Pet Rarity - Predetermined Percentages?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Pet Rarity - Predetermined Percentages?

Postby perseuspercival » Tue May 07, 2024 3:35 am

Hey! I'm a new player curious about how rarities are determined. I understand that their rarity is not determined until the pets are fully grown and fully distributed, but I'm wondering if the different ways that a pet can grow up have different rarities? Like, if you have one egg, and it can become one of 5 chickens, do those 5 outcomes each have a 20% chance, and which ones end up being rarer is left up to chance (and accounts going inactive)? Or does one of the 5 outcomes have a 5%, another 10%, one 50%, and so on?
perseuspercival

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pet Rarity - Predetermined Percentages?

Postby Celozon » Wed May 08, 2024 3:39 am

Rarity is ultimately determined by how many of the pet exists on active accounts vs the total number of active accounts. The numbers on it have never been given out so we don't have any specifics to work off of. I'm sure the admins are able to set certain outcomes as being rarer or more common when they grow from litters but that doesn't fully control the pet's rarity since it can and does fluctuate over time. When older accounts go inactive and newer accounts without older pets come onto the site, older pets become rarer, which is why all the 2008 pets are so rare now, when some used to be commons. For regular monthly pets though, as they a growing if one is rarer than the others that would have to be set by the admins. We had a site-wide poll back in October that asked if players wanted rare pets more often in monthly litters (which 'a few times a year' was the option most voted for) so obviously the admins are able to and do set certain litters to have one outcome that is less likely for users to get than the others.

There are litters where all the pets are given the same likelihood of growing so none are given preference, staff litters come to mind, and I'm sure some monthly litters are like that too, so it certainly does happen, but details like that aren't really given out to the userbase so its usually best to just wait till the pets gain their rarities to see where they ended up.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me