Based on Click to view
Artist astrocompass [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Brindle Bull Terrier

Postby astrocompass » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:20 am

What Is Serenity Shelter?
    Serenity is a dog rescue. We rescue dogs of all kinds and rehabilitate them to be able to be adopted. Not all dogs have a nice past, such as just being given up to the shelter because their owners couldn't afford to care for them. Some are abandoned. Some were left for dead. But each one is special, and each one is full of love and ready to share it. We give the dogs the best care we can provide, but nothing beats a home that they can call their own. So are you ready to adopt?

My first dog as an official artist! ヾ(・ω・*)ノ

This young boy was given to us after local law enforcement made a bust on a major dog fighting ring, he was only a puppy at the time we received him but he still has a tendency to shy away or growl if you approach him too quickly. He is a Bull Terrier and while he can be skittish and act with aggression at times, with patience and trust he becomes an inseparable friend and guardian. We believe he is now old enough to go to a loving home.

Code: Select all
[b]Username ::[/b]
[b]Dog's Name ::[/b]
[b]Gender ::[/b]
[b]Personality ::[/b]
[b]Story or Art ::[/b]

To adopt this boy write me a story or draw me a picture of whatever this boy enjoys doing the most, does he like belly rubs? Long runs through a wooded park? Or just sleeping on your lap?
The picture can have a background or not, but it must be colored.
The story must be at least 250 words.

End Date: August 14th

Wandering Sketch wrote:Username :: Wandering Sketch
Dog's Name :: Hero
Personality :: Hero is described by strangers as "skittish," "angry," "untrusting," or even, "dangerous." He has somehow found himself surrounded with people who would better describe him with words such as "hurt," "anguished," "conflicted," and especially, "worthwhile."
Story :: Hero was rescued along with several other pups, including a pitbull mutt called Notch, and a greyhound called Train. Their time in the ring's negligent breeding cages has given each dog a very impressionable but distinctive personality. Because each were bred for very different purposes, they each took on different attributes.
Train is strong, quiet, and subtle, riveting the air of a wise but pained old dog [despite her young age]. Greyhounds are not fighters, and she was never trained to be a runner; she believes her meaning in life was to live as breeder female, caged and continuously rearing pups that were later never returned.
Notch is naively chipper, hyper, and excited about her new life outside of the walls and cages; she was the youngest rescued, and only just barely remembers life from that time. However, as the most undesired for her mixed blood, Notch experienced the upmost abuse and neglect, and was certainly doomed to be cast away. Train believes that she knew this, but was born with an unquenchable desire for freedom; now that she's acquired it, Notch has been determined to live it out to the fullest. Her strength and adaptability cannot be rivaled, nor her unforgettable heart.
Hero, on the other hand, was raised from a very young pup to be one of the fighters, trained from the moment he was weaned. He experienced the full blunt of human apathy and cruelty. He spent a lot of his time trying to ease his own pain, even if it meant doing as he was told- attacking. Hero quickly moved up in the ranks of fighters, and was given his name as a token of praise. This has haunted him ever since the moment he came to his senses; Notch and Train have been trying to transform his name into something he'd never regret.
Like Train and Notch, Hero was taken in by a rich [adopted] young girl named Julie, who cares for them with her seemly reluctant friend, Aiden. Both have histories of their own.
The three now live in a very large mansion in a secluded forest. It's not a picture of perfection, but it's where Hero has finally found some peace, away from prying eyes and discriminating protesters. This house is full of tormented lives, but that's why it's home to him.
Art ::
I don't have time to do art, but I have some scribbles of Notch and Train here [before I had fully decided their designs/breeds]. I've also sketched bull terriers before, so Hero'll be kept active if I adopt him.
Last edited by astrocompass on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
man, teenagers are weird.
astrocompass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Brindle Bull Terrier

Postby boots » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:08 pm

Username ::
Dog's Name ::
Personality ::
Story or Art ::

will be trying out tomorrow c: <3
boots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wandering Sketch » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Username :: Wandering Sketch
Dog's Name :: Hero
Personality :: Hero is described by strangers as "skittish," "angry," "untrusting," or even, "dangerous." He has somehow found himself surrounded with people who would better describe him with words such as "hurt," "anguished," "conflicted," and especially, "worthwhile."
Story :: Hero was rescued along with several other pups, including a pitbull mutt called Notch, and a greyhound called Train. Their time in the ring's negligent breeding cages has given each dog a very impressionable but distinctive personality. Because each were bred for very different purposes, they each took on different attributes.
Train is strong, quiet, and subtle, riveting the air of a wise but pained old dog [despite her young age]. Greyhounds are not fighters, and she was never trained to be a runner; she believes her meaning in life was to live as breeder female, caged and continuously rearing pups that were later never returned.
Notch is naively chipper, hyper, and excited about her new life outside of the walls and cages; she was the youngest rescued, and only just barely remembers life from that time. However, as the most undesired for her mixed blood, Notch experienced the upmost abuse and neglect, and was certainly doomed to be cast away. Train believes that she knew this, but was born with an unquenchable desire for freedom; now that she's acquired it, Notch has been determined to live it out to the fullest. Her strength and adaptability cannot be rivaled, nor her unforgettable heart.
Hero, on the other hand, was raised from a very young pup to be one of the fighters, trained from the moment he was weaned. He experienced the full blunt of human apathy and cruelty. He spent a lot of his time trying to ease his own pain, even if it meant doing as he was told- attacking. Hero quickly moved up in the ranks of fighters, and was given his name as a token of praise. This has haunted him ever since the moment he came to his senses; Notch and Train have been trying to transform his name into something he'd never regret.
Like Train and Notch, Hero was taken in by a rich [adopted] young girl named Julie, who cares for them with her seemly reluctant friend, Aiden. Both have histories of their own.
The three now live in a very large mansion in a secluded forest. It's not a picture of perfection, but it's where Hero has finally found some peace, away from prying eyes and discriminating protesters. This house is full of tormented lives, but that's why it's home to him.
Art ::
I don't have time to do art, but I have some scribbles of Notch and Train here [before I had fully decided their designs/breeds]. I've also sketched bull terriers before, so Hero'll be kept active if I adopt him.
Last edited by Wandering Sketch on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Of Monsters and Men wrote:I met a man today,
And he smiled back at me;
Now there are thoughts like these,
That keep me on my feet,
That keep me on my feet

Wandering Sketch wrote:[Deviantart]

Just back on CS after a looong 2-year gap, so I have virtually no new pets and all oldies and no idea how to work the coding of a CS signature. Will work it out later I think!

I'm A Member Of Deh Nickname Club: #9 on the list, I am known as - SKETCH. Yep! xD
Wandering Sketch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HP Fan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:32 am

Bump!
daredevil has been my life for the past year and a half. please watch it, you wont regret it.

HP Fan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wandering Sketch » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:19 am

Bump

That keep me on my feet,
That keep me on my feet

Just back on CS after a looong 2-year gap, so I have virtually no new pets and all oldies and no idea how to work the coding of a CS signature. Will work it out later I think!

I'm A Member Of Deh Nickname Club: #9 on the list, I am known as - SKETCH. Yep! xD
Wandering Sketch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astrocompass » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:02 pm

I am so sorry for waiting a couple extra days, I was hoping for Boots to finish their form but alas- not.

Sketch, you have an incredible form. (I think you would have one even if you were not the only form)
I know Hero will definitely be loved and be at home in his little patchwork family. Congrats!
man, teenagers are weird.
astrocompass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wandering Sketch » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Aw, thank you! I'll hopefully be able to submit some doodles of him later, I'll update my form at that time.

That keep me on my feet,
That keep me on my feet

Wandering Sketch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me