Signature Criticism! [v.1]

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Re: Signature Criticism! [v.1]

Postby The Ghost Of You » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:20 am

ooh! i love the clever usage of the incorporating the bi colours into your sig with the paws! the only thing i'd personally change is to make the entire sig centered rather than having it be left aligned. other than that, i think it's pretty neat!
-𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔
carrd - last.fm - tumblr
𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐅 𝐈'𝐌───────✦✦✦-
-─────────
The name's Kai!
∙ he/they ∙ adult ∙
I love ben 10, mlp,
one punch man and
all of the spiderman
animated shows! c:
bring me the horizon, mcr,
make them suffer, slipknot,
limp bizkit & black veil brides
𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐔𝐓
𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐎───❥❥❥
The Ghost Of You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby glitter » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:26 am

ooooo this might be my fav sig of urs so far. i like how u only used one main gif so its not overwhelming and the background pics are also super subtle.
maybe the font color of the quote can be something not black. try using an image color picker website and find colors from ur images. and make the black bio text a dark maroon? (theres very little true black in ur images)
[𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫]
════════════
(¯`· she/her
..`·. x est ·´¯)
entp 5w4 .·´
════════════
.Image
Image Image

════════════════════════
old user is royale | pms welcome.
uni student majoring in stats and
ecology/evolution [ ♡ ] trade me!
Image Image
░░ ░░░░░
collections
dwrf hamsters
owls,‎ squid, bats
pps bws, '19 fae,
‎'11 faire, bettas !
my sig shop
════════════

glitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby off the hook » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:56 am

i really like this signature! the fact that even the pet ties into it is a really nice touch and shows how much it's been planned out. i also like how the gifs don't have a ton of motion, so even though there's a more than i'd usually like, it's not at all overwhelming. it also works with the different themes of each image, as the colors are all unified! the way the floral gif is split up and has rounded parts on the far left and right also adds a level of visual intrigue to the gif. overall, well done on the aesthetics and presentation!

though there are two major areas that i see that i can critique on:
    1. the text decoration in your little blurb is cute, but it all feels off-balanced to me. i think if you had the following instead, it'd look better visually:
    (¯`· she • est
    .`·. xxxxxx ·´¯)
    entp • 5w4 .·´

this, at least imo, would balance out the information so you have info that's to the right and info that's to the left, with the dots as separation. you can even do it where you have she/her separated into she • her if you wanted to keep the timezone in the middle.

2. this signature isn't the most compatible with all cs themes. i know trying to cover each theme is hard, but as a csdark mode user, the bunny gif is pretty difficult to see. furthermore, the dark blues especially in the rightmost border/gif image don't have a high contrast with the background of the theme, leading it harder to make out. i don't think it's necessary to address this if you don't want to, but if you'd want to give it a shot, i'd try to replace the bunny with a different image (possibly one that isn't meant to be just lineart) and lighten the images by a smidge. though this may change the entire vibe of what you're going for, and lose the harmony with the pet, so it's ultimately up to you if you decide to do this.

"don't get cooked..."
    くコ:彡—————————

hey hey, call me ksusha!
    i'm a computer animator
    and professional when it
    comes to procrastinating

—————————C:。ミ
    "...stay off the hook!"
off the hook

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KrillTakoyaki » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:29 pm

I think your signature is lovely! The colours go so well together, the green itself works great with the default theme for CS :) My only comment, if any, is that it looks a little bit squished into the corner for me? But I know that more compact and minimalist signatures have their fans, and it does look great!
xImage
┌───────┐

🪻Charlie 🪻

🪻They 🪻

🪻Adult 🪻

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

└───────┘

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘻𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦.
𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘧𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘧𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵.
𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥: 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩.
𝘈𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘸.

ImageImageImageImageImage

┌───────┐

└───────┘
xImage
KrillTakoyaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jarex » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:50 am

I love the colour palette and cute pictures; the purple flowers seem a bit out of place though and the running GIF is a bit flashy and distracting
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jarex - He/They - Dec 18 - INTP
I struggle with social skills, sorry

I also play: FP, FR, PCE

Puffin GIFs from BBC and NatGeo

Image Image
Jarex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Ghost Of You » Fri May 03, 2024 2:49 pm

honestly looks pretty neat! the images are aligned nicely. all i can really criticise is that the text doesn't really have any colour to it, other than that it looks pretty neat!
-𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔
carrd - last.fm - tumblr
𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐅 𝐈'𝐌───────✦✦✦-
-─────────
The name's Kai!
∙ he/they ∙ adult ∙
I love ben 10, mlp,
one punch man and
all of the spiderman
animated shows! c:
𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐔𝐓
𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐎───❥❥❥
The Ghost Of You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Ghost Of You » Thu May 09, 2024 4:10 pm

bumping cause the thread sorta died again lol
-𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔
carrd - last.fm - tumblr
𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐅 𝐈'𝐌───────✦✦✦-
-─────────
The name's Kai!
∙ he/they ∙ adult ∙
I love ben 10, mlp,
one punch man and
all of the spiderman
animated shows! c:
𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐔𝐓
𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐎───❥❥❥
The Ghost Of You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frogstomp » Sun May 12, 2024 11:22 am

the signature is very cool ! but it is very large as i had to go to your profile to see the full thing
she/him 💥 i love grunge/post grunge

☆ discord - frogst0mp

i collect cds and like thrifitng!!!¡¡¡ feel free to pm me whenever 💯💯‼️‼️‼️💥💥( even ur clickable thingies i like clickin those)

frogstomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby off the hook » Sun May 12, 2024 4:13 pm

gonna do two in one as there's something i wanted to touch upon with @the ghost of you's signature. don't mind the meaty post, i overexplain everything i think lol.

-

@the ghost of you;
    main thing is this signature isn't aligned on my end. as @frogstomp addressed, it may be because it's just too wide. while it may look fine on your monitor, signatures that are super wide are actually always broken on my end (despite having a laptop with a 15" screen lol), so it could also be due to browser (i use firefox). while you don't need to test your signature on every browser, and i wouldn't encourage such, you should keep in mind that thinner signatures tend to work across multiple clients and screen dimensions. it's also a bit strange to me how both text blocks are a continuation of one another rather than two separate ideas; with them being visually separated, i read the second one thinking it was its own idea/topic. you don't need to change this as this is more of a personal nitpick ngl, but it did strike me as off.

other than that, i love the theming. it's very consistent, the parts you want to stand out do (e.g. your name and links being red), and it isn't overwhelming to look at despite how many images there are. the images you chose outside of the screenshots also work really well, which i'm pleasantly surprised by.

tldr: be mindful that wide signatures aren't accessible across every client/screen size, thus your signature appears broken to many users (such as myself).

-

@frogstomp;
    due to your signature's simplicity, it's hard to critique but i'll do what i can. please note that this is going to be entirely subjective as it's what i like in a signature, or find appealing/eye-catching.

firstly, your image is broken. i don't know if this is a browser-specific issue, as i've run into a few signatures with broken images, but that's something you want to fix. i went and inspected it and found the link to it, and it's appearing as "this image doesn't exist". if you're looking for a better image-hosting site than something like chickensmoothie, i'd suggest filegarden. that's what i use to host my images for my signatures (as well as other things) and it works really well. i can't fully critique this signature without a major portion of it, but if i had to pick one thing to take away from my giant block of text... fix the broken link!

and lastly, this signature doesn't really offer much as it's just text. there's no formatting aside from the large emphasis on the word "love". while that's fine and shows off some personality, if you're looking to improve it, i'd try formatting it in some way. use color to make your pronouns stand out, align the text in the center, give it a "boxy" look by making each line equal, etc.. those are all ways you can visually improve the text element (at least imo). you can keep the emojis if you want as i think they're quite funny, and you can use them for emphasis like you are. only other thing is that your text is TINY. and this is coming from a chronic size=85/size=90 user. this would normally work fine if the text wasn't so spaced out and the only thing i could see in your signature.

tldr: fix your broken image link and format the text to be easier to read.

-

no need for the person below to go crazy with critiquing my signature. if you only have one or two things to say, i'd rather you keep it short and sweet as opposed to looking for tons to nitpick. i only went crazy here because both signatures i've touched upon share the same general idea of being broken on my end (and most likely other users').

"don't get cooked..."
    くコ:彡—————————

hey hey, call me ksusha!
    i'm a computer animator
    and professional when it
    comes to procrastinating

—————————C:。ミ
    "...stay off the hook!"
off the hook

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyouka » Mon May 13, 2024 7:20 am

a very simple signature that follows a color scheme, and a pleasing one at that with the pink and yellow. it is straight the point, listing some info about yourself with a listography link for those who want to know a bit more. the dancey gif adds more visual appeal to your overall sig, giving it some life and an eye-catching feature!

kyou | she/her
art student & creative with
too many things to do.

free pets 】【 listo 】【 x
Sig: Ishtar | Avatar: Noblesse

Kyouka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups