the second

No need for the IDs of the older dogs. I can't remember them either lmao.
I actually made alterations to the lineart so you could have your rugged Tracker revamped. :)
I'll also PM you the ref sheets!

------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby servetier » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:57 am

Username: servetier
Tracker ID: #020
Dog's name: Veritas
Story:
----
Somewhere, in a dying galaxy, an abandoned planet, you may stumble across an old building, remarkably pristine compared to the ruined surroundings. Within that building is an Archive, a collection of everything that has ever existed, every book and story and Truth that has ever been known.
And somewhere, in the ruins, is a Tracker, searching the rubble for what has long been Lost.
With the burning curiosity of the gods, Veritas wanders, searching for lost knowledge amidst the rubble of the stars. Veritas and the Curator are bonded in one thing - a desire for more. A desire to learn, to open the secrets hidden behind lost doors.
Along the Tracker Dog's collar, a message is engraved.
Veritas et Vanitas.
It is the same creed written upon the walls of the Archive, the shortened form of a motto held by the Curator.
Truth lies in vanity, vanity lies in truth.
----
Hi! This is my submission - I often go by 'The Curator' online, as a sort of persona. I thought it'd be interesting to tell the story of the Tracker Dog that searches for the knowledge stored in the Curator's archives, so that's what this is! This species is really cool, I'll probably make my own even if I don't win!
☆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(𝐹𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑡𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑆𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠𝑚𝑎𝑛) ▬☆
Ser/Curator, They/Them, Young Adult
I love moths, Genshin Impact, and drawing!
Trading Thread, Art Shop (Closed), Trades/PMs open!
Iʻm a holibomber! 9 gifts given, 14 gifts received.
☆▬ (𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑟𝑜𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝐷𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑠) ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬☆

[IMAGES TO BE ADDED]
servetier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby appleschloss » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:15 am

Username: appleschloss
Tracker ID: 12

Dog's name: Shorelines at Nightfall "Lunar"
Story: She remembers having met someome that wasn’t one of the handlers one time.

Not that she didn't like her handlers, but this person had been different. They pet her and looked her over and then mentioned something about wanting her. About her being a perfect showdog.

So she started training, knowing this person would come back once she was trained and ready. Everyday she got better until it was the day she was meant to go to her new home. She had been so excited to see the person again and show them how much she'd improved.

So excited.

But they never showed up.

She didn't give up hope for a few days but as more went on she started to wonder if maybe they'd forgotten her. Was she not good enough? Did she need more training? Why didn’t they come get her?

Every day she looked up and hoped she'd see that person, to see a different face again, but as each day continued to pass she felt more defeated. Her handlers still took care of her, of course, and some days she put her heart into training, hoping she could be good enough for the person to come back. Some days, though, her heart just wasn't into it.

It was one of those days where she felt particularly sad when her ears suddenly picked up on a voice she hadn’t heard before. This wasn't horribly uncommon, she'd seen many of her fellow companions be taken with new people, and the voice wasn’t that of the other person anyway.

The voice grew nearer, though.

"Yeah no Bio's doing great. I've been doing scent work with him and he's just a natural. He helps me out around the house mostly, but I think he's a bit lonely. Well, maybe it's me, I think a companion would be good for him. You said in our emails you might have a good fit for us right?"

The person walked around the corner as one of her handlers gestured to her kennel. She looked up at the person, who squatted down in front of the kennel and smiled. The person had kind eyes. She heard her tail thump and the person smiled as she extended her head to sniff her hand.

Without looking away the person asked. "What happened to her?"

"Her original inquiry was in regards to showing, but the owner never showed up and hasn't answered any of our attempts at getting ahold of them. I have noticed a personality shift because of it, but your work with Bioware and your history has me thinking you'd be a good fit for her. Help her gain her confidence back."

The person nodded along. "I'm sold. I'll take her home with me."

The two started talking again, mentions of paperwork, but she was only paying attention to the person. Home? She's leaving here?

As she was lead out of the facility a bit later, she heeled like a pro, though she was all but leaning into the person's leg as she did. The person smiled and patted her head. "Don't worry, you're coming with me. I promise." The person kept looking at her for a moment as they walked. "Showdog huh? Maybe I could get into that for you. Or maybe we could try agility or frisbee but, why not give you a name that suits that?"

The person looked her over for a minute. "Maybe something to do with the ocean? Your coat looks really pretty in the sunlight but I bet it'd be stunning at night."

They snapped their fingers. "Shorelines at Nightfall. That sounds pedigree. A fancy name for a fancy dog." They looked back down at her and smiled. "Though maybe a big long to say when I'm trying to call you. How about Lunar for short?"

Lunar panted happily, her tail wagging slightly. She had a name! And a person! And maybe even another pack member? Someone named Bioware? Either way she was so excited to go home and learn everything about her new life.

This day couldn't get any better.

╭───────∘°°∘───────╮
sʜᴇ⋆ʜᴇʀ​​​​​​​​​​ ᴘᴀɴ⋆ᴀᴄᴇ ᴀᴅᴜʟᴛ​​​​​
⋆ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ :)
╰───────°∘∘°───────╯

Image Image Image

ImageImage

Image..Image
╔⏤⏤⏤ 𝑪𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒔 ⏤⏤⏤╗
Image Image
╚⏤⏤⏤ °•. ✿ .•° ⏤⏤⏤╝
appleschloss