what happens off CS returns to CS

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

what happens off CS returns to CS

Postby pizzas and scream » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

this is more of a question, and of course moral/ethical conduct

is it true, that if a CS member pesters another member off site they can be banned? in any level or form. Like if I made a journal on Deviantart and said Pitbulls creep me out and are ugly and believed in the "lock jaw" myth, if a CS user calles me an idiot for that, I can go back and tell The Powers That Be and the'll be punished/reprimanded or what if they followed my antics for months and told me to stop being a crybaby over things like how I don't get commissions and only sparkle-dog artists rake in the cash. I can get someone banned for that right?

what if they read my LJ and I don't want them to? and say things when, "YOU had nothing to do with this post go away". what if they don't? I can rest easy by having CS be free with the sick, depraved flamer right?
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: what happens off CS returns to CS

Postby Turq8 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:31 am

If they're bugging you off-site (and only off-site), I don't think Nick and Tess can do anything. You'd have to report them to the admins of the site they're bugging you on. You can't prove that anyone is who they say they are. For example, maybe someone's harrassing you, and they say on CS they are Turq8, but I've never even chatted with you. I could be banned without even doing anything. But if they are bugging you on CS too, you can report that to the admins/mods.
(Possibly) Back after a long hiatus!
If you have any questions or need help, feel free to ask me, I'm always happy to help!

Turq8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:34 pm

^ I saw it mentioend somewhere, someones talking about it and i got banned from the furry topic for it over something that is done with. But It seems some people want a bi-site menace to be banned from one of their haunts
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
older than an embryo
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:38 pm

It's actually a pretty common bullying tactic. Seeing something on one site, then bullying about it on another. Neither side gets the whole story because it's outside their jurisdiction. When looked at from one site or the other, no malice is seen until you get both parts of the puzzle.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:17 am

-Firestar- wrote:It's actually a pretty common bullying tactic. Seeing something on one site, then bullying about it on another. Neither side gets the whole story because it's outside their jurisdiction. When looked at from one site or the other, no malice is seen until you get both parts of the puzzle.

i mean any comments. like if i wrote naughty stories with Dora the Explorer and someone here found me and my fics on the site and if they called me a sicko and harrased me for it, or if I just don't want a CS user commenting negitivly on my DA stuff in a way that isn't praise and coddling.
older than an embryo
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:52 am

No, you can't do anything because what happens off CS isn't Tess and Nick's problem. If it's on Deviantart, you report it to Deviantart.

I don't see how CS would even come into play here short of cross membership.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:58 pm

we can't tell our members how to behave on other sites, you should report any harassment to the admins of whatever site you receive it on, and you can say what you want about CS/members on your LJ as long as you're not directing people to it from here (i.e. it would be harassment if you were flashing your blog in everyones face and your blog was talking about all the members etc, but if you keep it to yourself then it's not your 'fault' if someone here stumbles across it)

there are occasionally gray areas, but in general we can't punish someone for off-site behavior unless it involves the use/abuse of CS images/content
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostboy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:48 am

Kuroyami wrote:^ I saw it mentioend somewhere, someones talking about it and i got banned from the furry topic for it over something that is done with. But It seems some people want a bi-site menace to be banned from one of their haunts

I believe that was a different story. One of the Furries was an admin on a different site, a CS user spammed and broke rules on that site so the Furry banned them off the other site. After that, the user that was banned, harrassed the Furry on CS on the Furry Thread so the person was banned from the thread.
ghostboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:53 am

Tess wrote:we can't tell our members how to behave on other sites, you should report any harassment to the admins of whatever site you receive it on, and you can say what you want about CS/members on your LJ as long as you're not directing people to it from here (i.e. it would be harassment if you were flashing your blog in everyones face and your blog was talking about all the members etc, but if you keep it to yourself then it's not your 'fault' if someone here stumbles across it)

there are occasionally gray areas, but in general we can't punish someone for off-site behavior unless it involves the use/abuse of CS images/content

yeah. well i was doing the mean thing and read someone's FA blog and they want someone banned from CS because they botherd them off site/allegedly they were a member there (or they thought they were a person from here)

oh so if I made a crying whiny journal on DA and some one I know is a member here and there makes fun of me, I can't go "I Hope Tess gets rid of that troll, they told me to suck it up on CS and now they tell me to suck it up here? I hope they die wahhhh".

wait so I can't post links to CS topics on LJ? like "OMG are all horse lovers like this lot?"

maybe you want to put it into the rules "if a CS member bothers you off site there is nothing we can do, so don't ask us to ban them for something they did offsite"

I mean, is it fair? "well at least then so and so can be free from whats-there-face on chickensmoothie, now to get rid of them from tigercityroleplay and they can have internet paradise"
older than an embryo
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:33 am

can't really understand what you're saying, but of course you can link to CS from your LJ. I can't tell you what to post on your LJ. I'm just saying, don't advertise your LJ HERE if it's full of crap about CS/CS users THERE.

I have seen your LJ and know it pokes fun at CS/CS users so that means you should never advertise it HERE.

Unless you're intentionally linking people to places off-site where you are insulting them, then it's not an issue we can deal with here. But if you make fun of a CS user on your LJ and then encourage them on CS to go read your LJ, then that would cause problems for you on CS. If you're having a private rant about a CS user and they stumble across it in their own way, then that's not an issue we can deal with. It's your LJ and not CS's business what you say on it, unless you are advertising it on CS for people to read about what you say about them off-site.

I don't know what you're saying about dA but if someone abuses you on dA for some problem they have with you on CS then just report them to dA admins. If someone is posting about wanting another user banned - boo hoo, they don't have the power to ban, so it doesn't really matter does it?
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me