International board applications CLOSED

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

International board applications CLOSED

Postby Tess » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:36 am

This is now closed. Do not contact me about it.

Hi everyone,

I am looking at creating a board for people to speak their own languages in - we have a lot of Germans, Russians, French, Polish people (and etc..) on Chicken Smoothie and I think it'd be nice if they weren't forced to participate only in english ;)

so anyway, I'm looking for some moderators who speak fluently english and another language, to keep an eye on the topics in the international board, as I'm monolingual and won't be able to check whether the content is PG-13 ;)

Please, if you'd like to apply for this position, please fill out this form ASAP and post it here :)

INTERNATIONAL BOARD MODERATOR APPLICATION:

Your name:
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?:
What country are you from?:
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?:
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?:
How long have you been a member of CS?:

I already have a couple of members in mind, but I'd like everyone to get a fair chance so applications are open to all.

Thanks
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: INTERNATIONAL BOARD - MODS NEEDED

Postby ⚜ Estivel » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:43 am

Your name: Wrath & Sacred (If you need my real name, do you mind messaging me =3 I don't want to post it on here)
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: I love chickensmoothie and I'd love to help in any way xD
What country are you from?: Born in Russia. Live in US
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: Russian and English. I'm a pretty good speaker though my grammar is the only thing that needs touching up as I do live in the US.
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: Yes. I was a mod on a few freeweb accounts such as freewebs.com/nightscream
How long have you been a member of CS?: Sep 22, 2008 . Though I've been collecting wolves since late June
Last edited by ⚜ Estivel on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
WRATH IS ON HIATUS
Please only PM about RPs
|Fursona and Adoptables|
|Feäre Wolves|
I wish I had a unicorn,
So I could fly away.
Where fun isn’t worn,
Nor people do mourn,
This is where dreams are born.

⚜ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ⚜

And if there was a place like this,
Would not it be quite grand?
To jump and play in fevered bliss,
Where no one can just stand?

I long to have a unicorn,
So I could learn to fly,
Yet dreams hold scorn

. . . . . .For hopes highborn,
. . . . . .And unicorns yet to fly.

we are NOT holibombers, but we will sometimes give gifts
⚜ Estivel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilac » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:44 am

Your name: Real name- Lindsey
User name- lilac

Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: I would like to because I love CS so much and I want to show how much I really care for it

What country are you from?: United States
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: English ( Very well ) Spanish ( Tiny tiny bit )

Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: No but I do have my own website. It's in my siggy

How long have you been a member of CS?: Since September 29, 2008. Not long I know but CS is wonderful and very kind
Please Click. I really don't want them to die! :D You will be my best buddy if you do. Also, if you click them and then PM telling me you did, I will click yours back

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

95% of forum users have a statistic like this in their signature. If you are one of the 5% who...-
Crap.
lilac

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby malgalpal » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:49 am

Your name: Real - Mallory User - RolePlayQueen
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: I think people who speak different languages is cool and it would be cool to browse the forum and help around there.
What country are you from?: The United States of America
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: English, French, and Spanish (I am Polish, but I can't speak it. I speak English amazingly, French and Spanish I can speak, but a little bit of struggle. I can handle it)
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: Yes, I'm an Assistant Founder (higher than a moderator) at a website called Webkinzlovers.com
How long have you been a member of CS?: 3 months today! Not that long though.
Last edited by malgalpal on Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wajas ID: 85691
malgalpal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pikachu » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:02 am

Your name: MewMi (Didn't capitalize while registering X3)
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: Because I love CS, and I'm really looking forward to helping the CS community ^^ I am always on XD This is a very important place to me, as here I get a chance to mingle, chat and etcetera. I have lurked around CS since about July, when I saw my first CS pet and fell in love (a sun dog), but was too busy/forgetful to adopt one. I left the internet for a while in between that and august, because it was SUMMER VACATION!, and I thought pets that you could just stare at were less time consuming (I was wrong X3 ) I ended up joining CS in September, and I'm now hooked. I'm always on. I would love using my language skills to help with the new board.
What country are you from?: Canada
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: English (Super ^^) Spanish (Very confident) French (Confident) I also speak a little Japanese. (And what, two sentences of German? XD )
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: No, but I frequent quite a few sites, beta-tested some games and am online almost every waking moment (has no life :P)
How long have you been a member of CS?: Since September 16, 2008 ^^ Not very long, but I'm dedicated? *is hopeful*

Thanks for considering, Mew.
Last edited by pikachu on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
pikachu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luli » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:08 am

INTERNATIONAL BOARD MODERATOR APPLICATION:
Your name:
Luli (or Lucila María for that matter, my username is nothing fancy)
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: I would feel honoured to coordinate something like it on such an important place to me, even if I haven't been part of the forum for long, I have developed a connection to it all, and so fast, which surprises me, because I'm not one who is active on several forums, before CS forum, I was only active at a petz forum, not as a mod or admin, but as an old citizen, you could say, I've been around that community for long. I'm not quite sure if you need someone from my location, since I don't know how many spanish speakers are out there but I would most likely be willing to take care of all the Latin American and spanish members. I come online on daily basis and I wouldn't fail to be here more than once a day or at least once a day, in the worst cases, to check everything's okay around the board that I would be in charge of, if you finally decided on it.
What country are you from?: Argentina, South America.
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: I speak/write perfect Spanish, of course, that's my mother-tongue and I'm also very fluent in English, I tend to write too fast and miss words or add extra letters that weren't mean to be there, I must admit, but that doesn't mean my level is bad. I have actually taken and passed two Cambridge ESOL examinations that are recognized world wide and are very appreciated and I'm on my way to the last one next year, the Certificate of Profiency in English exam. I have studied English for a total of 13 years, starting at the age of 5 and I'm not planning to quit anytime soon, despite completing my last level on 2009. I'm soon majoring in English Teaching to foreign learners like me, so I'll be constantly learning, even after I'm done with my major. I thought I should mention I'm studying German as well, but this are my first two levels, so I'm not fluent at all, I'm not sure it matters, though, there are people from Germany who would be better as German mods, of course, hehe.
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: No, I don't. I was offered the position to moderate a petz forum for a site called Sprocket about a year ago, but I guess the idea sort of got lost with time and the owner of the site never got around to finishing and opening the said forum. I can refer you to the petz forum I'm on and you could ask around (I believe most of the oldies -not so new members- know me well enough, you can ask young and old people for different opinions) about me and if I would make a good mod, I reckon I'm fair, competent and tolerant, qualities I believe a decent moderator should have.
How long have you been a member of CS?: I've been lurking around Chicken Smoothie even before it was called that way, even before adoptables were even available, I just wasn't into it as much I am now back then, I paid more attention to the petzy part of the site than to the adoptables one. I'm not sure I can prove this, but I have came across Silent Wolf Kennelz several times and saw its transformation. As you can tell by my forum joining date, I didn't become official until a little more than a month ago (edit: wow okay, time has passed, I joined almost two months ago it seems! you see I don't keep track of it really, lol).

Thank you for the opportunity, Tess!
I'm unsure you even need a spanish speaking moderator, but I thought it would be nice to try anyway, feel free not to pay attention to this if it doesn't apply to your needs.
Last edited by Luli on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
HUGE THANKS TO A CHICKEN FOR HELPING ME GET THE LAST PET TO COMPLETE MY COLLECTION!!
Offering Image AND Image for Image
Luli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:10 am

Your name:
•Real: PM Me ;D
•Username: Jiggyponee

Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?:
This question is different for me to answer. See, I've always dreamt of being a moderator on the English boards, because I am very comfortable speaking English. Though That is really my wish, I will apply for the International Board.

What country are you from?:
I was born in America and I Still live There. I still take pride in learning new languages.

What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?:
I Can speak:
•Fluent English
•German
•Spanish
•Some Arabic
•Some Japanese
•Italian
•Polish
•French
•Danish
(I'm working on some other ones as well)

Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?:
Sadly, I've never been a moderator. Like I said in my first statement, I've always wanted to be a moderator of the English board.

How long have you been a member of CS?:
Since August 15th 2008, 10:11 A.M. I Counted the Time and... I've been a member of CS for 3 Months, 4 Days, 6 Hours, and 18 Minutes.

-Please Chose Who Suits You Best!
-Jiggyponee

(P.S. My Grammar in some languages, like Japanese, kind of needs some work. I have a computer that is manufactured to type several of those weird languages)
Last edited by Shy on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
`
`

..trades | she/her | help

https://open.spotify.com/track/5QRAfvKPyQpwt897Jc0glg?si=B3Ik8vQhTb-J5uU4UijWGA&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3j90eFnVFEYzOVt024QCTf
Shy
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koko » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:25 am

Your name: Koko(real name:Courtney)
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?:To help Cs in any way. To help the boards & members. I would like to help the board from spammers, i understand any ages can see all of this. I also want to help the Chicken Smoothie members in any way. (quesitons,reports, ect..) I wanto help the commuinty of Cs. Keep away anything innaprotiate or unnaceptable. I do not 'play' favorites. I am fair & equal yet firm. I do not let anything slip. Anything unnaceptable will not be tolerated. I want to keep our fellow chicken smoothie members away from anything bad. And to keep anything bad away from our Chicken Smoothie members. I am on everyday for a decent amount of time. I would like to earn the respec, also. I would love to make a small change to our commuinty that can make a big differnce. But, i want to be almost like friends with the Chicken Smoothie members. But when it is necassary i will be firm & bold. I will not let anything pass. And im sorry i keep repating, but what i really want is to help change CS for the better. When i mean change, i mean helping out the members of ChickenSmoothie.
What country are you from?: The United States of Americs (USA)
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: I speak English(main/home language, verry confidient) & German ( my mom is almost fully german- Confidient there are a few not commonly used words i dont know,but i am taking classes on it so i should be done verry soon) i have also started Spanish (not SO confident, as i just started the class)
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: I have only been a mod twice, both on chats for the same chat. the first one was at Xat awhile ago. Then acouple weeks ago she quit her chatzy chat.( was mods on both, but she quit & i had to too)
How long have you been a member of CS?: Well, i joined on Friday Sep 19,( 2008 10:00 am )

I would also like to thank Tess & Nick for giving people a chance, to make a diffrence. Thanks, alot.

~koko
Koko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gay » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:26 am

Your name: Real name- Barbara. Username- Cervas.

Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: Because, I want to help those people from Chicken Smoothie that don`t speak English well and do speak one of the few languages I know. Even if there aren`t many people who seem to be from the countries which do have the languages I do know how to speak, there might be future users who will want help. ^^ As I am most of my time on CS, keeping in check all grammar probrems/doubts could be easy.

What country are you from?: Argentina, which is located in South America.

What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: I speak Spanish, portuguese and English. I am quite confident about all of them, as I lived 5 years in Brazil, 7 years on Argentina and 1 year on USA (still learning english, though, 6 years learning it already. ^^). In the end, I have 5 years of experience learning portuguese, 7 learning english. Being Spanish y mother-tongue, I learned about it all my life.

Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: I have been a moderator in a site, but said site is not active at all, which means I probably have no experience. That does not mean I don`t know how difficult a mod`s job is, as I am friend of moderators in another sites and always watch them solving problems everywhere.

How long have you been a member of CS?: I have been visiting CS since late July/ early August. I registered in the forum in August. I have been a member for a while. ^^

Thanks for considering, Tess! ;3

xxxxxImage Image
x

x
x
x
x
x
x

gay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kelseyk721 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:23 pm

Your name: Kelsey
Why would you like to be a mod in the international board?: Because I want to help chickensmoothie as best I can, and I would like to practice my french speaking.
What country are you from?: I have lived in Canada all my life.
What languages do you speak, and how confident are you with speaking them?: French, going to learn Dutch. I have barely started Dutch, but I know alot of French.
Do you have any moderating experience? If so, where were you a moderator?: Yes. I moderate alot of boards for other people. Hamster forums, animal forums, Twilight Saga forums. I run alot of my own websites too.
How long have you been a member of CS?: Since the beggining of October, but I know everything about CS.
My Purrfect Pet from CS right now :)
kelseyk721

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me