Mythicarium - Seeking Artists and other Staff!

Sell characters and original once-off adoptable designs here - using CS pets, items or C$ as payment.
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Would you consider joining the Mythicarium staff?

Yes, I would be happy with any position!
22%
Yes, I would like to be the Archivist!
11%
Yes, I would like to be a Shop Mod!
11%
Yes, I want to be an Artist!
14%
No, I am not qualified to join the staff.
17%
No, I am not interested in joining the staff.
25%

Total votes : 36

Mythicarium - Seeking Artists and other Staff!

Postby Ciriun » Thu May 01, 2014 9:20 am

~Mythicarium~
Magical Pets

Welcome!

Before you stands a tall archway set into a high stone wall stretching far in either direction. Through the arch you can glimpse colorful gardens, pathways, and strange buildings as the breeze carries wonderfully sweet scents of flowers and plants to you. Will you enter this magical place and see what it has to offer?

Staff Needed!

Mythicarium has gotten to be more than I can handle on my own. So I will be looking to hire a few people to help me manage it.
  • Archivist: Updates the archive to show all owned adopts. Adjusts as needed for trading. Uses existing formatting.
  • Shop Mods: Politely correct adopters on rules and informs them of errors in forms. Experience preferred.
  • Artists: Must either have experience working with Vector art or willing to learn. Must have a program that can correctly manipulate .svg or .ai files (Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, etc.)
To apply, please post an application to the Official Discussion Thread explaining your experience and qualifications. Those applying to be an Artist should include examples of their work. There is no form, just try to be as clear and concise as possible. Anyone who does not follow these directions may be immediately disqualified from any positions. If you have any questions, please post them to the Discussion Thread.

The Rules

1. All CS rules apply
2. Rules are subject to change as necessary. Please be sure to read them all before purchasing/adopting any characters.
3. Do not claim, copy, or use characters that do not belong to you.
4. You may give away characters you bought here, but you may never re-sell them for real or virtual currency of any kind, including CS pets. If you give them away, please PM me to let me know who the new owner will be.
5. Prices are subject to change. If a price has changed within 2 weeks of your purchase, you may PM me to have the difference refunded to you. This does not apply to any special offers or sales.
6. Do not edit any of the artwork you receive here. You may make changes to the character in other works, but never the original art.
7. Follow all rules and descriptions for your character's species. Do not give them added powers or abilities, i.e. elemental magic, shape shifting, color changing, etc. You may give them as many learned skills as you like, i.e. playing a musical instrument, knitting.
8. No Mythicarium adopts may be used as or have alternate forms as other creatures unless the species description specifically states otherwise.
9. Indefinite hosting of images is not guaranteed. If someday I should leave CS, I do not promise that I will keep all images available. Please be sure to save them to your computer or other device in case that ever happens.
10. If you are genuinely unsatisfied with your art, you may return it within a month for a full refund only if you have not had any other art of it made for you or roleplayed it as a character. Returned characters will be resold.

Anyone found to be breaking these rules may be given a warning. If the warning is ignored or the rule breaking is considered severe enough, they will be banned from adopting and purchasing. Any instances of art theft will also be reported to the CS staff.

Rules
For Filling Out Purchase/Adoption Forms

All forms must be complete when they are submitted, including a link to the trade for payment, and must be posted on this thread. Forms sent by any other means or with changes to the formatting may get missed, so please be sure you are submitting them correctly. If for any reason you need to make a change to a form and it is within the past 3 pages, please edit your post. Re-posting or quoting forms is considered spam and can earn you a warning. It will also move your order down to your most recent posting of it. If you have good reason to believe your form has been missed, please PM me.

Payment will be accepted upon completion of the artwork ordered, after which the artwork will be sent to you via PM. If you are paying for multiple orders in the same trade, it will be accepted upon completion of the first order. If you prefer you may request that the payment be accepted sooner, but you may not delay payment. Refusal to pay will result in the artwork being resold.

Notes
Artwork Changes and Updates

Linearts may be updated, improved, or edited with time. If you have purchased artwork in the old lineart and want it updated there will be a fee based on the difficulty of updating and the old art will be deleted. If you choose to do this, you may save the old art if you wish to keep both versions, but please only use the new one.

New parts or options may be added. To have an existing character changed to have a new part will cost one Uncommon pet and the old art will be deleted. You may save it if you wish to keep both versions, but please only use the new one.

Please be aware in both cases that the new art may not be identical to the old art. There may be some slight differences in colors, patterns, and other details. Keep this in mind when requesting updated artwork.

Table of Contentsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Tea Shop
Tranquil Aquarium
Gadern Park
Jungle Solarium

Special Offers and Events!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Special Deals
Shopkeeper Art Wanted
Valentine's Day Events!

Related Threads
Official Archive
Official Discussion Thread
Breeding
Trading Center
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Link to us!
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2290692][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/Ciriun_Ren/Illustrator/MythicariumStamp.png~original[/img][/url]

Affiliates
Image Image Image Image

Credits
All photos come from Wikimedia Commons
All tutorials used come from Dragoart
Big thanks to everyone at the Artist's Army!

Prices determined with help from this thread.

Last edited by Ciriun on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:48 am, edited 125 times in total.

---Image---
Adopt a Teamaid at Mythicarium!
Click the teacup to see!

Ciriun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tea Shop

Postby Ciriun » Thu May 01, 2014 9:22 am

= Tea Shop =

You come upon a small pagoda styled building with a large fish pond wrapped around it like a moat. Crossing the bridge to enter, you find yourself inside a quaint little Japanese style tea shop. Behind the counter someone is waiting to take your order.

Teamaids

Teamaids are a rare variety of mermaid. Only a few inches long, they are native to a single hotspring deep in the heart of China where the leaves of native tea plants fall into the water and brew into tea. While they need a tank for a home, teamaids like to being carried in their own private teacups so they can see the world and be with their human friends. Any cup wil do, but they prefer a teacup that matches their personality.

A teamaid can live in regular water, but they will not be as happy or energetic. They can also survive out of water for several hours but cannot move very far. They can breathe underwater and tend to be naturally talented singers. Some may develop a little bit of water magic or control over temperature, but this uncommon and they are not very powerful. Despite their name, not all teamaids are female, although it can be hard at first glance to tell the men apart because of their feminine builds.

Coffeemaids

A small variant on the Teamaid recently discovered. The only difference is that they prefer the stronger, more caffeinated waters of coffee to tea. They are typically less colorful and do not have light skintones, at least not after living in coffee for awhile.

Custom
There are two ways to purchase teamaids. First you can order a custom tea maid designed to your specification. Just fill out the form to design it however you want. Be creative! If you want one bang to be red, the other yellow, and the tail fins to have pink polka dots you can ask, but if it gets too complicated it may be rejected or cost extra.

[color=#5FAD5F][b]I would like a custom teamaid[/b][/color]
Username:
Gender*:
Hair: Long wavy / Long / Medium / Short
Bangs: Face hide / Long wavy / Medium wavy / Short wavy / Short / Uneven / No bangs
Hair color:
Eye color:
Skin color:
Tail: Fish/Mermaid/Dolphin/Big Ruffle/Small Ruffle/Mammal
Tail color:
Accessories: (Up to 3)
Teacup: Reference image or Description
Liquid Color:
Link to trade:

* For gender, you may specify which specific parts you want to use the male or female version. These include the left arm, right arm, head, eyes, tail, and cup. Because this only has to do with which art is used, please do not use anything other than male or female. Regardless of the artwork, the actual gender of the Teamaid is up to you to decide.

Tea Blend
The second way to get a teamaid is to order a tea blend. All you do is name a variety or blend of tea and a teamaid will be made to match it. For example you might want an Earl Grey teamaid, or maybe you want passion fruit and hibiscus. The choice is yours. And to be sure you're satisfied, once the Teamaid is finished you may request any 1 change to it for free.

[color=#5FAD5F][b]I would like to order a tea blend[/b][/color]
Username:
Tea:
Link to trade:

Pre-made
Sorry, there are no Teamaids in need of homes right now.

[color=#5FAD5F][b]I would like to take home a teamaid[/b][/color]
Username:
Teamaid #:
Link to trade:

COPPA
Currently COPPA'd members can only order tea blends or pre-made Teamaids. Just send a trade with an appropriate message and name one of the pets in it with the blend or number of the Teamaid you would like. Free edits will not be available, but I am open to any suggestions of how to make them possible.

Price
Sorry, but teamaids are not free. When you fill out your form, send a trade saying that it is payment for your teamaid. The trade will be accepted when the teamaid is finished, after which it will be sent to you via PM. Prices are negotiable but please try not to offer too much lower than suggested below. In case there is any confusion, / will be used to separate different payment options.

• Tea blend = 1 Rare / 5 Uncommons / 5 C$ / 5 Wishlist Items / 5 2012 or older Items
    (Additional changes cost 1 Common or lower each)
  • Custom = 1 Wishlist Rare / 1 2012 or older Rare / 5 different Wishlist Uncommons / 5 2012 or older Uncommons /
    7 C$ / 1 2010 or older Item
  • Pre-made = 3 Uncommons / 3 C$ / 3 Wishlist Items / 3 2012 or older Items

Don't see the hair or fins you want? (Prices for these vary depending on the difficulty)
  • New Parts = 1-3 Uncommons / 1-3 C$ / 1-3 Wishlist Items / 1-3 2012 or older Items
  • 3 Additional Accessories = 1 Uncommon / 3 different Wishlist Commons / 1 C$ / 1 Wishlist Item / 1 2012 or older Item
  • 1 Additional Accessory = 1 Wishlist Common / 1 Wishlist Very Common / 1 Wishlist OMG So Common / 1 Item
Last edited by Ciriun on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 47 times in total.

---Image---
Click the teacup to see!

Ciriun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tranquil Aquarium

Postby Ciriun » Thu May 01, 2014 9:22 am

( ( Tranquil Aquarium ) )

Here you find an enormous tank split into sections with a tunnel running through it, allowing you to view its inhabitants as if you were in the water with them.

Dream Bettas

Dream Bettas are small, delicate fish that can swim through the air as easily as they can water. They come in every color imaginable with at least two colors on each fish. Unlike regular bettas, the males and females both have big, flowing tail fins. It is safe to keep any number of dream bettas together since they are friendly and completely non-violent.

Like many of the creatures here they have some magic. What they are best known for is the ability to give good dreams to anything near them, as well as always having a calming aura. They are also shapeshifters, although they are limited to taking the forms of other aquatic vertebrates they have met in person and they always retain both their colors and tail. Because of this they can only breed with other fish species.

Adopting
Anyone can adopt a free pre-made Dream Betta by filling out the form below. If you adopt one of these, you must include a link back to Mythicarium anywhere you post it. A code to have the image as a link will be provided for you.

Because Dream Bettas are currently so scarce, adopting will be limited to 1 per batch. There is currently no limit on how many you can own, but please try to allow others a chance to adopt some as well.

Golden Tropics Bettas!
Betta 68 / Betta 69 / Betta 70 / Betta 71 / Betta 72 / Betta 73 / Betta 74 / Betta 75

[color=#4000BF][b]I would like to adopt a Dream Betta[/b][/color]
Username:
Dream Betta Number:

Custom Dream Bettas are also available.
  • Custom = 1 Uncommon / 5 different Wishlist Commons / 1 C$ / 1 Wishlist Item / 1 2012 or older Item
  • Accessories = 1-5 Commons / 1-5 Items each (varies depending on difficulty)
[color=#4000BF][b]I would like to order a custom Dream Betta[/b][/color]
Username:
Colors:
Eye color:
Accessories:
Facing: Left or right
Link to trade:

Dream-maids

One balmy summer night, a few Dream Bettas got out of their tank and went for a swim in the tea pond. When they were found the next morning, they had shapeshifted into beautiful Teamaids! If you own a Dream Betta and a Teamaid, you can order a Dream-maid form for your Betta. Keep in mind this is not a new pet, just a new form that your existing Betta can take when it wants to. It does not grant it any of the Teamaid's abilities, but it does retain all of its Betta abilities. Even if you own both a Teamaid and a Betta, your Betta cannot turn into a Dream-Maid unless you have purchased one.

When ordering a Dream-Maid, their hair, eyes, and tail color will match their original Betta form, while the skin color and hairstyle will be mimicked from the Teamaid you select.

• Dream-Maid = 1 Uncommon / 1 C$ / 1 Wishlist Item / 1 2012 or older Item
  • Accessories = 1-5 Commons / 1-5 Items each (varies depending on difficulty)
[color=#4000BF][b]I would like a Dream-Maid[/b][/color]
Username:
Link to Betta: [url= your betta's url here] My Betta [/url]
Link to Teamaid: [url= your Teamaid's url here] My Teamaid [/url]
Link to trade:

COPPA
Currently COPPA'd members cannot adopt a Dream Betta. I am open to any suggestions of how to make this possible. If you are COPPA'd and think you have figured out a way, feel free to try it, but I do not guarantee it will be successful.

The Depths
This strange section of the aquarium is home to a some unexpected creatures. There are only a few species now, but you never know what might show up here.

Known Species:
Cassygrinus, Mosasaur, Kronosaur

Fishing
The easiest way to catch something from this section of the aquarium is to fish for it with it bait. You can describe your bait using two words, an adjective (describe it) and a noun (what object it is.) Example: Smelly anchovies. Please do not attempt to use people or the other adopts as bait. Forms using inappropriate bait will be rejected.

[b][color=#004080]I want to go fishing![/color][/b]
Username:
Bait:
Link to Trade:

Customs
You can also purchase a custom of any known species. Please be aware that any markings requested will be made available to everyone.
[b][color=#004080]I would like a custom aquatic![/color][/b]
Username:
Species:
Color:
Markings:
Eye Color:
Link to Trade:

Prices
Fishing = 1 Uncommon / 1 C$ / 1 Wishlist Item / 1 2012 or older Item
Custom = 2 Uncommon / 2 C$ / 2 Wishlist Item / 2 2012 or older Item (Complex designs may require an extra fee.)
Last edited by Ciriun on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:58 am, edited 79 times in total.

---Image---
Click the teacup to see!

Ciriun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Garden Park

Postby Ciriun » Thu May 01, 2014 9:24 am

✼ Garden Park ✼

Here a lovely garden filled with flowers and fountains sits snugly against a deep, peaceful forest. Many animals roam the forest and sometimes wander into the gardens. Who knows what you might find here?

Satyrs

Original lineart by donkeykong. Please do not use offsite without their permission.

Satyrs are mischievous, playful creatures that live in forests and meadows. They need to be surrounded by nature in order to be healthy, so they do poorly kept indoors or in cities. Satyrs range from 3-5 feet tall and are all male. How they reproduce is still being studied, but it may be linked to their magical ability to make plants grow and flourish.

They are just as intelligent as humans and are capable of all the same skills. Though small, they are very hardy and can survive in harsh climates. Satyrs are herbivores, dining on everything from grasses and seeds to fresh fruit and bread. They are typically very social creatures who enjoy the company of others, but it is not unheard of for a satyr to be shy or dislike crowds.

Adopting
Satyrs can be adopted by two different methods. The first is to order a custom to look exactly how you want it to.

[color=#FF6060][b]I would like a custom satyr![/b][/color]
Username:
Hair/Fur color:
Eye color:
Skin color:
Hooves: Solid/Cloven
Hoof color:
Horns: Top/Bottom/Both/None
Horn color:
Ruff: Large/Small/None
Beard: Large/Medium/Small/None
Held Item: Stick/Club/Lantern/Flowers/Slingshot
Link to trade:

The second method is to search the park for one. Fill out the form with a few traits you would like your satyr to have, and one that matches that description will come to you.

[color=#FF6060][b]I would like to search for a satyr![/b][/color]
Username:
Personality traits: (Up to 3)
Link to trade:

Price
Sorry, but satyrs are not free. When you fill out your form, send a trade saying that it is payment for your satyr. The trade will be accepted when the satyr is finished. Prices are negotiable but please try not to offer too much lower than suggested below. In case there is any confusion, / will be used to separate different payment options.
  • Searching = 1 Rare / 5 Uncommons / 5 C$ / 5 Wishlist Items / 5 2012 or older Items
    (Additional changes cost 1 Common or lower each)
  • Custom = 1 Wishlist Rare / 1 2012 or older Rare / 5 different Wishlist Uncommons / 5 2012 or older Uncommons /
    7 C$ / 1 2010 or older Item
Last edited by Ciriun on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 19 times in total.

---Image---
Click the teacup to see!

Ciriun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Jungle Solarium

Postby Ciriun » Thu May 01, 2014 9:25 am

⌇⌇ Jungle Solarium ⌇⌇

Under a huge glass dome lies a miniature tropical rainforest packed with exotic plants so thickly you can barely see past the next bend in the winding path that twists throughout the enclosure.

Coming soon...
Last edited by Ciriun on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

---Image---
Click the teacup to see!

Ciriun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: W.I.P. No Posting

Postby Ciriun » Thu May 01, 2014 9:25 am

! Do Not Enter !

There is a large building, but it is locked up tight. Looks like you can't get in yet.
Last edited by Ciriun on Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

---Image---
Click the teacup to see!

Ciriun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: W.I.P. No Posting