Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Crowntail Racers Equine Adoption Agency - MOVED by ShadyBro

Based on Click to view
Artist ShadyBro [gallery]
Time spent 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
44 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Crowntail Racers Equine Adoption Agency - MOVED

Postby ShadyBro » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:53 am

We've Moved!

Welcome to Crowntail Racers Adoption Agency! Here, you may browse our lovely selection of the infamous Crowntail, a rare and treasured equine species native to the coasts of Thailand. Lucky for you, our agency specializes in obtaining and breeding these beauties a little bit closer to home. These beasts are stocky and muscular, ranging from 10 to 14 hands (3 - 4 ft) at the shoulder, and can average anywhere from 900 to 1200 pounds. Despite their tranquil and elegant appearance, Crowntails are known as ferocious creatures, with harshly controlled dictatorship style schools consisting of a matriarch and her offspring. In the wild these hefty equines are capable of ripping their rivals to pieces in a matter of seconds, but thankfully they are also quite tamable in captivity. It takes time to build a relationship with such a dangerous creature, but with lots of trust and effort they may even be ridden by their trainers - if they wish to allow it that is.

Table Of Contents

About The Species
-
Breeding Center
-
Rules For Owning and Adopting
-
Who Is Currently UFA?
-
Giftlines and Advertisements
-
Affiliates and Friends
-
Official Fanclub and Art Room
-
Artist Search
Last edited by ShadyBro on Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:20 am, edited 18 times in total.
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Information

Postby ShadyBro » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:53 am

Looks
A Crowntail looks like an average equine, with a lean yet sturdy build full of powerful muscles, but of course they do have a few qualities that pertain to their aquatic namesake. For starters, their unnaturally colored mane and tail closely resemble betta fish fins, specifically the crowntail variety; their long flexible quill-like 'spines' are wrapped in a fine and velvety textured webbing that bobs and flutters with their body movements. Their heel feathering is also made of a fin-type webbing, though they are much thicker with sharp tipped spines. Their orb like eyes are equally less equine with a somewhat supernatural glow in the darkness due to their lack of pupils, though their eyesight is exquisite.

Coloration
The colors on the species ranges, but all patterns are described as strictly equine. It is most common to see paint-type patterns, while the rarest variation known is pure black. The mane and tail can appear in any coloration, natural or unnatural, though they are more regularly blended color fades in shades of blue and red. Patterning on their webbing is unusual with the exception of stripping or highlight spines, but other mutations such as spotting are possible.

Behavior
Crownies are known by many other names, but none so popular as the Thai Fighting Quids. This name comes with no surprise, as these creatures are naturally ferocious fighters in the wild. They lead in a dictatorship style pack, with one Crownie guiding and protecting the swarm. If any member of the swarm is out of line, or attempts to challenge the leader in any way, they will automatically fight to the death. This is especially common with masculine presenting quids or protective parental figures. It is because of this that it is very important for their caretakers to keep domestic Crownies in very large territories, and to separate aggressive individuals for thorough hands-on taming.

Diet
Much like other scavengers, Crownies can eat just about anything. Their diet should be high in proteins in order to keep up the same vibrant colors in the mane and tail, however they can easily survive without meat, as most plant materials provide higher protein levels with easier digestion. It is common to find each swarm presenting their own unique food preferences, such as northern groups preferring plant roots or eastern swarms preferring aquatic algaes, but the overall consensus is the same with each; the species is VERY food motivated. In domestic groups, caretakers tend to prefer providing their swarms with grain-based diets, with the additions of raw aquatic plants such as kelp and seaweed to adhere to proper nutritional standards.

Mating
When two Crownies mate, eggs are produced by an intertwining of the tails, in which DNA from both parents of any gender combines and results in a small batch of fertilized eggs. Mating occurs only in bodies of water, where the eggs will grow and develop for several weeks just below the surface. One or both parents will work tirelessly to protect the eggs, blowing foamy bubbles into the water to cradle them and furiously attacking any moving thing that comes near them. At about a month old only one or two eggs will have developed far enough to hatch, and any unhatched eggs will be killed or abandoned by the parents. Newly-hatched foals are fully capable of managing on their own from this point, though most prefer to stay with their parents or integrate into the swarm for safety. In domestic swarms, it is common practice for caretakers to create man-made hatching ponds in fenced off areas where the parents can be moved in and out of the denoted spot, so that they have the ability to check on the foal's growth without being eaten by the parents.

Habitat
Wild Crowntails are said to be native to the coasts of Thailand, living in and among the muddy rivers and lakes, though the variety we have now is more commonly known as having originated from small remote island caves along the eastern american shore. Though they do not need to live in water to breathe, they do still require large bodies of fresh or salt water in order to properly forage and breed. The most prefered water sources are bayshores with freshwater rivers and saltwater marshes connected to it. Crownies can technically live like any other equine, settled in stables and barns with large pastures to explore and feed in, however it is unhealthy for a Crownie to go long without access to submersible-deep water. To accommodate their needs when living farther inland, barns are usually fitted with saltwater misters in the ceilings, shallow freshwater pools on the floor of each stall, and of course a large lake or pond somewhere within the pasture. The more water that is available the happier, healthier and more vibrant-looking your swarm will be!

Last edited by ShadyBro on Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules - UPDATING

Postby ShadyBro » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:54 am

General~

- Please be kind and respectful to one another.

- Do not rush or pester the artists.

- Do not steal, sell, or otherwise use these for anything other then their intended purpose.

For Adopting~

- You may adopt as many as you want, and as many as you like a day. There are no limits.

- You may not sell, trade, or gift your Crownie. Readoption events will be hosted as needed.

- You may give your Crownie any non-binary gender; this is generally prefered for the species rather than binary genders.

- You must include a show name as well as a barn name. Show names will be used for archival and event purposes.

For Breeding~

- You may breed any single crownie twice a month, even if they have twins.

- Any gender/sex pairing may breed, MxF / MxM / FxF / ?X?

- Each crownie has 10 breeding slots, but will gain 5 more each year. It is your job to keep track, but those caught going over the limits will have their crownie sterilized as well as any offspring created past said limits.

- Please do not specifically ask for twins. Each breeding artist may choose if they want to do twin breedings at all, and if so then each breeding will have a 50% chance of resulting in twins.

- It is the artists choice whether or not to allow trait requests, and if so it is equally their choice to deny requests. No artist is ever required to complete your trait requests - they are requests/ideas/suggestions only.

- You may always choose the gender/sex of your crownies offspring, but everything else such as their height, coat color, markings, ect will be determined by the breeding artist.

- A foal will be considered a a full grown adult after two weeks (14 days) from the date the breeding artist posts them. They will not be breedable, giftable, or readoptable until their growth date.

- You may choose to gift your foal(s) to a specific user or put them up for public adoption before they are posted, but after they have been posted you must wait the two week growth period to do so.

- Artists are not required to make changes or alterations to any created foals just because you do not like them. You may however talk to the breeding artist or message ShadyBro if something is wrong with the names of their coat colors.

For Artists~

- You may release as many Crownies a day as you wish, but try to keep quality over quantity.

- Feel free to come and go as you wish, you will not be removed for being inactive unless you leave CS for over six months.

- Always stick to species guidelines. If you're unsure, ask before posting.

- No line edits unless you ask me first. No mutations are allowed.

- Do NOT give them pupils. You may do eye markings such as heterochromia, but nothing resembling pupils.

- Be sure about the coat color you put down, or ask someone (or PM me) if you don't know.

- You may gift anyone you wish, and make as many customs as you like, all within reason.

- If you want to do breedings, just ask. I'll have you do a quick mock foal in the artist search comp and go from there.

- Try to be punctual about judging, or I will judge them for you if need be (just ask ^^).
Last edited by ShadyBro on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Giftlines & Advertisments

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3074065][img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2355126&size=small&format=auto&rev=1440222582[/img][/url]

ImageImage
Last edited by ShadyBro on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates

If you would like to be an affiliate of Crowntails please send me a PM with a link to your adopt!

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by ShadyBro on Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Quick Grab Forms For ARTISTS

For artists only!

Adoption~
[size=95][center][quote][color=grey][img]http://txt-dynamic.static.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjQ4LjhhOGE4YS5RM0p2ZDI1MFlXbHNJRkpoWTJWeWN3LCwuMAAA/romance-fatal.afliccion.png[/img]

Welcome to Crowntail Racers Adoption Agency! Here, you may browse our lovely selection of the infamous Crowntail, a rare and treasured equine species native to the coasts of Thailand. Lucky for you, our agency specializes in obtaining and breeding these beauties a little bit closer to home. These beasts are stocky and muscular, ranging from 10 to 14 hands (3 - 4 ft) at the shoulder, and can average anywhere from 900 to 1200 pounds. Despite their tranquil and elegant appearance, Crowntails are known as ferocious creatures, with harshly controlled dictatorship style schools consisting of a matriarch and her offspring. In the wild these hefty equines are capable of ripping their rivals to pieces in a matter of seconds, but thankfully they are also quite tamable in captivity. It takes time to build a relationship with such a dangerous creature, but with lots of trust and effort they may even be ridden by their trainers - if they wish to allow it that is.[/color][/quote][quote][b]Show Name:[/b] x
    [b]Barn Name:[/b] x
    [b]Height:[/b] ARTIST PICKS - 10hh-14hh
    [b]Coat Color:[/b] ARTIST ADDS
    [b]Gender:[/b] x
    [b]Link To Form:[/b] x[/quote]

ARTISTS ADD CONTEST INFORMATION/NOTES HERE

[b][Form][/b]
    [code][b]Username: [/b]
    [b]Show Name: [/b]
    [b]Barn Name: [/b]
    [b]Gender: [/b][/code]

[b]Prettying Up:[/b] Yes/No   |   [b]Extras:[/b] Yes/No   |   [b]Word Limit:[/b] XXX

[b]End Date:[/b] X/X/X[/center][/size]

Breeding~
[center] [size=90]♥ [b]Breeding For USERNAME[/b] ♥[/size]

[i][url=parent 1 link]parent 1 show name /// barn name[/url]
&
[url=parent 2 link]parent 2 show name /// barn name[/url][/i]

[code][b]Owner:[/b] USERNAME
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b] parent 1 height + parent 2 height / 2 = foals height
[b]Coat Color:[/b] COAT COLOR
[b]Gender:[/b][/code]

[i][b]Grow Date:[/b] TWO WEEKS AFTER POSTING DATE[/i][/center]
Last edited by ShadyBro on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Archives

Postby ShadyBro » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:55 am

Crowntail Racers Version One Located Here

Old Archives Located Here

A New Archive Is Being Made By Our New Archivist SpartanAmethyst - Please Be Patient <3
Last edited by ShadyBro on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Crowntail Racers V.2 - Open

Postby ShadyBro » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:00 am

Posting is now open! Feel free to mark <3
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zira. » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:32 am

Marking!
Zira.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:21 am

Mark!
Serenity
Good night, sweet Braveheart, we will miss you and never forget you. Fri. Apr. 8 2016
Julius went missing September 19 2022, assumed to have passed away.
My sweet angel, Storm, you were a birthday gift to me. Now, you return to heaven today- October 16 (2023)
-Canines, Cats, Horses, Tolters, SCS babs, Rukami, RWBW, Sprigons, Teacats
You are eternally screwed once Castiel turns his big blue puppy eyes on you...

Furtopia

Name: Darkness
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me