Based on Click to view
Artist Panne [gallery]
Time spent 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
37 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Plumerian #692 - [WINNER]

Postby Panne » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:54 am

Woah, something not pink? and not pastel???? Have I gone insane????

Anyways, felt like making a simple design for nonowners. nvn
    To win, you must tell me about this plumies favorite mythological creature and why it is their favorite(cause im in the mood to hear about some cool creatures). The minimum word requirement is 300, there is no max. You may not pretty up the form.

This contest will end on the end of page 8.

Code: Select all
    [b]Username;;[/b]
    [b]Name;;[/b]
    [b]Gender;;[/b]
    [b]Mythological creature;;[/b]
Last edited by Panne on Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Plumerian #692 - Non-owners only!

Postby PikachuTori25 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:14 am

Username;; PikachuTori25
Name;; Emerald
Gender;; Male
Mythological creature;;
Emerald's Favorite Mythological creature the Thunderbird. He loves the idea of the giant bird, and believes in it heavily. He’s always looking up at the sky, during a storm to see if he can see the thunderbird. Depending on the legends, the thunderbird could cause rainfall or shoot lightning from it’s eyes. Emerald believes that it can do both and it creates storms to hide itself. He loves to study North American indigenous peoples' history and culture for more information on the thunderbird. Emerald looks for all sorts of information on the thunderbird, including art, songs and oral histories. He looks for any books he hasn’t read about the thunderbird, including children’s books and movies and all in between. Any information is good information to him. Emerald adores the details of the thunderbird, Clouds are pulled together by its wingbeats, the sound of thunder is made by its wings clapping, sheet lightning is the light flashing from its eyes when it blinks, and individual lightning bolts are made by glowing snakes that it carries in its talons. In masks, it is depicted as multi-colored, sometimes with two curling horns, and teeth within its beak. Emerald draws and draws and paints about the lovely thunderbird, he’s a bit obsessed with the legend. He has many painting and rugs with the thunderbird in them. Emerald heavily believes that thunderbirds could shapeshift into human form by tilting back their beaks like a mask and by removing their feathers as if they were a feather-covered blanket. He’s always trying to look out for any shape-shifting humans, but usually can’t find any. Emerald just adores the thunderbird, he wants to someday try and find it….or even see the giant bird in the sky. It’s become his life goal, to see something only a few people have reported to see.
─────── ───────
Riza Hawkeye Simp
Icon by lambcurl
Riza Hawkeye Sprite Source
└──────────────┘
PikachuTori25

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunniedew » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:16 am

Username;;Wings Of Fire.
Name;;Melt
Gender;;Male
Mythological creature;; A Werewolf
I just have to get home. It dark and cold here in the forest. So many trees, they don't let in any light. I keep walking.
I stop dead, as there is a howl. It was loud, and scary, and it seemed to be close to me. I start to run, run fast and far.
I keep running, but I hear it behind me, moving faster and faster. I reach a empty field. I decided to run across, just to see the time. The moon was full. I stop to gaze up at it, completely forgetting the creature. I get tackled to the ground, wincing with pain I look up at what happened. A werewolf towered over me. His dripping jaws and his sharp teeth made it look extra terrifying, but for some reason, I wasn't scared. I roared in my face, and clawed at me. I moved left and right to avoid getting caught under his claws. I snapped his jaws right next to my ear, making the loudest noise I could ever hear. Drool was everywhere, as he was swirling his head, trying to give a killing blow. I roll over onto my stomach, and start to crawl away. I hear him, and feel him, struggling to get a grip on me, as I wiggled free from his grasp. I run. I don't know for how long, but I run. I run until I knew for sure I left him behind. I run until my heart is almost going to give out. I sit down to rest, and find a area where I can see the moon. Werewolves. They were strong, fearless, and brutal. There was something about them that I couldn't ignore. Since that day, I looked up to them. They were brave, they were strong, fearless. (300)
sunnie/snakies he/it
-average rudolph enjoyer
-probably playing apex legends
please do not send me messages
or trades unless prompted <3

✧ Oekaki Art Shop

✧ Range Trotters
Sunniedew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacewing » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:19 am

Username;; Just.Apathy
Name;; Mystify
Gender;; female
Mythological creature;; Medusa
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

magpie

she/they

lesbian!!!

i am quitting and looking to trade most of my pets for art or characters here!
my toyhouse! (under construction)
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
lacewing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadyBro » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:23 am

Dropping!
Last edited by ShadyBro on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rockosaur » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:26 am

Username;; rockosaur
Name;;Lieses
Gender;; Male
Mythological creature;;
Leshy:
The Leshy is a male woodland spirit in Slavic mythology believed to protect wild animals and the forest it lives in . They usually appear as tall men with long beards, but they do have the ability to change size or look like anything they please, witch some times is a animal or plant. Leshies have beards made of vines, and usually have a tail, hooves, and horns. Leshies have pale white skin and dark green eyes. They are the lords of the forest and have extremely strong bonds with gray wolves, bears, and all animal life. When a leshy is in human form it looks like a common beggar of some sort, although its eyes do glow. its some times thought that leshies will lead peasants astray, make people sick, and even tickle them to death! They have horrible cries and are terribly mischievous. However, Leshies can also imitate human voices and often times lure lost wanderers to their caves. Though they can do mall of these things they still can be good, they can create bonds between other animals stronger!
As you can probably tell they like to misguide humans, mainly people who are hunters or people who mistreat or harm the forest or woods they live in. They mostly like the morning time around 6:00 AM. They sometimes will disguise themselves as a deer or another animal people commonly hunt and will kill the hunter right when they are about to shot the Leshy. They take care of the forest mainly by planting may things in the ground like berry bushes or trees.
why he likes them so much: Lieses loves the forest and the animals that live in them. He also has a deep love for creatures that cause trouble. And for a odd reason he has always thought the way you spell Leshy is somewhat like his!

╭────✰────╮
hi I'm rocko!
Any pronouns are fine
Shoot me a pm if you
need/want to talk!
I'm generally not very active
╰────✰────╯
╭────✰────╮
Art shop
Custom (base) design shop
open for USD only
╰────✰────╯
rockosaur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MapleNeko » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:32 am

Username;; ~MapleFeather~
Name;; Nitro
Gender;;Male
Mythological creature;; His favorite mythological creature has always been the japanese yokai, the Nekomata, this was the belief that a cat of an older age would gain a split tail, they are said to be mischievous, but cruel creatures. The cats of Japan are often viewed as creatures of death, so in old times, when someone died, they used to pin the blame on the Nekomata, they were also said to raise the dead from their grave and control them with odd spiritual dances. Hes is fascinated by this creature of myth because they seem poorly judged, as we know today, cats are awesome (he really likes cats) and he can't see why anyone would think of them in that manner. He was interested by the fact that these people would willing keep an animal they also associated with death as a pet until a certain age. He is much more happy with the nekomata portail nowadays as a fluffy, cute, friendly animal of whimsy.
╔════════════════════════════════╗
▰▰ My WME Herd ▰▰
Click us!
ImageImageImageImage

Hey there! my names Mapleneko and im your typical Uni student <3 I absolutely adore animals with anything aquatic, feathered or feline being my favorite! I'm an Axolotl mom and breeder so please feel free to msg me if you want to know more about the silly critters.
Entomology Minor (bugs are life)
the anime is Akatsuki no Yona btw!

╚═══════════════════════════════╝
MapleNeko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fox, » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:34 am

Username;; fox,
Name;; γάτα
Gender;; male - straight
Mythological creature;; γάτα is a giant nerd, always wanting to know more about greek mythology. he constantly is on websites, looking up definitions, learning the language, and even changed his name to be greek. his name in greek is 'cat', referring to his most favorite creature in greek mythology, the mngwa.
the mngwa is a giant tabby cat, as big as a horse, with yellow eyes, and long curling claws. the mngwa is said to be bigger than a leopard, fiercer than a lion, and swifter than a cheetah. the ultimate package, γάτα instantly fell in love with the creature. he loves to brag about his name, and tell the stories of the ferocious beast to all of his friends and family. although the creature has never been proven real, γάτα tells the tale as if it were a fact.
another reason he loves the mngwa is because of his cat, fleck. γάτα owns a grey tabby cat, and adopted him from a local shelter slightly before he learned of the mngwa. once he realized the comparison between the mythical creature and loving fluff, he fell in love even more with both creatures even more than before.
as he grew older, γάτα began to show certain traits of the beast, including more outgoing, agreesivness, communication, and so much more. he began to act more like his cat-like ancestors more than ever before, and he was loving every bit of it. at one point, he decided he couldn't handle his old name, bruce. he practically flew to the courthouse to change his name to γάτα, which he thought was the perfect choice. he could finally be at home, university, ANYWHERE, and relate to his beast. Everyday, he tries more and more to become more like his mythical 'spirit animal', and is fathomed about the idea of the mwgna ever existing.

hello!

im fox, and im not on too often at all.
check out my viscets

Fox,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Chomp » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:35 am

WINNER PM PLEASE, I'LL DO A FREE ART PIECE FOR YOU

Username;;
Captain Chomp
Name;;
Argon Hudson
Gender;;
Male
Mythological creature;;
The Lausk::
The Lausk would have to Argon's favorite mythical creature without a doubt. It's said to be a single man from the Lavian lore, a winter spirit that is said to be the cause of red or numb cheeks and noses in winter. He's found wearing a winter coat made of the finest of animals furs and carries around an axe made of crystal. Growing up in places staying cold for most of the year, Argon is able to find a path to happy memories thinking about the Lausk, a story his mother would always tell him before bed to let his dreams stay within his grasp and always have something to hang onto. Now twenty-three years old Argon can still find himself falling asleep to the lore of the mythical man in his own head, hearing his mother's voice each and every time he does. Argon's favorite mythical creature follows him everywhere when it's cold as he remembers what he does. When he sees cracks in a building that's formed over the winter he blames the and Lausk and his crystal axe for the winter man would use his axe to check a structure's integrity or when he's got numb cheeks or nose in the winter.

One huge reason this mythical creature takes the title of Argon's most beloved creature of myth would be something simple to him, yet complicated to most. He grew up in a poor household in the north, his family having little money for heat or extras so they huddled together and weaved warm blankets of animal furs. He was about just around the age of seven years old when he asked his mother why his nose and cheeks would turn red or numb from the biting cold all around them. She had sat Argon down, wrapping a thick caribou pelt around him and chuckling whole-heartily. "Well you see my sweet baby boy it's the Lausk who does this to you. He's not all that rude of a man. He's hiding in the winds of the deep cold you feel and as he passes he'll pinch your nose and cheeks. It's a game for him of hide and seek, hiding in the winds while he toys along for a thrill. Even sometimes to check the strength of a building he'll swing a crystal or sometimes silver axe of his at parts of the home, resulting in cracks and chips in the structure." she had said covering her mouth to cough and then passing Argon a loving and sweet smile that showed a fiery emotion of love and delight for her son in her emerald eyes. "He's the reasons you'll return from the cold with a numb face or that our home has cracks all around. He's always willing to watch out for you if just believe. In return for him making sure our home is safe, he just wants to numb your face for a little bit."

A drowsy Argon and nodded with a childish smile on his rosy lips and his eyes were half closed. "I love you momma and I'll always remember about the Lausk and make a promise to continue the trade so we'll always be safe," Argon squeaked before falling into a fitful slumber.

The Lausk is a hero in Argon's mind thanking him for his family moving because of all the cracks in their home that eventually collapsed, preventing the injury or death of his family. It's also a strong emotional attachment to his late mother that had passed at the age of sixteen to ammonia. One day he hopes to tell his own children this tale and make it a family thing.
(612 Words)

Of course I missed it's for non-owners after I spent all that time just my luck today...Oh well you know what good luck guys <3
Last edited by Captain Chomp on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain Chomp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Virixin » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:36 am

Username;; lady lιgнтwιng.
Name;; Ursula
Gender;; Female
Mythological creature;; The hippocampus
The Hippocampus is commonly seen in ancient Greek art and is a mythical creature associated with the Greek god of the ocean - Poseidon (or Neptune in Roman myth). The Hippocampus has the top half of a horse including head neck and forelegs and the lower part of a fish, a dolphin or in some rare cases a serpent. Therefore the Hippocampus is literally a sea-horse. The name comes from the Greek ‘hippos’ meaning horse and ‘kampos’ meaning sea monster. Ursula has always been intrigued with sea life, horses, and mythical creatures. So, when she found out that there was a giant sea horse, and not the kind of sea horse you would normally see. Ursula has been studying the myth behind hippocampuses and has been reading mythology books based around them since she was just a little Plumerian. She also finds that the name is very interesting, as it roughly translates to "horse monster" in Greek. Ursula has this fascination with Greek legend and Greek monsters, so this makes it 100% cooler for her. She finds it interesting the hippocampus is known as Poseidon's horse, as it was "seen" emerging from the ocean and galloping. Ursula could also tell you how Poseidon was the god of horses as well as the god of the sea and earthquakes. Many Hippocampi were needed to draw the chariot of the sea of Poseidon. She spends her time studying both Greek history and Greek mythology, so this is why she knows so much about the hippocampus. She loves all the different images that different cultures/religions have painted of the hippocampus, especially the one from medieval heraldry. It still has the upper-half of a horse but is has webbed feet instead of hooves and dorsal fin of a dolphin instead of a mane. It has the tail of a fish and in some cases the wings of a bird, which is Ursula's favorite look of the hippcampi, as she finds it very interesting to see it with those "accessories" instead of the normal hippocampus look.
Virixin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me