Based on Click to view
Artist Kitteh [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sprigon #18 | Rainbow!

Postby Kitteh » Sat May 04, 2024 4:44 am

What’s a Sprigon?
Sprigons are magical creatures that exist undiscovered in the remote reaches of modern day Earth. From the upper atmosphere to the darkest depths of the oceans, these creatures have adapted to hide and survive in nearly any environment. In fact, not only do they survive, but they seem to be able to manipulate their habitat magically in order to do so. Sky Sprigons, for instance, have the power to influence the weather, while Water Sprigons have sway over currents and tides.
Their most notable feature is certainly their tail, which can reach lengths of up to 6x that of their body. While moving they are often mistaken for long-bodied creatures like serpents or dragons, when in fact their actual body is quite stocky and square. The Sprigon’s tail is the source of its magic and is used in nearly every aspect of its life; so far, Sprigons have been noted to fly, swim at great speeds, and even tunnel into the ground.
These creatures are still considered Cryptids by the general public, and even the Cryptozoologists who study them know very little. It is suspected that Sprigons of different elements may breed to create new elements, so the number of different Sprigon elements is entirely unknown.

Traits:
[tail length - long]
[element - water]
[NR] sclera color, tail fin shape
[C] extra fins, ear edits
[UC] scales

A lil rainbow trout inspired Water Sprigon!
To enter for this one, tell me their most interesting fishing story!
You may only win one event adopt, but you may enter for as many as you'd like!

Code: Select all
Username + ID:
Sprigon Name:
Prompt:

Ends Sunday, May 26th!
Last edited by Kitteh on Mon May 20, 2024 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿
Kit ⇛ She/Her ⇛ I liek cats
ToyhouseDA©
﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀
Kitteh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sprigon #18 | Rainbow!

Postby Pupfawn » Sat May 04, 2024 6:13 am

Username + ID Pupfawn 1086471:
Sprigon Name: Raynie
Prompt:
Raynie loved to fish. No lake, river, or ocean was safe from her small squirrel-like hands. Why use a fishing rod when you could merely chase them down and grab them? Of course, she only caught and released, for the thought of actually eating fish always discomforted her, for some reason.
One day, Raynie was fishing in a river. She swam and ducked against the current of the water when she saw a familiar pattern. A VERY familiar pattern. She swam up to the large fish, who seemed undisturbed by her presence, and Raynie inspected the fish. Its colors and patterns were almost identical to her own. In shock, Raynie stopped moving and began to drift backwards, with the current. What did this mean? Was it always written in the stars that Raynie was meant to be a fisherwoman? Or was she some sort of mutant sprigon-fish hybrid who actively terrorized her own people? If she ever did eat fish, would she be a cannibal? Thinking on these things, Raynie forgot to watch where she was going. She hit her head against a rock, and all was dark for a few minutes. When she came to, Raynie had forgotten her encounter with the rainbow trout.
Pupfawn
Adorable avatar by amaoretto
INFP-T
Dragon Superfan
HalfDragon02 on Flight Rising and Madelynn #1683073 on Furry Paws
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Pupfawn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Wed May 08, 2024 1:14 pm

Username + ID: Griff 254592
Sprigon Name: Jasper
Prompt: There was one huge benefit to having the colors of a fish when fishing. Jasper would often use his own tail as a lure, oping to catch those attracted to it. What were a few teethmarks in the face of catching a fresh supper? Besides, tails healed! And nothing really bug ever tried to grab her... well. Except the one time.

He felt the telltale tug of a bite, and went to dash in the opposite direction to "Reel" it in. Only this time, it was too big! It was reeling him in! He ran and ran, only to be pulled in the opposite direction! He found himself staring up at a human, blinking owlishly at them as he waved. "Uhm, hi? Do you like to fish here too?" he asked. And so, the two became friends. They taught each otehr their unique methods, and together created something even better than lunch: memories.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrano » Thu May 09, 2024 3:07 am

Username + ID: cyrano + 887402
Sprigon Name: Pidgey
Prompt:
used to be: smith(ers) & s-simplicity| toyhou.se | my kalons
Cyrano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eelu » Fri May 10, 2024 2:08 am

Username + ID: eelu 137742
Sprigon Name: Upstream
Prompt: Upstream gripped the rock under his little toes, watching motionlessly as a school of rainbow trout splashed and darted chaotically down the river. Seamlessly, he blended into the crowd of slapping fins fighting for leverage. It was spawning season, and that meant the river was packed full of Upstream’s favourite snack. Hunting was easy when you can disguise yourself amongst the fish, it might take a fisherman his whole reel before realizing the fish he caught wasn’t a fish at all. Which was exactly what happened. Just as Upstream would bite into another trout, the fish jolted, and suddenly he was being pulled away from his buffet. Clinging to his meal with all the strength his little jaw could muster, he fought the force that dragged him and his snack to the riverbank, little fins and long tail slapping and thrashing wildly against his catch, a true battle of strength and endurance. He was no match for the unnatural current, and eventually, his trout lifted from the water, the small Sprigon dangling from the bite hold he had on the fish. Daylight blinded him, as a large shadowy figure held him out of the water. It’s voice was low, a gentle grumble, as it carefully unhooked the fish from its line, and placed both the trout and the Sprigon into a large bucket. Upstreams eyes adjusted, peeking out of the bucket, meal clutched tight. The large figure gently bopped him on the head with a single finger. Upstream dipped back down into the bucket, wide eyes peering up through the surface. Once the large figure seemed to be ignoring him, he chewed and tore through his catch, eating up any evidence of a rainbow trout. As soon as he had finished, the large shadowy figure slowly leaned down and dropped another trout into Upstreams bucket. Excitedly, he ate the second fish even faster than the first. Feeling more curious, Upstream lifted himself out of the water, his small feet gripping to the side of the bucket. He watched as the shadowy figure sat by the water, tossing lines and slowly reeling them back in. He watched with all his focus, as suddenly, a third trout came up on the line that was pulled in. Upstream slipped back down under the water as the figure turned to him again, and without hesitation, dropped the trout right into his arms. Upstream squealed in excitement, making bubbles as he bit into yet another trout. This was awesome! No need to hunt if this figure was just going to give him fish! Maybe he would stick around it for a while….
eelu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitteh » Mon May 20, 2024 12:50 pm

Howdy! Due to my short absence this past week I will be extending this one until next Sunday, the 26th!
︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿
Kit ⇛ She/Her ⇛ I liek cats
ToyhouseDA©
﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀
Kitteh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me