Thank You....Mother

"Thank You....Mother" by Fierce Wings

Dressup entry

Thank You....Mother

Postby Fierce Wings » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:15 pm

"My previous owner decided they didn't want me anymore. So there I was, sad and alone in a cold, gray cage, awaiting my fate. Was I going to go to a new home? Or was I going to spend the rest of my life living bound by those cold-hard bars?
I had been there for a while, sitting and waiting for all the people to rush into the building where the Pound is located. Every day I would see pet after pet leave with their new owners to their new home. Nobody came near my cage. They were terrified of me, saying that I was a wild beast who'd turn on them as soon as they'd look away. I was hurt by their false words and by the names they would call me. Day after day I would always be left alone in that dark cage. I was always the last one. The one nobody cared about. But that all changed one fateful day.
It was a rather normal day. I was taking a nap at the back of my cage, when I heard footsteps approach my kennel. I lazely, but curiously looked over to where they were coming from. What I saw shocked me. A girl, obviously in her teen years, was standing outside my cage looking at me with a comforting smile on her face."

"Hey there, buddy! How would you like to get out of this scary place?" She said, putting her hand through the bars and running her gentle fingers through my shaggy mane. I purred happily, and growled in a way that meant to tell her, "Yes! " She giggled and called to one of the helpers.

"Are you sure you want this one, kid? He's a wild monster who could easily-"

"Yes. He's the one. And he's not a monster. I appreciate your concern, sir, but I've made up my mind. And there's nothing you can do or say to change it."

"..... Very well."

Once I was freed from that wretched cage, the girl took out a large collar and somehow managed to fit it around my neck without any trouble.

"There we go! Look at how handsome you are with that new, spiffy collar!"

I looked down and read the word 'Tigger' on the tag. I smiled with happiness and pride. This must be my luckiest day ever! I'm finally going home!....Home. The word felt foreign to me. I had forgotten what it was like to have a home.

"Let's go home, Tigger!" She smiled warmly and patted my head. I felt a few tears slip from my tired eyes, and excitedly trotted over to her side.

"Finally. I have a home. Thank you.... Mother."

----------

Forgive the story, I just really wanted to add one to Tigger's entry! I love my big, lovable fur ball! <3
Fierce Wings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Thank You....Mother

Postby slushy puppy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:18 pm

Aww, love the story! :3 I also got his "Brother" hehe!
slushy puppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Thank You....Mother

Postby Fierce Wings » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Thank you! <3
Brooke • Female• She/Her • Asperger's • Discord: stormie_nightz