The Prophecies Unfold || Moonclan *Reboot* OPEN & ACCEPTING

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

The Prophecies Unfold || Moonclan *Reboot* OPEN & ACCEPTING

Postby tyjodunseph » Tue May 07, 2024 9:45 am

*Specific prophecy will be listed once more characters are established

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A long, long time ago, four clans were destined by the sea. Sunclan, Moonclan, Cloudclan, and Seaclan. The cats of all clans lived in peace and in rivalry, with rules set out by their Warrior code and paws guided by their ancestors in Starclan. Each cat has always had a destiny of their own, some bigger than others. Some cats have been destined to unite the four clans in peace, while others promised doom and despair. Yet, even in the darkest times, their ancestors try their best to guide them onto the right path.

A prophecy is creeping near... what path has Starclan set out for you?

Links:

Moonclan Forms and Discussion Thread

Current status in roleplay:

The clan is waking up

Current Weather:

tbd

Last edited by tyjodunseph on Sat May 18, 2024 12:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Allegiance

Postby tyjodunseph » Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

Leader
Nightstar | ♂ | 82 moons | Catfrog

Deputy
To be chosen | ♂♀ | years | user

Medicine Cat
Dreamheart | ♀ | 18 moons | tyjodunseph

Medicine cat apprentice
Mantispaw | ♂ | 10 moons | oceanz

Warriors
Crowgaze | ♂ | 32 moons? | tyjodunseph
Wolftail | ♂ | 29 moons | Catfrog
Magpiefeather | ♀ | 38 moons | Catfrog
Redmoon | ♀ | 26 moons | oceanz
Hawkeye | ♂ | 34 moons | oceanz
Fernstep | ♂ | 72 moons | cryptweasil.
Minkheart | ♀ | 24 moons | Cryptweasel
Crystalflare | ♂ | 27 moons | star star.
Albinoleap | ♀ | 30 moons | Albino_
Foxdash | ♂ | 24 moons | wonpil
Flamebelly | ♀ | 19 moons | DriedGrape
Honeyheart | ♀ | 33 moons | star star.
Plumblaze | ♂ | 33 moons | Queen of flames
Basilcrest | ♂ | 19 moons | Queen of flames

Apprentices
Leopardpaw | ♂ | 11 moons? | tyjodunseph
Foxpaw | ♀ | 11 moons | Catfrog
Leafpaw | ♀ | 10 moons | star star.
Cloudypaw | ♂ | 6 moons | Cryptweasel
Amberpaw | ♀ | 6 moons | oceanz
Coralpaw | ♀ | 6 moons | tyjodunseph
Tadpolepaw | ♀ | 20 moons | wonpil
Iciclepaw | ♀ | 7 moons | Queen of Flames

Queens
Dunesplash | ♀ |26 | Queen of Flames

Kits
Scorpionkit |♂ | 5 moons | Queen of Flames
Tinykity | ♂ | 5 moons | Firelight_AA

Elders
Lilyspeckle| ♀ | 65 moons | Queen of flames
open | ♂♀ | years | user

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Loners
song | ♀ | 10 moons | star star.
Kittypets
luna? | she-cat | years | tyjodunseph
Last edited by tyjodunseph on Sun May 12, 2024 10:44 am, edited 16 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Relationships

Postby tyjodunseph » Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

Key:
One-way crush →
Mutual crush (unknown) →←
Mutual crush (known) ↔
Mates ♥
Forbidden Mates /♥\
Parent ⇌ Parent ⤷ Kits
Siblings ✧
name deceased

Mouse ⇌ Kittpet ⤷ Mantispaw, littermates
Amberpetal ⇌ Kittypet ⤷ Leopardpaw
WillowSpark ⤷ Leafpaw, Song
JadeheartRustclaw ⤷ Crystalflare
Rosethistle ⇌ Owlheart ⤷ Hawkeye
DandelionshadeStormstrike ⤷ Albinoleap, Hawkfang

Tadpolepaw ✧ Firedash adoptive brother
Wolftail ✧ Magpiefeather, half siblings
Mantispaw ✧ Leopardpaw, unknown half siblings
Leafpaw ✧ Crystalfare adoptive brother |✧ Song (loner/rogue)
Cloudypaw ✧ Amberpaw ✧ Coralpaw
Last edited by tyjodunseph on Wed May 08, 2024 8:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Territory

Postby tyjodunseph » Tue May 07, 2024 9:48 am

Overview

The four clans reside near the ocean, where there's deep rooted forest land, open hillside outlooking the sea, sandy beaches and rivers flowing into the ocean. The river branches out between the four clans, providing drinking water and fish. No matter where each clan resides, they can hear the rippling of the tide and taste the salty tang of the ocean on their tongue.

Moonclan Camp

Moonclan's territory mostly resides in the forest near the ocean. They spend most of their time among the trees, hunting mice, birds, voles, and occasionally rabbits. The camp is set in a heavily covered ravine, overgrown on top with intertwining tree branches and overgrown bushes. It gives them good protection from flying predators as well as enemies. They have filled in any gaps besides the main entrance with brambles, twigs, and anything they could find that would ward off intruders. The entrance to the camp happens to have strong scented rose bushes to deter predators while also being packed tight with thorn branches and more brambles.

High ledge, Leader's den, & Clearing

The High ledge is what the leader jumps on top of to call for a clan meeting. It is a jutted out stone Clan meetings can differ from kits being apprenticed, apprentices being made warriors, deputyship announcements, warriors retiring to elders, and any sort of news for the clan; good or bad. Beneath the High Ledge is the leader's den. It's a deep cave beneath the jutting rock, with an entrance of vines hanging down from the roof of the cave. Outside of the leader's den, and below the High Ledge is a nice and roomy, open clearing for the clan to gather during clan meetings.

Medicine Cat's Den

This is where the medicine cat, and their apprentice (if they have one) sleep. The entrance is basically completely covered in ferns, to the point when entering and exiting, you have to push through them. When you first go inside, its a bit more open; with room for multiple nests. When you go farther back you will see indents in the stone which are where the herbs are kept. Past the openings in the stone, the "cave" narrows and vines grow down from the roof. Past that is where the medicine cat sleeps. their apprentice sleeps in the more open section of the den. A very tiny stream of fresh water flows through the den and veers out through the stone walls.

Nursery

The Nursery is where expecting and nursing Queens (pregnant warrior she-cats) sleep. They stay here until their kits are ready to be apprenticed at 6 moons old. It is made out of an ancient fox den, the entrance made tinier and more protected by thorny brambles.

Warriors Den

Two fallen logs hold up A portion of a huge, thickly overgrown bush in the shape of an upside down V to make the entrance of the warriors den. Though their den isn't protected by stone, the bush is so overgrown and closely intertwined that it keeps the den perfectly dry.

Elders Den

The elders have a smaller but cozy cave that leads partially underground to keep them cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. The den is lined with dry moss.

Training Grounds

The training grounds is the location where mentors take their apprentices to train. Often battle training is done here, while hunting can be done pretty much anywhere in the territory. The training grounds are a large clearing with long lush grass. Large pine trees and bushes almost perfectly circle the clearing. The trees are sparce enough in the center for sun to shine down on clear days.

Sunclan Border

No Moonclan cat is to cross the border between Moonclan and Sunclan. To make things nice and simple for the clans, a river flows between the two and along the bank is where Moonclan sets their scent markers. The river flows along their territory and meets with the ocean. In the rare case that the two clans would need to cross into each other's territory to deliver important news or anything of the sort, there are stepping stones east of the sandplace away from the ocean and deeper into the forest.

Two-leg Place Border

Another border Moonclan shall not pass, is the two-leg place. On the northern side of their territory, what was lush forest abruptly changes into two-leg fencing.

The Moon Cave

Where medicine cats come each half-moon to share tongues with Starclan, their warrior ancestors. To get there, you must go all the way to the edge of the west border with the sand and follow it until you get to the second river connecting to the ocean. The landscape becomes rocky and you must climb around fallen rocks to get to the entrance of the cave. The ocean waves crash in and ripple to the back of the cave. There's a thin pathway along the edge of the water that leads deep into the pool filled cave. There, the medicine cats climb down to the large flat stone on the waters edge, where they drink from the starpool and fall into dreams with Starclan. This is also where leaders come to receive their nine lives from Starclan, as well as to share tongues with them whenever they need it most. Apprentices must journey here before becoming a warrior.

Last edited by tyjodunseph on Wed May 08, 2024 9:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby tyjodunseph » Tue May 07, 2024 9:53 am

Roleplay Rules
    1. Only "swearing" allowed is cat related, ex. "foxdung", "mouse brain", "fleabrain", "foxheart" (cruel), etc.

2. All CS rules apply, RP forum rules, etc.

3. Only talk out of character on the discussion and form thread, linked at the very top of the first post.

4. No being your own mate or crush

5. Important positions like deputy or medicine cat will be first come first serve/based on if I think your character is fit for the role.

6. No executing other cats unless it has been passed by me first.

7. You may cut off your own characters, but please also pass that by me first.

8. Please no arguing between each other, but arguing between characters is okay!

9. Realistic cat pictures & art is fine

10. No super powers/wings/etc. realistic cats only. You can have extra long claws or tail, etc.

11. Please include everything in the form I provide if using your own!

12. PLEASE reply with at least 4 sentences. it's hard to reply to only one.

13. If you are choosing a main role please be at least somewhat consistently active! Also, if anyone knows they will be away for a while please let me know so we can avoid interacting with your characters while you're gone!
Last edited by tyjodunseph on Tue May 07, 2024 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Warrior Code

Postby tyjodunseph » Tue May 07, 2024 10:00 am

The Warrior Code
    1. Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from the other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.

2. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan’s territory.

3. Elders and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders.

4. Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.

5. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.

6. Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their
    warrior name.

7. A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.

8. The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies or retires.

9. After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen
    before moonhigh.

10. A gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.

11. Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.

12. No warrior may neglect a kit in pain or in danger, even if that kit is from a different Clan.

13. The word of the Clan leader is the warrior code.

14. An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or it is necessary for self-defense.

15. A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.
Last edited by tyjodunseph on Tue May 07, 2024 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Terminology

Postby tyjodunseph » Tue May 07, 2024 10:04 am

Warrior Cats Terminology

➣ Newleaf = Spring

➣ Greenleaf = Summer

➣ Leaffall = Fall

➣ Leafbare = Winter

➣ Sand-place = The beach

➣ Silverpelt = The Milky Way

➣ Sunhigh = Noon

➣ Crowfood = Rotting food

➣ Fresh-kill = Recently killed prey

➣ Monster = Human machines like cars/bulldozers

➣ Thunderpath = A road

➣ Mouse-brained: Not very smart

➣ Mouse dung: An insult; stronger than mouse-brain, but less offensive than fox dung

➣ Sharing Tongues = Cats grooming each other

➣ White Cough = Mild chest infection

➣ Yellow Cough = A severe Illness, causes delirium

➣ Green Cough = A severe chest infection, can be fatal in elders and young kits
Last edited by tyjodunseph on Wed May 08, 2024 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Medicine Cat Herbs & Remedies

Postby tyjodunseph » Tue May 07, 2024 10:11 am

Herbs & Remedies
    Poppy Seeds ; Used for soothing pain, physical and emotional. Also used to induce sleep. Do not use on queens
    Form: Dried seed

Yarrow ; Used to rid of poison, causing a cat to vomit. Also used to soothe cracked paw pads
    Form: Chewed up leaves (poulstice)

Dock leaves ; Used to heal and soothe scratches or paw pads
    Form: Chewed

Borage ; Used for fevers, increasing queens milk production, or bellyache
    Form: Eaten whole or chewed up

Catmint ; Used for Whitecough and Greencough
    Form: Eaten whole

Thyme ; Used to alleviate shock and stress
    Form: Eaten or chewed up

Juniper Berries ; strength, to soothe a cat, alleviate bellyaches, or alleviate breathing problems
    Form: Eaten or chewed up

Moss ; gathering water or as an alternate to cobwebs for controlling bleeding
    Form: Gathered

Cobwebs ; controlling bleeding or binding bones
    Form: usually applied with a stick or paws

Herb Mixtures and what they're used for can be found on this page
Last edited by tyjodunseph on Tue May 07, 2024 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Apprentice Training

Postby tyjodunseph » Tue May 07, 2024 10:12 am

**Note: This is a general guide, you don't have to follow this specifically to a T.

Basic Rules

* Know that apprentices are expected to learn and abide by the warrior code. Failure to do so will reflect poorly on both the apprentice and their mentor.
*An apprentice works from early dawn to dusk unless otherwise specified

1. Apprentices may not leave camp without permission from their mentor, leader or deputy.
2. Apprentices may not eat until they have brought back one piece of prey for the elders or queens, unless given permission.
3. Apprentices must accompany their mentor when asked to.
4. It is discouraged for leaders to assign kin to train kin(ie, older siblings training younger, parents training children, etc.). This is to avoid favoritism and remove personal bias.
5. Apprentices must go through training for at least 6 moons before becoming a warrior.
6. After receiving their warrior name, former apprentices will hold a one-night vigil in silence.

The Basics: 6-8 moons old

** Apprentices this young may be low on stamina as their bodies adjust to having a rigorous schedule- there's a difference between training and overworking! Take care of your apprentice and don't stretch them too thin if you can help it.

1. Get to know your apprentice; chat with them, ask them about their aspirations or what they like. Gain their trust, and build their confidence in you. This will make training much smoother.
2. Border patrol. Take your apprentice out around the outskirts of the territory, pause by well-known landmarks, and show them the scent-markers.
3. Teach them how to care for the elders and queens(Or ask the current Medicine Cat to help, too).
4. Teach your apprentice emergency procedures- what to do if there's a disaster at camp, how to alert a patrol about a dangerous animal or event, and pass on important information to the leader or deputy. A warrior must know how to share important news swiftly and accurately!
5. Get help from the medicine cat or their apprentice to learn a few basic herbs. Warriors only really need to know to recognize a select few of the following - catmint, cobwebs, honey, horsetail, juniper, marigold, mouse bile, poppy seeds, and wild garlic. There's no need to memorize them all, but knowing a few can be very helpful.

Hunting: 7-10 moons

Hunting for prey is the most basic aspect of life as a warrior; combat is situational. The hunt is daily. Apprentices must do their best to feed the clan before they may be allowed to feed themselves. Prey will vary by clan location; check the Local Fauna thread!).

1. Basic technique; show your apprentice how to properly crouch, how to stalk their prey silently while still moving quickly. Don't worry about teaching them specific styles for certain animals. Only focus on the most essential basics.
2. Focus on specifics for each prey:
- Mice and voles: Drop into a crouch and take all your weight into your haunches so that your paws have no impact on the forest floor. Pounce and when you are close enough kill it with one swift bite to the neck.
- Rabbits: A rabbit will smell you before it sees you so approach it with the wind blowing in your direction. Pounce as soon as your close enough and kill it with one swift bite to the neck.
- Birds: Pad up to the tree and leap up. Snag your claw in the birds feathers and bring it down. Quickly bite the neck. Try to, if you can't get a killing strike in, disable its wings.
- Fish: Sit beside the river but make sure your reflection and shadow does not fall on the water. As soon as you spot a fish at the surface, dart out your paw and swoop it out of the water. Then quickly bite it to the neck. Make sure to keep it away from the water's shore.
3.4. Knowing when to give up. Some prey animals can retreat into burrows, cause harm, or otherwise eventually prove they're more trouble than they're worth. It's important to teach your apprentice when to keep trying and when to give up and search for different prey.

Battle Training: 8-12 moons old

** Apprentices at 8 moons finally have enough stamina and strength to start learning how to fight.

1. Teach your apprentice where they're vulnerable; the throat, belly, stomach, eyes, and spine are common targets for an opponent. Show them how to best strike these spots without getting hit back themselves.
2. Teach your apprentice how to "rabbit kick" with their hind legs, pin an opponent, pounce, and make basic swiping and clawing attacks.
3. Real-world experience. Is there a battle coming up? A patrol skirmish on the horizon? Bring your apprentice along. Sometimes the best way to learn is by doing.
4. Recuperating. Recovering after battle is just as important as the battle itself. Work with the medicine cat to learn a few basic field medicine practices(Putting cobwebs over a wound, fashioning a simple splint, using a stick to bite down on for pain management). Show them how to carry a cat who is too wounded to carry themselves.

Final Assessment

The mentor must watch their apprentice in secret as they hunt and judge how well they did overall. If their mentor deems the assessment a success, they will become a warrior.

Credit to these sites
Last edited by tyjodunseph on Wed May 08, 2024 10:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ceremonies

Postby tyjodunseph » Tue May 07, 2024 10:20 am

Leadership Ceremony

When the former leader dies, the new leader goes to the Moonstone, where they touch their nose to the stone and commune with StarClan. Nine cats give the leader his or her nine lives, each, saying these words:

Life-Giver: (Touches nose to the top of the new leader's head) With this life I give you (gift). Use it well (to, in, as, for, etc.) (use of gift)
When each life has been given, the previous leader comes forward and says these words:
Previous Leader: I hail you by your new name, _____star. Your old life is no more. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and StarClan grants you the guardianship of ____Clan. Defend it well; care for young and old; honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity.

Deputy Ceremony

A new deputy must be made at moonhigh after the previous deputy was killed, exiled, retired, or became leader!
The leader comes before the Clan to name the new deputy and says:

Leader: I say these words before StarClan, so that the spirits of our warrior ancestors (or former deputy name) may hear and approve of my choice. The new deputy of (Clan) is (warrior's name).

Medicine Cat Ceremony

A medicine cat apprentice may serve more moons of training than a warrior apprentice, as their mentor must decide when they are ready to become a full medicine cat. When they are, the two come before the Moonstone and say:

Medicine Cat: I, (name), medicine cat of ___Clan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. (He/she) has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help (he/she) will serve (his/her) Clan for many moons. ___paw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?
Apprentice: I do.
Medicine Cat: Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your true name as a medicine cat. ___paw, from this moment you will be known as (new name). StarClan honors your (virtues), and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of (Clan).

Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremonies

When a medicine cat apprentice is chosen, there are two ceremonies: One in front of the Clan and another before the Moonstone.
In front of the Clan:
Medicine Cat: Cats of (Clan), as you know, I will not be around forever. So it's time I took an apprentice. I have chosen a cat who has shown (virtues). Your next medicine cat will be (apprentice).
Leader: (Apprentice), do you accept the post of apprentice to (medicine cat)?
Medicine Cat: Then at the half-moon, you must travel to the Moonstone to be accepted by StarClan before the other medicine cats.
Leader: The good wishes of all (Clan) will go with you.

At the Moonstone:
Medicine Cat: (Apprentice), is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat?
Apprentice: It is.
Medicine Cat: Then come forward. Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. (He/she) has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant (him/her) your wisdom and insight so that (he/she) may understand your ways and heal (his/her) Clan in accordance with your will.

Warrior Ceremony

When an apprentice has finished six moons of training, they are given their full warrior name and are welcomed as a full member of the Clan:

Leader: I, (Leader), leader of (Clan), call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. (He/she) has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend (him/her) to you as a warrior in (his/her) turn. (Apprentice), do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?
Leader: Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. (Apprentice), from this moment you will be known as (new warrior name). StarClan honors your (virtues), and we welcome you as a full warrior of (Clan).

Apprentice Ceremony

When a kit reaches six moons, they are made into an apprentice. This ceremony can also occur if a cat joins a Clan, as very rarely does a Clan make a rogue a full member immediately. The following words are said:

Leader: (Kit), you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as (new name, ending with "paw"). Your mentor will be (name of warrior or medicine cat). I hope (name of warrior or medicine cat) will pass down all he/she knows on to you. The leader calls up the warrior he/she has chosen as a mentor.
Leader: (Warrior), you are ready to take on an apprentice. You are an excellent warrior (or "You had received excellent training from (former mentor)") and you have shown yourself to be (quality) and (quality). You will be the mentor of (apprentice), and I expect you to pass on all you know to (apprentice).

Elder Ceremony

When a warrior finds himself or herself to be unable to continue their everyday duties, they become an elder. This ceremony is held with great respect for said warrior. No lazy cat becomes an elder, however. The leader says these words at the ceremony:

Leader: (Warrior), is it your wish to give up the name of a warrior and go to join the elders?
Warrior: It is.
Leader: Your Clan honors you and all the service you have given to us. I call upon StarClan to give you many moons of rest.

credit
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me