Based on Click to view
Artist HowlingHooves [gallery]
Time spent 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Free the Fishies!

Postby HowlingHooves » Mon May 06, 2024 7:33 am

Pirates have captured a number of Sea Trotters that are sporting some newly discovered fishy fins!
    They're intent on keeping them all to themselves, how rude of them.
    Let's get these new fishy friends into homes that will know how best to take care of them.

EVENT RULES:
    𓆝 Follow all CS and Range Trotter rules! This includes common courtesies, such as complaining, guilt-tripping, etc.
    𓆝 Everyone is welcome to participate! Established community members, new discoverers, anyone who wants to jump in.
    𓆝 There is no limit to how many trotters you may win from this event, but please be courteous of others.
    𓆝 This event will run from May 5th to May 20th, no more event trotters will be made after this period.

ARTIST RULES:
    𓆝 You may make your own edits, but please do not add new tailfins to this series! Hair edits are acceptable.
    𓆝 All prompts should be simple, but revolve around the theme of rescuing trotters from big bad pirates, arghhh!
    𓆝 You may make one personal custom at the end of the event. If you post ten or more trotters, you may make a second.
    𓆝 Please do not make 'choose your own markings' for this event.
    𓆝 All fish and hippocampus markings can be used on these lines.

Current edits are made by vak! Thank you so much for the fishi-fied edits!
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Mon May 06, 2024 8:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

New Additions!

Postby HowlingHooves » Mon May 06, 2024 8:17 am

On top of having some new edits, we also have some new genes to introduce and add to the Hippocampus registry!
    Please be aware that all fish markings are limited to Hippocampus, Mer-May and Save the Fishies lines, as well as being able to be found in breedings once the event has concluded.

Angel Stripes - Astr_
    Made by Embergleam, this marking will give the barrel of the horse a black stripes as seen on the Flame Angelfish!
    Homozygous expressions will show some small spotting around the stripes.
    Heterozygous expressions will only show the stripes.

𓆝 π“†Ÿ π“†žπ“† π“†Ÿ π“†ž

Epaulette Shark - + Epaulette
    Made by BadgerBuddies, this non-genome marking will show the black outlined white spot on the horse! There can be more than one seen, but there will always be one larger than the others near the shoulders and neck area. All spots must be black with a white spot inside, much like Vulgare is yellow and black.

Kraken - Krk_
    Made by HeyHeygirl101, this marking is just like Snake Tattoo with the change being that you'll see tentacles like an octopus, squid, or the mythical kraken beast of the seas!
    It can be seen lighter or darker than the base, and there is no difference between homozygous or heterozygous expressions.

Triggerfish - Trf_
    Made by Taxidea, this marking gives the belly spots found on Clown Triggerfish! Spots can only ever be white, and do not extend past the chest. Spots can be any number of sizes all mixed together, but are most commonly seen with the bulk being larger.
    Homozygous expressions can show spots of the base within the circles, such as seen here, from Lloyd Gomez.
    Heterozygous expressions will only ever have solid spots.

Whitecap Appaloosa - Lplp Wc_
    Made by HowlingHooves, this addition to Appaloosa genes rounds out the edges of blanket types to make them look more like dripping water or the round peak of an ocean wave after it's curled back over.
    Homozygous expressions of Wc can show smaller spots around the blanket, as well as groupings of moderately sized spots along the neck, like a group of barnacles. These groupings are usually seen on one side of the neck and not both, nor are they sharp edged.
    Heterozygous expressions will not show any of the spotting around the blanket or on the neck.
    This marking will never show if the pattern gene (P1_) is present.
    xx

Examples will be provided as the markings are released!
    Please check out the rarity guide for other fishy related markings. c:
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Mon May 06, 2024 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Potential Prompt List

Postby HowlingHooves » Mon May 06, 2024 8:26 am

Artists, not sure what kind of prompt you'd like to use?
    Feel free to pick from this list, use them as many times as you want, edit them to fit what you'd like.

𓆝 You've been marooned with a pirate and their captured Fish Trotter! How would you convince them to hand the horse over to you?
    𓆝 Make up a sea shanty about these fish trotters!
    𓆝 What kind of ship would you use to chase after these pirates and rescue the fish trotters?
    𓆝 What kind of mermaid would be this trotters best friend?
    𓆝 How did the pirates capture this trotter?
    𓆝 You found a treasure chest while looking for any roaming fish trotters, but its empty! What would this trotter fill it with?
    𓆝 This fish trotter was way too unruly, and now the pirates are making it walk the plank! Would it jump of willingly, or be too scared?
    𓆝 Make a drawing of a wanted pirate!
    𓆝 What would your pirate name be if you were sneaking onto a ship to rescue the fish trotters?

Raffles are acceptable options, as well, but let's get some creativity into the mix, too. c;
    If you think of any other prompts you'd like added as an example or to allow others to use, let me know to post it here!
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me