Merging accounts with other users - currently not allowed.

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Merging accounts with other users - currently not allowed.

Postby Tess » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:21 pm

For a while we were allowing some players to "merge" or join their accounts together by combining all of their pets/items onto one account and playing on it together. Now we've stopped allowing it.

In the past when we did allow merging, we wanted people to ask admin permission before going ahead with the merge. This is because we wanted to protect players from bad experiences when merging with untrustworthy/unreliable players, and we wanted to prevent people cheating by "merging" with their own extra accounts or by continuing to play on more than one account each.

We turned down requests that we believed might turn out badly, but even with our scrutiny many of the approved merges have turned out badly. Some people either split up after a fight and unhappily lost pets/items as a result, many realized that it was no fun having someone else mess with their pets, some got themselves and their account partner banned, and several tried to steal everything from their account partner by changing the username and password. Of those who didn't get an admin's help to merge, many continued playing on more than one account (keeping a shared account as well as a personal account) and were banned for having multiple accounts.

We're currently not approving any requests for players to merge. We don't believe there are any benefits to merging, yet there are many risks and costs.

For those who have merged before February 2012 - you can continue playing that way. But we're not approving any new merges.

Also an important note for players who thought it would be wise to merge accounts without getting admin approval - if you kept a shared account as well as your own personal account then you may be banned for controlling multiple accounts. Each user is only allowed one account, so no-one has a reason to be using more than one. If you're in this situation, you need to contact an admin immediately to get it sorted out.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Merging accounts with other users - currently not allowe

Postby Grace(: » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks For letting us know Tess (:
Grace(:

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Tess wrote:You may be banned for controlling multiple accounts. Each user is only allowed one account, so no-one has a reason to be using more than one.[/b]

Does this also include adopting? I adopt on the first of the month and since he's usually doing something else, I get his pets when I get mine so we can watch them grow at the same time. It would usually just be an issue of 'hey, stop that and get over here' but I was just wondering since this is something that has been totally a okay till now.
Last edited by Shian on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vinyl » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:40 pm

How long will this last? Is it temporary or permanent?

hi i'm ryn
adult, she/her
vinyl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fat Unicorn » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:41 pm

Will any certain requirements (like knowing each other for a certain period of time, etc) be put in to stop this from happening? I was going to merge with a good friend Milkyway0353 whom I've known for months and never had a fight with, and we get along well & mature enough now to talk things over. .3.
Fat Unicorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kebabonline » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:43 pm

Infinite Cerberus wrote:
How long will this last? Is it temporary or permanent?

That's what I'm wondering. I was trying to merge my account with another, and I think it would be really fun to do it like that. We'd have great trade fodder and we'd get closer to getting one of every pet on the game, which is what both of us are interested in. We even made up a pros and cons list and there were far more pros than cons. Hope it's only temporary, I'd really love to merge sometime!
Back after a long break, need all pets so far 2019! Wishlist in progress
kebabonline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightbeat » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Fat Unicorn wrote:Will any certain requirements (like knowing each other for a certain period of time, etc) be put in to stop this from happening? I was going to merge with a good friend Milkyway0353 whom I've known for months and never had a fight with, and we get along well & mature enough now to talk things over. .3.

I concur. I've been waiting 2 months to merge with my friend, R a t c h e t. I've known her since early 2010; And we've been so excited to do this.
nightbeat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbithaver » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:49 pm

Tunnel Rat wrote:
Fat Unicorn wrote:Will any certain requirements (like knowing each other for a certain period of time, etc) be put in to stop this from happening? I was going to merge with a good friend Milkyway0353 whom I've known for months and never had a fight with, and we get along well & mature enough now to talk things over. .3.

I concur. I've been waiting 2 months to merge with my friend, R a t c h e t. I've known her since early 2010; And we've been so excited to do this.

Yeah...We've never fought, either. I think if there was certain requirements like Fat Unicorn said this would happen a lot less.

call me rabbit || they/them
adult player || hedgehog enjoyer

Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image

my mom || my homie || my buddy
trade thread || dreamies || dragon cave
fursona || shadow playlist || sonic fans
rabbithaver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby revenmoore » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Same with Haidie and I.^^ I don't think it's a matter of 'we've never fought' though guys. I know a lot of you, and know you guys would be great account partners. I think it's just all the things that have gone wrong that are making this happen. Maybe in a few months things will be resolved, for now there's probably not a lot we can do.^^;
revenmoore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:58 pm

-Firestar- wrote:
Tess wrote:You may be banned for controlling multiple accounts. Each user is only allowed one account, so no-one has a reason to be using more than one.[/b]

Does this also include adopting? I adopt on the first of the month and since he's usually doing something else, I get his pets when I get mine so we can watch them grow at the same time. It would usually just be an issue of 'hey, stop that and get over here' but I was just wondering since this is something that has been totally a okay till now.

that's okay as long as he's the main one controlling that account, if you use it more than he does then it's not really his account
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me