Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Snowflakette » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:48 am

Username: Snowflakette
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I'm also fluent in Mandarin, and I can type in both Simplified and Traditional (Taiwanese) Chinese.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I've helped a few new users by sending them some small gifts, I've actually just gifted a new user a pet that they asked for a roleplay! Besides that, I don't think I've done any significant help on forums, which is why I'm signing up here in hopes of helping more.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Oh boy! Alright, I've been an active user since late 2014. Although I've taken a break during 2016-17, I came back on here a few weeks ago and I'm still very familiar with everything around! I know my way around forums so I can hopefully help my newbie avoid making mistakes like posting something in the wrong forum or bumping way too often. I've made some embarrassing mistakes when I first joined, and I wished I had someone to tell me what I should've done instead! I'd also like to help my newbie with basic trading. From personal experience, I've been scammed a couple of times, like when someone was trying to trade a couple commons for an event rare that I had. Luckily I caught on and declined them, but some unfortunate newbies would've unknowingly traded away their rare. Also! People I've met here say that I come off as friendly, and that I'm an easy person to talk to. I'd love to help out and give back to the community instead of watching others from the shadows. I'm much more mature after the 2 year break, so I feel like I'm ready to assist someone in the beginning of their time here.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Now that I'm active again, I'm online daily. I'm more active in the afternoon (at least 2-3 hours), but I still check in the morning, which would be enough to write up an informative message for my newbie if they need help. <3
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Absolutely!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: You have my word.
Snowflakette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:43 pm

Small update - our new thread mods have been chosen! axelandria and Burrito Bunny will be helping out on the thread from now on, so please treat them as you would me <3 Congrats guys!

Thanks also to all the rest of you who applied - you all made it so hard to choose, but there were very limited spaces so competition was tough. I really appreciate you guys volunteering to help!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xHello. Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigDixon » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:01 pm

Username:BigDixon
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:(I'm fluent in English!!!)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:I was trying to find an interesting virtual pet website, and it seems like I've found one!!!
What do you like best so far?: I'm not sure... The art is very nice!! And everyone seems rather nice so far!!!
Any questions?: A.... lot.. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do or- really much of anything? I'm just one of those people who need their hand held through introductions to things or I won't understand anything. hsodgysiuhdgiushjk
BigDixon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The~Emo~Beebo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:18 am

Username: The~Emo~Beebo
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is my first language
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My friend told me about it ages ago so I finally decided to give it a go
What do you like best so far?: I love all the designs for the pets!! Also I love the built in place to draw, I'm not very good but hopefully with practice I can get better!!!
Any questions?: I don't have any right now, but I keep getting confused about stuff. Like rarities, why animals are better or worse, if any species are better. Why some pets cost money, is there a way to earn C$ in game or only buy them?

Sorry for so many questions, I hope someone will be able to help me. Sorry if I'm annoying.

Thank you so so much
Hi! New here, I'm a lil shy.
I love Supernatural and Doctor Who and Harry Potter.
Please help me out, I'm very confused about this game!
The~Emo~Beebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:01 am

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> AquilaFuga - axelandria - Burrito Bunny

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby voyboy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Username: Voyboy
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Years ago while playing other pet games
What do you like best so far?: All the variation of pets!
Any questions?: Well, I used to get on occasionally and adopt random pets, but honestly had no idea what I was doing. I still don't. I think it'd be fun to actually play and know what I'm doing! Would also love to meet new friends!
voyboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HoneyLavender࿐ » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:42 pm

Username: Ana the Derp
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Swedish, Finnish, Italian, French, German, Spanish
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have but they aren't very important and I don't think it can be clasified as helping. I do help on the FTT and the how much is this pet/item worth threads
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Well, it isn't a right, it's a privilege to be asked to help someone who needs it, and to see them be happy and have fun.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on every day and I am on from 3-10 hours a day
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes, I do.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I do.
Last edited by HoneyLavender࿐ on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

████████ Image

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Non-Binary - They/Them - Europe
Kalons - BM's - 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙#5098 - ©
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HoneyLavender࿐

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby N64 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:44 pm

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Norwigen, French and Russian ( Norwegian is my main Language but i can speak english okish XD i can understand most things)
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have helped a lot with where things are and the rarity of pets! I Cant find the posts though :3
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Oh god when i started (2-3 years back) i needed help and didn't know the rules of the site thats why i was banned but i was allowed to make a new account (this one) and i was helped by a lot of people <3 i want to return the favour!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: All the time XD
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yep!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes of corse!
────────────────────────────────i [ THERE IS NO WARNING
┌───────────┐
jesse x any pronouns
satanist ♡ xx''' taurus
└───────────┘
──── [ WILL
[ art shop ]
────
███ █
███ █
███ █
███ █
███ █
███ █

────
YOU'''STONE
Image ─────
───── Image
i'm'''actually more of a luis fan
opps.. ' i love single player hor
ror, esp outlast and re. also'' a
massive''' punk-rock ''''enjoyer

iiiii

N64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby borneofash » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Username: FghtInUs
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Just English (:
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Here or there, if anyone has questions I try to respond to the best of my ability. I don't have any specific examples, but I have done so in the past.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I believe that I can be helpful and leave a good impression on a newbie so that they will want to continue to interact with the community.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I'm on quite frequently, I pop on for a few minutes at a time about every two hours or so. If someone is messaging me, I'll be on for longer so that they don't have to wait for my reply.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Definitely!!
Alright, we can go all night
'Cause we got a whole lot of f i g h t i n u s
And I see a long road that we gotta follow
Before tomorrow catches up

Lights: ON
borneofash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainingBirds » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:34 pm

Username: RainingBirds
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: Fluent in English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Made an account years ago and decided to get back into it after getting into Flight Rising
What do you like best so far?: Definitely how many variations there are for colour/patter within the same lineart!!
Any questions?: What would you recommend to stay interested/involved with the site? Also, I have a lot of questions concerning the pet collection aspect beside just adopting!!
RainingBirds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me