Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Apache 12 years later by icetea~

Based on Click to view
Artist icetea~ [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Apache 12 years later

Postby icetea~ » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:11 pm

My first ever oekaki drawing was of a horse that I fondly named Apache that I created 12 years ago back in 2011 whom you can visit here: XxxXxxX
I never really interacted with him despite calling him a "fursona".

Lately I haven't been happy with my art skill and frustrated that I cannot produce the quality I would like. However, instead of dwelling on the imperfections and the negatives, I had just decided to do a fun little exercise. Reflecting on my growth as an artist (esp digitally) helps me look forward to how I will advance in the future, and reminds me, that we all start somewhere. I also gave him a big, ole, floppy, cardinal feather instead of a dream catcher to avoid cultural appropriation as I have also grown as an individual, and cardinals hold a lot of importance to me.

If you space out, and just fstare/focus on Apache, the background starts moving and turns into an optical illusion!

But don't ask about the swirlies, I have ZERO idea what that addition was, abstract waves possibly, but it looked weird to me just his bust since I got too tired to draw a body! lol
icetea~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Apache 12 years later

Postby arcadia. » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:24 pm

that is supreme improvement! I love your equines sm, keep it up! <3
arcadia.