Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Fog Mountain Yukons Version Two by birch.

Based on Click to view
Artist birch. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Fog Mountain Yukons Version Two

Postby birch. » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:47 am

Jaques Kymberlin - 1836 Upon Discovering Kymberlin Yukons wrote: On my journey deep within the timbered land of the untamed Yukon, I have found a breed of amazing horses that I do believe descended from either original pioneer lines or even further back to the notorious Vikings that were fabled to roam these lands. In any case, I have been studying these magnificent creatures and have found they are a rather curious and friendly breed, much like the Scottish Clydesdale. Large in nature, they typically can be found between 16hh and 18hh at the tallest. Their stance and very well muscled bodies make it very easy for pulling large amounts of weight all while never breaking a sweat. Very gentle and intelligent, the ones that I have become well acquainted with have shown a substantial ability to learn and comprehend commands. Their gait is the smoothest I have felt in my many years, with a stance that one could compare with dancing when seen running through open fields seldom provided in this harsh and dense terrain. I have seen very little evidence of the appaloosa genetics amongst this breed, though I do believe there are a few in its rarest state, so I will keep note of any I see. I shall tame one of these creatures -or a few- and take them home for myself, as these giants are the most fascinating beasts I have stumbled upon

Jaques Kymberlin circa 1846 wrote: "While wandering a nearby face, it occurred to me the true reason why no one had ventured this far. The fog was as thick as stew with the appearance you could simply cut a tunnel through it to find your way. As I wandered, my ears seemed to betray me as reverberating sounds met me with muffled reverence as my eyes attempted to make sense of the dense fog that surrounded me. Was the legend true? Many who had travelled here had gone made with the pure overwhelming feeling of power Fog Peak had radiated, the sense that someone -or something- was watching you, but the drive to find the hidden, purest form of Yukon was the only motivation for anyone, including myself. I had caught glimpses of fast moving shadows and the hidden calls of these ancient beasts but to find them? Seemingly impossible. Maybe one day someone can locate these creatures and put the old legend to rest.

Main Page | Discord | Breeding Center | Special Markings Visual Aid | Exploration Log |Christmas Event | Custom Center | Barn Registry and Information | Stream Club! | General Store and Arena

Deep within the Yukon in the year 1836, Jaques Giovanni Kymberlin discovered a rather large and beautiful breed of draft horse unlike any he had ever seen. He was able to keep them a secret amongst family, friends, and trusted colleges until recent discoveries and a massive wildfire drove them from their habitat. They fell upon a local reserve's lands and their large numbers were staggering, forcing the Department of Land Management to capture and adopt out many of these creatures. Little to nothing is known of this reclusive breed's origins yet they have drawn massive attention by the public and these lovely giants have found homes in many regions in the world.

Due to recent documentation, it is highly recommended that these beautiful beasts stay in a cooler climate, due to their many years of evolution in the wilds of the Yukon. The Department still continues to find and preserve small herds within its natural boundaries, taking any they see that are sick, injured, or too large in number to give them a more suitable home where they can live comfortably.

Welcome to the Fog Mountain Yukon Draft Adoption Agency and we hope that you find one of these beauties to take home to your own stables!

Rules:

All CS rues apply to this adopt!

Do not claim species as your own

Do not remove Ember's signature from any image!

Only one per person per day

You can apply for more then one in a day but you will only get one

There is no limit as to how many you can own right now!

Do not ask if/how to adopt as it clearly says how

If you do not own it you cannot use the image in any way shape or form without the owner's consent

You cannot edit forms and add anything to them unless stated otherwise

Always be nice and courteous. If I feel that there is any need to ban someone or suspend them, I have every right to do so and if you are banned your Yukons will be taken and rehomed in an adoption event.

If you have lost connection with your Yukons, it can be re-gifted or sent in to an admin to be rehomed but you are not allowed to sell it for any currency outside of CS.

Rules are subject to change at any time!

Staff

Owner and Operator:
birch.

Secretary:
Albino_

Wranglers:
birch.
TheKiwiKat
Nikki6Ashba

Archivist:
IceFire

Naughty Corner:
((This is for the ones that break the rules. No one is here yet so let's keep it that way!))

Suspension:
((This is where you land when you have used up your three strikes))

Ban:
((I will not tolerate any bullying, guilt tripping, or any sort of aggression. You present yourself in that manner and you will land in this section.))
Last edited by birch. on Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:25 am, edited 10 times in total.
birch.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fog Mountain Yukons Version Two

Postby birch. » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:48 am

Rarity Chart:

Very Common:
70% pass rate* (See 'Coloration Notes')

Tobiano, Overo, Splash, Grey, Solid, Dapples* Drip, Streaking

Common:
60% Pass rate*

Pangare, Tovero, Sooty, Roan, Dun, Primitive Striping*, Blotch, Tarnish, Blotch Variants*, Mottle, Sabino

Uncommon:
50% Pass rate for all percentage markings*

Cream Dilution, Champagne Dilution, Grease Spots*, Birdcatcher Spots*, Silver Dilution, Pearl, Inverse Dapple^, Double Dilution (Cream+Cream, Cream + Champagne, etc...), Any Appaloosa Variant, Zorse, Blotch Appaloosa, Rabicano, False Point*, Filled Streak*

Rare:
40% Pass rate for all percentage markings*

Brindle*, Reverse Brindle*, Somatic Mutation*, Calico*, Reverse Splash, Chubari Spots*, Cobweb*, Reverse Chubari Spots*, Dominant White, Peacock Spotting

Very Rare:
30% Pass rate for Manchado and Mosaic and 15% pass rate for Chimera

Manchado*, Mosaic, Chimera**

Coat Coloration Notes:

Dappling is also very common in this breed, meaning if non grey/sooty genetics are present, dappling may pass with a 60% chance but if grey or sooty genetics are present, it passes with 100% to the foal.

Brindling, somatic mutations, calico, and other colorful expressions on this breed are not commonly seen therefore to obtain such a specimen is highly valued as they were often sold away to different habitats. Because of this reason, it is rare to see these genetics in the wild variety of Yukons.

Chubari spotting is a striking white spotting seen on a horse. Not much is known about this genetic yet it is thought to be associated originally with greying in other horse species. The reverse version of this marking is shown by being lighter or darker than the base coat and not white like typical chubari spotting.

False point is a special marking that only affects Chestnut bases and will only express in extreme manners to cream or champagne diluted chestnut coat varieties specifically.

Chimera is a very rare marking and it is almost exclusively a Mare that will express the coat mutation. There is a very small chance that it could be a Stallion but from the genetic testing and breeding done with these special Yukons, the foals have a 90% chance of being a filly and only a 10% chance to be a colt.

For Artists:

Code: Select all
[i][center][quote="Jaques Kymberlin - 1836"] On my journey deep within the timbered land of the untamed Yukon, I have found a breed of amazing horses that I do believe descended from either original pioneer lines or even further back to the notorious Vikings that were fabled to roam these lands. In any case, I have been studying these magnificent creatures and have found they are a rather curious and friendly breed, much like the Scottish Clydesdale. Large in nature, they typically can be found between 16hh and 18hh at the tallest. Their stance and very well muscled bodies make it very easy for pulling large amounts of weight all while never breaking a sweat. Very gentle and intelligent, the ones that I have become well acquainted with have shown a substantial ability to learn and comprehend commands. Their gait is the smoothest I have felt in my many years, with a stance that one could compare with dancing when seen running through open fields seldom provided in this harsh and dense terrain. I have seen very little evidence of the appaloosa genetics amongst this breed, though I do believe there are a few in its rarest state, so I will keep note of any I see. I shall tame one of these creatures -or a few- and take them home for myself, as these giants are the most fascinating beasts I have stumbled upon[/quote][/i][/center]

[b]Sire:[/b] Foundation
[b]Dam:[/b] Foundation
[b]Username[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Phenotype:[/b]
[b]Genotype:[/b]
[b]Breeding Notes:[/b]

[code][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Collar Color:[/b] [/code]

Last edited by birch. on Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:09 am, edited 8 times in total.
birch.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birch. » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:32 am

Begin your exploration of the Fog Mountain National Reserve today!

This adoption agency is an exploration based agency, the team here at FMNR feel it would be more rewarding to make that personal connection with your horse as you go out on your own or with your bonded Yukons! We have four different entry levels, each with a percentage chance of finding one of these beauties on your own! You may find and enter your forms in the Exploration Log so each horse discovered can be thoroughly documented.

**Disclaimer** Each winner will be decided by a random number generator and each horse will be calculated using a random horse generator. Whether or not you find a horse is solely based on the rng used. Rare or Uncommon markings will also be determined by a list randomizer. This horse will be unique to you and no two Yukons will be the same! Unless they're twins but we will talk about that later ;)

Entry level: Greenhorn. Exploring the mountain at this entry level is only for those who do not own a Fog Mountain Yukon yet! There is a 100% chance of finding a horse and an 85% chance of it being uncommon or even rare!

Slots and prizes will be documented here for everyone to see!

Entry Level: Beginner Winners!

DuskzeHedgie - Primitive Striped Grulla Reverse Splash with Inverse Dapples
Wubbawoo - Mottled Chestnut Tobiano with grease spots
Wolfhaunt - Silver Classic Champagne Sabino with Primitive Striping
Athena - Streaked Splashed Honey Chestnut
chellard - Chestnut Near Leopard Appaloosa with Somatic mutation and Silver Carrier

Entry Level: Agile Climber Winners

Entry level: To the peak!

Final Entry Level: Mountain Goat (Coming Soon!)

Last edited by birch. on Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:05 pm, edited 14 times in total.
birch.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Current Events Bulletin

Postby birch. » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:33 am

Last edited by birch. on Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
birch.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birch. » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:41 am

Affiliates

Want to enjoy another fun horse rng? Check out Herds of Thalija!
birch.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birch. » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:52 am

Now Open For Posting!!
birch.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunniedew » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:24 am

mark
sunnie/snakies he/it
-average rudolph enjoyer
-probably playing apex legends
please do not send me messages
or trades unless prompted <3

✧ Oekaki Art Shop

✧ Range Trotters
Sunniedew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birch. » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:18 pm

The games are open!

Exploration Log

Stop in and get your first Yukon! Games are easy and outcomes are random, a true mystery beauty is awaiting you!
birch.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CupidCola » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:51 am

Mark
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx