Tracker Dogs

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: Tracker Dogs

Postby Popper_Cornz » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:06 am

I want to claim a Tracker Dog!
Username: Popper_Cornz
Tracker ID: #070
Tracker Dog's name: Regal
Their first mission:
I recently adopted a new aquatic tracker pup for this job. I originally adopted him for this job, but after a while of working with him I started to get attached. I had been calling him Seven for a while now, as that was the first number of his ID. It seemed to fit him for a while while I was getting to know him.

As I began to grow attached to him I settled on the name Regal for him. He had been showing signs of his personality shortly after I adopted him. He seemed to be a powerful pup. He always had his head held high, and would always try to take charge when things got tough. He had saved me more than once before I really noticed this in him.

Scientists have recently discovered an underwater source of power, turning fish into aggressive monsters. I have been assigned to investigate this power source. I decided to bring Regal with me as he was a very loyal pup, he was always so eager to help when ever there was trouble. He was very protective of me. And even though he loves food and being pet, he always looks to me to tell him it is okay.

Regal and I are tasked with discovering this power source and find out why it is causing fish to change drastically. We start heading there today!

Would be my first doggo! I hope this is okay!
Popper_Cornz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zentropy » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:08 am

Username: Zentropy
Tracker ID: #66
Tracker Dog's name: B1iJ [Blitz]
Their first mission: wip!!
Ranger Log: K.Dressler [R9.1X.93]
The company’s newest tracker dog, B1iJ, is arriving at the Haling Cove headquarters today. The Sanctuary staff have been noticing a significant increase in land erosion in areas where polluted water has drastically affected the coral reef ecosystem. We requested assistance from our contacts in Zagare who have acted as liaisons between us and the Tracker Dog facility. I’m still not entirely sure how these dogs exist, but I’ve dealt with literal unicorns and other mystical equines for so long that nothing really fazes me much anymore.

Mission_CR001 Briefing: K.Dressler w/ B1iJ [R9.1X.93]
Local Ranger Kassidy Dressler, accompanied by Tracker Dog #B1iJ, are to patrol the eastern coast area BC23. Mission will run between R9.1X.93 - R9.2X.93. Gear and equipment will be provided by the Sanctuary as well as training material for B1iJ provided by the Facility. Examine for signs of illegal trespassing, dumping, or property damage as likely cause for erosion. TD#B1iJ is trained for foreign scents that come from said intrusions. Follow-up missions and interventions will be discussed after the analysis and or success of Mission_CR001.

Field Log_01: K.Dressler [R9.1X.93]
B1iJ is young, but it’s training in coral reef restoration makes it an ideal candidate as a partner to us at the Sanctuary. It reacts with lightning speed whenever I use its commands and pays attention to everything around it with acute fascination. The handler recommended I give it a nickname as a form of bonding, so I went with Blitz. I think it likes the name. I also wasn’t expecting how soft Blitz is, as it has a fine coat of fuzz everywhere except the fin-like membranes protruding from its body. I hope it continues to behave even if the handler is no longer in the room. I consider myself good with animals…but Blitz is unlike anything I’ve worked with before.

[On Site – BC23]
The day is perfect for a several hour hike up and down the coast.

Field Log_02: K.Dressler [R9.2X.93

Congrats on the guest artist position! This batch is gorgeous~
Last edited by Zentropy on Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Zen! Image

ImageImageImage
Image-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage Image Image
Zentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tracker Dogs (new batch)

Postby Azphen » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:31 am

Username: Azphen (ID 757932)
Tracker ID: #067
Tracker Dog's name: Aloki
Their first mission:
    I took a deep slow sigh, adjusting the scuba mask on my face to try and alleviate the headache it was giving me. My hands were exhausted from gripping the bar of the pseudo-torpedo taking me to an oil rig that was apparently still a mile out. Fantastic.

I yawned. The most interesting intel mission in the history of ever.

Nothing new, and not the most stressful thing I've done by far, but our unit had a new friend this time-- more specifically, I had a new partner. I looked down to my left to look at the dog strapped to the thing we were on by a glorified harness. I cracked a smile under my mask.

"Hey, Aloki. Do the thing."

The tracker dog's attentive gaze flitted towards me upon hearing their name. I couldn't see much since it was nighttime and we were about a hundred yards under the ocean surface, but after a moment, the pink features on the tracker dog's body gave off a soft bioluminescent glow.

A sharp voice cut into my earpiece. "Can you cut that out? If anyone up there has eyes, they can see that!"

"Ehe," I gave a small laugh before motioning for Aloki to go dark. We were once again consumed by the night's dark depths. "They gave me a glowstick with legs."

"They gave us an expensive tool to gather intel with."

I grinned and looked at my new buddy. "And he'll do just fine. Surface, plant the sensors, quick all-around check, leave. In and out. Easy first mission for the puppy."

"It's not a--" my earpiece began to crackle. "Whatever. Kill the comms, you're getting close."

He was right. My eyes refocused on the pillars holding up the oil rig, getting closer by the second. After a few more moments, I re-checked the camera fastened to Aloki's head before unfastening him and myself from the small delivery vehicle we were attached to. We made eye contact for a moment, then I swam to the nearest pillar to attach the first movement sensor, Aloki deliberately staying a few yards behind me.

After I made sure it was secured, I swam back to him and wrapped my arms around his torso before gently patted his webbing to signal that I was ready to go up. The webbing slowly but surely inflated with air, and within the next ten seconds, our heads quietly broke the surface under the water. Aloki was on high alert, head swerving and ears twisting to take in all of the sounds of the oil rig above us. He had been through training, I knew, but surely a first mission is as nerve-wracking for a dog as they are for a human?

Aloki began to slowly and silently snake through the water, looking in the direction of any noise so the camera on his head could capture it. I reached up and fastened more sensors beneath the catwalks that were stationed at the very bottom of the oil rig. It was only what could be considered the ground floor, however it would still allow us a decent estimate of the amount of foot traffic in the rig. Every piece of intel would be essential to the team that was brought here next.

I suppressed a shudder. Aloki's probably lucky he works with me instead of them. I put my focus back into carefully placing the sensors in the nooks and crannies of the catwalk, where they would be barely visible.

After what was probably an hour, my arms and shoulders burned like hell-- but we were done. Aloki had circled back to me many times to check on me throughout the process before continuing to gather what information he could.

We were back together now, and I leeched off of Aloki's energy by simply holding onto him as he swam through the depths. I let out a long sigh. "Good job, buddy. There's a boat waiting for us, so you won't have to swim for much longer. Hopefully what we got will help out the guys after us, yeah?"

No response, but the tracker dog let me use him as a submarine, so that was nice. At least I wouldn't get stranded.

"Yeah... you did good. We'll go somewhere cooler next time, maybe," I told him.

ImageImage
xxxxxxxxcall me azphen, az, lance—xxxxxxxx
whatever you want.

he/him. i like collecting things
Azphen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reki. » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:58 am

Username: Reki.
Tracker ID: #69
Tracker Dog's name: Trent
Their first mission:
Mission Briefing wrote:
Travel to the Peru-Chile Trench to begin. You must survey the surroundings and deem this a safe dive point.
Documenting the conditions, weather, tides, and other divers must be done before you send your tracker down.
You are to study the creatures and organisms in the deep as well as monitor for any changes throughout the dive.
This is a large territory and this mission will last 3 months.

---
Trent and their handler excited with the news start to pack up from their training location in anticipation to leaving for their upcoming mission.
"This is all in preparation of our dream mission after all! We are going to work our way to the deepest depths of the ocean to discover what may lie beneath in the Mariana Trench - "The Challengers Deep"."
Reki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:30 am

Winners will be chosen in a couple of hours. Be sure to finish up your stories if you haven't already!
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:08 am

The winners have been chosen! As usual, the stories were incredible and #066 proved to be the most popular one of all.

Unfortunately, no stories were completed for #068, so I will allow anyone who didn't win to write a new short story for this Tracker if they so wish, with the deadline being monday. Of course, those with WIPs can also finish them. :)

Tracker Dog #066 » werepickle
Designed to assist in coral reef restoration, this tracker dog is fiercely loyal and unwilling to back down from a fight. While it's temperament is peaceful and easygoing, it will turn on a dime to fulfill it's duty. Most comfortable where it's warm, this canine is best suited for work in tropical waters.

adopt
Code: Select all
[img]https://i.imgur.com/uJF0r1d.png[/img]

full ref
https://i.imgur.com/uAJGK0z.png

Tracker Dog #067 » Azphen
This tracker dog is light weight and has the unique ability to fill it's webbing with air, allowing it to float to the surface of any body of water. Stoic and reserved, this dog is ideal for stealth missions, designed to gather information near sources of water, able to simply float on the water's surface in silence.

adopt
[img]https://i.imgur.com/53wwm6i.png[/img]

full ref
https://i.imgur.com/RmNIuTH.png

Tracker Dog #068 » Ekklipse
This little guy is about half the size of your typical aquatic tracker. They are quick and quiet, always ready to get the job done as efficiently as possible. Despite their bright colors, this tracker dog is suitable for any work, in or out of the water. They are eager to please and ready to get started.

adopt
[img]https://i.imgur.com/zIGRb8m.png[/img]

full ref
https://i.imgur.com/xb9djtC.png

Tracker Dog #069 » criana
Uniquely suited for extreme depths, this tracker dog was designed for deep sea exploration. Slow moving on the ocean floor, they take the time to survey their surroundings to obtain as much information as possible. They bond closely with their handler and will often take on the primary personality traits of said handler.

adopt
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZERHmub.png[/img]

full ref
https://i.imgur.com/b1LR0Ca.png

Tracker Dog #070 » heartofilum
Large and powerful, this tracker dog was designed to protect underwater power sources. Though brutish in appearance, they are particularly mellow, and rumor has it they can easily be bought with snacks and pets if anyone wants access to whatever it is guarding.

adopt
[img]https://i.imgur.com/HABPDuv.png[/img]

full ref
https://i.imgur.com/E9to1dt.png

Last edited by DoctorDraca on Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tracker Dogs (winners p. 41)

Postby Nachtmerrie » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:31 am

Username: KlickBrood
Tracker ID: #068
Tracker Dog's name: Marlin
Their first mission:

Marlins first mission is to monitor the amount of Eels in the area. With a small water-proof go pro attached to its head, Marlin is to swim throughout coral reefs, sticking its head in crevices to identify any life. Recently, a massive Eel outbreak has arisen, destroying the sea life around them.

With daily dives and recordings, Marlin is helping to monitor the rising numbers of the eels so divers could go back in and.. remove the Eels from the reefs. With Marlins help, the numbers will drop and the reef ecosystems will be saved.

side note; I dont often right stories, so I apologize if its a little short or weirdly worded ^^'
Nachtmerrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ekklipse » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:31 am

Congrats to everyone!! ^^
┍━━━━━━━✁━━━━━━━┑
"Quote here!" - WIP!
┕━━━━━━━✃━━━━━━━┙
⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙
⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰
Sunny / Inky | He/They
───── ❝ Ekklipse is a self-taught artist whose inspiration is anything but normal.❞ ─────

Please click please!
https://formula9.ddns.net/u/Ekklipse/286
Ekklipse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby siren<3 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:17 am

Username: siren<3
Tracker ID: #068
Tracker Dog's name: sruth
Their first mission: since my new tracker is smaller, they're perfect for our mission. we've been tasked to map out all unidentified rivers and streams in the nearby mountains, and it seems i was right! sruth seemed eager to get working when i put the tracking collar they needed on them. Once they were all set they dove into the quick currents with ease, all i could see was the tip of their fins as they circled and turned around any obstacle. Our base wasn't too far so when the sun began to set i caught up to sruth and we walked back home, ready for an amazing sleep and another day of mapping out our forest!
Hello!

You can call me Siren or Jae<3 I'm really new, but want to start a lion hoard! (they/she please!)

siren<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ekklipse » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:35 am

Username: Ekklipse
Tracker ID: 068
Tracker Dog's name: Savvi
Their first mission:

"What is it?"
"T-Theyre called a Tracker Dog sir."
"what's it do?"
"Plenty of tasks. This... uh... o-one I found was leftover. They say this one is good for water missions."
"A tad small, eh?"
"Im sure they're g-good!"

The two went back and forth as I watched silently, looking from one person to the other. They were speaking about me, I knew it. I pause for a moment and tune out and look around me. The room is quite dull with the occasional large machinery blinking and beeping. It was quite a busy room, with people of all types buzzing around while tapping their pens on paper. Some were silent, others were chattering. I didn't even know how I got here. Last I remember I was back at the facility. the Trackers around me got their handlers. Mine just came a little later, I guess.

The next thing I knew was that the nervous man had called my name.

"Savvi. Let's go on a test mission, o-okay? We won't go too far."
Test Mission? I thought, getting up and following the man to the outdoors. It was a gorgeous day outside. Gentle winds, Softly splashing water against the rocks nearby. I could hear birds cawing and flying overhead. I was admiring the sight until the man spoke again, this time more gently and less shaky.

"Alright... So, here's an easy one," He said as he turned to face the large lake. "Do you see those neon colors in the lake?"
I look over further ahead, staring at the water until it was apparent that the neon colors were in fact.. fish. very colorful fish.
"I need you to bring the fish that has the tag of number 236, entirely unharmed. Every fish in this lake is gently tagged with a number.."
"Whenever you're rea--"
He starts, but I already dived into the water. The second I was in the water, the colors seemed to practically explode in my face. the fish were all highly decorated, each having elegant fins, tails, and a range of structures. colors may have been similar, but no two were really the same. The tags were the dullest thing on them.
452.. 843... 124... 236! I glided to the desired neon fish, and gently grabbed onto it.
Almost as quickly as I dived into the water, I brought back the fish to the man. He seemed to practically jump up in excitement upon seeing my return.
"Oh! lovely," He says as he takes the fish from my mouth, examining it. "No harm, fish is alive.. very good!" He gently slips the fish back into the lake, it swims off happily.
"Lets get back inside, I'm sure [REDACTED] will be happy to hear this! youre a perfect fit!"
┍━━━━━━━✁━━━━━━━┑
"Quote here!" - WIP!
┕━━━━━━━✃━━━━━━━┙
⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙
⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰
Sunny / Inky | He/They
───── ❝ Ekklipse is a self-taught artist whose inspiration is anything but normal.❞ ─────

Please click please!
https://formula9.ddns.net/u/Ekklipse/286
Ekklipse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me