Question about Trading Growing Pets

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Question about Trading Growing Pets

Postby pinetreesheep » Wed May 08, 2024 4:09 am

Hey, I apologize if there is a forum for this but I don’t think I’ve seen any information about it.

I’m not sure on how to word my question so here is my situation:

I wanted to keep up with the current month trading but I’m afraid to trade away something that might end up having more outcomes! How can you tell if a growing pet is a duplicate or not? Like, the PPS are easy, I can tell it won’t grow anymore when it says “PPS” but for any growing outcomes, I look at the thread for the month that lists the current outcomes. But how do we know that those won’t have another outcome come from them that differs even though the young stage still looks the same? Ex. Last month the LAST deer outcome had a baby version that was still growing and grew up on the last day of April. How do I know if they will do that? Anyone able to explain it to me? I really want to join in on the trading without worrying that I’ll trade away something I may need later..
Image 𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓮𝓮𝓹! ~ 𝓼𝓱𝓮/𝓱𝓮𝓻 Image
𝒜𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝓁𝑒𝑒𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔…
𝒷𝓊𝑔𝓈 | 𝒯𝓇𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹 | 𝒸𝓇𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉

pinetreesheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Question about Trading Growing Pets

Postby traves » Wed May 08, 2024 4:10 am

there really is no way to tell as far as i know, and so that’s why some people are tentative about trading growing pets. it’s like a gamble
Imagexx
x
x
x

🎨|| || 🐾 traves / any, all / nonhuman
i have audhd, please be patient. i love creating and writing.
💜 ᜊ( ᴗ͈ˬᴗ͈)ᜊ
traves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Wed May 08, 2024 4:29 am

As said, there isn't really any way to know ahead of time if an outcome will end up splitting into multiple accounts, but it usually splits do happen earlier in the month rather than later. With that deer example, the outcome split from the previous growing stage at day 14, so we knew at that point that it was a split outcome. There is always a chance a pet can split again later on, but in most cases this is just one split once they reach the teen stage. I should mention, this a recurring theme with Saikiyo's April litters, they've done one every April since 2019 with weird outcome splits or pets changing into different species, etc. I'd be careful about trading anything from their April litter every year since the outcomes are often confusingly split and look like previous growths, but its certainly not the norm for monthly litters. And usually if one outcome splits, it means more will too so if one splits you can always be sure to hold onto the rest of the litter at that point.

The only way to be 100% sure its not going to split later that I can think of is if the artist comes on the discussion board and says so (but I don't think I've ever really seen that) and staff litters never split so those are safe, but in the majority of cases, trading still-growing pets will always be taking a chance. That said, unless its an outcome that ends up Rare, its also probably not going to be that hard to trade for again at the end of the month. You can always go back and look at previous litters in previous months and see how often splits even do happen, what time in the month they happen, etc to get more familiar with it and better be able to weigh if you even want to trade pets that are still growing when they could split.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pinetreesheep » Wed May 08, 2024 5:11 am

Oooh I really appreciate that information! Thankyou so much! :)

Yeah, I figured it was going to have to be a gamble type thing. But I am happy to know occasionally I can look for that and try to know what to expect. Like the April litter thing I was unaware of. This was very helpful though Thankyou!
Image 𝓬𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓮𝓮𝓹! ~ 𝓼𝓱𝓮/𝓱𝓮𝓻 Image
𝒜𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝓁𝑒𝑒𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔…
𝒷𝓊𝑔𝓈 | 𝒯𝓇𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹 | 𝒸𝓇𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉

pinetreesheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me