FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions [READ FIRST]

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions [UPDATED - READ FIRST]

Postby Immycat » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:10 am

I was looking at the pet guides to show you the pets released on the wiki pages. I can't seem to find a staff pet guide? Pets that were released as part of a staff set like the 2012 wolves. Is there a guide for just those? I don't know if I have overlooked it or not.
Immycat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acatalepsy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:58 am

Immycat wrote:I was looking at the pet guides to show you the pets released on the wiki pages. I can't seem to find a staff pet guide? Pets that were released as part of a staff set like the 2012 wolves. Is there a guide for just those? I don't know if I have overlooked it or not.

xxxxxThere is no separate guide for staff pets. They are included in the wiki under Dogs, and are included in the Dog Guide on the forums as well
you can call me acata or acaxxxxxpreviously Moona_ (also go by Moona and Moon)
Avi by Tsukoyami on DragCave

Discuss March 2021 here!
Help/Suggestions board here and FAQ here!

2021 Trade Fodder group here

Current Adopts: March 2021

Watch Me Grow! wrote:Image Image
acatalepsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lilbluebmw » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:03 am

I have a question and couldn't find the answer. What is paper clipping? I notice a lot of people have that in their trading folders. Just curious what it means
Lilbluebmw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scarlet Janefox » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:01 am

Lilbluebmw wrote:I have a question and couldn't find the answer. What is paper clipping? I notice a lot of people have that in their trading folders. Just curious what it means

Paperclipping is trading a pet for something worth slightly more. For example, some people (including myself) paperclip their pets by trading a pet for one that is slightly older, like an uncommon from October 2015 for another uncommon from August 2015. People can use this method to get more valuable pets and eventually achieve the pets they're looking for, such as dreamies.
I am fennec.
Hear me scream.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Any pronouns

Flight Rising

Youtube
(Mostly dance videos,
some animation stuff)

Toyhou.se

Trade Thread
Scarlet Janefox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:48 am

Scarlet Janefox wrote:
Lilbluebmw wrote:I have a question and couldn't find the answer. What is paper clipping? I notice a lot of people have that in their trading folders. Just curious what it means

Paperclipping is trading a pet for something worth slightly more. For example, some people (including myself) paperclip their pets by trading a pet for one that is slightly older, like an uncommon from October 2015 for another uncommon from August 2015. People can use this method to get more valuable pets and eventually achieve the pets they're looking for, such as dreamies.

Let me add onto it. Paperclipping is expecting others to overpay for whatever pet you have, regardless of fairness.

Trading up is the same thing, but fair. You go up in worth, but pay fair instead of heavily relying on the generousity of others. (Or use the 3 month rule, which is fair)

The main difference between the two is how much effort you put into it. Paperclipping is frowned upon by a lot of users now a days because they dont want to be forced to overpay, while trading up, trading fair, is something a lot of people like and do!
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lilbluebmw » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:30 am

DaDwarf wrote:
Scarlet Janefox wrote:

Let me add onto it. Paperclipping is expecting others to overpay for whatever pet you have, regardless of fairness.

Trading up is the same thing, but fair. You go up in worth, but pay fair instead of heavily relying on the generousity of others. (Or use the 3 month rule, which is fair)

The main difference between the two is how much effort you put into it. Paperclipping is frowned upon by a lot of users now a days because they dont want to be forced to overpay, while trading up, trading fair, is something a lot of people like and do!

Thanks for your response! Finding it really hard to get the pets I want since most want extreme overpay. Just joined in March and even though I've looked into the rares list, I find it all confusing as to what pets are really worth.
Lilbluebmw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyctophilia » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:43 am

I created a new folder for my messages, to separate my auction bids from my regular trades. Now that my auction is over, I tried to find a way to delete the folder because I no longer need it. Could someone please tell me how to delete a folder?
NYCT!! adult, forum gamer, trade me
be kind to yourself and others ˶ˆᗜˆ˶)⸝
nyctophilia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:42 am

nyctophilia wrote:I created a new folder for my messages, to separate my auction bids from my regular trades. Now that my auction is over, I tried to find a way to delete the folder because I no longer need it. Could someone please tell me how to delete a folder?

Go to ucp.php?i=pm&mode=options here C: it's inbox -> rules,folders & settings. It says Remove folder: c:
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Auora » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:35 am

So I've been here for a long time and I'm looking to downsize on my extra/duplicate pets by donating them to the pound and I was wondering if there was a way to mass donate pets? I see where I can send individual pets to the pound but I have lots of pages of pets that I'd like to send.
The "free gift pets" group are not for hoards and will be given out on a wishlist basis
Auora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:37 am

Auora wrote:So I've been here for a long time and I'm looking to downsize on my extra/duplicate pets by donating them to the pound and I was wondering if there was a way to mass donate pets? I see where I can send individual pets to the pound but I have lots of pages of pets that I'd like to send.

You have to click every pet 1 by 1.
There is no way to select all with one click sorry.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me