──── ✧ only we remain ✧ | closed

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

──── ✧ only we remain ✧ | closed

Postby _humblebumble_ » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:00 am

The town of Dawn Creek was the home of two vampire covens,
the Del Rosario coven and the Sylvaine coven. Until recently,
the two covens had been living in relative peace. There was
no need to fight over feeding grounds, due to Dawn Creek's
prominent tourism bringing in many new people to feed on.
Unfortunately, rumour of the vampiric activity reached a
group of hunters and drew them in. The Sylvaine coven
was discovered first, and were unable to fight the hunters
off. The Sylvaine coven was almost entirely eradicated. In
an attempt to protect the remaining members of the coven,
the decision was made to attempt to merge with the Del
Rosario coven, who have always been stronger and more in
numbers. Tensions are high due to the decision, and the fact
that the hunters have not left Dawn Creek yet.

rules | character list | status | discussion thread

Last edited by _humblebumble_ on Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
_humblebumble_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

──── ✧ only the rules ✧

Postby _humblebumble_ » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:00 am

RULES
    ████
    ████
    ████
    ████
    one. all cs rules apply two. pm me to reserve roles (48 hours)
    three. two slots per person (only one "special" role per person)
    four. 200-300 word minimum five. realistic faceclaims only
    six. turn off signatures seven. post forms in discussion thread

_humblebumble_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

──── ✧ only the characters ✧

Postby _humblebumble_ » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:01 am

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐋 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐍
THE LEADER | Matias Del Rosario
played by Ashton_99
THE SECOND | Abraham Charron
played by bigwig.
A GUARD | Erika Leitner
played by HUNDAR
A GUARD | Rafael De Luca
played by ghostlyhamlet
A GUARD | Oryn Drabek
played by Stargazer3000
NEWLY TURNED | Lin Han-Bin
played by mtuan
NEWLY TURNED | Name Lastname
played by jennie
COVEN MEMBER | Cybil Fasley
played by _humblebumble_
COVEN MEMBER | Zahra Vargas
played by Ashton_99
COVEN MEMBER | Amaranth Charron
played by bigwig.
COVEN MEMBER | Blanchefleur Cartier
played by fortissimo
COVEN MEMBER | Lee "Fox" Minjun
played by borahae.
COVEN MEMBER | Azreal Sin
played by gunthyr

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐘𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐍
THE LEADER | Emiel Sylvaine
played by _humblebumble_
A GUARD | Name Lastname
played by serendipity !
NEWLY TURNED | Lillian Fala
played by otisblue
COVEN MEMBER | Alaric Lane
played by HUNDAR
COVEN MEMBER | Oh Chang-Ha
played by mtuan
COVEN MEMBER | Name Lastname
played by jennie
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒
hunter roles will be allowed as
secondary characters to active
members

𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐑𝐀 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐎
VAMPIRE LORE
In order to be turned into a vampire, a
human has to be bitten by a vampire and
get said vampires blood into the bite.

Vampires have two forms, an entirely
human looking form and a more monster-
like form. Their iris turns a shade of red,
the sclera goes from white to black,
black veins appear on their face, and all
of their teeth become sharp. Vampires
can at will switch between forms but lose
control if they're hungry, staying in the
monstrous form.

Vampires diet consists of human blood.
While they can drink animal blood for a
short period of time, it is really unhealthy
and human blood is required for long-term
survival. They can eat regular food but it
does nothing for them and they will stay
hungry.

Vampires are incredibly strong and fast,
as well as having good reflexes. The older
a vampire is the more powerful they are.

Vampires weakness is the sun, exposure to
sunlight is deadly to them. They've found a
way around this though, using rings that
prevent the unfortunate fate. Be careful!
Hunters are aware of this ring and will
often try to cut off fingers to kill
vampires.

SETTING
a town called Dawn Creek, located in
Oregon. Dawn Creek is a beach town with
a forest on the other end.

Last edited by _humblebumble_ on Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:06 am, edited 20 times in total.
_humblebumble_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

──── ✧ only the status ✧

Postby _humblebumble_ » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:02 am

STATUS
    ██████

LINKS
    ██████

UPDATES
    ██████
    ██████
    ██████
    ██████
    ██████
    we are CLOSED

discussion thread | character list | rules

04/20. official opening! yay
    04/20. more roles were added!
    04/20. discord was made, pm for link
    04/22. all the roles are filled! rp is closed
    04/25. RP OFFICIALLY STARTED! woooo!!!!

Last edited by _humblebumble_ on Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
_humblebumble_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

──── ✧ Emiel Sylvaine ✧ | one

Postby _humblebumble_ » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:13 am

𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐘𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄 ✦

█│ Sylvaine Coven Leader │ he/him │ tags. matias mentions. sylvaine coven location. del rosario manor

Emiel is no stranger to grief. He’s lived a long treacherous life, and has lost many of his friends and family along the way. He can barely even remember the family he had as a human, having been torn from them by his circumstances. As the years went by, Emiel had distanced himself from feeling attachments. The people he’d lost had made it harder and harder for him to even want connections. Leaving before the worst could happen was easier, simpler. That way, nobody could leave him wanting. Abandonment came easy to Emiel, a harsh reality that he was willing to be cruel. Selfish, and scared. He had thought his existence, his unattached lifestyle, would be his self inflicted curse for as long as he remained alive. He thought he was okay with it.

Until Ayla. Ayla had been just like any other person coming into his life. Emiel had been expecting a brief partnership, a short period of connection in their separate long lives. He’d expected to forget her name as he had with so many others.

But she was different. Sure, he’d met many positive optimistic types that tried to understand him, but they’d ultimately failed. Ayla was different in that regard, while she may not have entirely understood him, it didn’t matter to her. She stayed regardless of understanding. And her attitude was contagious, and for the first time in centuries Emiel felt himself getting attached. He’d tried his usual tactics, running away and cutting things off before he could begin feeling much more. His walls were well guarded, his fear making him a coward to his own feelings.

Yet, Ayla continued on. She wasn’t reliant on Emiel, she could handle him leaving her. The simple reason she didn’t allow it was because she wanted to stay with him. Emiel had been overwhelmed, unsure.

Allowing Ayla to stay with him was, and is, a decision Emiel will never be able to forget. She’d been… everything. The light that brought him a sense of peace and belonging after years of being alone and jaded. The very second he relented, the very moment he’d stopped running, the two of them were inevitable. He hadn’t known at the time, just how much he was capable of feeling. Loving Ayla was simultaneously the hardest thing in the world, and the easiest. It opened his world up again, to knowing himself and more strangely, knowing others.

The two of them, together, were an unstoppable force. Their coven, formed slowly over the years, were like family. Emiel would’ve never become the leader of a coven before his life was changed. He would’ve never been someone to rely on, and the very fact that they relied on him, truly, will haunt Emiel for the rest of existence.

He failed them.

This grief, this failure, it’s unlike any other. He is no stranger to grief, and yet. The long arduous process of opening himself up to feeling love changed everything. The loss he’s suffered in the past, the losses that made him cold, they’re nothing compared to what he’s lost now.

Not only Ayla, his love, his soulmate. He’s lost almost the entirety of their coven. The home that they built together, the family he never wanted but now misses more than anything.

There’s only six of them now, a far cry from the coven they had molded. The five of them mean more to Emiel than anything else in this world, and he will do everything in his power to keep them safe. Yet, he knows his own power is useless. He couldn’t keep the rest of the coven alive, not even at their strongest. He knows what he has to do.

Matias Del Rosario is not a man Emiel would especially consider a friend. In fact, he’d go so far as to say he dislikes him. Not for any particular reason other than he’s the leader of a coven in the same Dawn Creek that Emiel and his coven resided in. While there has never been any reason to fight over food, it’s still a tense situation to be in. Any scarcity in resources could end in bloodshed.

It’s the only choice Emiel can make, though. The Del Rosario coven is stronger, and the hunters haven’t found them. Emiels coven needs sanctuary, they need a place to go. The hunters are still here, they know they haven’t gotten everyone. They’ll keep tracking them down. Emiel will not watch more of his family die. The Del Rosario is their best chance of survival right now, even if it means he has to give up his pride and beg.

Matias’ seaside mansion isn’t a place Emiel has ever been, or ever expected himself to willingly visit, but he’s seen it before and knows where it is. He’s brought the five of his remaining coven members, and although it may be seen as some sort of threat for all of them to be here, Emiel hopes Matias understands that there's no feasible way they could survive an attack, there's a chance he’s heard some of what has been happening. Maybe he’ll help them out of pity. Or maybe he’s a kind man, and Emiel is simply projecting. He simply didn’t want to come alone and leave anyone behind. He can’t bear to be separated yet.

As the six of them approach, Emiel is shocked to see Matias right away, leaning on the railing of a balcony facing them, as if he was expecting them.

Emiel stops in front of the building, looking up at Matias. It’s a very upsetting metaphor for the current situation. Emiel makes sure his coven is behind him, no one stepping a foot closer than him.

“Matias Del Rosario,” Emiel shouts, addressing him finally. Matias is already watching them, so Emiel begins explaining right away. Their survival depends on the outcome of this conversation, so Emiel feels nervous. Another feeling he never would’ve experienced had he never cared about anyone.

“The hunters attacked us, my coven has been torn apart. Those you see here now are the only vampires remaining alive. I am here to ask a favour, I know you owe nothing to me, but I hope you respected Ayla enough to hear me out. I need-” he pauses, swallowing his pride. Matias’ face reveals nothing about his opinion, “I need a place for my coven to find safety. They are all that matters to me.”

Emiel lets out a long breath, and with his final words puts the final nail in the coffin of his dignity, “I am offering to step down as my coven's leader if that's what it takes for us to stay here.”
Last edited by _humblebumble_ on Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
_humblebumble_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⤝✧Matias✧⤞ 1

Postby Ashton_99 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:13 am

⤝✧𝕸𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖆𝖘 𝕯𝖊𝖑 𝕽𝖔𝖘𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖔✧⤞
⤝✧Del Rosario Coven Leader ✧ He/Him ✧ Tags:Emiel + Both Covens ✧ Location:Del Rosario Manor ✧⤞

The cliffs on the edge of the Oregon coast were perhaps- if you asked Matias- the best place in the world. Even beating out the vineyards of France in the 1800s or Greece in 200 BC. The late night coastal breeze brought with it the scent of the sea and there was little Matias loved more than that. But there was something else in the air now, even if it was only a manifestation Matias created himself. There was blood in the air, but it was not human. No, it was vampiric. And because of that blood, the head of the Del Rosario’s was waiting on the front balcony of the seaside manor. He knew they were coming. The question was simply when, and how many. The hunters- those ridiculous creatures- had been poking around. The Del Rosario coven had managed to avoid them thus far but it was only a matter of time before they or the Sylvaines were attacked. It seemed that it was the Sylvaines who had drawn the short straw this time around.

Through it all, Matias simply hoped that Ayla had made it through. She was one of the only Sylvaines that Matias would actually care to help if she'd asked.

He’d asked his own coven to wait inside the manor until he gave other orders, not mentioning the potential arrival of the Sylvaines though he suspected some might be aware of the possibility. The last thing that needed to happen was everyone baring their fangs at one another, Matias enjoyed drama but that was a bit much even for him. Distantly he could hear the Sylvaine now, the sound of their approach faint but drawing closer still.

From the antique teapot by his elbow, Matias poured himself a cup of black tea while he waited. Steam curled from the matching cup, brushing against his icy skin and the many rings decorating his fingers. One of them was his day walker ring though it was impossible to tell which from a glance. With tea in hand, Matias leaned against the balcony’s edge. The Sylvaine came from the tree line and into the yard of the manor. Six of them. Only six. Matias narrowed his eyes, studying the small group. Ayla was not among them. ‘How troublesome.’

Unfortunately, Emiel was. As the other coven leader began his address Matias lounged on the balcony, playing the role of a benevolent ruler above them he heard out the man’s plea. Tilting his head curiously, he was fascinated by the edge of nerves in the man’s words. The few times he had met Emiel, he’d found the man rather boring and rude. This though, this was new. It was exciting. Then, rather suddenly, it wasn’t. Matias’s musings were cut short by Emiel’s mention of Ayla. ‘Past tense… he used the past tense.’ It was strange, somehow. He had not been expecting the grief that had snuck up on him at the realization. Still, Matias’s features remained impassive. Through the centuries he had lost many who he’d considered friends but rarely did it ever get easier.

Ayla had been the reason he had not pushed further into his dispute with the Sylvaine coven. She had always been kind, offering friendship even to the likes of him. And now she was gone.

Matias let out a breath when Emiel’s speech came to an end. Emotions aside, there was a particular role here he had to fulfill. That, and there was something so incredibly satisfying about hearing Emiel Sylvaine say he would step down from his role in order to receive Del Rosario’s protection.

“I see,” he began, setting his cup of slowly cooling tea down on the railing. The breeze catches his hair and loose shirt as Matias stands straighter. He calls loud enough so that his own coven would be able to hear him inside the manor. “Family, please make the Sylvaines feel welcome while dear Emiel and I have our parlay.” Centuries of life and traveling had morphed Matias’s accent into an implacable thing, something warm and melodious but not quite specific to any one region. As well, his voice carried an appropriately smug tone, not allowing the slightest hint of his sadness to leak through.

He may not have liked Emiel, but the man was right. He’d respected Ayla enough that he would have helped her, and this was the coven she’d cared about. Well, that and the opportunity itself was much too tempting to pass up.

Without further ado, Matias swung himself over the balcony’s edge and into the yard. He landed gracefully in front of the remains of the Sylvaine coven despite the two-story drop. He opened his arms wide, the smile he wore was bright but crooked on his face. “Please, make yourselves at home.” He led them across the stone path to the large front doors of the manor. Dramatically he pushed the doors open, granting the Sylvaine access to the seaside manor for the first time.

The entryway, much like the rest of the manor, was immaculately decorated. The décor was made up of pieces from across the ages, some Matias had collected himself, and others came from members of the coven past and present. He allowed them a moment to look around and familiarize themselves with the first section of the house before speaking again. “Emiel, let us go to my office and finalize matters, yes? The rest of you may explore and get situated. I ask you to defer to my coven if you have any questions or concerns, if it is a particularly important matter, see my second, Abraham.” He was rather specifically not inviting anyone else to sit in on the discussion. No, this was a matter between him and Emiel alone. Coven leader to -well- soon to be former coven leader. Matias had questions of his own for the sake of the Del Rosario coven now that they were becoming involved in this matter.
Ashton_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝐨𝐫𝐲𝐧 [1]

Postby Stargazer3000 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:43 pm

𝐨𝐫𝐲𝐧
tagged blanchfleur| mentioned sylvaine coven | location del rosario mansion
─────────────────────────────────
    The sitting room had no right to look as good as it did. Furniture stolen from different centuries filled the dimly lit space, lending the room the distinct feeling of being split apart from time itself. In the far corner, fifteenth century chairs faced each other over a low table inlaid with intricate carvings of foliage, while before the empty fireplace an emerald velvet loveseat from the early nineteenth century sat empty. Book-filled shelves lined the walls, and candelabras stood at attention on the mantel. Antiquity was layered upon antiquity.

It was Oryn’s favorite room. The deep hues of the furniture bled together as the soft glow of candlelight fought back the shadows threatening to swallow the space. He had drawn the velvety curtains shut upon entering the room in preparation for waiting out the entire night in its walls - even with the ring that spared him from the wrath of the sun, he had no interest in watching daybreak, no interest in the light. Very little interested him these days.

What did interest him was the smell of blood that permeated the manor, sickly sweet and strong enough to linger. Mortal blood was like water in a stream, present one second then gone the next, but the blood of his kindred was potent. There was no mistaking the scent of the immortals that clung to the back of his throat, a scent that in turn made his own blood simmer at the implication of their killers.

Hunters were a vile mold that simply would not be washed away - no matter how hard he’d tried.

When Matias had requested earlier that the coven stay within the manor walls, it had been apparent what was coming. Rather, who was coming. The why had been less clear. But, like the sunrise, Oryn simply had no interest in Sylvaine. If they had come for treaties or for bloodshed, it made no difference, so an hour ago waiting had been little more than a nuisance. But hunters made all the difference in the world, and now the waiting seemed cruel indeed.

At least he was not waiting alone.

Blanch glowed in the soft candlelight, her willowy form draped in golden fabric cutting through the deep shadows of the sitting room. How like the furniture the two of them were - separated by centuries, and apart from time itself. Oryn had always appreciated the timeless quality of hers, that preservation of a world long dead, that love of something lost.

But looking at her now, in a room permeated by the smell of their slain brethren, he had no doubt that love was far from her thoughts. His eyes darkened imperceptibly as the boiling in his blood grew stronger, the thought of her own rage pulling Oryn forward in his chair like a moth to the flame. He’d felled many hunters in his time - never enough to sate him, never enough to repay the debt he was owed - but he’d yet to see her perfect hands stained red. They would be beautiful. Perhaps together they’d -

Matias’s command severed the silence, the lilting tones of his voice stirring Oryn from his thoughts of sweet bloodshed. It was time to greet their guests. In a graceful motion, Oryn rose to his feet, pushing back the stray hairs from his brow that had fallen forward moments ago. Silently he swept across the room, closing the distance between him and his companion.

For a heartbeat he simply stood by her side - if he was a poet, he would have called her Melpomene - before offering her his hand. “Come Blanch, accompany me?”

────

The entryway, however grand, was going to get crowded. They had emerged from the sitting room in time to catch the tail-end of Matias’s instructions. It made no difference, it wasn’t Matias that Oryn was regarding with a hunter’s gaze - The leader of their sorry group was clear, his soft features sharpened by pain raw enough to taste. A taste Oryn knew all too well. To him, Oryn offered a mocking incline of the head, a false display of deference. In loss they were brothers, but in all other regards he could find no reason for true sincerity.

Behind the leader stood more newcomers; a hulking man, the very picture of the vikings Oryn had slain in lifetimes past, a slender man, just as tall as the first with a air of gravitas, and a slip of a girl with something wild in her eyes and Oryn instantly itched to tease out.

This evening was shaping up to be interesting indeed.
Stargazer3000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

───[ LILLIAN // 001

Postby ᴮᴸᵁᴱ » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:56 pm

𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐍
    lillian fala|she/her|tags. n/a|mentioned. sylvaine + del rosario covens
    ─────────────────────────────────────
    walking to the del rosario coven was not something this baby vampire had expected to be doing so soon after transitioning - especially having heard so much about emiel’s dislike for their leader. while lillian wasn’t scared, per se, she was indeed cautious; she and the other sylvaine members were essentially just walking blindly into unknown territory. she hadn’t heard much about matias or his coven themselves; all she knew was that emiel avoided them while ayla - sweet, gorgeous ayla - was friendly with them. ‘ayla..’ the name echoed around her head, along with amara shortly after. the emotional wounds were still so fresh; she’d lost her love and a motherly figure, as well as other newly made friends, all at once. she could only imagine what emiel had been feeling.

looking up at emiel as she walked, she made sure to stick close behind him as if she were a puppy who had lost her mama. to be honest, she kind of was. emiel and ayla took her in, and lillian finally had a father again - she had a family. her heart hurt for her leader, a fire burned in her chest, and she had a mix of emotions - primarily rage and upset. she was sure the others could smell it on her - but she couldn’t exactly help it. she had just turned a few days prior to the attack; her humanity was still hanging on and with everything heightened, she couldn’t control her emotions. but she tried, she tried her absolute best to keep it together.

lillian looked around at the remaining members of the broken coven, scanning everyone’s faces, until she got to alaric. he had barely even looked at her since it all happened. they had been great friends - lillian even considered him her best friend. and now, it was like she was nothing to him. was she really losing everyone she loved? even emiel had been distant from her. of course, she understood- but her heart could only handle so much.

emiel stopped, and lillian had almost bumped into him. she had been looking at the ground almost the entire way there, so she hadn’t even realised they were now stood in front of the del rosario mansion. as she looked around, her eyes widened slightly; it was beautiful. the smell of salt water filled her nose. breathing it all in, she felt a sudden wave of what i guess you could call relief. somehow, she felt safe where she was. then, she heard emiel speak. lillian listened as hi voice broke ever so slightly, and watched matias where he was stood. when emiel mentioned stepping down as leader of the sylvaines, lillian couldn’t help but allow her mouth to drop open. now, that was something she didn’t expect either.

saying nothing, she waited for matias’ response. when he finally opened his mouth and spoke, he was already on the ground. she watched as he opened the doors to the mansion and beckoned us in. lillian didn’t move an inch until emiel broke his still streak. following him in, she made eye contact with a few of the del rosario members as they came walking towards them. the hairs on the back of her neck stood up; there was the fear she was missing. it wasn’t enough to affect her too much - just enough to make sure she had her guard up.

lillian was so distracted by all of the new surroundings, sounds and feelings that she didn’t even notice emiel leave them. she went to follow, but stopped herself and scolded herself internally; ‘you do not need him to protect you, and you do not need to protect him.’ she thought to herself, and stepped back into the circle of her coven, watching the del rosario members. not knowing what to do, she cleared her throat; “so, uh.. anyone got a drink?” she said in a small voice, desperately trying to find some humour in the situation.
ᴮᴸᵁᴱ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

alaric // 001

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:00 am

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
𓃝. ──────────── ( 𝑨𝑳𝑨𝑹𝑰𝑪 𝑳𝑨𝑵𝑬 .
sylvaine coven member, tagging: open // mentioned: Emiel, Lillian, Matias // location: del rosario house
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    On any ordinary day, Alaric would have liked to stand by the ragged Oregon coast and watch the waves breaking against the rocks, while enjoying the cool of the briny air washing up to land. But it was not an ordinary day, not even close. They stood in the hazy eve of a funeral, the air blurred with grief and the heavy smell of their kinsblood clogging the air to the point where one was unsure whether they were having trouble breathing. Throughout all of his undead existence, Alaric had never felt far from humankind, but never had he felt human like this, and hated it so. Hated remembering how it felt to stand on the edge of a trench and see it turned into a mass grave of those he had considered his closest friends. The people he had played cards with under unending gunfire and talked about nothing and everything, and the most meaningful of things merely to keep themselves awake during the small hours of a long, long watch. So human, so vulnerable, and so full of self-hatred. A new war for weary hands to wage.

Justice was blind, but so was mourning, and so was anger. Alaric wandered after what had survived of his coven as if he had a bloodied bandage tied over his eyes, not quite seeing and unsure how he might have still been standing at all. The grief was an oil-dark snake, coiling slowly in his stomach and slithering to squeeze his heart in its rough and clammy grip. He felt little more than a brooding stormcloud hanging at the very back of the small group, with his hulking frame and brow pressed low over his usually so bright and friendly eyes. Only a short while ago, he would have made an effort to appear non-threatening to the coven at whose mercy they now stood, uncaring of such a terms as enemy and competitor, but he no longer had the presence of mind. The air was far too crowded with blood and grief. All those long and storied lives ended at the hands of human hunters. They deserved to die in the cold and painful grip of vengeance, each and every one of them.

Alaric's eyes lifted slowly from the ground and staggered to the back of Emiel Sylvaine, drawn by the sound of his voice. But his gaze hardly focused, his mind trained on inward thoughts. It was as if everything had been rearranged. Had Alaric not been tethered to the ground by such a weighty sense of gravity, the loss sitting on his shoulders, he might have found himself floating and disconnected. The slaughter of his family had not only taken the dead from him, but severed the ties that bound him to the surviving. So heavy had been the shift of his mind, the change in his view of the world. How could he look them in the face again when all he wanted was to find a human, innocent or not, and take them apart with his hands? How could he ever even imagine laughing with his friends again? Spending time with Lillian? He knew this feeling too well, the survivor's guilt, and yet he couldn't bring himself to talk with those who might have understood, the ones standing hardly an arm's length away.

A white hot flare of anger consumed Alaric's body, but he stood still as a statue, locking in on the sound of the crashing waves, like a creature hypnotized and away from this world. Emiel's decision to ask for the help of another coven was irrelevant to him. It did not matter whether he was going to find his war alone or with an army at his back. Neither did he care about the borders of covens anymore, had he ever in the first place. They were all vampires in the eyes of the hunters, and it was us against them. What did matter to him was the nature of the man standing on the balcony, and the edge of willingness to humiliate dancing on his tongue was repulsive to Alaric. Vampire or not, it was vile of a man to mock the fallen. He had no desire to hear any more of it.

Alaric walked past Matias as if he were nothing more than a ghost, stepping into the entryway and walking past the curious faces waiting inside without much of a reaction. He wandered past rooms and decorated walls without giving them any attention, until he found himself in a sitting room, where he stopped to stand at a window at the back with his hands in his pockets. Quiet and unmoving, the air around him heavy with sorrow. Like a sad dog caught in the rain.
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

«☆Zahra☆» 1

Postby Ashton_99 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:28 am

«☆ℤ𝕒𝕙𝕣𝕒 𝕍𝕒𝕣𝕘𝕒𝕤☆»
«☆Del Rosario Coven Members ☆ She/Her ☆ Tags:Lillian(mentions Matias + Alaric) ☆ Location:Del Rosario Manor☆»

Sprawled out on one of the many couches in one of the many rooms of the Del Rosario manor, Zahra pretends to sleep. She’d worked a double the night before at The Cove, and now today Matias had been bent on all of them staying in the manor and waiting on orders. As it wasn’t often that he gave commands such as those, she had cooperated and resigned herself to a slow day inside. It was not her preference to lounge around the manor all day, but she had at least managed to get some work in on a pair of earrings she had been designing for the better part of the past three days in her free time.

She wasn’t quite sure who the earrings would be for, which was unusual for her. Generally, when she started a new project she had a recipient in mind even if it was only herself, but this time around the idea had been vague. Dark gunmetal twisted and shaped to her desired design under the care of well-practiced hands. Then she had accidentally snapped a part of one and decided she needed a break from the whole endeavor. The red gemstones she’d planned to use lay half-abandoned next to the rest of the project on the coffee table in front of her. It had been hours since then.

The sun had set hours ago and Zahra was no closer to finishing the earrings nor much else. Lethargy had claimed her while others in the Del Rosario coven moved through the manor. Involved with one another or their own activities. She had meant to actually fall asleep hours ago but hadn’t managed. Some part of her was too anxious. She’d noticed signs of hunters around Dawn Creek the past few weeks. None had come to The Cove as far as she could tell, but still, she’d been on alert. But now, in the relative safety of her coven’s manor she was downright bored.

At least, she was up until Matias’s faux-light tone floated through the manor. ’The Sylvaines…’ She had no strong opinions on the other coven, but if nothing else, their arrival would certainly make things interesting. Zahra swung her legs off of the lounging couch and pocketed the half-made project for later. For now, there was something new to hold her interest.

The manor came to life with the sounds of the undead moving through the halls, coming to gather around the entryway. Zahra sidestepped as a large man stormed past her and down the hall without a second glance. And while not appreciative of the move, she could not fault him for his demeanor. From what it appeared, the hunters that had been poking around Dawn Creek had slashed the Sylvaine coven numbers dramatically. Zahra watched the man until he disappeared down the hall before returning her attention to those milling in the entryway.

The first to speak was a woman from the Sylvaines, and while her attempt at breaking the tension didn’t quite seem to land Zahra had to respect her initiative in the situation. In return, she didn’t step forward, but spoke up from her spot further back, “A drink I can do, just pick your poison, chère.” The soft drawl of Zahra’s accent drew out the casual term of endearment as she beckoned the woman to follow her.

She lead the woman through the manor, passing the mismatched décor and pieces of furniture from across the centuries without a second glance. They reached the kitchen shortly. Though she still ate human food occasionally, most of Zahra’s time in the coven kitchen was spent experimenting. Mixing drinks, while perhaps not her favorite hobby, was a decent pass time between obligations and feedings when her jewelry projects got too frustrating. “So, what’ll it be?” With the eclectic assortment of supplies the coven had at any one time, most requests were manageable. Though, if the woman was looking for the other kind of drink their kind partook in she would have to wait until their respective coven leaders finished speaking.
Ashton_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me