Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Peaceclan || Explore #5

Postby coffee.berry » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:12 pm

PeaceClan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

"A badger?" Crowpaw almost lost his breath. "B-but badgers are... S-so evil!"

"Don't worry, sport! Badger's may be fierce, but they don't want to eat you." Oakspeck laughed.

"Yes, for once, Oakspeck is right. Badgers are easy, and their fur is used to keep kits warm in Leafbare." Saltwater said.

"Okay. Anything for the kits!" Crowpaw smiled.

"Sooo, that's a yes?" Ghostfeather asked. Crowpaw, Oakspeck and Saltwater nodded.

"Please, Twinklepaws; let me and the others go home to Mosspaw safely!" Crowpaw thought in his mind. Mosspaw was his crush, who he loved ever since she and her sister, Ashpaw (his best friend) came into the apprentice den.

[center][ 107 words ]

--cats on patrol
Saltwater | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: Not sick
Ghostfeather | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: Not sick
Oakspeck | HP 95% | HUP 10% | Sick: Not sick
Crowpaw | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: Not sick
--level 1
experience: 11XP
--inventory

Scraps | 1 FP
Vole | 2 FP
Squirrel | 3 FP
Rabbit | 4 FP
Scraps | 1 FP
Vole | 2 FP

x1 Mallow leaves
x1 Catchweed
x1 Lungwort
x1 Goatweed
x1 Burdock Root
--items in inventory used
Any items used this post (or eaten)
Rabbit! 1 FP for all cats <3
-- active quests:
None :( But I had a lot of fun reading about my cat’s last quest!

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
Scraps | 1FP
Vole | 2FP
Mouse | 2FP
Squirrel | 3FP
Rabbit | 4FP
Crow | 4FP
new predators:
Foxes, badgers, snakes, coyotes
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? Nope![/center]
Last edited by coffee.berry on Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ronan's vow : explore 001

Postby jazz. » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:29 pm

xxx
| ʟᴀsᴛ ᴇxᴘʟᴏʀᴇ ᴘᴏsᴛ |
| ʟᴀsᴛ ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴsᴇ ʀᴇᴄᴇɪᴠᴇᴅ |

xxx
xxx
xxx
ex Un-" The Comes was cut off by a sharp glance from his red companion. It's unnerving how his blind eyes can still find mine to scold me, Steady Rhythm couldn't help but think, but it's almost worse now just walking in silence! He couldn't stand the awkwardness for long. "I'm sorry, did I do anything wrong?" Rhythm sneakily peeked (Rhythm swore the ruler had a sixth sense that activated when cats were staring) at Pillar to find him hiding a slight smile.
"Only by trying to say my entire name," The red tabby complained but let Rhythm knew it was nothing serious with a friendly flick of his tail, "Out here, out exploring," Pillar paused to take in a deep breath as air was crisp and clean, "it's fine to just stick with Pillar. No need for any formal nonsense; it's just us and our wits!"
"Alright," Rhythm nodded and it took a minute for his own mouth to sputter out the name, "P-Pillar." Rhythm felt his fur grow warm as Pillar openly laughed at his stammering. "Hey!" He protested, "it's going to take me a while to get used to calling you Pi...that!"
Pillar shrugged as he regained his composure, "If you need to get my attention in an emergency, simply yelling Pillar is hell of a lot easier than spouting off Rex Unwavering Pillar, is it not?"
"I suppose so," Rhythm did admit he had a very good point, "then you can call me Rhythm."
Pillar's pace slowed just a bit. When Rhythm looked his way once more, he had a thoughtful expression on his face. "That won't do," He said with a sly grin, "how about Rye?"
"Rye'll work," Rhythm said. He was insanely thankful that Pillar was blind as flustered as he felt. After all, he felt like it wasn't everyday that the Rex himself gave out nicknames willy-nilly (though Rhythm would eventually find out that wasn't true).
•••

ʀhythm walked side by side with Pillar serving as a guide for unexpected forest litter. He could easily navigate the cliffside camp as well as the surrounding woods but the unpredictable storms left branches and debris scattered in their path that Pillar couldn't know was there. The Rex didn't let that dissuade him as he nimbly leapt from fallen log to uneven gravel with ease. If this expedition turned into a test of endurance and stamina, Rhythm was quickly becoming aware that he would have to tap out first. After scaling a particularly steep incline with loose mud, Rhythm was panting hard. By now a dense drizzle had started and the cloudy sky darkened, showing that the storm was here to stay. Rhythm shook raindrops off his longhaired coat and his expression became colder than his usual carefree one. Sensing Pillar's pace slowed to accommodate him, he took this as an opportunity for a more relaxing conversation. "You're younger than me, correct?"
"By about eight moons," Pillar answered, "technically."
"Technically?"
Pillar chuckled, "Time is fickle. How long have I been 19 moons? Only the Ancient Powers would know for certain."
Rhythm stopped in his tracks. "How old are you exactly?"
Pillar gestured him to keep up with his tail. "It seems like I've said too much. Unfortunately, that's all I can say about that matter with you at the moment." He flashed a grin to reassure Rhythm he hadn't said anything wrong. "If you want to know more, you'd have to study under Vibrant Goldenrod and graduate as the Prorex."
Rhythm tutted understandably, but now he was extremely curious. He tilted his head as he regarded the red tabby that was walking next to him. This cat certainly didn't look many, many moons old; Pillar still had the agility and springiness of a young cat with no hints of graying fur on his muzzle. But Rhythm also observed a certain calmness and maturity that only a cat who has been around for a long time could carry, how Pillar's steps never faltered and quickly adjusted based on Rhythm's slight bumps and warnings, confident decision making that Pillar stood by and took full responsibility of the consequences. "The Ancient Powers don't want some commoner like me knowing all the fancy, royal secrets?"
This time Pillar let out a full belly laugh (which made Rhythm very proud of himself). "Something like that."
xxx
[ 724 words ]

¤━━━¤°¤━━━¤°¤━ ᴄᴀᴛs ᴏɴ ᴘᴀᴛʀᴏʟ ━¤°¤━━━¤
°¤━ ʟᴇᴠᴇʟ 𝟶 ━¤°
    experience: 0

xxx
xxx
°¤━ ɪɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ ━¤°
    frog | 1 FP | x0
    seagull | 2 FP | x0
    puffin | 2 FP | x0
    otter | 3 FP | x0
    eagle | 3 FP | x0
    seal | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
    herb | usage | x0
    herb | usage | x0
°¤━━━¤°¤━ ɪᴛᴇᴍs ɪɴ ɪɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ ᴜsᴇᴅ ━¤°
    1/3 fasting explore posts

xxx°¤━ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ǫᴜᴇsᴛs ━¤°
    • n/a
°¤━ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʀɪsᴋ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ! ━¤°
Last edited by jazz. on Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
jazz.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[013.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:56 am

CLAN OF FALLING SAPPHIRE WATERS !
    The soft trickle of the stream was a gentle lullaby, soothing her nerves.

Flutterfern lifted her head, padding over to the stream’s edge. The stream rippled, rolling and tumbling over slick stones, as it journeyed downstream, weaving a path through the forest. She traced the waters as they flowed, tracing their gentle dance as they skipped through rocks and wove around floating leaves.

A flash of movement caught her eye.

Her brows furrowed. A dark fin wobbled around, tail smacking against rocks. A fish. It was wedged in between two rocks, likely caught during its travels downstream.

Carefully, she hopped onto the rocks, maneuvering closer. The dark tail tips and the lighter tawny sheen of its scales was… familiar. Bass fish. Common in these regions and… a good meal. Tugging a quick breath in, she struck, bringing a swift paw down on its head. The fish stilled.

She reached down, clamping her jaws around the slippery creature. (+3FP bass)

Water sloshed, lapping at her paws as she travelled across the rocks. Her paw caught, fur snagging on something. She forged on forwards, wincing as an audible crack slithered over the rush of the stream. Her gaze darted over her shoulder.

The culprit rested nearby, bobbing on the surface of the water. A long, slender stick. Could it be useful? (+1 stick)

Fishing the stick out of the stream, she made her way over the rocks. A soft sigh eased from her jaws as her paws hit dry ground. Solid ground.

Her gaze settled on a small, light-furred carcass on the ground. Its long tail snaked across the ground, laying limp. (+1FP small rodent)

"Hello, lass!"

A tall, cinnamon cat emerged from the bushes, their fur littered with leaves.

Her shoulders tensed, chin lifted. Guarded. Who were they? Why were they here?

They offered a friendly dip of their head. "The name's Fennel." They cleared their throat, offering a sheepish, lop-sided grin. "I was wondering if you'd be willing to help me out. You see… I've been having terrible luck with hunting today. Absolutely terrible. The Stars must be against me or something."

Fennel's head tilted. "Do you think you could help me out? I'm looking for a bite to eat. I'll be sure to make it worth your time."

Fennel (an explore npc) has appeared! They are looking for something to eat and require 1FP worth of food, promising something in exchange. Does Flutterfern help them out or turn them down?

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (two free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ flutterfern (0% hunger)

xx+30XP → level 0 (30/100XP)
    xx+3FP bass, +1FP small rodent
    xx+1 stick

notes; hello, everything looks great! flutterfern is such a sweetheart, ahh. just make sure to fill in the predator box (currently you just have predator #1 listed there) with your chosen predators in your next post! <33

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

ROSECLAN !
    user + clan link: cinxer + clan archive
    responding to: cinxer's last post
    xp stats: [opted-in for death rolls!]
    xx+140XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent
    xx+18XP for prey collected, +2XP for item found
    Stars, his legs never seemed to work right.

But right now? They were.

A wide grin split Bubblepaw’s muzzle, enough to light up the skies. He was flying, gliding, across the meadow glass, his paws moving in tandem to an unheard rhythm. The wind whipped at his pelt, ruffling it, and sending it into loose knots and tangles. But it didn’t matter.

His target, a russet-furred, chitting creature, was right in-front of him. He had this one.

The squirrel darted across the field, scrambling from a chocolate torbie, who moved as if she was the wind herself. Poppystar herded the squirrel forward, blocking off its escape routes.

His move, now.

He lunged forward, aiming for the squirrel’s scruff. Soft fur skimmed his teeth, before the creature veered sharply to the left. Wait, no. He twisted his neck around, reaching━

His paw slid from under him. A soft hiss escaped his jaws as the world swarmed up to meet him, his body jolting as he landed hard onto the prickly grass. His tail lashed through the air as he scrambled to his paws. The grass shuddered with the light breeze as if barely concealing its laughter.

He shook his head. How had he missed that? It was so close; he nearly had it.

“You alright?” Poppystar loped up beside him, gently tapping a tail to his flank. The squirrel hung limply in her jaws. (+3FP squirrel)

He nodded, scraping a claw along the grass. “Yeah. I just…”

A soft smile touched her muzzle as she pressed a cool nose to his shoulder. “It was a good try.” Poppystar set the squirrel near her paws. “You’ll catch one of your own soon. I'm sure of it.”

“Yeah.” Bubblepaw offered a small nod. Perhaps. He combed his claws through the grass again, eyes glued to the green turfs. His claws struck something. Something hard. Carefully, he unearthed the object. A rock? No, a crystalized rose. A silvery glow poured from the intricately arranged petals, spiralling around. (+1 shooting star ━ autopasses one rare edit or under in a breeding!)

Woah! What is that?”

A small dark blur collided into his side. Mudpaw. He dug his claws in to maintain his balance, directing a quick glare at the other apprentice.

"Sorry," Mudpaw mumbled. The apprentice's eyes widened as she tentatively poked the object, head cocked.

The rustle of grass signalled that the rest of the patrol had arrived. Their catches hung snugly in their jaws, distinctive bushy, russet tails spinning with the breeze. (+3FP squirrel, +3FP squirrel)

"Mudpaw." Shadowpelt neared, closing the distance with his apprentice. His dark fur gleamed in the sunlight. "Did you..."

"Oh!" Mudpaw's ears pricked as she scrambled to her paws. Her gaze slowly flitted to Poppystar. "Right. Uh… we spotted a group of rogues crossing the border! There was two… no, three of them."

A group of rogues have been spotted, trespassing on Roseclan's border!
    Does the patrol confront the trio of rogues or choose to ignore them?

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ bubblepaw (10% hunger), poppystar (10% hunger), robinskip (10% hunger)
    xxxxcinderfleck (10% hunger), mudpaw (10% hunger), shadowpelt (10% hunger)

xx+180XP → level 2 (390/300XP) → level 3 (90/400XP)
    xx+3FP squirrel, +3FP squirrel, +3FP squirrel
    xx+1 shooting star (autopass one rare or under edit!)

congrats! you've reached level three and received an additional +2FP (your choice), +1 herb (your choice!) and +1 nr myo!

notes; hello! unfortunately, i can't create the scenario you were asking for! there's a really small chance of death rolls in explore and it also can't quite be tailored to fit the specific situation you're requesting. however, you are free to do anything you'd like in your explore posts (including the drama you were planning with poppystar) as long as it follows cs rules! you don't need a writer to have a cat declared 'dead' in your lore ─ you can absolutely do that on your own! ^^

please also make sure to list your patrol cats as 'not sick' in your post! if you have any questions, feel free to pm me here or on discord! <33

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby ivyy. » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:06 am

≋O≋c≋e≋a≋n≋ ≋C≋l≋a≋n
Brokenscar smiled proudly at his adopted daughter and apprentice before his proud gaze drifted to everyone else. My family used to be like this. Someone murmured in his head, ruining his mood once more. Brokenscar cleared his throat and trudged back home with everyone else as the sunset, ready to swap places with someone else already. "Squirrelpaw," He began as they nearly arrived back to camp, "I'm a bit tired, are you up for one more patrol with some different cats? I was thinking to ask Tansystar if you could go with Peachcrown? There's so much you could learn from-" Squirrelpaw stopped and squealed excitedly, "YES!" Brokenscar kept walking but he looked slightly alarmed, "Er, sorry." Squirrelpaw bounded back over to him to catch up. "I can't wait, though! I love Peachcrown!" She purred, her walk turning to happy prance.

Brokenscar was glad to see his apprentice so happy, it made him feel better about his past even though it never truly made the feeling go away. An hour or so later they had eaten and obtained full bellies, already drifting to sleep. But he didn't eat. He could barely swallow the poppy seeds Goldenleaf was so sweet to give him. "Thanks." He had told her dryly, walking up towards the entrance in the stone tunnel to the warriors' den and curling up promptly, waiting for morning to hit.

Squirrelpaw jolted awake imidiently, excited for her patrol with her best friend. Waterquiver quickly set up the patrol. Peachcrown and Squirrelpaw since everyone else needed a mostly free day helping out around camp. Peachcrown met Squirrelpaw by the entrance of camp and the jutting rock Tansystar announced things on, "Ready to go?" Peachcrown mewed questioningly to her, smiling the soft smile she'd always wear despite all her protruding thoughts. "Race ya!" Squirrelpaw giggled and darted away, just barely fast enough to put about a leg length of distance between the two of them, to make sure she still had her patrol leader nearby just in case she needed her quickly.
[ 340 words ]

--cats on patrol
Peachcrown | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
[url]Name[/url] | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
[url]Name[/url] | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Squirrelpaw | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
--level 4
experience: 356/500

--inventory
Herbs and Prey all updated and found here!
-- items being used
1x Vole (2 FP), 1x Squirrel (3 FP), and 1x Bird (4 FP) for the last patrol group to have full bellies, all except for Brokenscar as he didn't have an apatite.
-- active quests:
[url=url link]quest #1[/url]
Last edited by ivyy. on Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

explore replies!! [greenleaf]

Postby sunny-skies » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:43 pm

MutatedCry wrote:Clan of Eternal Sun

the stranger's sharp gaze followed coyotesun as he approached, her tail flicking lazily behind her. "hello," he tried to keep his voice calm and hoped that she wouldn't pick up the uneasiness that it carried, "I couldn't help but notice that you're standing awfully close to my territory. I wasn't sure if you had planned on trespassing, and I'd really prefer if you stayed near the outskirts, if you could", he gestured toward the vast stretch of land that lay behind him. the molly only stared at him, a small smirk slowly spreading across her face as he spoke.

"your territory?" the rogue scoffed as she gave her head a small shake, "I'll go where I please. it's my right. if it happens to be on your... territory, then so be it". her tone sounded amused rather than malicious, but the leader felt threatened all the same. though the molly hadn't trespassed on his territory yet, it didn't seem like she had any opposition to doing so. he hadn't expected anything less from a rogue. of course, but the encounter definitely hadn't gone the way coyotesun had hoped. tension loomed over them, and the tom was almost certain that the stranger was preparing to lunge at him. he wasn't keen on fighting at all, and he wasn't how much of a chance he stood against the unpredictable molly.

a few seconds passed by silently before coyotesun took a few steps back and turned to bolt away in the opposite direction. his pads skidded against the dry, cracked ground as he ran, moving as quickly as his paws could carry him. running away had been cowardly, yes, but at least he had saved himself from a very likely fight. he doubted that the molly would follow him further into the safety of his territory, which he was sure he knew much better than she did.

overcome with exhaustion from the day's events, coyotesun began to slow his pace as his gaze swept over the horizon. the area was much easier to recognize, now that he was in a much closer proximity to the shelter, and he felt comforted with the more familiar patch of territory. he couldn't see anything moving across the dusty clearing ahead, though he did spot a couple herbs that poked out from a thin crack in the ground. despite having been placed directly under the sun's rays, they seemed to have been spared from the desert's dry heat. (+1 lovage, +1 watermint)
    as the tom moved to settle down near a wide boulder, he quickly noticed the outline of a pale brown lizard resting on its surface. he froze, his eyes focused on the creature before hooking it between his claws with a quick strike. (+2fp)

+20xp for 220 words written
    +10xp for patrol sent
    +5xp for border skirmish
    +0% hunger (one free post left!)

total :

+39xp | +1 lovage, +1 watermint | +2fp (lizard) | level 0 (66/100)

sprite cranberry wrote:Image

the sweet, familiar fragrance of herbs filled cinderstar's nose as he stepped inside the medicine den, and the tom grinned upon catching sight of aspenleaf. the molly's wounds seemed to be healing up nicely, much to his relief, and were now barely visible under the molly's thick fur. the tom settled down beside her, and the two began to speak softly among themselves as they shared the morning's meal. cinderstar mentioned leaving to check the borders, just in case any more rogues had decided to come by, and hopefully catch some prey along the way. he hadn't planned on bringing her along with him, but the molly had insisted on going.

"I'll be fine, I promise," aspenleaf assured him before he had the chance to object to her request, "besides, I'm running low on herbs. it'd be good to have more on hand, just in case something happens again". the healer did have a point there- the clan's herb storages were dangerously low. they had been lucky enough to have had the herbs aspenleaf had needed to treat her wounds, with what little they had available to them.

the cool morning breeze rustled their fur as they made their way out of camp, their steps quiet as they flanked alongside one another. determined not to let anything escape his attention, cinderstar kept his ears pricked, ready to pick up the slightest sounds of movement within their vicinity. though, aside from the sound of leaves crunching softly under their paws, nothing seemed to stand out to them, and even as they moved deeper into the territory it became clear that they were alone. no rogues. the leader exhaled a sigh of relief and allowed himself to relax as he surveyed the area. it only took a few minutes for his gaze to catch a lone rabbit that stood crouched within a thin gathering of shrubbery. the sparse tangle of leaves and twigs did little to hide it from his sight, and its pale coloring was easily noticeable against the deep green leaves that shrouded it. (+4fp)

despite her best efforts, aspenleaf's paws remained empty. a short huff of frustration escaped her muzzle as she glanced through the trees, her brow furrowed in concentration.
    "no luck?" cinderstar's question was answered by a quick shake of her head. with the great amount of vegetation that flourished throughout birchclan's territory, the absence of herbs in the area had come as a surprise. but the healer's eyes were keen, especially when it came to foraging for herbs, and he was sure that she'd have noticed if any were nearby. at least their time spent away from camp hadn't been completely lost, though. the plump rabbit that hung in his jaws was sure to last for a meal or two, and with only the two of them, there were fortunately few mouths to feed within the clan.

+25xp for 324 words written
    +10xp for patrol sent
    →+10xp for injuries healed
    +10% hunger
    →+0% hunger for aspenleaf

total :

+49xp | +4fp (rabbit) | level 1 (72/200)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:40 pm

Clan of Eternal Sun
Location; Great Basin Desert
───────

The sun's ray burned against Coyotesun's fur, and he finally called it quits, heading back to the Shelter. He had gotten enough food to sustain himself for the time being. There was no more reason to be out, especially now that the sun had crept high into the sky.

Days came and went, the sun spinning overhead in its endless cycle. Stars dancing in an eternal waltz. And eventually, the sun rose again on the Shelter, but it was new and different. No longer was Coyotesun alone, now he was joined by three new companions. And honestly? He really, really wished they would leave.

No such luck.

"C'mon, Coyotesun, you slowpoke—"

He rolled his eyes as Everstumble tripped, managing to right themself before they had completely toppled over.

"Everstumble, please settle down," Honeybreeze snapped, and Coyotesun resisted the urge to sigh. "There's no need to rush and hurt yourself—"

"I know!" They cried out. "You don't have to get mad at me!"

As the two started to bicker, Coyotesun exchanged a look with Obsidianwatcher, actually sighing at the amusement that glittered in the strange cat's eyes. "Alright, please, let's not get distracted—" He said, wondering not for the first time why he didn't just vanish into the night without them "—we have several hours before the sun comes up and cooks us all alive, let's make this time count, alright?"

The other cats— actually, just Everstumble— grumbled, but did as he said.

[ 244 words ]

--cats on patrol
Coyotesun | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Everstumble | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Obsidianwatcher | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Honeybreeze | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 66

--inventory
scraps | 1FP | x1
lizard | 2FP | x1
woodrat | 2FP | x0
desert toad | 3FP | x0
snake | 3FP | 0x
jackrabbit | 4FP | x0

x1 daisy leaf
x1 lovage
x1 watermint
none
-- active quests:
none
-- predators:
coyotes, rattlesnakes, vultures
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[014.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:34 am

NEW MOON COURT !
    user + clan link: myr + clan archive
    responding to: myr's last post
    xx+80XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent, +5XP for border skirmish
    xx+24XP for prey collected, +4XP for herbs found
    The towering trees thinned and sunlight dappled from the skies above, warming the small of Greyscar's back. His shoulders eased, tension dissipating, as he ambled onwards, soaking in the warmth of the morning. The swish of water lapping at the riverside signalled they were close.

He eyed the dark-furred tom, barely suppressing another eye roll. The Claw was remarkably easy to rile up… almost as if he had burrs caught in that thick, shaggy coat of his. Rolling his shoulders, he directed his gaze ahead.

And behold, the bridge… filled with invisible Village Cats.

Greyscar snorted. “Some friendly cats, eh?”

He tossed a glance at the Claw, before padding over to the wooden bridge. Splinters poked out from the wood and paint peeled off in layers. His nose wrinkled as he tested the bridge and stepped onto it. Still no sign of those Village Cats, just their faint scent. Perhaps they’d left, cowed by the racket of… a certain dispute.

Leafstrike strode up beside him, brows pinching. “Maybe they left?”

“We should wait.” Rainfall flanked the rails of the bridge, his side brushing against Leafstrike’s. “They were─”

Duck!”

Motion exploded as a pale figure shot forward, herding a dark bird onto the bridge. The duck screeched, wings flapping furiously, before jaws hooked around its neck. Lightfur panted, sides heaving as she held the bird in her jaws. Her eyes shone. (+4FP duck)

Greyscar touched a tail to her flank, gentle and subtle, before offering a brisk nod towards the others. “Look. I spotted some herbs nearby.” He tilted his head, directing a look towards Rainfall. “...and while our fearsome Claw decides on a course of action to make our invisible friends reappear, I’ll go collect them.”

He didn’t wait for an answer.

Pale gold flowers flitted into view, nestled at the base of a large jagged rock. Soft, fuzzy leaves surrounded the flowers, gently poking out from the dirt. Bracing his paws along the ground, Greyscar tugged a few of the herbs out. (+1 tormentil, +1 lamb’s ear)

He set the herbs down with a soft hrmph, gaze searching.

Were they still looking for those Village Cats?

Tossing his head with a huff, he paced, rounding the large rock. Two birds lay in a small heap, neatly piled on top of each other. Another scent lingered, intertwined with the rest. (+2FP small bird, +2FP small bird)

He froze. The scent of━

The shadows struck.

His head slammed against the jagged rock, pitching him towards the ground. Blindsided. The world spun, colors blurring into an endless sea. His claws closed around the grass. It was stained crimson. (-15% health for greyscar ━ he needs one herb to stop the bleeding and to return to patrol!)

The scent of Village Cats invaded his nostrils. Faint… almost like they’d been swimming.
    Of course. How else had they disguised their scent and crossed over?

“What did you do? Did you━”

A reedy voice rose. “He was taking our prey. You saw that patrol. They were… volatile. We couldn’t risk leaving it behind ━ we hunted that. I’m sure he’s━” The tom swore, mumbling curses under his breath.

“Just leave the prey, Twitch.” The she-cat’s whiskers trembled as she shook water from her pelt. “We should leave. Now.”

Rascals," Greyscar spat. He grunted, attempting to scramble to his paws. Curse his blurring vision. "You wait━”

The pair had disappeared. If he ever got his claws on them━

“Greyscar?”

Lightfur. Leaves rustled, twigs snapping as pawsteps neared, sweeping through the foliage. Grinding his teeth, he sunk his claws into the dirt for balance, holding his head as high as he could manage.

The patrol had arrived, and with a catch of their own. (+4FP rabbit)

“About time,” he muttered.

Greyscar has been injured! He needs one herb to prevent him from losing any more health and to return to patrol!

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (one free post left!)
    xxxx↳ leafstrike (0% hunger), rainfall (0% hunger), lightfur (0% hunger), greyscar (0% hunger)
    xx-15% health for greyscar
    xxxx↳ greyscar (83% health)

xx+133XP → level 1 (147/200XP)
    xx+4FP rabbit, +4FP duck, +2FP small bird, +2FP small bird
    xx+1 tormentil, +1 lamb's ear

notes; n/a! <3

FROSTCLAN !
    user + clan link: nindroidzane + clan archive
    responding to: nindroidzane's last post
    xp stats: [opted-out for death rolls!]
    xx+15XP for writing, + 10XP for patrol sent
    xx+4XP for prey collected, +4XP for herbs found, +1XP for item found
    Snowflakes descended from above, landing as soft pinpricks across her face.

Breezewhisper lifted her nose to the skies, a smile easing from her jaws. She braced herself as another gust of wind whipped through the trees, howling a somber song. Frost swished from the branches, swept clean by the winds, gently dusting her fur.

The tundra was beautiful. The haunting melody of the winds, the muted caw of gulls in the skies and the light spray of snow from above… it was perfect. Cold, yes. Dangerous, perhaps. But she wouldn't trade it for the world.

Maybe for some warm, soft bedding. Maybe.

A gasp eased from her jaws as her paws sunk into the snow, pulling her into a layer of mushy frost. It had to be… a burrow of sorts? Movement brushed against her, a squirm of a disturbed creature. Musky scents flooded her nose, tingling her nostrils. Stoat.

She slammed a paw down, claws hooking around the soft-furred creature. (+2FP stoat)

Carefully, she set her quarry aside, laying it against the wet snow. Her paw skimmed against the gnarled roots of a tree. The burrow had to be snug under the tree’s roots, shielded from the elements. Cozy and warm.

The bottom of the burrow was lined with something thin. Thin and crinkly. Leaves? She kicked a few sparse leaves out, a frown creasing her forehead as they stuck to her paws. They were… sticky. A sweet fragrance clung to them, infusing the air with flavor. (+1 honey, +1 tansy, +1 stinging nettle, +1 catchweed)

A melody rose, weaving a gentle lullaby, swelling like the gentle ebb and flow of the tides. Something called, a pull beckoning her closer to the burrow. Inside, two smooth objects sang a duet ━ a song lost over the sea of time. (+1 common myo, +1 star’s gift ━ guarantees two or more kits in a litter)

Her ears pricked, swiveling, as pawsteps skittered across the snow. A quick pitter-patter, swinging just around her. She struck, pivoting on her heel. A small, fluffy bundle stilled, snug within her paws. (+2FP lemming)

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (two free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ breezewhisper (0% hunger)

xx+34XP → level 0 (34/100XP)
    xx+2FP lemming, +2FP stoat
    xx+1 honey, +1 tansy, +1 catchweed, +1 stinging nettle
    xx+1 star's gift (guarantees 2+ kit litter!), +1 common myo

notes; n/a, welcome to explore! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♔ ─ 004!! ))

Postby Flatterina » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:36 am

faelyn wrote:────────────────────────────────

ImageImage

+110 XP [901 words written]
+20 XP [Patrol sent]
+10% Hunger each

Their tails entwined, the two cats dove deeper into the territory, keeping their eyes open both for falling stars in the lightening sky and prey on the ground. Quinn was the first to find something as the woods came to life around them, the ferns and grasses around them kissed by sunlight with every step they took. As they followed a stream feeding into a small lake they encountered a duck feeding on algae near the shore that the brown tom expertly swatted out of the water and killed with a quick bite to the neck before it could take flight.
[+1 Duck, +3 FP, +6 XP]

Essie shook out her fur, ridding herself of the water droplets Quinn’s manoeuvre had sprayed over to her, before praising him with a purr. His mouth full of duck, Quinn could only purr in reply, his eyes twinkling in the sunrays that had started breaking through the foliage.
When Essie could tear her gaze off him again, she spotted some sorrel growing in a river bend, and hurried to pick it. The herb would certainly prove useful later.
[+1 Sorrel, +2 XP]

As the sun rose, so did Essie’s tiredness. “Let’s head back, shall we?” she asked after they had uneventfully patrolled through the forest some more. Quinn agreed with a nod before freezing. Alarmed, Essie stopped beside him, her ears listening for any sign of danger. Slowly and carefully, the tom laid his prey on the floor, shooting her a look. “Snake!” he whispered sharply, his tail pointing in a direction somewhere to the front and the left of where they were standing. Essie felt her heart beat faster as she, too, spotted the animal. “It doesn’t look poisonous”, she replied in a hushed voice. “Should we fight it or let it be?”

Total
+3 FP | +1 Sorrel | +138XP | Level 3 [101/400]

Congrats, you levelled up! As a reward, you receive two Food Points and a Herb of choice, as well as a NR MYO!
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:11 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
level one | exp 21/200 | word count 1,037

it has been a few days since the fox attack and with the recent healer apprentice of flamepaw, fogclan felt somewhat better, but the uneasiness of most cats was still felt. most cats murmured uneasily especially the hunters about rumors and gossip, and the council wasn’t protecting the hunters enough, at least that’s what tawnystrike believed. being the lead hunter, it was his duty to ensure his hunter’s safety and having multiple predators spotted within a moon wasn’t what they needed.

“whitethroat, i need to speak to the council regarding the recent sightings,” he growled. whitethroat was usually on top of things but the fox attack has obviously shaken her.

“i can’t promise you evey member, but i’ll get the ones that are present in camp,” whitethroat promised and with a flick of her tail, she led him off toward the two other council members of foxcall and cloversong. they were sharing tongues but couldn’t help taking glancing over towards the incoming cats. “yes?” cloversong questioned the duo.

“we need to talk about the current situation with the predators,” tawnystrike answered. it wouldn’t be an easy conversation but it had to be done.

cloversong was confused by this. everything was going fine and would be fine after a moon or so. “what about it? we are dealing with it just fine, and look at the recent patrol with whitethroat and jayflight, the hunters having the scouts with them help to protect them all.” looking towards foxcall, she wanted some reassuring statement but all she got was a nod of agreement from foxcall.

“i’m tired of my hunters complaining about the scouts as they feel like it’s more of a burden to keep the scouts out of the way. if we are going to continue this, then only spies and explorers should be on the patrol as they know how to hunt like proper hunters,” tawnystrike complained. it was something that needed fixing now instead of being pushed back yet again.

feeling the growing tension, foxcall butted in. “we’ll see about that if it makes the hunters happy, but we can’t promise that we’ll stick to your solution. morning-gaze may be displeased with this especially due to all the work that they already have. spies and explorers already have such a huge role.”

“fine, i’ll talk to her myself then,” tawnystrike groaned. it wasn’t going to be pleasant as they already had quite the history between the two of them. tawnystrike just didn’t like her too much as she honestly just whines and all that jazz, being too annoying to deal with. crossing the clearing and peaking his head into the shared council and lead scout and hunter den, he saw her still asleep. “morning-gaze, wake up,” he yelled at her. “whitethroat needs you on patrol.”

her ears snapped back. “fine,” she yawned. she stretched in her bed then started to pad towards the front of the den. though she wasn’t fully awake, she could still see tawnystrike hanging in the front of the den and that something was up. “i’m sensing that i’m not needed on patrol. what do you need, tawnystrike?”

“we need to talk about the current scout on patrol situation,” tawnystrike said. “i do-“

to his surprise, the she-cat interrupted him. “i hate it. this is tiring my scouts, and they are being cut down on rest time from between patrols and these hunts. look at jayflight’s injury, even though it’s a sprain, it just makes my point more evident of my scouts being worn down.”

“that’s not what i meant. the council wouldn’t approve of this until the predator situations die down,” tawnystrike growled. the she-cat wouldn’t agree with him regardless of what he would say. “i want for the explorers and spies to be the only ones on the patrols now as my hunters hate the usual scouts.”

“no, that isn’t necessary. just send out a fake patrol that i’ll join with jayflight, then we’ll spirit up into hunting and border patrols,” morning-gaze said. “besides what could happen, the fox was dealt with and the bear was in a shallow spot of the river. there’s nothing for us to fear right now.”

“fine, we’ll meet up at sunhigh so you have a bit to convince jayflight. she’s not going to be pleased especially with her upcoming exploration mission.”

it was now sunhigh as tawnystrike sat with dustysun and flamepaw, the healer’s apprentice, who was tagging along for some hunting experience before the half moon. “what scout is joining us, tawnystrike?”

“morning-gaze and jayflight, but the northern borders need to be checked so they’ll leave us for that,” tawnystrike informed her. thankfully, she knew how to hold her tongue and to keep things calm unlike her kin foxcall, so word wouldn’t get out until tawnystrike wants it to.

“yep, just one patrol to split to check the border and hunt. don’t worry about it, flamepaw,” morning-gaze said as she approached with jayflight at her side. “thankfully, jayflight didn’t keep us waiting due to her complaints again.”

“i’m only going to stretch my legs,” she countered. her pelt was mildly fluffed from that joking tease from what tawnystrike saw. “let’s get going before foxcall assigns me to fix another den. i can’t stand that.”

“as you wish,” tawnystrike said as he led them all out of the camp. the forest was living and it would make for a good patrol. the group was already split up into two with the hunters in one and the scouts lagging behind by a few strides. “we’ll split when the training grounds are in sight so just like twenty to fifty fox strides and we’ll be out of each other’s pelt.”

“don’t mess up especially with flamepaw here or else we’ll never here the end of it,” morning-gaze warned. they couldn’t afford to mess up here as they needed to prove their point. as the training grounds got into sight, the group split up with the scouts continuing north and the hunters heading north west. they would be in earshot of each other but not too close. leaving each other, the lead hunter and scout didn’t share any parting words only brief looks and nods over their shoulders.

--cats on patrol
    morning-gaze | hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: no
    jayflight | hp 98% | hup 0% | sick: no
    dustysun | hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: no
    tawnystrike | hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: no
    flamepaw | hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: no
    --inventory
    crabs | 1 FP | x1
    squirrel | 2 FP | x1
    chipmunk | 2 FP | x0
    salmon | 3 FP | x1
    small bird| 3 FP | x2
    large bird | 4 FP | x0

borage leaves | x1
    dried oak leaf | x1
    watermint | x2
    elder leaves | x1

-- other notes:
    predators are bears, hawks, and foxes
    n/a
    -- active quests:
    none
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[015.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:08 pm

HAVENCLAN !
    The soft swish of water filled her ears in tandem to the gentle duet of the twin sparrows over her head. Their tiny beaks parted in song as they bounced far overhead on top outstretched branches, spiralling towards the sun.

It was enough to ease a smile from her.

Lichenstep flanked the cat next to her, quietly scanning the area. Her head lifted as she sniffed the air, tasting the scents. Faint scents lingered, nothing fresh, and the lack of fresh tracks was… unusual. Had something scared them away? Or had the critters of the forest not awoken?

The song of the twin sparrows far above her head was almost teasing now, their tiny chitters and chirps an innocent dare. If she could climb the tree without them noticing… but that would be hard, if not impossible. The sparrows were so far up━

“Hey.” A gentle shoulder brushed against hers… from a certain cat. Their head tilted, a slow, lop-sided smile budding on their muzzle. They pointed their nose ahead. “I didn't find any prey slinking around, but... think those are useful?”

Small yellow flowers dotted the ground, their petals pointed towards the golden rays of the sun. Their centers darkened, slowly fading out to a paler yellow.

Hawkstar padded towards the patch of flowers, uprooting a small bundle with their jaws. Roots poked out from the dark-leaved plant as they adjusted their grip on it. They offered them to her… for closer inspection no doubt. “Tansies?”

She cocked her head, brow furrowing a touch. “I- tormentil… I think. Their roots can be useful.” (+1 tormentil)

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ lichenstep (10% hunger), hawkstar (10% hunger)

xxprevious patrol (all fed, including lichenstep!)
    xxxx↳ fogdance (0% hunger), salmonrun (0% hunger), surfpelt (0% hunger)

xx+41XP → level 1 (208/200XP) → level 2 (8/300XP)
    xx+1 tormentil

congrats! you've reached level two and received an additional +1FP (your choice), +1 herb (your choice!) and +1 common edit!

notes; n/a, your current inventory actually matches your prey list, so no conversions are necessary! <3

just as a note for myself or for general reference; miraphoenix bought fp (x6) from the shop and added them to their inventory here! ^^

LAGOONCLAN !
    user + clan link: quirky; + clan archive
    responding to: quirky;'s last post
    xx+40XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent
    xx+16XP for prey collected, +2XP for herbs found
    The brush of thin ferns tickling his side was a welcome distraction from the harsh glare of the sun above. That, but also the tranquil silence from his hunting partner, who seemed more at ease.

Smokestorm squinted, taking in the dark-furred molly as she meandered through the ferns ahead. Her shoulders were relaxed, muscles loose, a reprieve from the earlier tension. He managed a small smile.

Good. Perhaps these patrol pairs would work out, StarClan so help him. Third time had to be the charm. Right?

He stumbled. His nose skimmed the dirt as he fought for balance, catching himself before he could… properly meet the ground. He snorted. What the━

A shriek pierced the silence, and movement skimmed his paws. Wriggling bundles skittered around, clambering up the freshly unearthed hole. A burrow. One filled with… he squinted. Shrews. His claws glinted as he slammed a paw down, pouncing on the fleeing critters. (+2FP shrew, +2FP shrew)

"Good find." Kestrelspeck offered a nod, turquoise eyes alight with undisguised triumph. A large dark-feathered bird rested at her paws. She flashed a wide grin. (+4FP bird)

"Hey, Smokestorm!"

Kestrelspeck groaned.

A light-furred blur rocketed through the foliage, weaving through the trees. Shadows dappled her gold pelt as she moved. Goldenblossom. "Hey, Smokestorm! We have an━ oof.” Her head clipped the side of the tree, sending the she-cat pitching towards the dirt. (-4% health for goldenblossom ━ no herbs or rest needed to send her out on patrol again!)

Goldenblossom shook her head, staggering to her paws. Mud marred her pale coat as a cloud of dust rose around her. “I’m fine, really! Uh… come with me. There’s a situation with some loner. They call them Fennel or something?”

Smokestorm’s brows furrowed. “Take me to them.”

━━━

“Okay, right about… here!”

Goldenblossom pointed a nose ahead, indicating a russet-furred cat. The rest of the patrol gathered around in a crescent, heads tilted. Olivebranch set a careful paw on a white flower with a dark gold center, eyes soft with a certain edge. Curious, yet uncertain. (+1 feverfew)

The loner strode up, offering a crooked grin.

“Hey, fellas!” Their tail swished as they dipped their head towards Smokestorm. “As I was explaining to the patrol, I’m looking for some help. A friend of mine has fallen ill and I need a herb to help her out.” Their smile faltered. “Do you think you could help me? I can offer something in exchange.”

Fennel requires your assistance! Their friend has fallen ill and they need one herb to help her. They promise something in return!
    Does the patrol help them out or turn them down?

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat (kestrelspeck + smokestorm fed!)
    xxxx↳ kestrelspeck (40% hunger), smokestorm (40% hunger), sagefluff (30% hunger)
    xxxxolivebranch (30% hunger), softpetal (40% hunger), goldenblossom (30% hunger)

xx-4% health for goldenblossom
    xxxx↳ goldenblossom (96% health)

xx+78XP → level 2 (286/300XP)
    xx+4FP bird, +2FP shrew, +2FP shrew
    xx+1 feverfew
    xx-2FP mouse, -2FP vole (fed to kestrelspeck + smokestorm)

notes; n/a! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me