Artist Susiron [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

PenumbraWolfy Redline

Postby Susiron » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:35 am

Here's a quick redline for you!

To explain a few things in detail--
(Though I won't detail everything since you can always just compare and contrast with my redline and the original lines)

Your drawing already has some very good bones, and you have nice linework. You already have a nice shape going on for the head, and you have the shoulders on your canine defined nicely.

My main suggestion would be to work on how your orient your subject. I believe that you had a normal standing pose in mine, but the way your legs bend have him pulling a bit far backwards. I'd recommend straightening the legs out for a strict standing pose-- you can flip your drawing to get a better handle on where your drawing is leaning.
Also, don't be afraid of making legs and paws shapely. Some rounded curves and defined ankles can do wonders.

Another big suggestion I would make is to not be afraid of making the neck thicker. It's tempting to make necks slim and thin, but with large dogs and wolves-- especially those of the fluffy variety-- they tend to have a sizable neck, both in actual mass and fur. Thickening the neck can give a much more solid look to your canine.

Some other small suggestions I would make are to draw the eye facing forward more than to the side (and smaller), to put the tail a bit higher-- and make the mass of the tail near the rump thinner (I love how you drew the tail actually, but it would suit an otter more than a canine).

I have some tutorials compiled here that might also be of use.

Hope some of this helped! C:
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: PenumbraWolfy Redline

Postby Alkene » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:50 am

Oh my gosh, this helps so much! Thank you lots for taking the time to do all this ;v; I'll definitely be jotting notes and trying these suggestions out!

Also thank you very much for the master post! So much help.
|| She/her or They/Them||
discord — Arganine#8571

Only active for Oekaki and Adopts at this point

QPPs
pine & Lonnie
My dearest friends
| Sixbane | MrBoodle | Sebeon | batman | Wesley | Lucikan | Toxic Wolf | Emris | nirvaniem | Bornfromashes
Alkene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: PenumbraWolfy Redline

Postby Susiron » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:01 am

PenumbraWolfy wrote: X

Glad you find it useful!