Artist CaptiveLegacy [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours
Drawing sessions 7
51 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #1778 -- Pansexual Pride

Postby CaptiveLegacy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:55 pm

This kalon represents the Pansexual Pride flag,
/wiki/Pansexuality wrote:"Pansexuality is sexual, romantic or emotional attraction towards people regardless of their sex or gender identity. Pansexual people may refer to themselves as gender-blind, asserting that gender and sex are not determining factors in their romantic or sexual attraction to others."

I also would like to say something that someone might be needing to hear right now,
You are AMAZING. You are LOVED. You are VALID.

-----------------------------

For this competition tell me a time when someone has made this kalon smile as well as a time when they personally brightened someone's day!
750 words max!

standard - hair, shine
common - tail
uncommon - ears

Ends July 6th @ 8PM EST

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b]
[b]when someone made them smile:[/b]
[b]when they brightened someone's day:[/b]
--------------------------

hello! i'm currently in graduate school so sometimes
I get swarmed with work and cannot access cs as
much as I can! feel free to drop a pm if you want
to chat or have any questions, and if I haven't
responded please don't mind sending
me a reminder ✉ !!

myo's : open!
kalon site

signature art by _silentsiren_
CaptiveLegacy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1778 -- Pansexual Pride

Postby Deercan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:32 pm

oo mark
deer/rainer
it/he/her • ΘΔ
kitty cat dance!
michealalmond
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:31 pm

username: SilhouetteStation
    name: Jennette
    word total: 744/750

when someone made them smile:
    She felt the band snap. Hair tumbled over her shoulders, and the wind whipped it back into her face. Lovely. Just what you wanted on a day like this. She shoved it away from her eyes just as her shoe caught on the edge of the footpath; onto the concrete she fell. Somewhere in the back of her mind she laughed. Ha. Jenny on the block.

For a second she let herself stay there, sprawled, before beginning to pick herself back up. It's okay, Jen, today is still a good day. Think about good things. The bakery. This leather jacket was scruffy anyway. Uh...dogs. Big dogs. Little dogs. Scruffy dogs in scruffy leather jackets. Dogs in-

She jumped back in fright and fell with a thump on her behind as a wet nose and an even wetter tongue suddenly invaded her face. Dark eyes peered out at her from behind a mop of golden fur, and the large body was positively vibrating at the prospect of giving her a slobbery grooming.

Did I make this dog appear? she thought for a second, mildly stunned, but immediately dismissed the thought. No, of course not. That's not possible. Then, just in case, a million dollars, a million dollars, a-

"Biscuit, you naughty thing, get back here!"

She gently pushed the fluffy beast away to look up as a girl ran over, around her age, with a horde of dogs in tow. Her shirt advertised Dahlia's Dogwalking. She slowed to a stop as she reached Jen, cheeks lightly flushed, golden eyes sparkling. "Sorry," she panted slightly. "Tugged the leash right out of my hand." She held out her own, and Jen took it and let herself be pulled up.

"No worries," she laughed. "He's certainly brightened my morning." And so had this stranger, standing here with a pack of dogs tied to her waist. It was a comical sight, but something about this situation was making her stomach tingle. Not because she was extremely pretty. Of course not. A gust of wind blew her hair back into her face, making her stutter and blush in equal measure.

"Oh, do you need a scrunchie?" the girl asked. "Here, take one of mine, I always carry extra." "Thanks," Jen managed to say, taking it gratefully with a stupid grin on her face. To her surprise and delight, it was returned in equal measure.

when they brightened someone's day:
    The day was winding down. The earlier heavy downpour had lessened to a light drizzle. Outside, puddles reflected the golden light spilling out from the bakery windows. Jen was wiping down the counter, glancing at the clock as she did so; almost closing. A quiet day, but lovely nonetheless, especially from her chance encounter that morning. Throughout the motions of baking, of frosting, of serving, she had let herself idly daydream about running into that girl again. Obviously things didn't work like that, but a girl could dream. Where was Biscuit when you needed him to barge into you, huh?

The bell above the door jingled, and she almost dropped the cleaning cloth when she saw her. There. In the shop. Raindrops caught in her hair and sparkling in the light. She swallowed hard and tried to act cool. "Her stranger."

The girl flashed her a grin. Oh great, she's got dimples. "Hey, you!" she said. "Fancy seeing you again. This place yours?" she then asked, gesturing around. "Sure is," Jen replied proudly. "Absolutely love it." "Well it's an absolutely lovely shop," the girl replied, peering into the display cabinet. "Goodness me, these all look so good! I've got to try that vanilla and orange cupcake, it looks delicious. How much-"

"On the house," Jen said quickly. "Honestly, you and your dogs really brightened my day, so...take this as a thank you, um...Dahlia, I'm assuming?" She gestured to her shirt, and the girl laughed. "Yep, that's me. And you are...?" "Jen," she replied, handing over the cupcake in a paper bag. "Thank you very much," Dahlia said, smiling, cheeks tinting pink. "I'll be sure to come back and tell you how good it is."

Jen laughed. "Well, I'll look forward to seeing you again." Cheesy, but good. "I hope you have a good rest of your day." "I certainly will now," she replied, winking as she left the shop. Smooth as anything, but Jen saw the expression on her face once she was outside; a big, stupid grin, just like the one she'd worn that morning.
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby metanoia. » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:02 am

username:
        name:
metanoia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strange_Atoms » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:07 am

username:StarDustCrusader
name: Ester
Ester was alone in the library, when she turned to one of the oldest books there. It was dusty, and looked like it had been sitting on the shelf for a hundred, maybe a thousand years. Carefully, she lifted the book. A small piece of parchment fluttered down, and she caught it carefully. Although at first she thought it to be a page that had fallen out, it was a note, written in careful hand writing:
"Be careful what you wish for, 'cause I wished for this book and it turned out to be so dreadfully boring!"
Ester giggled quietly, and careful placed the note and the book back on the shelf.

As she walked deeper into the library, she selected a random book off the shelf. She took out her pen and a piece of paper, and wrote her own note.
"Hey! It might seem tough right now, but just keep your head up, and it'll get better soon! P.s This book is very much worth your time!"
When she was finished, she tucked the book and the note back were it belonged, and went on her way.
ALL GOOD THINGS FLOW INTO THE CITYImage
Strange_Atoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doge fruit » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:30 pm

ahh dropping, gl~
Last edited by doge fruit on Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
doge fruit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Virani » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:50 am

username: Virani
name: peoria
my name is virani, but call me rani.
i like dogs and the band nirvana.
my sister is lil.
Virani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:28 pm

mark < 3
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eleya » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:42 am

username: Eleya
name: Cornelia "Conny"

It doesnt really take that much to make Conny smile. A simple greeting from a stranger is enough. This one time though, it was more than that. This guy came over, and sat down next to her. He first asked politely, and started a conversation then, starting with a really sweet question. "Where did you get your hair done? It looks amazing."
Conny was quite flattered, and got into a nice talk with him. When she had to get off the bus, he asked her, weather she would always take this bus. They agreed on meeting again every morning. After this encounter, Conny smiled the whole day and was a lot more motivated.

In her two hour lunch break, Conny often visits a book store. She loves to check out whats new and gets into talking to one of the booksellers there. When she asked him for advice on a new book, he told her about one he had written. Of course Conny needed to read it. She loved it quite a bit. On the last pages there was a bit of info on the author. It said he would love chocolate cookies.
So the next time Conny visited the book shop, she brought a bunch of self made cookies and told this guy how much she adored his book. She asked him to continue writing and always tell her when something is finished. He was really stunned by the fact someone really brought cookies, as most people just skip the bits of information on the last pages. In fact he was really happy about this small sign of appreciation.
Eleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptiveLegacy » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:40 am

Sorry for the delay in judging! Car broke down and had a birthday (oh what a range of emotions!)

The winner is ... SilhouetteStation !!
I loved how both of the question prompts flowed from one to the next! And both adorable stories made me find that I was smiling! Good job!

Thank you everyone for entering!

hello! i'm currently in graduate school so sometimes
I get swarmed with work and cannot access cs as
much as I can! feel free to drop a pm if you want
to chat or have any questions, and if I haven't
responded please don't mind sending
me a reminder ✉ !!

myo's : open!
kalon site

signature art by _silentsiren_