Based on Click to view
Artist oakdenugg [gallery]
Time spent 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

mutato 257

Postby oakdenugg » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:35 am

What is a Mutato?
    In a rapidly changing world of rapidly accumulating toxic waste, Mutatoes take to the sky.
    These creatures, affectionately dubbed Mutatoes, are a sad combination of an unknown creature, radioactive material, and a potato.
    They live in the sky and consume UV radiation. They are the new era of Super Man.

At birth Mutatoes are about the size of a potato and can grow to around the size of a basketball.
    Generally they are busy creatures who would prefer flying to being carried.
    The Mutato is filled with the same kind of gases that its tail is made of.
    These gases are currently unidentified, but are lighter than air- enabling them to fly.
    They can stay in the air for a maximum of 20 hours straight before they need to land and "rest".
    Though, when they can't be in the air, Mutatoes pace... a lot.

You may add one extra
    Things you must include:
    +Your Username
    +Name of the Mutato
    ++Reason for choosing the name
    +It's spirit animal, (means what animal represents this mutato) and why does it represent it?

September 19th

oakdenugg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: mutato 257

Postby Tsukiko-pyon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:06 am

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1867561][img]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/245/9/8/mutato_257_small_by_tsukiko_pyon-d6kqr38.gif[/img][/url]
Last edited by Tsukiko-pyon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Tsukiko-pyon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:13 am

Your Username:
booklover789

Name of the Mutato:
Lichen

Reason for choosing the name:
It was the first thing that popped into my head when I looked at this beautiful Mutato. Bing's definition of the word is as follows:
"li·chen (li-kən)
An organism growing on rocks: a complex organism consisting of fungi and algae growing together in symbiosis that often appears as gray, green, or yellow patches on rocks, trees, and other surfaces."

It's spirit animal, (means what animal represents this mutato) and why does it represent it?
Lichen's spirit animal is a Royale's Pika. According to Wikipedia, Pikas "are herbivores, and feed on a wide variety of plant matter, including forbs, grasses, sedges, shrub twigs, moss, and lichen. As with other lagomorphs, pikas have gnawing incisors and no canines, although they have fewer molars than rabbits. The most common Pika in the Himalayas with a HBT length of 17-22 centimeters, Royle's Pika has slightly arched head with rufous-grey body with chestnut-colored head and sparsed hair in front of its ears. The Pika, also known as 'Mouse-Hare,' has a mostly guinea pig-like appearance. Their short ears and short legs give them mouse-like appearance as well.
The Royale's Pikas and the Large-Eared Pikas are mostly seen in the open rocky mountain edges or slopes or in forests with conifer trees like Pine, Deodar, and Rhododendron. The species has also been found near the human habitation. These Pikas do not make their own nests; they rather take existing borrow systems as their nests, lining them with hay piles and pine leaves."
This paragraph was taken from two different Wikipedia articles and edited, revised, and slightly changed for clarity.

This Mutato's spirit animal is a Royale's Pika for a few reasons. The Pika is strong, able to live in a harsh environment; this Mutato is also strong, and isn't quite as delicate as it's adorable appearance may indicate. The Pika likes to eat vegetation - such as Lichen - and this Muato also is a vegetarian. Royale's Pika has reddish-brown fur, and this Muato has a red tint to its tail. Royale's Pika is also very small, just like this Mutato. Lastly, this Mutato, like the Royale's Pika, does not make its own home; but unlike the Royale's Pika, this Mutato chooses to dwell with humans, preferring their company over other Mutatoes.
Last edited by booklover789 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dionaea » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:38 am

ZOE12123 IS THE NAME, MUTATOES ARE THE GAME!

THIS GORGEOUS MUTATO IS NAMED FERN.

THE NAME FERN SINGS TO ME WITH THE MUSIC OF NATURE,
MUCH LIKE THIS GORGEOUS MUTATO. THE DESIGN REMINDS ME OF
THE MOSSY SMELL OF A FRESHLY PLANTED FERN. THE GREEN LEAVES JUST REMIND ME OF A CLUSTER OF SOFT, VELVETY LEAVES.
THE NAME JUST SEEMS TO FIT HER!

FERN'S SPIRIT ANIMAL IS A TREE KANGAROO.BECAUSE BOTH ARE HYPER
TREE-LOVING ANIMALS.
FERN WILL OFTEN PACE ON TREE BRANCHES, MUCH LIKE THE LONG TAILED
TREE KANGAROO
x
          xx

┌─────────── ───────────┐
          adult player she/her

reading: night circus
          playing: baldur's gate 3
          └─────────── ───────────┘

trade thread was @asterias
dionaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carmineflyer » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:15 am

+Your Username
PFDB123

+Name of the Mutato
Carlin

++Reason for choosing the name
Carlin means "little champion," in Gaelic, and I thought that it would be a perfect representation of her spirit animal, the ant.

+It's spirit animal, and why does it represent it?
Carlin's spirit animal is a small creature, perhaps one of the smallest noticeable ones: the ant. Every ant is its own champion. They all will work together to create their own community and each one thinks only of its family when it does its great deeds, not itself. An ant does many great things for a creature of its size, every day it will climb a mountain, even if to us, that mountain is simply a small rock. Carlin hopes to learn from the ant, to learn that every achievement can be a great one to herself, that it doesn't matter what other people might think. She will learn that the struggle over the smallest mountain can be great as long as you are doing it for a reason. The ant has many things that we do not notice, though that make a great difference in its colony's lives. It's the little things that matter the most. Carlin is small and shy, afraid of making too much noise, of voicing her opinion. Yet, she does that smallest little things and favors that help all the people around her, sometimes without them even knowing.
Last edited by carmineflyer on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Links
My DA
My FR
Ask.fm

activity will be sporadic,
there's just a lot of things coming up in life right now
carmineflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Purple Umbreon » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:38 am

+Your Username Warrior_cats_forever
+Name of the Mutato Silva
++Reason for choosing the name The name Silva means 'of the forest' I think the name would fit this mutate quite well, why you might ask because since her home is in the forest she blends in to her surroundings and she is then part of the forest
+It's spirit animal, (means what animal represents this mutato) and why does it represent it? I think her spirit animal would be a Lynx because even though she is small she is still fierce like a lynx
Purple Umbreon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Immortalkitten » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:06 am

Username
My name is Immortalkitten.

Mutato's Name
I would name this beautiful Mutato Forest Glow.

Reason For Name
Her name would be Forest Glow because forests are usually associated with peace and kindness, and Forest Glow is very kind. Also, the name Forest Glow sounds like it would belong to a gentle Mutato like her. She is nice to everyone and would never hurt anyone on purpose.

Spirit Animal
Her spirit animal is a butterfly because they represent grace, gentleness, and beauty, which are major characteristics of Forest Glow. (They also fly like a Mutato!)
(This was a gif of some butterflies...)
Last edited by Immortalkitten on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

I am usually on once or twice
a day if you need me. I post in
the forums occasionally, but I
am mostly here to collect pets.

~Current Obsession~
Minecraft/Code Geass

BFF BFF 2 Carrd Art Fight Art Credit
Immortalkitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birb. » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:05 am

+Your Username Kawaiihorse
+Name of the Mutato woodland melody
++Reason for choosing the name I chose the name because the two pictures on it is wood and forest, a woodland
+It's spirit animal, (means what animal represents this mutato) and why does it represent it? I chose a squirrel because a squirrel lives in the trees and on the ground
[img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=1665162&size=large&format=auto&rev=1378153167/img]
birb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zakki » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:01 pm

Your Username; smileygirl99, but please, call me SG!
Name of the Mutato; I would name this Mutato Spirit
Reason for Choosing the Name; WIP {self note- extra}
It's Spirit Animal, (means what animal represents this mutato) and Why Does it Represent it?; A swan. I found this quiz, and filled out the answers as the mutato would, and it came out with a swan.
Extra; What Having This Spirit Animal Means (Personality) Swans are idealistic, open-minded, and passionate. Their good nature often leads people to think they can take advantage of them, but they should be careful—beneath that serenity lies a fighting spirit. Their love is fierce and unconditional, fuelled by the certainty that it should last forever.
hi i'm kieran ~

just stopping by here occasionally for the nostalgia

not really active on any social media but i'll reply to messages on twitter (@dphyllgry) or tumblr (/unravellist) if you want to say hi!
zakki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grengirl » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:33 am

Your Username?
Oh, Hi! :) I'm Grengirl.

The name of this Mutato?
Her name is Eliza Elder.

The reason for choosing this name?
She is named in part because she has made her home in a ancient Elder tree.
The elder is a sacred tree of Celtic Astrology and the elder is also associated with the Raven. Some have considered this tree to be unlucky but Eliza has no quam with her choice of tree home especilly considering that
elder wood is most often used for banishment, protection from evil, and healing. Things Eliza strives for in her woodland home.

Her spirit animal and why does it represents her?
Raven is her spirit animal, he is a shapeshifer, and a trickster with prophetic properties. Also a mediator animal between life and death Raven has the ability to travel between the spirit world and the normal world. This gives Eliza the ability to speak with lost souls.

Raven represents and suports Eliza in her sprirtual work but his influance can be distracting. Thay are both protective, curious, and not quite bound to this world or the next.

*images from glitter-graphics.com
Preparing to quit
I will try to check for messages occasionally before I do
but I might not be able to reply immediately.

Paranormal Help⬅️not how you show respect. Just saying. I'll be leaving very soon too, so don't worry. When I have some time between Adulting I'll rehome my pet and notify y'all. Bye CS.

Other stuff
x, x
Grengirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me