Sqim - Staff Application (OPEN)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Sqim - Staff Application (OPEN)

Postby Franz Kromer » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:26 pm

Staff Application are currently OPEN!
We are looking for artists!

Franz Kromer wrote:I can use many more hands helping to run this UMA so if you are looking to apply to an
artist or moderator for Sqim, head on down or click the links here for the sections.

Bob will always be where papers is at...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Artist ApplicationMod Application
<= Return to the Main Thread
Last edited by Franz Kromer on Fri May 17, 2024 2:13 am, edited 6 times in total.
Franz Kromer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

General Details

Postby Franz Kromer » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:56 pm

General Details wrote:Most if not all communication will be through Discord, PM on Chicken Smoothie will be reserve for special circumstance.
⋆ Please post your application form here or you can PM me your form if you want to.
⋆ I will PM you if your application is accepted.
⋆ You can only apply to be an Artist or Mod once a month.
⋆ Benefit and payment to staff position may change as the UMA grow.
⋆ Multiple staff positions can be apply for at the same time.
Franz Kromer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Artist Application

Postby Franz Kromer » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:55 am

Artist positions details wrote:When creating and submit example Sqims for your application, please use the provided Fake Squim PSD/PNG. Do not remove the Fake tag as that will invalid your application.
◇ Your designed Sqims are not official unless you are approved for the position.
◇ Example Sqim must be original and does not based on any OC or Fandom Characters.
To be consider for the Sqim Maker and Breeding Helper position, you must design a minimum of 2 standard example Sqim design and 2 Strange example Sqim design.
    *Standard Sqim are defined by having minimal to no line art change such as Taco and Mezzie
    Strange Sqim on the other hand are defined by how much their details and features that break and deviate from the standard line art with Lemon and Bob being example.
And to be to be consider for the Item Designer position, you must design 4 example items.
◇ Everyone applied and approved for an artist position will all start as a Guest Artist. After one month while meeting their position requirement, they will be become permanent staff.

Artist Application Form
Code: Select all
b]Username - Account ID:[/b]
[b]Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?:[/b]
[b]Position applying for:[/b]
[b]Tell me about your designs:[/b]
[b]Example Sqims:[/b]

Fake example Sqim template
ImageorImage
PSD 1PSD 2

Sqim Maker position wrote:Requirements:
    ► Can export images as PNG, can make a batch of Sqim with 5 Sqim minimum once per month. Art file must be PSD or you can make a PSD version of your art file with decent layer sorting (Do not merge everything!), preferably line and colors separate for Breeding Helper to splice if needed later on.
    ► Open to the possibility of making custom Sqim.
    ► Must be 13+ to be on Discord.

Breeding Helper position wrote:Requirements:
    ► Can export images as PNG, must handle at least 1 breeding request per month. Art file must be PSD or you can make a PSD version of your art file with decent layer sorting (Do not merge everything!), preferably line and colors separate.

Item Designer position wrote:Requirements:
    ► Can export images as PNG, must make at least 3 items per month.

Benefits for all artist position wrote:Benefits:
    ► The ability to make unlimited amount of Staff Sqim.
      ▹ Staff Sqim while official and can be use in activities, display in your archive. They are not Tradeable for other Sqim, items or UMA. Essentially locked and bound to your account unless otherwise (There a way to make them tradeable)
► Once per month as artist, you can can request a Custom Sqim from the owner. While the base line is limited to those made and used in the month, lines edit are allow to be requested.

► For Items Designer, they will get 25 copy of the items they made to do as they wish from using to trading.

► 60 QbImage can be earn per Sqim made for Monthly Batch, Challenge, Explore, Custom/Breeding or Server giveaway. 40 QbImage will be rewarded per clothing items made.
Last edited by Franz Kromer on Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
Franz Kromer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Moderator Application

Postby Franz Kromer » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:55 am

Moderator position details wrote:Anyone applying for a moderator position must be 20+ in age, do not lie about your age as you will be blacklist from the UMA upon discovery.
◇ Moderators are expected to be some what online and can respond to questions in reasonable time. We don't expect you to be online 24/7 but must be frequently enough to check on things from time to time and perform your role requirement.
◇ Anyone in the moderator must be able to memorize the various rules had been set up and enforce them. You may also need to be instructed how to carry out action in a certain format.
◇ Everyone applied and approved for a moderator position will all start as a General Helper. After one month while meeting their position requirement, they will be become permanent staff.

Moderator Application Form
Feel free to dm me your mod app if you aren't comfortable with some of the info in here being public
Code: Select all
[b]Username - Account ID:[/b]
[b]Time zone:[/b]
[b]Any past/current experience in being a moderator for a UMA?:[/b]
[b]Position applying for:[/b]
[b]Tell me about how you goes about moderating:[/b]

Discord moderator wrote:"General discord moderation"
Requirements:
► Must verify and let new member into the server when they join.
► Be able to redirect members to the right channel and remove inappropriate/misplace messages. Be ok with breaking up arguments and de-escalate situation.
► Must memorize all of the rules in the server and enforce them.
► Be able to answer members question in Staff Qna.

Explore Helper wrote:"You will be handling people explore results on the daily with a break for two day, Sat and Sun. Helper will be train before hand."
Requirements:
Be able to format forum post and keep track of CS time.
► Roll and format daily explore results, must notify other Explore helper if you are unable to for any day.
► Able to keep track of the rules and enforce them.
► Must be able to keep track and verify people travel logs

Benefits for all moderator position wrote wrote:► The ability to make unlimited amount of Staff Sqim.
► Staff Sqim while official and can be use in activities, display in your archive. They are not Tradeable for other Sqim, items or UMA. Essentially locked and bound to your account unless otherwise (There a way to make them tradeable)
► Once per month as moderator, you can can request a Custom Sqim from any official artist.
► Moderator get 300QbImage per month
Last edited by Franz Kromer on Fri May 17, 2024 2:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
Franz Kromer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sqim - Staff Application (OPEN!)

Postby sillymillipede » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:07 pm

Username - Account ID: kingtotodile + 1002360
Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: no
Position applying for: sqim maker
Tell me about your designs: so for my standards, i did a cute lil pink/purple guy and the other based on madagascar day geckos! for my stranges, i did moray eel and emperor butterfly inspired :3
Example Sqims:
Image Image
Image Image
Image 𝚔𝚒𝚝 ~ 𝚒𝚝/𝚒𝚝𝚜 Image
avid rat collector
i love my boyfriend!
ImageImage
th | pfp | x
sillymillipede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magpies » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:34 pm

mark for later

➸ Silly little bird gremlin
➸ She/Her
➸ I collect pretty animals + bird things
Toyhouse

Magpies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:59 am

Username - Account ID: NaCl 708871
Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: I am an Off-Oekaki artist for the species covered under the Storkverse! (mainly Storkatten)
Position applying for: Sqim Maker
Tell me about your designs:
Standards: I wanted to make it look like little flowers were growing off the back of this Sqim, maybe living around a swamp with a lot of water that would mean plants would have opportunities to grow on them like snapping turtles! for the purple one, I went with more classic lizard patterns, defining some scales and working with one colour in varying shades.
Strange: What can I say? I like sharks, and thought the laying down lineart would be perfect for a little mer-sqim. Theyre not based off of a specific shark. With the winged one, I also just like drawing wings! I find them fun to work with and wanted to go for a more "angelic" vibe with this Sqim.
Example Sqims:
Standards wrote:Image Image

Strange wrote:Image Image
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
My pronouns are She/They/Snow
I am currently a staff member for Storkies
feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stivkie » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:35 am

Marking to remind me 😎

hhHeyo, I am Stivkie, I do cool things (maybe)!
hhHe/Him preferred (But any work!)
hhImage Image
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Stivkie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HABZ » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:50 pm

Username - Account ID: HABZ +1053327
Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: not yet!
Position applying for: artist :3
Example Sqims:

this guy was made just to play around with textures and colors! i wanted to go for a halloween theme with a bit of a demon influence, hence the weird little horns. i think i got the intended spooky vibes across! the colours were a little far out of my comfort zone, but i think they turned out okay.

this guy's a dragon too, but a little more in my comfort-zone in terms of colors!! i love how they turned out and wanted to give them a distinguishable character design, which i think i succeeded in. they are also based off a dragon.

and this fella is just silly!!! i wanted to make a character on these lines that i could actually see having an obviously silly personality, so i came up with this guy to have a very thoughtless expression

this guys a little simplistic!! i love their neutral colours, and they were mostly just a test to see if i could do realistic colors on these lines and make them work! i like how they turned out.

they're a little fiery and blue newt! again, i was just testing out what funky patterns i could do, and i really like how their back colors turned out. they look pretty volcanic to me, and i like that :3
HABZ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violetglare » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:24 am

Username - Account ID: Violetglare (1033240)
Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: I am an item artist for Scalie Hounds, and I run Kibbies & Kibbins/am the only artist for them.
Position applying for: Squim Maker/Breeding Helper (I only wish for one of the 2 positions, but I can work with either!)
Tell me about your designs: For my strange squim I made one which was inspired by the idea of narwhals being the "unicorn of the sea", and the other one I designed as a sea monster theme! For my standards I was playing around with different patterns that were sort of monochrome, and somehow got to the pink snake that looks like its been eating jam, and the other one looking like a purple rock XD
Example Sqims:
Strange Squim wrote:Image Image

Standard Squim wrote:Image Image
Violetglare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me