Tablets -- What do you use?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Tablets -- What do you use?

Postby wolfblazer » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:00 am

Which type of tablet do you use for making your graphics on photoshop?
Can anyone recommend theirs? Hopefully I want to buy of amazon or something like that.
Why don't we open our heart
and let some
buttercups grow?
wolfblazer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tablets -- What do you use?

Postby Enthusiastin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:42 am

I highly recommend my wacom:
(Intuos 3; A4; Special Edition - it's blaaack. Well, the airbrush came with this edition, but who can resist a blaaack tablet anyways? ^^)
As far as I know is wacom the best trader for professional tablets.
They're not exactly cheap but their quality is high.
But if you're just starting you may want to try a cheaper tablet from another brand. I heard some do a fairly good job.
Many boards for digital drawing have threads about which tablet is best. They will probably be more helpful.
Enthusiastin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:59 am

Wacom is the industry standard, Tess inherited the Wacom tablet that I bought years and years ago.. :). Many other brands are dramatically cheaper, but I love that the Wacom's pen requires no batteries (so it's nice and light) and no cables (so there's nothing to get in the way).
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gay » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:03 am

I got another type of Wacom Tablet... It`s called Bamboo Fun. It`s the most the most simple and cheapest of all the Wacom tablets, I think. As I didn`t know anything about digital coloring, I started by using this one. People say it is a good one for begginers. Now, if you want to do professional work, using either Intuos or Cintiq is better. Intuos is pretty good, and it comes in many different sizes. The biggest one costs around 700-800 bucks. Cintiq is strictly for professionals, and it can cost quite high, up to 2000 bucks. -_-;

So yeah, buying an small-middle sized Intuos would be the best. ^_^ Here`s the official site if you wanna see more about them:

http://www.wacom.com/intuos/index.cfm

xxxxxImage Image
x

x
x
x
x
x
x

gay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinereus » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:09 pm

cervas wrote:I got another type of Wacom Tablet... It`s called Bamboo Fun. It`s the most the most simple and cheapest of all the Wacom tablets, I think. As I didn`t know anything about digital coloring, I started by using this one. People say it is a good one for begginers. Now, if you want to do professional work, using either Intuos or Cintiq is better. Intuos is pretty good, and it comes in many different sizes. The biggest one costs around 700-800 bucks. Cintiq is strictly for professionals, and it can cost quite high, up to 2000 bucks. -_-;

So yeah, buying an small-middle sized Intuos would be the best. ^_^ Here`s the official site if you wanna see more about them:

http://www.wacom.com/intuos/index.cfm

Going to second this for a "starter tablet." I use a Bamboo Fun myself - it's very portable, and it works just fine for recreational work. I'm saving up for an Intuos or Cintiq (1/3 of the the way there, yay! Should get it sometime next year) but at the moment mine works just dandy for the kind of work I do.

I will warn however that drawing on a tablet is different than drawing on paper - not as much as drawing with a mouse, but it will take a little time to get used to it and how to use it. It's like learning to draw all over again.
ImageImage
Gray | he/his/him
Cinereus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nicolicious » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:25 pm

Oh man, I'd kill for a tablet. I used to use one at work, before I lost my job (F#$% THE ECONOMY!), and going back to a mouse afterwards sucked. We used Wacom tablets, similar to the one Enthusiastin posted, and they were fantastic.
All four of my hatchlings died. Please don't let this one die!

My first pooch, Mysterio. Click on him and check my other groups for pets that are up for adoption or trade.
Nicolicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luli » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:50 am

I've been wanting to buy a tablet as well...I was wondering, how is the surface where you draw on? Does the pen slide too easily or anything? I'm afraid I won't be able to draw neat, non-shaky lines. Maybe it's a thing of getting used to it, mm. I really have no clue about them, we don't have them here, so I would have to order abroad, but they sound amazing and I want one really badly!
Image Image
HUGE THANKS TO A CHICKEN FOR HELPING ME GET THE LAST PET TO COMPLETE MY COLLECTION!!
Offering Image AND Image for Image
Luli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:10 am

I want one, too! They're amazing! I had one some years ago and it was... great. e_e
Have no money... ~_~

Enthusiastin, is that a Intuos3?
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nicolicious » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:03 am

Luli wrote:I've been wanting to buy a tablet as well...I was wondering, how is the surface where you draw on? Does the pen slide too easily or anything? I'm afraid I won't be able to draw neat, non-shaky lines. Maybe it's a thing of getting used to it, mm. I really have no clue about them, we don't have them here, so I would have to order abroad, but they sound amazing and I want one really badly!

The surface is very smooth, and there's definitely a learning curve, but if you force yourself to use it you get accustomed to it. You can also adjust the settings on it so it's more or less responsive to your movements and how much pressure you apply. When I first started using a tablet I hated it, but my boss kept after me to give it a chance, and after just a couple weeks I was hooked.
All four of my hatchlings died. Please don't let this one die!

My first pooch, Mysterio. Click on him and check my other groups for pets that are up for adoption or trade.
Nicolicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Enthusiastin » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:25 am

Yup, Sorren.

I personally had almost no problems getting used to drawing with it.
And you can still zoom out of the picture so your hand doesn't have such a long way and your lines don't get shaky.
Enthusiastin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me