Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Tarren Adoption Center by dragons whisper

Artist dragons whisper [gallery]
Time spent 1 day, 14 hours
Drawing sessions 46
41 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Tarren Adoption Center

Postby dragons whisper » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:04 pm

TARREN ADOPTS

Announcements||Species Guide||Discord||Deviant Art||Instagram
Artist Search||Breeding||Surrender Center||Events||Trait Submissions

Last edited by dragons whisper on Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 31 times in total.
dragons whisper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

SPECIES INFORMATION

Postby dragons whisper » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:05 pm

----------What Are Tarren?---------------
Tarren are one of the many Species living on the Planet Domanian. Very little is known about the actual planet but studies on Tarren have been possible.
Tarren are omnivorous creatures, mostly consuming fish and land prey. They reside in 9+ different territories and though they keep to their groups, called Gangs, they can share amongst other territories when times get tough. No creature owns the territory to the Dark Forests because of how dangerous it is, but Bloodbore Tarren from all gangs protect it.
Though a Tarren's diet consist of mostly seafood, they cannot swim well. Tarren have a thick undercoat that helps them regulate temperature as well as very heavy bones and dense muscles. They are capable of swimming short distances but the undercoat will become saturated after a short time and eventually swimming will become too exhausting from trying to keep all the weight above water.
Tarren do not fear the water and are often found cooling in the shallows and catching fish. Their saliva contains a water proofing oil that protects them from small amounts of water, such as rain. They often groom themselves, and others they share a close bond with.
Brutes and Vixens can breed 8 times during their life. Vixens can have up to 24 babies, having no more than 3 Skimps per birthing. Tarren usually mate for life, though it doesn't always happen. Parents take care of their young until they grow to young adults. Once they are of age they are kicked from their gang to find out how to live and eventually to join a new gang. They are able to rejoin their old gang, but its rare, some never find anything and stay as Seekers forever.
Tarren live in a hierarchy with various Ranks. Each territory follows these Ranks. Starting with the Alpha and ending with the Barren. Tarren are very smart and have their own rituals. They are often guided by wise Elders of their past and believe they can lead them to the after life. Tarren often have Shamans that can commune with other species of Domanian, Spirit Guides, and even the Native Humanoids.
Though Tarren do not have contact with Humans they have had friendly interactions with the Natives of Domanian. When old Tarren die they are often given gifts, fabrics, food, plants, etc... by the Natives to pass on to the spirit world. In some cases, Tarren have allowed the natives to ride them into battle and help perform spiritual rituals. Tarren are often worshiped by the natives for luck but keep their distance.

----------Facts------------------------------------
- Speeds up to 70 mph.
- Blind Tarren can Echo Locate
- Males are called Brutes
- Females are called Vixens
​- Babies are called Skimps
- Age 0-9 years Skimp,
- Age 10-14 years Juvenile
- Age 15-19 years Young adult
- Age 20-29 years Adult,
- Age 30-40 years Elder

----------Anatomy---------------------
- Thick Rounded Muzzle
- Large Ears
- Four Eyes
- Droopy, Spikey, Flew Lip
- Large Muscly Build
- Thick Undercoat
- Guard Hairs
- Eight Spikes on Back
- Oily, Water Proofing Saliva
- Long, Flexible, Fluffy Tail
- Non Retractable Claws
- Height Minimum 3' Maximum 6' (ground to shoulder)
- Length Minimum 3' 5" Maximum 6' 5" (shoulder to rump) They are always 2-5 inches
longer than their Height.
- Tails Minimum 6' 4" Maximum 12' 10" (rump to tip of tail) Tails are usually Double the
length of their Body.
Last edited by dragons whisper on Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:14 pm, edited 31 times in total.
dragons whisper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ADOPTION and BREEDING

----------Adoption---------------
There are multiple different types of adopts that will be listed. Free, Auction, and Paid. All adopts will be posted here on ChickenSmoothie but anything involving real currency will be on the Discord Channel. All adopts will be advertised on Discord so those who do not have a ChickenSmoothie account may apply as well. Their forms will be posted by the artist on the adopts main page.
Each Tarren ready to be adopted will have a certain background. This background will determine which Gang/Territory the Tarren lives in. There are 9 different Territories, but sometimes Tarren do not have a gang to reside in. Either from being out-casted or because they are young and searching for a gang to join. Once adopted a background version will be provided below the adopt for the Owner, but the Transparent version will remain on the main page.
The color of their Blood determines their rarity. The colors can often be a gradient within their rarity.

Common - White
Uncommon - Yellow or Green
Scarce - Red or Orange
Rare - Blue or Purple
Ancient - Grey or Black

Tarren are a closed Species. If you find any off-brand, or fake Tarren please let the admin or mods know. These are not tolerated. free Tarren will be available often and give these creators no excuse to create fake Tarren. Multiple offences can lead to a Ban.

Good Luck!

----------Breeding---------------
If you desire to Breed your Tarren, join the Discord Channel.

----------Surrender Your Tarren---------------
If you desire to, surrender, disown, abandon your Tarren, join the Discord Channel.

Last edited by dragons whisper on Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:56 pm, edited 25 times in total.
dragons whisper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

RULES

---------------General Rules---------------
- Read All Rules
- Rules Change, Stay up to date.
- Family Friendly Species, PG/Pg-13 Content Only.
- No editing any of the sheets or lines provided after purchasing or adopting.
- You're welcome to make your own Reference sheets, they will not be used in archives though.
- Follow Guides, any incorrect information will be removed.
- Tarren are a Closed Species, report Fake Tarren immediately.
- Creating fake Tarren can lead to a Suspension or Ban.
- Harassment and Bullying are NOT tolerated and will lead to a Permanent Ban.
- Keep chats CLEAN, no swearing or crude language.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions or inform the Admin/Mods of any incorrect information.
- Failing to follow rules and acting out of line can lead to a suspension or ban.
- Guilt tripping staff is not tolerated.
- Bribing is not allowed and will lead to a suspension.
- Stay positive, have fun.

---------------Adoption Rules---------------
- No limit on owning Tarren.
- Storage Pages are required in order to adopt.
- Ask for permission using your own Tarren or other Tarren for anything offsite.
- You must ask other Owners to use their Tarren for anything.
- Tarren can not change genders and must be listed as Male or Female. But are allowed to be homosexual or Transsexual for role playing.

---------------Surrendered Adoption Rules---------------
- Re-adoption is only allowed on the Discord panel "Surrendered Adoption."
- Permission is needed from the Moderators or Admin before surrendering.
- 3 month adoption suspension if you are surrendering your Tarren.
- Follow the Steps, how to surrender your Tarren, on Discord or the Website.
- Surrendered Tarren are allowed to change their Name only.

---------------Breeding Rules---------------
- Breeding is only available on Discord, under the "Breeding" panel.
- Tarren can breed 1 month after creation.
- Tarren must not be related to breed.
- You can apply for breeding's 2 times a month.
- Follow the steps "How to Breed you Tarren" on Discord or the Website.
- Owners of Breeding's may place any of the skimps up for adoption if they do not wish to claim them.
- How many skimps your Tarren will produce will be randomly rolled.
- Payments must be made to artists before skimps are made.
- Skimps will not be re-made after creation.
- If you do not own one or both Tarren, then ask the owner/owners for permission to breed them together.
- Permission Quotes, with photo proof, are required for Breeding Applications.
- Faked Permission Quotes will lead to a Suspension or Ban, with full supervision of the staff... Dont Do It.
- Items do not pass down.
- Mutations and physical disabilities have a 10% chance of passing to each skimp.
- Antlers can not be passed down to Skimps.
- Reserving Slots is allowed.
- Owners can not sell their slots for more than $5 USD, (80 chicken dollars, 400 DeviantArt points)
- Agreements between Reserving slots should be kept private.
- Any Issues with private agreements may be taken to Mods to be resolved.
- Owners are not obligated to sell their slots.
- Owners are not obligated to breed their Tarren.
- Skimps posted keep the "nesting" background.
- Adult version of Skimps will be only in either the Mom or Dad's territory, applicants may choose between the two. Backgrounds will change when the choice is made.
- Skimp traits will be between the parents. Sometimes the grandparents traits can show on skimps, this is more common with 4 skimps.
- Breeding applications must be for yourself and not someone else.
- Has to be between Brutes and Vixens. Unless you have "Same Gender Breeding" tickets.
- How many skimps you get from breeding are randomly rolled between 150-499. Unless you have "Skimp Amount" tickets.
- 150-199 = 1 Skimp
- 200-299 = 2 Skimps
- 300-399 = 3 Skimps
- 400-499 = 4 Skimps

---------------Custom Rules---------------
- Customs can open up once a month from each artist.
- Free custom tickets can be won in Discord.
- Creating fake Tarren can lead to a Suspension or Ban.
-

---------------ChickenSmoothie Rules---------------
- Follow all CS rules.
- Advertising other species is NOT allowed.
- Keep forms simple and readable. Simple designs allowed.
- Do not copy other contestants forms.
- Paid adopts will be posted here but conversations involving real currency must be held on DeviantArt or Discord.
- Auctions will be posted here but conversations involving real currency will be carried out in Discord.
- Try out for as may as you wish.

---------------DeviantArt Rules---------------
- Bribing is not allowed and will lead to a suspension.

---------------Instagram Rules---------------

---------------Discord Rules---------------
- Advertising other species is allowed in the "Off-Topic, Advertisement" panel.
- Must maintain a Family Friendly environment.
- Keep chats CLEAN, no swearing or crude language.
- Be respectful to others.
- Spamming is not allowed.
- You may re-post existing posts after 24 hours.
- Harassment and Bullying are not tolerated and will lead to a permanent Ban.
- No mini-modding. @ a member of staff if there is an issue.
- Do not share personal information.
- Any USD transactions are to be done privately.
- You must chose a role to see the rest of the Discord server.

---------------General Staff Rules---------------
- Staff can earn 1 custom and 1 self breeding per month.
- Staff can stack 3 custom tickets to create 1 mutated Tarren.
-

---------------Discord Moderator Rules---------------
-

---------------Full-Time Artist Rules---------------
- Artists must join the Discord.
- Must post at least once a week.
- Full-Time artists can apply to be both Breeding Artists and Full-Time artists, but must apply before doing breedings.
- Tarren must be numbered in the Title.
- Artists can make 1 custom a month after creating 2 adopts.
- Stacked Mutation Tarren are only allowed to be created during events.
- Antlered Tarren can only be created during "Blood Moons" Halloween event.
- 1 Antlered Tarren created during the Blood Moons Event per artist.

---------------Breeding Artist Rules---------------
- Breeding Artists must join the Discord.
- Breeding Artists can create a self breeding after completing 2 breeding orders a month.
- You must list your prices on Discord.
- Breeding Artists are obligated to do 1 free breeding a month.
-

---------------Guest Artist Rules---------------
- Guest Artists must join the Discord.
- Guest Artists have 1 month trial to create adopts.
- All adopts must be free during trial.
- Guest Artists are not allowed to create mutated Tarren.
- Guest Artists will be allowed to create 1 custom for themselves at the end of their trial, which includes 1 mutation if desired.
-

---------------Suggestion Rules---------------
-
Last edited by dragons whisper on Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:03 am, edited 44 times in total.
dragons whisper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

EVENTS and COMPETITIONS

Postby dragons whisper » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:06 pm

January 1 - December 31
---------------Dice Roll Event---------------
All un-adopted Tarren, by the end of the year are posted in the "Dice Roll" Panel on Discord. You pay for a "Roll" for $2 then are randomly selected one of the un-adopted Tarren. If you aren't happy with the the Tarren you were given you can purchase another roll for $1 in hopes for a different choice. If you see a Tarren you like you can automatically buy it for $5. (these prices are equivalent for Chicken Dollars and DeviantArt Points as well.) This Event is always active but the un-adopted Tarren from the year before will always be added on the First of January. December adopts will not be posted until the next year.

Dice Roll Form
Code: Select all
[size=90]---------------[/size]

October 1 - October 31
---------------Blood Moons Event---------------
Once a year during the month of October, Domanian has a very strange phenomenon in the Dark Forests that reside in the world. Domanins three moons, Phemton, Karster, and Ulus, align in the night sky. Karster, the largest of the three and closest to the planet, can be seen during the day at all times of the year, often half of it disappears over the horizon of Damanian. But when the three moons align, they cast a red glow during the night and shine down on the Dark Forest. Animals whom can survive the radiation of the forest, migrate out of it during this time. It is speculated the three moons carry a heavy amount of radiation and when aligned, the radiation is powerful enough to reach the surface of Domanian, recharging and feeding the forest. The Dark Forest has a thick canopy that doesn't allow the suns light to reach the ground and grows a mass variety of plants that glow with bioluminescence. Giant mushroom type fauna grow over the canopy and can be seen from almost any position in the land. When the Blood Moons align, the Canopy seems to open up, allowing the glow of the moons to reach every nook and cranny. The dark forest is the most beautiful biome of Domanian and the most dangerous. Bloodbore Tarren are sworn to protect the portal inside the forest and are the only creatures able to survive the mass amount of radiation without being hurt. Bloodbore are born special, usually with antlers or unusual markings, indicating their unique ability and are given the title of Bloodbore as soon as they are born. Their unique traits do not transfer to their skimps and is unknown why or how they are chosen to carry them.

During the month of October, Uncommon Tarren are posted daily, Scarce Tarren posted once a week, Rare Tarren during Halloween as well as Antlered Tarren. Be ready, these Tarren will not go easily.

Blood Moons Form

December 1 - December 31
---------------Winter Event---------------
Coming Soon

Adopts
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
Winter Event Form

Last edited by dragons whisper on Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:28 pm, edited 20 times in total.
dragons whisper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

----------Staff---------------
This is our beloved staff. These are the people who help keep the species running and can't get enough thanks for their hard work. All adoption forms are posted below, to help keep everything organized and familiar.

Free Adoption Form
[size=90][center][img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/download/file.php?id=386996[/img]
[url=https://tarren-canines.weebly.com/annoucments.html]Announcements[/url]||[url=https://tarren-canines.weebly.com/species-guide.html]Species Guide[/url]||[url=https://discord.com/invite/k3kGn4a]Discord[/url]|| [url=https://www.deviantart.com/tarren-canines]Deviant Art[/url]||[url=https://www.instagram.com/tarrencanines/?hl=en]Instagram[/url]
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=4615147]Artist Search[/url]||[url=https://discord.gg/kPMZ5sxCdx]Breeding Center[/url]||Surrender Center
[img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/download/file.php?id=386996[/img][/center]
[center][quote]This Tarren is free! Free Tarren are posted on ChickenSmoothie, and DeviantArt. Forms from off site will be added below and judged together. Backgrounds will stay and Adopt Signs will be removed once adopted, a transparent version will be provided.

If you have any suspicions the information is incorrect, don't be afraid to check the website to make make sure it's accurate. Pm the artist, admin or mods if anything is incorrect or to ask questions. [/quote][/center]

[quote][center] ----------------[b]Contest Details[/b]----------------

In order to Win this Tarren you must _______.
Ends on "___"

This Tarren can start breeding on "___"[/center]
[right][quote][b]Blood Rarity:[/b]
---------
[b]Coat:[/b]
[b]Coat Markings[/b]
[b]Body Markings[/b]
[b]Pattern:[/b]
[b]Mane Markings:[/b]
[b]Tail Markings:[/b]
[b]Facial Markings:[/b]
[b]Paw and Leg Markings:[/b]
[b]Ear Markings:[/b]
[b]Fangs:[/b]
[b]Horns:[/b]
[b]Mutation:[/b]
[/quote][/right]

[list][b]Username: [/b]
[b]Storage Page:[/b]
[b]Tarren Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Gang:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Length:[/b][/list][/quote]
[center][img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/download/file.php?id=386996[/img][/center]
[quote] [center]----------------[b]Family Tree[/b]----------------[/center]
[right][quote][color=transparent]------------------------[/color] GGB: # n/a
[color=transparent]------------[/color] GB: # n/a
[color=transparent]------------------------[/color] GGV: # n/a
Vixen: # n/a
[color=transparent]------------------------[/color] GGB: # n/a
[color=transparent]------------[/color] GV: # n/a
[color=transparent]------------------------[/color] GGV: # n/a[/quote][/right][left][quote][color=transparent]------------------------[/color] GGB: # n/a
Brute: # n/a
[color=transparent]------------------------[/color] GGV: # n/a[/quote][/left][/quote][/size]

Paid Adoption Form
[size=90][center][img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/download/file.php?id=386996[/img]
[url=https://tarren-canines.weebly.com/annoucments.html]Announcements[/url]||[url=https://tarren-canines.weebly.com/species-guide.html]Species Guide[/url]||[url=https://discord.com/invite/k3kGn4a]Discord[/url]|| [url=https://www.deviantart.com/tarren-canines]Deviant Art[/url]||[url=https://www.instagram.com/tarrencanines/?hl=en]Instagram[/url]
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=4615147]Artist Search[/url]||[url=https://discord.gg/kPMZ5sxCdx]Breeding Center[/url]||Surrender Center
[img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/download/file.php?id=386996[/img][/center]
[center][quote]----------------[b]Contest Details[/b]----------------
This Tarren costs currency to adopt!
Chicken Dollar (C$) adopts will be posted on ChickenSmoothie. DeviantArt Point adopts will be posted on DeviantArt. Adopts involving real currency will be posted on Discord. These are first come first serve and have a set price. Any unadopted Tarren will be added to the "Dice Roll" event at the end of the year for a lower price. Backgrounds will stay and Adopt Signs will be removed once adopted, a transparent version will be provided.

[u]Common[/u]
"$5 - 80 C$ - 400 DA points"
[u]Uncommon[/u]
"$10 - 180 C$ - 800 points"
[u]Scarce[/u]
"$15 - 280 C$ - 1,200 points"
[u]Rare[/u]
"$20 - 380 C$ - 1,600 points"

If you have any suspicions the information is incorrect, don't be afraid to check the website to make make sure it's accurate. Pm the artist, admin or mods if anything is incorrect or to ask questions. [/quote][/center]

[quote] [center]This Tarren can start breeding on "___"[/center]
[right][quote][b]Blood Rarity:[/b]
---------
[b]Coat Markings[/b]
[b]Body Markings[/b]
[/quote][/right]

[center][img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/download/file.php?id=386996[/img][/center]
[color=transparent]------------------------[/color] GGV: # n/a[/quote][/right][left][quote][color=transparent]------------------------[/color] GGB: # n/a
[color=transparent]------------------------[/color] GGV: # n/a[/quote][/left][/quote][/size]

Auction Form
[center][quote]----------------[b]Contest Details[/b]----------------
This Tarren is on Auction!
Chicken Dollar (C$) Auctions will be posted on ChickenSmoothie. DeviantArt Point Auctions will be posted on DeviantArt. Auctions involving real currency will be posted on Discord. Backgrounds will stay and Adopt Signs will be removed once adopted, a transparent version will be provided.

Starting Bid: "___"
Auto Buy: "___"
Highest Bid: "___"

Ends on "___"

If you have any suspicions the information is incorrect, don't be afraid to check the website to make make sure it's accurate. Pm the artist, admin or mods if anything is incorrect or to ask questions.[/quote][/center]

[quote] [center]This Tarren can start breeding on "___"[/center]
[right][quote][b]Rarity:[/b]
---------
[b]Coat Markings[/b]
[b]Body Markings[/b]
[/quote][/right]

Blood Moons Form
boop boop beep

ORIGINAL DESIGN - moonlight_girl
CONCEPT/OWNER - Dragons Whisper / Darastrrix
DESIGNS - (c) to respective artists.
Last edited by dragons whisper on Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 18 times in total.
dragons whisper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tarren - Canines Adoption Center (WIP)

-
Last edited by dragons whisper on Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
dragons whisper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragons whisper » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:07 pm

-
Last edited by dragons whisper on Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dragons whisper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragons whisper » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:07 pm

-
Last edited by dragons whisper on Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
dragons whisper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Temporary Archives

Postby dragons whisper » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:55 pm

Main Adopts (A)

271. Mangrove - FoeGottenNinja
272. unadopted - xxx
273. unadopted - xxx
274. unadopted - xxx
275. unadopted - xxx
276. unadopted - xxx
277. unadopted - xxx
278. unadopted - xxx
279. Alo - Beskr
280. unadopted - xxx
281. unadopted - xxx
282. unadopted - xxx
283. unadopted - xxx
284. Bubble - FoeGottenNinjaa
285. unadopted - xxx
286. Hari - beskr
287. unadopted - xxx
288. unadopted - xxx
289. Mortu - Corals Art Studio
290. unadopted - xxx
291. unadopted - xxx
292. unadopted - xxx
293. Tiger - FoeGottenNinjaa
294. unadopted - xxx
295. unadopted - xxx
296. Kivi - budmisty0
297. unadopted - xxx
298. Lore - ShadyBro
299. unadopted - xxx
310. Lilith - AtariMaze
311. unadopted - xxx
312. unadopted - xxx
313. unadopted - xxx
314. unadopted - xxx
315. Moloch - Julius525
316. unadopted - xxx
317. Yuli - DuskzeHedgie
318. unadopted - xxx
319. Achilles - DarkHyancith
320. unadopted - xxx
321. unadopted - xxx
322. unadopted - xxx
323. unadopted - xxx
324. unadopted - xxx
325. Teivel - [url]fossils#0006[/url]
326. unadopted - xxx
327. unnamed - ShadyBro
328. unnamed - beskr
329. Moose - AtariMaze
330. [url=XXX]XXX[/url] - XXX
331. Alfonso - werepickle
332. Zac - Zentropy
333. Peaches - werepickle
334. Brutus - werepickle
335. Orenji - sleepyDandy
Last edited by dragons whisper on Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:10 pm, edited 49 times in total.
dragons whisper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me