#CC 5.34 by DoctorDraca

Based on Click to view
Artist DoctorDraca [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#CC 5.34

Postby DoctorDraca » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:21 am

Canis Concolor, otherwise known as Zvers, are an alien species that were discovered aboard a crashed space ship. Initially believed to be too vicious to tame, humans have begun to form bonds with these strange beasts, despite warnings from government agents who want them rounded up and exterminated. Despite several attempts, the government has thus far been unable to recapture them and Zvers have begun to breed. Many average joes have set off in search of a Zver to call their very own after hearing rumors that the intelligent creatures could be tamed with a bit of bribery and gentle coaxing. Will you join the hunt?

Padded feet kick up dust, tail swaying in a tight turn. They are going at top speed, running, panting, ears pressed against their head and wind rushing through a messy mane. Their muscles are straining, but they cannot give up, they cannot stop. They leap over fallen branches, rushing further into unknown territory. Dried leaves are stomped into the dusty ground, the crunches betray them.

They are spotted.

They are being persued. By what they do not know, but they are wary and alert, having chosen flight over fight. For a moment they believed to be free, but the screeches are still behind them, closer than before. They cannot look back. They dare not look back. It's getting harder to run now, harder to turn, harder to escape. Cliff walls are closing in on them, leading them into a maze. Until it all stops. A dead end. The walls are too steep to climb, the sounds behind them getting closer.

They are trapped.

------------

Owner: Svel

------------
How to enter: Write a conclusion to the short drabble above.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Biological Sex:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]What happens next?[/b]
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #CC 5.34

Postby appiesauce » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:06 am

Username: keys.
Name: Polaris or Po ( for short )
Biological Sex:

What happens next? What do they do? The run, not backwards, nor away, but right at them. Dozing nose first right toward them. Top speed, ears back, feet kicking, eyes squinted, racing toward them. The creatures snarl and growl. But they run. Faster then the wind. Almost like flying. Just a blur. But they make contact, and rush right into them. Not stopping nor falling but they keep running. They trample over them and run back. Back to where they came. The monsters become dazed, hurt, and confused. What was it? They don't know but they'll never chase it again.
xxxImage
xxxxxxxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xx
xxxxx
aspynn | she/her | adult
xxxxxxxxtoyhou.se / sketch shop

xxxxxxxxImage
appiesauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:37 am

Holy jelly babies. I need.
Username: Queen Chrysalis
Name: Palahiel
Biological Sex: Female

What happens next?
She turns, hackles raised, pointed teeth bared in a silent snarl.

WIP.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spooky_the_Zombie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:46 am

- U s e r n a m e -

Spooky_the_Zombie

- N a m e -

Kisu 奇数 (means 'odd' in Japanese)

- B i o l o g i c a l S e x -

Male

- G e n d e r -

Gender Fluid

- W h a t H a p p e n s N e x t ? -

WIP
Spooky_the_Zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plaegii » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:44 pm

Username: my lord;
      Name: viven muertos (living dead)
      Biological Sex: male

What happens next?
      What is a nightmare, when there are no monsters? An endless, sucking black abyss. It pulls at your soul, rips you from your body and pulls you down. And that is why, when you begin to fall, you wake up.

Amber-orange eyes opened, narrow head lifting and snout turning toward the howl of monsters. Ah. So it was those awful screeches that had invaded his sleeping mind and led him to believe that such monstrosities had come for him. Despicable. Orange-tipped paws lifted, pads brushing over worn paper and drawing the novel closer to his slight frame. Head lowering, he inhaled the scent of ink and stories.

See, the novel was his favorite. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. He'd read it a thousand times, and it was by far his most prized possession. He'd found it his second day here, and taken three months learning each letter, syllable and phrase. Eyes closing, he thought again to his vivid incomplete nightmare. What had been the monsters that chased him? The ones with tentacle tongues, that would punch through him like a knife through one of his beloved pages? The thought in itself was enough to jerk him back into reality.

But again to the sounds that had plagued his sleeping mind, and now his waking one as well. What were those things? He'd call them the Ghastly. It seemed fitting enough. But now, because it was still too dark to read and the wailing sounds were enough to cause him disturbance, he scooted further back into his place of safety and wondered what his reaction would be, if placed in such a situation. Good to have a plan, right? But thinking back on it, he'd seen nothing. No hidden crevices or holes or sources of water to hide. Would he have faced the monsters? Probably, but only because he was forced to.

But now... would he fight them? He'd like to think he would, but he knew better. He was no brave soldier, ready to live free or die. He didn't think himself agile enough to slip around either. Knowing him, he would've done something stupid... like play dead. I would face my fate, not with teeth and claws by with head raised and spirit lifted. The thought was disturbing- and seemingly from nowhere. But, thinking about it, he realized it was true. There would be no way to evade the monsters and no way he could possibly fight them. So why should he struggle? make what could possibly be his last moments full of pain and exhaustion? It would be better to greet death with open arms and go easy... assuming he died. If not, well there was always a chance of escape later on, which would then be improved by his hopefully lacking injuries.
holibombin'
gifted: 13
received: 7
nuked: 12
received: 0
plaegii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby greyy. » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:28 am

Username: hufflepuff.
Name: Xander
Biological Sex: Male

What happens next? Xander turns to the creature. He smiles and waves. He then picks up a stick and hurls it into the forest. The creature goes after it like a puppy. He thought he could get away now until he heard heavy breathing and panting. He turned around slowly, only to find the creature sitting down with the stick. He dropped it at Xander's paws. Xander threw it again, and again, and again. Xander found his new best friend.
greyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelshy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:24 am

dropped
good luck and congrats to the winner <3
- ̗̀ xangel/shy | she/they | my kalons | my charactersx ̖́-
angelshy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:55 am

Bump
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Svel » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:21 am

Username: Svel
Name: Nevascus

What happens next?
Having run into a dead end, Nevascus looked around him frantically, looking for other means of escape. He squinted his eyes for a moment, his bright orange eyes desperate to find something that could aid him in this tight situation. In his realization that there was no way out, his ears and tail drooped, his eyes clouded with fear of what was to come. He had to face the beast. Taking quick, shallow breaths in an attempt to calm himself, Nevascus turned around slowly, kicking up small dust clouds as he did.

He didn't know what to expect, though what he saw was definitely not what he had expected. What stood in front of him was a goat, seemingly larger than most of its kind at first glance. Covered in thick, white fur, with small horns on either side of it's head, Nevascus recognized the beast as a mountain goat. His other senses must have deceived him previously, for the beast now smelt of goat to him, and the screeches he previously heard now translated to the sound of bleeting; he always trusted his vision, his vision had never deceived him before. As the goat lowered its head and charged, obviously seeing him as a threat, Nevascus smirked. He had no idea why he chose flight over fight in the first place. Now, it was time to show this goat he, a Zver, was not to be messed with. Game on.

Nevascus squinted his eyes, the target was right in front of him. He ran with the strength and speed he previously used, though this time, it wasn't out of fear. Upon seeing Nevascus charge, the goat, realizing that something was wrong, stopped and turned around, retreating. Positions had changed, it was the goat who was now playing prey. However, it was too late for the goat to react, for Nevascus had already made his move, and within a few seconds, all was over. Picking up his limp victim by the neck, Nevascus walked slowly back to more familiar territory, making a mental note to identify beasts before making the decision to fight or flight next encounter.
An Irish Blessing wrote:
Always remember to forget
The troubles that passed away.
But never forget to remember
The blessings that come each day.

Unknown wrote:
Kindness is free; pass it on

On semi-hiatus wrote:It's been an awesome few years, CS. You've been a pivotal part of my childhood. I pop by every once in a blue moon to reminisce, and find myself smiling at familiar faces in the boards and the cool collectibles each time.

Avatar by Jenny Downing on Flickr
I love you, Laura, and I miss you dearly.
Svel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:31 am

Svel wrote:Username: Svel
Name: Nevascus

-snip-

A little late but congrats! I like your goaty plot twist.
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me